Is anyone else concerned about the direction our country/world is heading? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Is anyone else concerned about the direction our country/world is heading?
Friday, February 22, 2008 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Is it just me, or does it seem like every 4 years the country becomes a massive highschool pep ralyy with every different grate trying to outcheer each other?

Personally, i made fun of the dickwads that went to pep rallies, just like i make fun of these political nutswingers. Quit kissing up to the popular kids and start beating them up and stealing their milk money!

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Friday, February 22, 2008 2:22 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Is it just me, or does it seem like every 4 years the country becomes a massive highschool pep ralyy with every different grate trying to outcheer each other?

Personally, i made fun of the dickwads that went to pep rallies, just like i make fun of these political nutswingers. Quit kissing up to the popular kids and start beating them up and stealing their milk money!

Nope, not just you. Unfortunately it's the way it is. People truly believe that Obama/Hilary/McCain/Huckabee can enact CHANGE to the country and move it FORWARD towards the FUTURE... feel free to add any meaningless hot button key words that you feel appropriate btw. But the fact is, these are professional politicians, the lot of them. The Democrats aren't going to pull out of the wars or balance the budget, just like the Republicans aren't going to ban abortions and stop the Mexicans from illegally coming in the country. They will however, blame the other side for the next 8 years as they clutch for power until the people get sick of them and boot them out by voting for the opposite party.

I'm pretty sure, judging by the lame duck Republican candidates, that the Democrats are meant to win this election. It's my hot potato theory. One party can run the country until they screw up, then it's the other sides turn, and they toss the blame back and forth making sure none of it really sticks.

Sometimes I wonder about Democracy in the United-States. I also especially wonder if the people really honestly want it. Some, I'm sure, prefer the pep rallies. They'd much rather shout slogans for someone that tells them what they want to hear, and boo the opposing "team" than participate in anything like voting for someone worth a damn.
Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Joey Baggs (JCE Designs) wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:this post further cements the fact that people are intolerant of a non-white or non-male president
its a @!#$ shame really, because at this stage you would think people would get over themselves and their differences to other people and just choose the best damn candidate

with that statement you're basically saying anyone who wouldnt vote for Obama or Clinton are intolerant/ignorant. I personally have no quams with one of them getting into office if they are so voted by the people. but that doesnt mean I would vote for either of them. IMO neither one is the best candidate....and neither is what we have as an option on the other side. but just cus i wouldnt vote for them because of my beliefs, that makes me intolerant or ignorant?

that was not my intention
it was more of the fact he was complaining about who was running for president
the fact that they are black or a woman shouldn't matter when deciding, that is what i was getting at
but i think a lot of people will vote for McCain simply for the fact that he is a white male, and that is a shame
that is what i was getting at
if you have your reasons for voting for McCain, good, but if your only reason is that he is not black nor a woman, then yes, you would be intolerant or ignorant
that is all i was getting at

Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:52 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:OMG man. He was misunderstanding protocol.

yeah.........dont you see a problem with that? misunderstanding protocol? on something as simple as the national anthem or pledge? can you even imagine what else he can or would "misunderstand" once it comes to actually RUNNING a country? inexperience, again, kills him.

Tracer Bullet wrote:this post further cements the fact that people are intolerant of a non-white or non-male president
its a @!#$ shame really, because at this stage you would think people would get over themselves and their differences to other people and just choose the best damn candidate

im not intolerant of a black president....just THIS black candidate. look above for his problem: inexperience.

as for a female president....? i have yet to see any females that i would feel comfortable with in such a leadership position. i have had a handful of female managers and they were all horrible! at least with bad male managers you knew where you stood, and they were usually there only until their incompetence was found out. but it seems like the females were nice and happy one day and pissed at you the next, with no explanation of why. and they were there twice as long, even they were just as bad or worse than the male managers. (PC double standards FTL).

now i realize that just because i have had some bad experiences with females in leadership positions doesnt mean that they are all bad. but, again, in this particular example, i still dont see how hillary is good enough to be president. 8 years in the senate doesnt do much for inspiring confidence. her attitude does even less. the fact that she used to be all about socilaized health care and now accepts millions of dollars from the same companies that she was trying to do away with...? definitely no confidence in a person like that.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:46 PM on j-body.org
At some of the lower levels of government, you will occasionally find those who enter public office to make changes for the better. However, the longer they sit in the leather chair, eating lunch on the taxpayers dollar, the more it seems they are their for the long-haul "Me" train. This is a both sides of the aisle problem. The pure motives trail goes no further, (In my opinion), than the office of state congressman, and then, only if term-limits are in place. These people like going to the big dinners, the wine n' dine parties, all with the underlying motive to advance one's career.

