Bush to veto bill banning waterboarding - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bush to veto bill banning waterboarding
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:12 AM on j-body.org
Another wise old man said that humans could not make a mite, but they can make gods by the dozens.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:25 PM on j-body.org
And what goes up must come down. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and don't tug on Superman's cape.

.So all of you that oppose waterboarding, please give me an example of a not-mean or not-painful interrogation method. Should we shine the light on them and play good cop/ bad cop? How' bout sending them to bed without dinner?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:41 AM on j-body.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_34-52_Intelligence_Interrogation Ask, and ye shall recieve from Google.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:31 AM on j-body.org
Concert with Alanis Moirsette and Gilbert Gottfried?

Striptease with John Goodman and Roseanne?

Or maybe...and I know this is a revolutionary idea...but maybe the populace itself can accept that:

a) you cannot win in a war against terror
b) no government protecttion is worth reducing your liberties over
c) the rules of war have changed and civiliians are targets...again.

Coming to terms with all of those, and acting accordingly; you'll find that everything post 9-11 is unneccesary.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:41 PM on j-body.org
Lets just bomb the middle east and create a new world order, then we can watch Lucifer rise from the ashes and we'll all go to hell....@!#$ it all. I'm sorry but I really don't give a @!#$ how they get their information, and honestly if I could I'd help them waterboard someone that I thought was a terrorist (actually I think that's a little nice). Just as long as they get it right, I'm happy.

And to respond to the other side of the argument that will be thrown against me, if they don't get the right information, and it causes innocent lives to be taken then throw them in jail too. But if no one is hurt, then let it be and reprimand him, but don't prosecute him damnit; we'll never have any good interrogators if we chuck 'em all out at the first mistake.

Whatever, I'm rambling. I'm sick of hearing all the crap about "Bush sucks" or "Bush rules" or "nuke the bastards" or "lets pull out". You know what, when you're president then you can say something, 'til then quit whining about it. If you want to change it, write a damn bill and do something. I hate politics.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:22 AM on j-body.org
Lnhiv wrote:when you're president then you can say something, 'til then quit whining about it. If you want to change it, write a damn bill and do something. I hate politics.

Apparently you hated 4th grade too, ya know, when that little "by the people, for the people" tidbit was taught?

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:17 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, actually, I did
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:30 PM on j-body.org
Lnhiv wrote:Lets just bomb the middle east and create a new world order, then we can watch Lucifer rise from the ashes and we'll all go to hell....@!#$ it all. I'm sorry but I really don't give a @!#$ how they get their information, and honestly if I could I'd help them waterboard someone that I thought was a terrorist (actually I think that's a little nice). Just as long as they get it right, I'm happy.'

Dude, You need to learn about Machiavelli's folly: The ends DO NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS when you compromise your integrity and principles.

Quote:

And to respond to the other side of the argument that will be thrown against me, if they don't get the right information, and it causes innocent lives to be taken then throw them in jail too.
Why not skip the likelihood that you're getting bad info in the first place?
Quote:

But if no one is hurt, then let it be and reprimand him, but don't prosecute him damnit; we'll never have any good interrogators if we chuck 'em all out at the first mistake.
A good interrogator doesn't need much more than a sharp mind for detail, and force of personality to conduct a fruitful interview. If anyone knows anything about conducting police investigations and interrogations, the methods are pretty similar.

Quote:

Whatever, I'm rambling. I'm sick of hearing all the crap about "Bush sucks" or "Bush rules" or "nuke the bastards" or "lets pull out". You know what, when you're president then you can say something, 'til then quit whining about it. If you want to change it, write a damn bill and do something. I hate politics.
That's precisely the reason you're in this kind of mess in the first place. Hate politics or not, you have to become active in it in order for your views to have weight.. otherwise, it's just idle chatter.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:16 PM on j-body.org
I completely agree with you. but this sub-forum is simply here to spew thoughts anyways, and I felt like doing so (at least here I can get an intelligent answer/counter-argument, and not get flamed cause I don't agree with what somebody says). Now...

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:A good interrogator doesn't need much more than a sharp mind for detail, and force of personality to conduct a fruitful interview. If anyone knows anything about conducting police investigations and interrogations, the methods are pretty similar.

My only caveat is this; to those trained in counter-intelligence or anti-interrogation methods, a sharp mind usually doesn't cut it (though it is a prerequisite)...you have to break their mind in order to get the information you seek. That's where these kind of methods are employed.
Friday, April 04, 2008 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Well, force of personality is where that comes in.

There's a thing called cognitive/recall interviewing, and that's basically the easiest way to get information from a suspect, but it takes a while to develop your technique to which you can start getting information rapidly.

Most people trained in the method of CR interviews can't defend against it because everyone has a different approach, some build a rapport, some confront immediately with a fallacious bit of information and when you have your lie down, you can use it to lure someone else into lying and you know it and catch them in it.

For getting information out of terrorists, most of them already know they're going to be headed to either a country that allows torture (via extraordinary rendition) or they're going to Guantanimo Bay (Camp X-Ray) where they already know that high-value detainees are basically blacked-out (or lost in the system).

Friday, April 04, 2008 1:55 PM on j-body.org
I was aware of that technique, just didn't know the name...good to know. Well your argument has outstood mine. But I still think it'd be more fun to shove their head under water for a min or two or shock em with a battery

Friday, April 04, 2008 3:53 PM on j-body.org
You call it torture, I call it college hazing.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:59 AM on j-body.org
How'd you know?!?!
Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:50 PM on j-body.org
were already to nice to these guys.

I'll bet the people arguing this have never been over there, met the people, or have ever even interrogated someone themselves.

if you have ever met these people you would see right away that they simply do not share the same values as us.

its nice that we can say we have better value than them because.........

but its also nice to receive valuable human intelligence that can be used to keep soldiers AND us citizens alive

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search