Global Warming - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Global Warming
Monday, April 14, 2008 9:15 AM on j-body.org
I just laugh when I get my bills and the average temperature for this year is colder than the average temperature for last year. When we get a month with temperatures constantly being below 10 and wind chills nearing -20, I really ponder about global warming.

Lutz is my hero

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:26 AM on j-body.org
It's a global average, not a year over year just in "Allentown/Indiana/Ocean City".

It was the hottest year ever last year in my town. Doesn't PROVE global warming, either.

---

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:55 AM on j-body.org
I understand this. I would rather not get involved with this issue. I just always have a good laugh when I see the average temperatures. And this is in Indiana, PA.

My take...it is happening. Just do not know how....

And to win the Peace Prize over a power point...even my liberal friends think that is a crock of sh*t.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:05 AM on j-body.org
Some more fuel for the debate:
Click
Quote:

Also refuting the “consensus view”, and almost never mentioned in the popular news media, was a petition signed by over 17,000 scientists, two-thirds with advanced degrees, against the Kyoto Protocol. The petition was sponsored by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine. Here is part of what these scientists signed their names to:

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

This was not an anonymous survey, these scientists put their reputations on the line and put their name beside their opinion. You can read more about this at the Global Warming Petition. One needs to keep in mind the following regarding this petition:
over 2/3rds of the signatories had advanced degrees,

2,660 were physicists, geophysicists, climatologists, meteorologists, oceanographers, and environmental scientists

5,017 were scientists whose fields of specialization in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, and other life sciences

Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:41 AM on j-body.org
That's a vocal minority. Active word: minority.

Plus... the numbers given of people that had degrees germaine to the problem are 7677... what about the other 10,000? Are they english degree holders?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:46 AM

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:15 PM on j-body.org
our contribution to global warming does not need to be catastrophic, just enough to accelerate the problem for it to be serious enough to do something about
and even if we are not causing a rapid warming of the earth, what is the big deal in trying to make the world better by polluting less? a more efficient society would be healthier and happier

Sunday, April 20, 2008 12:16 PM on j-body.org

teh

He gets it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:59 AM on j-body.org
Al Gore didn't invent global warming.... but he does need to be kicked in the teeth.

He's a retard looking for attention.... he has been ever since he lost the election.... someone needs to shut him up.

It's not like global warming wasn't on peoples minds before he brought it up.... how this...... "we're going to run out of gas someday.... give me a prize and a bunch of money".... same damn thing.

As far as global warming even existing... I don't believe it.... Even if the planet is slowly getting warmer.... it will cool on it's own eventually.... are we really that big headed to think that we are causing or let alone can do anything about it? You have to be kidding me.

I'm a firm believer that it's all BS.... I don't care how many "studies" you have for or against it.

Monday, April 21, 2008 8:59 AM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:our contribution to global warming does not need to be catastrophic, just enough to accelerate the problem for it to be serious enough to do something about
and even if we are not causing a rapid warming of the earth, what is the big deal in trying to make the world better by polluting less? a more efficient society would be healthier and happier

No arguments with that, buty with the way the human race is now and has been since we invented this false concept known as "civilization", it's not like it would be a bad thing if our specie faced total extinction--even at our own hands.

I have no problems caring for the environment, but I find it beyond sickening that we actually feel that our wanton waste is harming the planet. It's not. It's harming ourselves. To me the problem runs deeper; I think we identify with harming the environment more easily than harming ourselves. The very concept that we are triggering biological changes that would somehow inconvenience us--and/or the fact that we actually have to care about our fellow human beings enough to lose our vanity is repulsive, so instead we invent some crisis that we're helping the Earth--a concept we all should be able to stand behind, as opposed to "let's make the envirenment better so we can all live better." In that case, we could give 2 @!#$s about everyone else as long as we live the good life.

And anyone wonders why I'm misanthropic?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:03 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:Al Gore didn't invent global warming.... but he does need to be kicked in the teeth.

He's a retard looking for attention.... he has been ever since he lost the election.... someone needs to shut him up.

It's not like global warming wasn't on peoples minds before he brought it up.... how this...... "we're going to run out of gas someday.... give me a prize and a bunch of money".... same damn thing.

As far as global warming even existing... I don't believe it.... Even if the planet is slowly getting warmer.... it will cool on it's own eventually.... are we really that big headed to think that we are causing or let alone can do anything about it? You have to be kidding me.

I'm a firm believer that it's all BS.... I don't care how many "studies" you have for or against it.

Al Gore has always been involved with the environment, before he was vice president, and when he was vice president
the fact he was vice president perhaps gets him much more publicity now than before, and also since he is the face of a hot-topic

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search