Of course, I am preaching to the choir here, but it is my rant nonetheless.

There was a show on PBS, called The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard. The lady was a grocery store manager in England, and one day decided to run for parliament. She was tired of all the grabbing and squabbling amongst the current parties. They were a massive self-serving entity that sucked off the public teat, and did nothing to help the public.

While a flaming liberal, her motives were pure, and she sought office to make a difference. She wanted no special favors from the lobbyists etc. I quit watching it about 6 weeks into the show, because I started going to a church pretty far away, and it was usually over when I got home. All in all, it was a good program, and although fictional, showed what COULD happen.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Tabs, you do realize that the Republicans are taking the same money (just larger amounts) from basically all the same people as the Democrats, right?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:25 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

yeah.........dont you see a problem with that? misunderstanding protocol?

That only thing I really have a problem with is the enormous reach you're taking to find something wrong with him.

I mean, if you're biggest problem with him is his unknowing of strangely complex pledge conducts, then I think that says more FOR him than against him.

I bet I see you American flags out in the rain 10 times a month and don't even flinch. So come'on. Please. Spare us.

---

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:21 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Tabs, you do realize that the Republicans are taking the same money (just larger amounts) from basically all the same people as the Democrats, right?

the comment about hillary supporting socialized health care and then taking money from the companies she was trying to get rid of wasnt to say she was evil for taking their money (although i think it should be illegal to take money from any special interest or lobbyist). i used that as an example to highlight her wishy-washy, flip flopping aspect.

AGuSTiN wrote:
(tabs) wrote:

yeah.........dont you see a problem with that? misunderstanding protocol?

That only thing I really have a problem with is the enormous reach you're taking to find something wrong with him.

i didnt bring up his flag problems. you said it was him just misunderstanding protocol and i pointed out that if he can foul up something so simple then what else will he misunderstand if he were elected. and yes, putting your hand over your heart IS simple and not complex by a long shot--so dont try to bring flag laws into play because they are two separate things completely. i dont think its that long of a leap from messing up on the small things to messing up on infinitely more complex things. my comment was meant to show that his inexperience, by far his biggest problem, again comes back to bite him in the ass.

i would much rather see him in office than clinton, but i still dont think hes right for the job. and no, i dont think mccain is either. it comes down to who is the lesser of the evils, and i'll probably lean more towards the experienced devil rather an inexperienced one who doesnt even know how to play the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 25, 2008 1:24 AM

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:41 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
i didnt bring up his flag problems. you said it was him just misunderstanding protocol and i pointed out that if he can foul up something so simple then what else will he misunderstand if he were elected.

Ok well then let's get into it!

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode36/usc_sec_36_00000301----000-.html:

(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;

So simple huh? Looks like not only Obama is misunderstanding it, everyone on that stage misunderstands it! And how hard would be to find ALL candidates violating protocol at some point?

Here's the video of said event. If you look, about half way through it's readily apparent he is also SINGING the National Anthem. I think that makes him extra special super patriot-ish, don't you? Do you sing it? Me neither!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/snopesbinary/Politics/?action=view¤t=abc_obama_anthem_071022a.flv

The fact is everyone is going to have their little mistakes. If you want perfection, you're always going to be extremely disappointed.

---

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:54 PM on j-body.org
Monday, February 25, 2008 3:57 PM on j-body.org
Only in America would people be so dumb as to judge someone soley on the clothes they wear.

Not a pro-Obama comment, but only here would this crap happen.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:25 AM on j-body.org
^^^i would have to disagree. in alot of cultures, what you wear relates to your religion or social status. so for instance, in India, theres segregated sections of different religions, and they DO NOT get along. I can only say this from experience in being there, otherwise I would have never known it, but there is alot of religious "feuds" for lack of a better term at the moment.

Like in Bangalore, if you walk thru the Muslim section of MG Road in anything other than their traditional dress, not only do they judge you, but they will yell at you to leave(if your a local) or if your a foreigner, they will follow you until you leave their "area".

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:21 AM on j-body.org
I have to agree with Joey. Status is the most important part of who you are in all cultures. From the most remote trible in the rainforest to the uber rich American socialites, there's a pecking order based on appearance, background and belief.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:07 AM on j-body.org
...and neither of you see a problem with that?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:35 PM on j-body.org
^^^no one said they didnt have a problem with it, but to say "only in america" is a pretty general and false comment.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:59 PM on j-body.org
In other countries you're not only judged by your clothes but you could also be humiliated and made fun of, and sometimes killed for religious reasons.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:20 PM on j-body.org
think there are bigger problems going on in the world then wich liar is voted into office.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:34 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

A campaign volunteer was sacked last year after circulating an email suggesting, falsely, that Mr Obama was a Muslim.

