How is anyone in Iraq defending US Freedom? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How is anyone in Iraq defending US Freedom?
Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:11 AM on j-body.org
They also have no taxes on fuel, huge refining capabilities (which were left intact after the bombing) and no where near the amount of roads in North America. *shrug*

Venezuela has 20 cent fuel.. bet someone's kicking themselves for being a dick-head to them, eh? (Not talking about Pat Robertson either).

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:40 PM on j-body.org
if we bombed there oil @!#$, what were they going to export for money,

sand?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:46 AM on j-body.org
They'll do the same thing that Jamaica did when the tin/aluminum business dried up: Sell tourism.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:19 AM on j-body.org

So, sell vacations in sand?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Yep. Sun, Sand, non-potable water and terrorism... (hey, it worked for Israel).

As opposed to Sun, Sand, Salt-water and AIDS everywhere... that's about the sum-total of what Jamaica has to offer.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:19 PM on j-body.org
Granted.

But at least in Israel the females don't look..... THAT bad...

Id rather go to Alaska, or the Yukon again.

Chris

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:59 PM on j-body.org
I know a few Iraqi ex-pats, their daughters don't look all bad either

Some Alaskan or Jamaican womens... eh...

It's like like really, a few winners, a whole lotta losers.... basically everywhere.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:07 PM on j-body.org
Fluke97 wrote:...the only reason we're in Iraq is so W can finish the job his daddy couldn't

^exactly what I've been sayin'.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:59 AM on j-body.org
twiztidhybrid wrote:
Fluke97 wrote:...the only reason we're in Iraq is so W can finish the job his daddy couldn't

Man...

*shakes head*

#1: 1991 Gulf war was to get Iraqis out of Kuwait. That's it, that's all. Anything outside that would be the UN impressing one group's ideals on a single country, and that's what the UN was founded to guard against.
#2: GHW Bush and Congress actually encouraged Shi'ite Muslims to rise up against Hussein, but didn't do a damned thing to support the uprising. As a result, about 20,000 died (if I remember correctly.
#3: There's a few reasons you're in Iraq, and none of them has anything to do with getting a job done. Point of fact is that job won't be done for a long, long, long time and it'll cost into the tens of trillions of dollars, and more poignantly at least thousands of lives (military, civillian, police and politician) if it is to get done at all.
#4: Now, instead of having to deal with one effective (if utterly brutal) government, you now have to deal with one ineffective government, and 4-6 regional governments.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:45 PM on j-body.org
As far as going in guns-a-blazing and killing everything in the path, in hopes of it making a point to them... I disagree, personally because they dont care about their people, so I dont really think it would impact them. One example, the article/list that was posted, a man killed his 2 daughters because of their growing western lifestyle, just as one example. If they have no regard for their people, do you think it will effect them if we dont either? I dont think so.

I really respect everyone that goes into the military. Even if they didnt get sent over seas, they still enrolled, to fight for our country. To those in the middle east currently, and to those that have already been, those that have come home, and those that gave their life, I have incredible respect for them. I do not have the courage to do what they have and will do, as with most of us that are not in the military.

I have mixed feelings.... however its hard to say because we do not know everything..

What I dont really agree with is everyone saying negative things about us being in there right now (i do not mean opinions, but people taking more of an extreme route, such as protests, etc...). UStroopsare over their risking their lives, regardless of the reason why 'we' are there right now, I think, a better use of energy would be providing our troops with moral support. They are doing whatever is needed of them to do. Ive heard the opinions of some, some dont feel they should be there and some do feel that they should be there... but I can honestly say, the majoriy of those that have been there (again, the ones I've heard opinons/thoughts from) is entirely more positive then the general us public. What does that tell you?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:47 PM on j-body.org
Jazer {AzulKav} Turbo Chica wrote:As far as going in guns-a-blazing and killing everything in the path, in hopes of it making a point to them... I disagree, personally because they dont care about their people, so I dont really think it would impact them. One example, the article/list that was posted, a man killed his 2 daughters because of their growing western lifestyle, just as one example. If they have no regard for their people, do you think it will effect them if we dont either? I dont think so.

I really respect everyone that goes into the military. Even if they didnt get sent over seas, they still enrolled, to fight for our country. To those in the middle east currently, and to those that have already been, those that have come home, and those that gave their life, I have incredible respect for them. I do not have the courage to do what they have and will do, as with most of us that are not in the military.

I have mixed feelings.... however its hard to say because we do not know everything..

What I dont really agree with is everyone saying negative things about us being in there right now (i do not mean opinions, but people taking more of an extreme route, such as protests, etc...). UStroopsare over their risking their lives, regardless of the reason why 'we' are there right now, I think, a better use of energy would be providing our troops with moral support. They are doing whatever is needed of them to do. Ive heard the opinions of some, some dont feel they should be there and some do feel that they should be there... but I can honestly say, the majoriy of those that have been there (again, the ones I've heard opinons/thoughts from) is entirely more positive then the general us public. What does that tell you?

tells us exactly what most know, the general US public is an oxygen depleting herd of cattle that couldn't form an opinion if they don't see it on CNN or Fox News.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:10 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
twiztidhybrid wrote:

Man...

