What does the REBEL FLAG stand for today? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What does the REBEL FLAG stand for today?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:50 AM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:I see it around here in Canada too, to me it represents a bad time in North America's history and racism. America suffered very much during the civil war and we shouldn't be reminded of it.

yes, you're right, how foolish of us to remember our history. we should forget it ever happened.

we shouldnt be reminded of the civil war? are you @!#$ serious? open a book dude.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:40 AM on j-body.org
Jacob B one day I'm gonna see a guy with his pick up truck and a big confederate flag in the back and make sure to tell some big african-american guys if they around what its about and then get em scare the guy away lol.[/quote wrote:
so youre gonna tell the black guys that the flag represents southern culture and way of life, which also includes many black people, right?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:49 AM on j-body.org
steven c. wrote:Big trucks and bonfires in the woods

x2

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:03 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

I see it and think redneck. Simple. Same as when I see 22 inch rims on a 86 Buick Regal....Ghetto.

exactly.

it's stereotypical but all sterotypes come from some sort of truth or trend. I saw a jacked up older pick up with a loud exhaust and a rebel flag in the bed blowing in the breeze as he came whaling through the intersection. first thought. "redneck, imbred, yeck."

even if he is a nice guy, he gets douche bag points automatically in my book just for being such a hick.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:32 PM on j-body.org
what i mean is that the flag represents slavery, to me that flag represents racism against blacks who lived in the South and were forced to slavery because that what the State had valued.

I don't mean that the civil war should be forgotten as a part of history I have watched films about it and i like history very much so ... I just think it should the flag as a symbol of racism that should be forgotten.
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:57 PM on j-body.org
^^^ If it's forgotten, it's more likely to be repeated.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:what i mean is that the flag represents slavery, to me that flag represents racism against blacks who lived in the South and were forced to slavery because that what the State had valued.

I don't mean that the civil war should be forgotten as a part of history I have watched films about it and i like history very much so ... I just think it should the flag as a symbol of racism that should be forgotten.

Tell me, is ignorance really bliss?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:07 PM on j-body.org
The idea behind welding the doors shut on the general lee (original TV series) was that they wouldn't fly open in a crash and made the car stronger and safer.

The confederate flag stand for what the name implies... the confederacy. It's basically a symbol of the south. A lot of people connect it to southern pride. I've always thought of it as that... as well as a symbol of rebellion (rebel flag). Basically rebelling against the norm, being yourself, doing what you want, and fighting for your rights... and continuing to exercise them regardless of what the "laws" now say (second amendment anyone?)

The rebel flag has nothing to do with slavery..... people that think that and throw a hissie fit when they see it need to be smacked in the mouth and told to shut their whinny asses up.

It's just how the swastika is actually a native American symbol (can't remember what it actually means) and since Hitler used it (a mirror image of it anyway) people only associate it with the killing of Jews and a world war.... but that's not what it stands for.

The pentagram symbolises the soul working in harmony with the other 4 worldly elements...... basically being one with nature and the world.... and since that's the basis of most Wicca, people associate it with Witch craft.... and since people are stupid and associate witch craft the evil and the devil..... the pentagram is considered evil.... but it actually the exact opposite.... have you ever looked at the congressional medal of honer (the military one)...... it's a damn upside down pentagram......

People are stupid and just assume one thing without educating themselves.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:12 AM on j-body.org
^^^It's unforunate that it's so hard to erase one extreme event of douchbaggery brought on by a select minority than it is to register the truth in people as to the real circumstances.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:20 AM on j-body.org
^^^ pretty much

My step mom has a T-shirt that says "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" and I've never seen a more true statement.

I need to find myself one of them shirts.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:10 PM on j-body.org
Around my area it means your'e a hick with an identity crisis, down south, it means you're a hick. The people who put dixie on their license plates, and or everywhere else on their vechicle for that matter are very proud of something, what that is is the question.
I gotta question wal-mart, junk 4wd trucks, and convincing yourself youre cousin is the mother of your children.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 3:58 PM on j-body.org
03ecols 5 spd wrote:I gotta question wal-mart, junk 4wd trucks, and convincing yourself youre cousin is the mother of your children.

John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Tell me, is ignorance really bliss?

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:45 AM on j-body.org
Personally, i think ANYONE, regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality, and whatever that shows pride in their race, sex, religion, nationality, or whatever needs a rectal craniectomy.

I think we need to be a little less poud and have a little more shame at the acts in which your chosen group of the days has done in the past.

And yes, ALL groups aforementioned have much to feel ashamed about.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, May 12, 2008 1:02 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:

It's just how the swastika is actually a native American symbol (can't remember what it actually means) and since Hitler used it (a mirror image of it anyway) people only associate it with the killing of Jews and a world war.... but that's not what it stands for.

Close, but no cigar. The Swastika mirrored is actually an ancient buddhist symbol for connection with the four corners (AKA the elements/compass points) through the spirit, and symbolizes the oneness with the universe that they strive for.

However, I completely agree with the rest of what you were saying

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:44 AM on j-body.org
^^^^^ that very well could be where it originated.... but the native Americans did use it..... although I have no clue what it meant to them.

thanx for the info... I was wondering.

Personally.... whenever I see a swastika.... I think of a pinwheel.... and that's about it.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:50 AM on j-body.org
Probably meant somewhere about the same thing.

As a completely OT Fact: Symbology has a tendency to pop up in random parts of the world at the same time with no connection or travel between the two, and mean the same thing. Look at hte snake in the bible and in Native American Society, for example.

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:09 PM on j-body.org
its heritage for me. I dont fly it, but i have one in a closet or in a box somewhere. My great,great, great grandfather (Charles Christopher) fought in the war. The story my great grandfather told me about his time in the war was simple. He was a simple farmer from North Carolina, and he didn't agree with slavery, but when war time came he wanted to keep my family safe. thats why he fought. My family didn't own slaves or anything like that.
but i personally i do agree that certain rednecks(for lack of a better word) use it to display their personal racism. But not me, or my family. I do actually have heritage. I am not a racist.
And i don't believe in flying it.
Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:30 PM on j-body.org
To me it is a sign of stubbornness.

Name for me any other country in the world that existed on its own for only 10 - 20 years, then got its ass handed to it in a war and still continues to fly that short lived flag 150 years later?

I see a confederate flag and I automatically assume the person flying it is a dumb rebel ass hole. 99% of the time I'm totally right in my assumption.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:31 PM

Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:28 PM on j-body.org
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:
03ecols 5 spd wrote:I gotta question wal-mart, junk 4wd trucks, and convincing yourself youre cousin is the mother of your children.

John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Tell me, is ignorance really bliss?

Yup- I sur-pose!
Friday, May 23, 2008 10:01 AM on j-body.org
I've always been a fan of the rebel flag and I drive one of these...

Does that make me a hick

I can guarantee you that I'm not.....

Although regardless of what it means.... it's one of the coolest looking flags out there.... which might be why you still see it soo much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search