Spanking as Kids vs. Sex as adults - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spanking as Kids vs. Sex as adults
Friday, March 07, 2008 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Study found here:

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/health/2008/03/01/Spanking.Study/

Gist of what I got from it. If you're spanked as a kid you're more likley to engage in unprotected sex, coerce partners into having sex, and be into masochism.

So, the unprotected sex is possibly a bad thing, unless you make sure your partner is checked out and someone is on birth control.

The coercion part basically says that Men were 10% and women were 12% more likely to coerce a partner verbally into having sex, and end the relationship if they aren't given sex. What's wrong with that? Sex is an integral part of a relationship. If you're not getting any, find someone who will. Besides, i have to question the variable on this. Of those 10% and 12%, was the partner not getting fulfilled? Did the partners have low enough self-esteem to not want to have it very often? Do the partners think that the relationship shouldn't be about sex? And lastly, what defines coercion with respect to this study? It could be as minor as "want to have sex? please? or it could be as major as, "come on...you know you want it...you know you want me to give it to you..."

The last part is what really irks me. They say, basically, More likley to be masochistic.

WHAT IN SMEGGIN' HELL IS WRONG WITH MASOCHISM!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Who here doesn't like to slap their woman's or man's ass? What woman here doesn't like their neck bitten? Believe me, a little candlewax is a good thing . So why to they pose it like Masochism is bad? Besdies, any woman looks better in a leather harness carrying a cat-o-9-tails. Any guy that does think so, IMNSHO, should take a vow of celibacy and report to the nearst monastary.

Seriously, though, sounds like some researchers put personal bias in this one. They should have just kept it at likely to have uinprotected sex and *maybe* the coersion. The masochism argument ruined their whole argument.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Re: Spanking as Kids vs. Sex as adults
Friday, March 07, 2008 9:56 AM on j-body.org
the thing that got me on this one is they are touting it all over the place that ive seen it as SPANKING is the reson but then when you read the story it asks kids who were spanked, hit by thrown objects and beaton. spanking a kid and beating a kid are two way diffrent things. its like saying because a kid wore a trenchcoat when he went off the deepend and killed a bunch of people that the trenchcoat must have been the cause. it seems this is more about abused children rather then children who were spanked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 07, 2008 10:08 AM on j-body.org
take a look at the study a little closer... study was done in mid 1990's... lets say 1995 for the hell of it.

the people polled were college students, average age would have probably been 22 (not unreasonable)

sooo...

1995 (approx. year study took place) - 22 (avrg year of age of student) = 1973

who the hell didnt spank their child in 1973?! lol

and also...

"The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved," Straus said.

thats a bull @!#$ line. spanking a child has nothing to do with how well behaved your child is. it comes down to parenting and discipline. the fact that there is nothing shown in the study to prove this makes me wonder why the @!#$ they even put that in there.

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 16.3 in 1320 and falling...
Friday, March 07, 2008 10:15 AM on j-body.org
i had thought there were allready allot of studies done that have shown abused kids were more sexually permiscous. so if you add abused kids in the mix with those that are spanked, its going to skew the numbers a bit higher, i mean they were only 10% higher +-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 07, 2008 10:30 AM on j-body.org
Still, the thing that pissed me off is saying Masochism is a bad thing.

BSDM amongs 2 consenting adults is about as bad as, say, IDB, or doggystyle. It's the nonconsentual that is what you have to watch out for.

And again, my challenge here is for 1 woman to come forward as day that they don't like their neck bitten by their s/o if they're in the mood. It won't happen.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Friday, March 07, 2008 11:08 AM on j-body.org
bah...studies show that studies dont mean @!#$ because they are either taken out of context or the researchers are using them as statistical biases to "prove" a point.

Friday, March 07, 2008 1:01 PM on j-body.org
studies are a tool used by advocacy groups to further their pointless causes that ultimately have no merit

Friday, March 07, 2008 2:22 PM on j-body.org
Masochism versus pathological masochism (meaning someone wishing to do undue harm to themselves) is usually as misunderstood as Sadism versus pathological sadism.

Masochism can be something as simple as enjoying being spanked or as complex as an amputation fetish. It's not stated what degree of masochism spanking seems to encourage a predisposition to.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, March 07, 2008 2:38 PM on j-body.org
^^^exactly. but it goes to reinforce my point. Anyone doing a serious study would clarify that point.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Friday, March 07, 2008 6:46 PM on j-body.org
im thinking that it was slanted to make it seem that just spanking your child will turn them into a sexual devient.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 12:35 AM on j-body.org
no, not disciplining them at all makes things better
no spanking, no yelling, no firmness in voice, no touching, nothing
i guess people do not realize the difference between abuse and stern discipline anymore

Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:13 PM on j-body.org
It was slanted to make your average soccer mommy think twice about spanking little Tristan/ Connor/ Gavin/ etc. Lest he turn into an abusive Gimp living in the basement of a pawnshop.

Yeaaaay for timeouts and stern talking-to's

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, March 10, 2008 5:01 PM on j-body.org
My own way of saying what a few people already have:

Everyone has a MOTIVE for those studies, and then there is selecting WHO is gonna conduct the study.

Hmmm....

There's too much blood in my caffeine stream.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search