*shakes head*

#1: 1991 Gulf war was to get Iraqis out of Kuwait. That's it, that's all. Anything outside that would be the UN impressing one group's ideals on a single country, and that's what the UN was founded to guard against.
#2: GHW Bush and Congress actually encouraged Shi'ite Muslims to rise up against Hussein, but didn't do a damned thing to support the uprising. As a result, about 20,000 died (if I remember correctly.
#3: There's a few reasons you're in Iraq, and none of them has anything to do with getting a job done. Point of fact is that job won't be done for a long, long, long time and it'll cost into the tens of trillions of dollars, and more poignantly at least thousands of lives (military, civillian, police and politician) if it is to get done at all.
#4: Now, instead of having to deal with one effective (if utterly brutal) government, you now have to deal with one ineffective government, and 4-6 regional governments.

I was talking about Saddam. Osama is the actual threat and we went to a different country, 9/11 was just an excuse for Bush. I have alot of respect for the troops though. Anyone who can endure all that $#*% over there is a hero in my book.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:36 PM on j-body.org
What that directed at anyone Jazer? If if is, it's probably best to direct it at someone.

As far as individual troops over there, I don't think anyone has a problem with them specifically with the caveat that they only do their assigned jobs and make it home in one piece. There are some bad soldiers out there, but by and large the good ones are doing what they're ordered to do. I can't see anything wrong with that.

The title of the thread is pointed, but it's not at the troops in Iraq, at least that's my take on it. The point was that the occupation is into its 6th year, and the situation is not improving as quickly as anticipated, and the military presence is being seen as more of a hindrance to actually stabilizing the area... That being said: The troops from Canada, Germany, France and more from the US in Afghanistan could use a LOT of the hands in Iraq, because... you know... there's actual TERRORISTS in that country

Friday, July 25, 2008 4:45 AM on j-body.org
... if we went were the terrorist's are coming from, we would jump to iran....

Chris

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:22 PM on j-body.org
or D.C.

Friday, July 25, 2008 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Nah, now that the minority's can have guns too, ya know, striate white male, things should get safer.

now the bad guys have to worry about people shooting back.

Chris

Friday, July 25, 2008 9:30 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:... if we went were the terrorist's are coming from, we would jump to iran....

Chris
No no no. The Pakistan-Iraq border is the real concern here -
John McCain wrote:We have a lot of work to do and I’m afraid that it’s a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border.

(note for those that failed geography - Iraq and Pakistan do NOT share a border) LOL.

Also I hope that you aren't serious about going into Iran too... The situation in Afghanistan(the place that actually harbored terrorists BEFORE invasion) is already getting out of hand - because we have our hands tied in Iraq. There is no way we can manage Iran on top of that. But if you want everything to be completely FUBAR then go for it.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:56 PM on j-body.org
twiztidhybrid wrote:I was talking about Saddam. Osama is the actual threat and we went to a different country, 9/11 was just an excuse for Bush. I have alot of respect for the troops though. Anyone who can endure all that $#*% over there is a hero in my book.

Agreed about the troops.

Bin Laden wasn't active against the US during GHW Bush's time in office... I don't see how he's related in that respect.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:29 PM on j-body.org
But he was in good o'l billy boys time....

Chris

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:02 AM on j-body.org
Eh... The embassy bombing case was pretty complex, I looked at the executive summary and it was over 3 pages long (the executive summary should be about 1 page at most), and developed in 3 different countries, and the USS Cole was botched by Louis J. Freeh sticking his nose into the case and asserting jurisdiction instead of letting NIS pick up the thread and develop the case (as it should have).

Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:12 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
twiztidhybrid wrote:I was talking about Saddam. Osama is the actual threat and we went to a different country, 9/11 was just an excuse for Bush. I have alot of respect for the troops though. Anyone who can endure all that $#*% over there is a hero in my book.

Agreed about the troops.

Bin Laden wasn't active against the US during GHW Bush's time in office... I don't see how he's related in that respect.

I was sayin that Osama was the actual threat, but Saddam was captured while Osama is still out there. Bush led us to believe we were going to remove those who caused 9/11 from power (Osama), but he instead set out to do what his daddy didn't finish.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:18 PM on j-body.org
Ohhh okie.

Friday, August 08, 2008 6:51 AM on j-body.org
whats the population of iraq? anybody know?

its a small country isnt it? after the last 20 years of death, just how many lives can be left?

Friday, August 08, 2008 8:35 AM on j-body.org
IRAQ
Population: 28,221,181 (July 2008 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/iz.html

Population: 29,267,000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search