Can you imagine if this had happened under Clinton? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Can you imagine if this had happened under Clinton?
Friday, June 13, 2008 8:43 AM on j-body.org
Yes, I'm telling you to MAKE ANOTHER THREAD, straying off topic into something that is utterly unrelated means that the first topic (ie the THREAD TOPIC) is no longer the topic of discussion. What that means is that the thread should be locked.

AFAIC: it's not part of the TX polygamists. If you want to bitch about it, make another thread, and have a ball in that one.

Hell, I'll do it for you.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, June 13, 2008 4:31 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Yes, I'm telling you to MAKE ANOTHER THREAD, straying off topic into something that is utterly unrelated means that the first topic (ie the THREAD TOPIC) is no longer the topic of discussion. What that means is that the thread should be locked.

AFAIC: it's not part of the TX polygamists. If you want to bitch about it, make another thread, and have a ball in that one.

Hell, I'll do it for you.

I tied the original topic into the post and I really don't think you get to order me around. Are you a mod? If not, the lay off, you are not the king. If you want a mod to do something then so be it, call them in. Sometimes topics wonder. In this case they are related because in both instances the state over stepped people's rights and did something completely wrong. If you cannot see the connection then I feel for ya. It happened to be the same stae also. I do not feel it is off topic when both instances involve the state of Texas stoping all over civil rights.

Normally GAM, I agree with most things you say but this time you are trying to act like some kind of boss-man and you are not. I feel you're off base here and I have every right to say so.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Friday, June 13, 2008 6:05 PM on j-body.org
I'm not ordering you or anyone around, it's just that I see this happen all the time... and even I'm guilty of it too.

The problem is that the first post was on topic, and the rest really weren't, I'd rather a topic at least get a chance to be discussed before it gets jacked.

Chill, ok?

As far as I'm concerned in either case, people's rights had nothing to do with it because in both instances they had pretty clearly violated the law. Once that happened in either case, the violators had the option of following the law of the land, and chose not to.

In the polygamist's case: no one was killed.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:39 AM on j-body.org
, you mean other then it saying waco in the first sentence?..........

but once more, sounds like a state matter, not a federal matter.

Article 10

"The Powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively or to the People."

hmm.....

Article 1

"Congress shall make no Law respecting the Establishment of Religion, or prohibiting the free Exercise thereof; or abridging the Freedom of Speech, or of the Press or the Right of the People peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a Redress of Grievances."

but i guess then it could be said that the civil war was unconstitutional....

Oh, snap! it was.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, June 14, 2008 3:30 PM on j-body.org
The 10th amendment doesn't apply here, it was Texas CPS that removed the children.

But, if you don't agree with it, chew on this:
- Polygamy is outlawed in Texas, and every other state.
- Child abuse is not legal anywhere.
- The Texas CPS was acting on a tip from a 16 year-old girl within the sect.

So... To recap:
- The group openly practises and promotes an illegal activity,
- The Texas CPS has the authority granted it by the state to investigate complaints of child endangerment and remove children found to be in danger or temporarily remove them in order to further investigate an abuse complaint.
- Texas CPS followed Due Process laws.

I really don't see the problem with what happened (other than the Texas anti-polygamy law being a little oddly worded).

Sunday, June 15, 2008 5:49 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Oh no you don't.. You can't make that statement then try to close the door. I have read the autopsy reports and very few claim gunshot wound. What is interesting is that the reports often say "no evidence of gunshot wound" or "Gunshot wound cannot be eliminated" Odd that the examiner was noting the lack of something in a report isn't it? As if they directed to look for specific injuries.. Not normal is it. Many, many people are claimed to have suffocated and/or have been crushed by the "bunker" (tornado shelter) that did not collapse. The reports say it collapsed but the photos showing investigators walking on the roof of the so-called "bunker" tell a different tale. The tornado selter did not collapse, so how did they really die? There is very little credible evidence offered by the state, that is for sure.
The videos are out there, I recorded quite a bit from TV myself.. You can watch the BATF knock out the stairwells, then you can see the fires being set.. In one scene you see an agent running away from a structure with what appears to be a large container only moments before fire is visible in that area. They prevented escape and set the fires, you can see it all in the news reels, provided you recorded the live broadcasts yourself as none of the archive footage has it.

As far as the poligamists go, the state did the right thing in returning the children to their families. Alternate lifestyles that we do not agree with do not give us the right to break up families of 400 children based on one allegation of the abuse of one person. It was all based on an allegation made by a person who has made false statements in the past. Terrible.

PAX

must have just been a conspiracy by 100's of agents and police and so on and so forth while it was being recorded and shown on tv. its really easy to do because we know how easy it is for people to keep secrets right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search