Gas prices articles... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gas prices articles...
Monday, March 24, 2008 5:36 AM on j-body.org
I'm so sick of seeing articles and news stories about gas prices it is really annoying as all hell.

Everyday the local paper, has some article about how gas is this and that and this guy has to whine more and more to fill up his V8 F150 truck, and this guys Silverado cost $95 to fill up and omg so much god damn bitching about it.

If gas is that expenisve to where you cant afford an extra $15.00-$20 a week on gas, than dont drive. I drive 90 miles to work and you dont here me bitching about gas prices being $3.20, yet people that drive 5 miles bitch about it being so expensive.

So basically

pay the gas price or dont drive your damn car

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Re: Gas prices articles...
Monday, March 24, 2008 7:37 AM on j-body.org
Right now we're paying 4.15$ a gallon in Canada for regular, and to be honest it doesn't really affect my driving at all. We paid 3.20$ a gallon for god... between 1995 and 2003 for sure. In fact, the whole time I've been driving (since 1990) I don't think I've seen prices here lower than 2.10$ and people haven't "stopped driving" yet. There will be changes though, I think that you guys are gonna do like us and slowly start gravitating towards more fuel efficient/cheaper cars. You save money on the initial purchase AND on fuel, so it's a win-win thing. The best selling car in Quebec for years was the Cavalier/Sunfire. They sold 30,000 Sunfires in the United-States in 2004 and 30,000 in Canada. Sold so well that they kept selling it in 2005. The logic behind this is that if you can't drive a nice car because of fuel prices, the least you can do is drive one that didn't cost you every last penny you made.
Monday, March 24, 2008 7:54 AM on j-body.org
Well.. most people treat their car like it's a skateboard... hop in whenev...

Most of the time you can save a good bit of money by reducing the unnecessary trips and just make one big one, and using the slower lanes, and even *shudder* driving under the limit, or even *double shudder* car pooling or using a bike/public transportation/etc.

You can mitigate the increasing cost of gas by driving smarter. The price of oil isn't likely to go down any time soon, so you're best to just STFU instead of belly-aching about the price of gas, and do something about it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, March 24, 2008 11:15 AM on j-body.org
Hello!
I just wanted to say that people have the right to drive an SUV V8
is part of the American dream and also very expensive. is not a luxury, Is People's Right!

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:30 PM on j-body.org
im tired of people telling people to stop bitching about gas prices. quite simply: they should not be this high. we should all be bitching....loudly and more often. and we should start electing officials who will do something about all of this instead of inept politicians who whore themselves out to the greedy oil companies.

so bitch loudly
and bitch proudly

Monday, March 24, 2008 3:02 PM on j-body.org
What we can or need to do to lower gas prices is to lower the demand on fuel.

To lower the demand on fuel, we need to decrees our driving and buy a more fuel efficient car.

I believe the Government wants me to depend on my vehicle as much as possible.
Specially in my Area where city buses only run in the downtown Area and kingston pike road because if you live out side of town and off kingston pk road, you HAVE TO have a car to get to work; if not, you're screwed.
And-- if you can't get approved for a car loan, there are sub-prime buy here pay here car lots that won't even look at your credit history and get you approved on a car loan today with just 500.00 down plus Taxes and tittle fees
Buy here Pay here car lots are almost in every corner because of the lack of city buses and people with bad credit.
Our city bus system sucks! The city buses drive around downtown, make a few turns here and there... then go up kingston pike road for about 15 to 20 miles then turn back to downtown using the same road.
so what if you live 5 miles off kingston pk road?!
Well,
Then I guess you're goinna have to fcking walk!!

Anyway, bitching about gas prices is not going to work because we can bitch about gas prices all day long but as long as we keep paying 4 dollars for a gallon of fuel, the prices are not going to drop down because the fuel demand remains the same or HIGHER
specially during summer time when people go RVing across the country

If people seem to drive more during the summer, then what does that tell to the oil companies?
It tells them to increase the demand and also their prices or... just increase the price of fuel.

I'm BORED!!!

Edited 10 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 24, 2008 3:17 PM

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:38 PM on j-body.org
I get 50mpg and supposed my vehicle can go 0-60 in 3.2 and the quarter in 10.

It's called a motorcycle. My wife and I both have one.

Solved my fuel problems and I look pretty damn cool on it.

---

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:02 PM on j-body.org
got pics? you can' say you look damn cool unless you got pics to prove it
(just joking)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:09 PM

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:02 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:I get 50mpg and supposed my vehicle can go 0-60 in 3.2 and the quarter in 10.

It's called a motorcycle. My wife and I both have one.

Solved my fuel problems and I look pretty damn cool on it.

Let's see you drive that where I live right now.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search