I knew that I read or heard that somewhere...... hence why I thought he was Muslim........ albeit wrong...

I didn't intend on this turning into a Obama VS Hillary war...... that was just one of the tings on my mind at the time.....

but........ about the hand over the heart thing....... most of us learned that in kindergarten for Christs sakes...... even if he was home schooled and didn't know... that should have been something his advisers should have made sure he knew..... I can't understand how anyone that grew up in this country could not know about that..... as for me.... I wouldn't have held my hand over my heart....... I would have stood at parade rest while facing the flag...... but that's only because I'm a veteran.... and my military training would have kicked in (you never stand at attention in civilian clothes unless your called into your commanders office for some odd reason while your off duty)

I just couldn't help but to sit back and take a real look at everything that's going on in the world right now.... and was wondering if anyone else has done the same lately... Everything going on makes me concerned how our world will be in the next 30 years...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:23 AM on j-body.org
well to coment on your issue with the Real ID thing, i dont think it will happen in this life time, it think its being tested now but it wouldnt work. The cost to have something running like that would be crazy and not to mention all the man hours that would be needed, and with immigration being a problem would make it all more useless. It would be great if they could use something like this for criminals to monitor them at all times but this idea would be a huge invasion of privacy, waste of money, tax dollars and just wouldnt work.

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:24 AM on j-body.org
it would be no diffrent the the liscence your carrying now. except now when your out driving around in another state and officer pulling you up would have the same info as the police officer would in your own state. the manpower is there for it allready they are called the dmv. just now everyone would have the same type idea instead of having a diffrent liscence in every state.

30 years from now youlle be sitting there at dinner bitching about how you remember the days when gas was only $3 a gallon and your car only cost you 15,000 and how complicated the new xvi recording machine is to hard to figure out and telling your grandkids how lucky they have it because when you were a kid and things were har and you had to drive to work instead of teleporting

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:09 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
So simple huh? Looks like not only Obama is misunderstanding it, everyone on that stage misunderstands it! And how hard would be to find ALL candidates violating protocol at some point?

ive given it a day or two, but your first link still doesnt work. but regardless, the part you seem to be missing is this: obama needs to earn his stripes and he hasnt. if the other people on stage were also messing up then that would suck and shame on them, but at least they could say "hey, ive done X, Y, and Z with my career....surely you can overlook such a small error in protocol" whereas obama would have to say "hey, uh, sorry, i didnt know any better"

there is a huge difference in those two statements and, again, it is used to highlight obama's lack of experience. im not doggin the guy because hes black or dogging him just to dog him. he is inexperienced and has no record to speak of. hes never done ANYTHING on the national level.....yet you think he is ready for the presidency? how do the two equate?
Quote:

The fact is everyone is going to have their little mistakes.

no argument there. but when youre in obama's position, every little mistake becomes a big mistake due to, for the millionth time, his lack of experience.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:22 AM on j-body.org
I should have rephrased:

Only in America, where we're supposed to be free and tolerant, would Obama take all holy hell for that picture. At least a lot of the places that the same would happen don't have any pretenses about freedoms and religious tolerances.

Anyhow, I'm not concerned, because in 30 years, humanity will be 30-years closer to species extinction, thing will be 30-years more screwed up, and human nature will be the same.

But the world will be fine.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:38 AM on j-body.org
you people are $%^$ed first of all if you even think any one of those people actually plans to do good for your country your obviously wrong since there all crooked as fuk like the rest of ur government. whether they are black/white/woman w/e if you actually think this makes a difference then you are very very mistaken its all about the $$$$ why you think that war is even taking place... because america cant handle not being in control of the worlds oil flow... like dude said.... same thing that happened to rome.. the republic falls!!!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:24 AM on j-body.org
Jesse Jones wrote:you people are $%^$ed first of all if you even think any one of those people actually plans to do good for your country your obviously wrong since there all crooked as fuk like the rest of ur government. whether they are black/white/woman w/e if you actually think this makes a difference then you are very very mistaken its all about the $$$$ why you think that war is even taking place... because america cant handle not being in control of the worlds oil flow... like dude said.... same thing that happened to rome.. the republic falls!!!

you're obviously right, no one who gets elected into office will do any good....only bad. ever heard of the phrase "lesser of 2 evils"?

and since when has the US ever controlled the flow of oil? having leverage to persuade is very different than having control.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search