Walmart Employee mocks veiled Islamic female - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Walmart Employee mocks veiled Islamic female
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:26 PM on j-body.org
Didn't get the link....from Yahoo News.

Wal-Mart apologizes to Muslim woman

2 hours, 29 minutes ago

RIVERDALE, Utah - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was mocked because of her face veil.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2, according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday by the council's Nevada chapter.

"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation," Rodriguez said without disclosing details.

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.

At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene confirmed the letter and declined further comment.

"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.

"Infidel, you have not yet begun to pay!!!! And I mean that in a monetary way, not a Jihadish way."

This has all the makings of a hot-button issue for the news agencies. Sensitivity training for Everyone! They should have Michael from The Office do this seminar.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Walmart Employee mocks veiled Islamic female
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:28 AM on j-body.org
Reminds me of the one south park episode. Besides there was nothing racest about it. Someone walks in with their face covered and cant take a joke. Im gonna walk go shopping in a store with a black trench coat and ski mask.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:28 AM on j-body.org
boo hoo. an isolated event....nothing more. walmart doesnt exactly employ PhDs or anything....what do they expect?

Quote:

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.

this is BS though. @!#$ "sensitivity training"....!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:51 AM on j-body.org
we not live in a coutnry where it is wrong to make any joke about any person in the world.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:23 AM on j-body.org
When devout Islamic people become tolerant of all people, then maybe they can expect tolerance back. I agree that was a pretty retarded comment, but it's in backwater buttfu*k Utah, what do you expect? I have little squinty eyes because I'm part Mohawk Indian and I know what it's like for some dumbass to come up to you and go "What are you exactly? Chinese?" followed by some moronic titter.It's not pleasant (although I must admit it's a great stress reliever to totally humiliate and verbally put down the inquisitive idiot.) but at the same time it goes with the territory. Some places don't give race or religion a second glace, some do. It's not really racism, it's just that these people are uncomfortable around anyone who isn't like them.

Besides, what kind of balless nitwit with no self-confidence needs people of zero importance to respect them? I don't ask for the guy who pumps my gas or the clerk at Wal-mart to give me respect. I don't need or want their respect. I don't care. If they screwed with me I wouldn't go crying to some rights group, I'd just yell myself hoarse at the offending party until they p*ssed their pants in utter fear (like I said, great stress relief ). The only people I demand respect from are people I work for or from people who works for me, but that's only to maintain order and discipline, not to fluff my own ego. Frankly, I respect myself and I know who and what I am, that's all I need and all I expect from life.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:55 AM on j-body.org
I have nothing to really add to this thread but I found this kinda funny.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:56 AM
Attachments
untitled.JPG (181k)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:09 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hahaha gotta love adbot stuff

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:03 PM on j-body.org
I wouldn't expect anything more from a WalMart employee.

BTW, I'm still waiting for my public apology from Albertson's groceries. Got stuck getting the pads for the old lady and the motherfr called a price check after a clearly half-hearted attempt to scan it.

Oh never mind. I did get that guy fired.

---

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:03 PM on j-body.org
there is a time and place to make a joke like that, and this was not the time nor the place
you are at work in a retail environment or any place that deals with people like that, there is something called customer service
regardless if you, me, or everyone feels that this person should take a joke, does not make it right either way
for all you know, that person could be constantly ridiculed all the time for their religion, when they could have done nothing wrong
just because she is islam does not make her guilty of what other people have done

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:32 PM on j-body.org
Some twit that works for a major US employer makes an inappropriate joke, and instead of being castigated and leaving it at that someone hears about it and flips out and blows up media attention.

News @ 11.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search