Self-defense: What do you use? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Self-defense: What do you use?
Friday, February 29, 2008 2:33 PM on j-body.org
Personally, my weapon of choice is myself. I've never much liked relying on something else to protect me. So I know how to fight and how to be quick on my feet and how to smell trouble before it starts. However, that's just common sense.

If I had to choose a weapon to carry it would have to be those cheap breakaway razor knives. They don't cost anything, you can carry several, they're legal to carry on your person and they're very good in both slashing and stabbing defense situations.

Since I'm in Canada guns aren't an option, but I don't particularly trust guns in close quarters combat anyway. In almost any public situation when a guy's coming at you with a weapon already drawn I'd rather not be fiddling around trying to take out my own piece while he plugs my ass full of lead, instead preferring to put distance between him and me so I can regroup and think out some plan to make sure that he'll be singing "Thanks for the memories" with a halo and a harp next time. Yeah, I know... he could shoot me while I run and that's an ignoble way to die, but odds are he'll miss. Most guys, especially criminals, can't hit crap for crap unless it's twenty feet in front of them.

If I had to choose a gun. I'd say a pump action shotgun with pistol grip for home defense and a Glock for anything else.

Speaking of Canada, I have to say I feel pretty safe where I am. It's really rare to see people killed. As much as you Yanks try to paint it otherwise, if you're not in Toronto or Vancouver, you're not likely to die from anything before your time except for Maple Syrup poisoning. Even getting beaten up is something that's a rare occurence. I've walked around everywhere in Montreal and I've never felt the slightest bit threatened.

Yeah, we can't have guns and that sucks. But I never have to worry and that's not a bad thing either. I feel blessed...

I still want a gun though dammit

Re: Self-defense: What do you use?
Friday, February 29, 2008 5:18 PM on j-body.org
I could never live in Canada then. I refuse to give up my firearms. When I went to Africa and Australia it was a relative breeze to get my rifles in but a giant pain in the ass to get them back out. Seems odd, they dont want them there but dont want to let you take them back home. Good news is I have a lifetime import/export permit to take my .458 into and out of Australia. The UK sucks as well.

Home defense: Rem 870 20ga.

Personal: not sure yet, but will be figuring that out soon.

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:11 PM on j-body.org
i'm 6'1 and 320 ish. i can make my way through about anything. although sheer size doesn't account for everything, it sure helps when applied properly.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, February 29, 2008 8:22 PM on j-body.org
I am 6'4 and 340, so I just use me as a way of defense

Hasn't let me down yet

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:24 PM on j-body.org
Realistically you have to first understand that the major influx of illegal firearms are from the USA and Second hand guns are not illegal, they're just REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to purchase.

I have my Restricted weapon license, and that covers hand-guns, and yeah, it was a PITA to get, but due to the fact that I already work for the RCMP (and therefore my fingerprints/criminal record) is available for search quickly it was very quick. Other than that, when you apply for the restricted weapons permit, you have to go through a lot of hassle, and you should specify that you're looking to own for the purpose of sport... Unless you're LEO or embassy protective detail or other very specific individual, you cannot get a concealed or open transport permit.

Anyhow, I have a colt 1911 Government automatic (that I haven't fired or cleaned in a dog's age), a couple of remington .22 stem rifles, and a 30/30.

http://www.anonym.to/?http://www.gunexams.com
http://www.anonym.to/?http://www.FirearmsTraining.ca
If you want some Canadian study guides.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:27 PM on j-body.org
I'm not a huge guy, only 5'11 and about 225. I don't go places where trouble is, so I generally don't worry about it. I basically just walk through parking lots like I'm really serious and look around me a lot. Most people, unless they have a vendetta against you personally, will look for an easier target. Plus, no one would want to steal my car, so I dont' care about that. As far as home defense, I have a lever-action Winchester 30-58, a boston terrier...and my "little" brother.Troy. I know a rifle isn't ideal, as it'll go through 5 walls, but its all I have for now.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, February 29, 2008 8:44 PM on j-body.org
i use Cavalier2001z24's moms panties for self defence.....boy that hasnt let me down yet damn streight beisch

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Friday, February 29, 2008 8:57 PM on j-body.org

Argyle: "First, learn to use this (wits), then I'll teach you to use this (sword)."

Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:39 AM on j-body.org
LOL
check this out

Self Defence!

Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:01 PM on j-body.org
anything handy (including myself) if im not home. once i am home, i have the ruger. eventually i plan on getting a C&C so i can carry on me or in my car at all times.

Monday, March 03, 2008 9:56 AM on j-body.org
1st: my mind

2nd: whatever weapon seems apparent for the situation that can deliver a disabling, or likking stroke if needed

3rd: bladed weapon

4th: "Showgirls in Beverly Hills", starring Elizabeth Berkley, Tori Spelling, Keanu Reeves, and William Shatner. The script is by Joe Eszterhas, Ed Wood and Joel Schumacher direct, and Yoko Ono collaborated with Fred Durst on the soundtrack." --although there's reasons that the UN will ban it as it contravense human rights directives and anti-torture laws.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:34 PM on j-body.org
I use one of these.

I wear one to work, and often when I leave and I'm alone, I'll take it off and hold onto it just in case. If I don't have it handy, I use my keys.

Your fight begins tonight.
Friday, March 07, 2008 12:33 AM on j-body.org
I don't generally have to worry about self defense, but if I'm in a situation where I think something might go down, I grab ahold of my keys.

Friday, March 07, 2008 1:06 PM on j-body.org
adrenaline and pure rage
i have blacked out from rage during fights before
i go in and out
its really wierd

Friday, March 07, 2008 1:11 PM on j-body.org
my penis and one of these bad boys

Friday, March 07, 2008 3:11 PM on j-body.org
ah so you shoot them after they start laughing at your penis? good strategy, divert, then attack!

Friday, March 07, 2008 6:14 PM on j-body.org
Anyone know of any good stun guns/batons? I'm thinking of buying one.
Friday, March 07, 2008 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:ah so you shoot them after they start laughing at your penis? good strategy, divert, then attack!

I use joeys penis too, but i give them the double whammy because my gun us just as small. I have a kel tec .380. Its the smallest .380 they make and it only weighs half a pound unloaded. i love it, except for its 6 round clip. Oh well. Thats just means no warning shot.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:26 AM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:ah so you shoot them after they start laughing at your penis? good strategy, divert, then attack!

hahaha I nomally have my folding utility knife form work on me at all times, and I'm always around people unless I'm at home or driving to and from work.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:14 PM on j-body.org
If you live in the states.... you can currently get a permit to carry a pistol but I don't know how long it will last. (I have one)

AWAY FROM HOME

I always have a knife on me "ALWAYS"........ but my regular knife isn't really the best for being used as a weapon.... so I usually either carry my military issue boot knife or my Kabar depending on where I'm going (movies = boot, camping = kabar).

I also keep an aluminum T-ball bat in my car..... it's just the right length and weight for personal protection.

For a Firearm... I carry a 9mm S&W cs9 with 124 grain hp's in it with 2 extra clips (me permit makes it legal for me to carry it)

AT HOME

My regular knife in my pocket , with my 9mm at arms reach...

When I'm sleeping.... the 9mm is under the pillow, and the Kabar is right next to the bed with a semioutomatic rifle (15-shot .22 cal) and I have the door to my apartent rigged so it will make a crap load of noise if it's broke open and wake me up.

I live in a part of town where we have problems (lots of druggies and what have you)apartments in my building have been broken into and I've actually had a guy put a gun in my face when I pulled into my parking lot after work once (I drove off) it turned out the cops where after him and he was trying to get away (although he later got caught)... all that combined with my military background is why I'm so paronoid I quess.... but in my opinion... no one should be without protection..

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:20 PM on j-body.org
i actually like to rely on a giant strudel, possibly a cream cheese filled one

Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:29 PM on j-body.org
The human body is covered with good weapons.

But I still have my Hi-Point 9mm carbine.

There's too much blood in my caffeine stream.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:17 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:Anyone know of any good stun guns/batons? I'm thinking of buying one.

Stun guns are illegal in Canada. If you're caught carrying them, you're facing a fine and comm service minimum.

Tazers are Restricted, and if you want a collapsable baton, look for an ASP.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:51 AM on j-body.org
I've found that if I curl into a fetal position and keep yelling "Regis please come save me" it usually works.

Friday, March 28, 2008 7:08 PM on j-body.org
.40 at the smallest. .45..

1911 officers. if a 230 grain slug cant stop them, i need to reload.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search