Kids are honest ain't they? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kids are honest ain't they?
Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:38 AM on j-body.org
Look at this story and this one

Yeah, it's sad, but kids are honest. As a kid I didn't like the ADHD kid in the class. He was always stealing my crayons and always hitting kids and then crying like a little bitch when you hit him back. Kids are not half as sweet as you think. They understand the value of harmony within the group. If ONE kid breaks it, then that one kid is a pariah. End of story.

Re: Kids are honest ain't they?
Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:03 AM on j-body.org
This child has autism which is a little more involved than ADHD (which to me is more or less synonymous with lack of parental discipline).

Seeing as we don't have much more than a cursory bit of information, I don't think passing judgment either way is appropriate juuust yet. I know that kids can be disruptive, but in the case that they're getting to that point, I think the teacher got to the end of his/her rope in dealing with a child with special needs, and let the class do what they wanted to to keep the group dynamic.

I don't have a problem with integration, but I have a problem with tossing kids into a situation where the adult in charge is not prepared to deal with the number of kids or their needs. I had a class of 45 when I was in grade 3-7, and there was always 2 incredibly disruptive kids, and they'd never get broken up or anything... apparently it was the teacher's problem to deal with.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: Kids are honest ain't they?
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 2:24 PM on j-body.org
if a kid is truly being so disruptive in class to cause the entire class to not be able to learn properly then i think it should be looked into having the kid removed. BUT do stand a kid up in class and let all the other childer tell him why they hate him and then vote him out is entirely the wrong thing to do. the kid should be pulled out, gone to the principals office and the matter taken care of privatly. to do what that teach did was i feel the wrong thing to do. esp if the kid is borderline autistic to me is even worse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search