does anyone remember when EMO meant.... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: does anyone remember when EMO meant....
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:59 AM on j-body.org
Joey: Nope. Rockabilly.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Check this out.

Mexican youths who aren't emo hunt down and beat up emos.

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=120&csid2=844&fid1=30610

---

Friday, March 28, 2008 5:28 AM on j-body.org
^^^lol damn. i posted a link about the first clash down there a few weeks ago in another thread. looks like theyve taken it quite a bit further

either that or the media is twisting it out of context?

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:23 AM on j-body.org
I really dont get this "emo" stuff... although I've never understood dressing or acting like any particular faction... just be yourself for christs sakes...

To be honest if I where to guess wich group I fall into it would be a mixture of punk and biker.... I've been a REAL biker all my life and listen to punk music most of the time..... some of my clothes show that... but I normally don't wear my leather coat unless I'm riding my bike and I really don't put much thought into the clothes that I wear.

I've honestly never hear of any type of music refered to as Emo..... the only band I can think of off the top of my head as of current day that would be close is HIM...

We had goth kids back when I was in high school.... I always thought that Emo was just the new word for goth.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:13 AM on j-body.org
Nope...IMNSHO goth is the bleak, sinister, macabre, and the reveling in it. Emo is a giant pity party.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:25 PM on j-body.org
So basically.... if a goth kid and an emo kid got into a street fight..... the goth kid would be walking away with a severed emo head in his hand.....

right?

Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:36 AM on j-body.org
I think the emo kid would be walking away with a boot in his ass.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:47 AM on j-body.org
^^^Size 12 steel toed doc marten to be exact.

The only thing similar between goths and emos is that their clothing more often than not is black. Other than that they're about as related as Seattle grunge artists and Lumberjacks--similar clothing, TOTALLY differnt outlook on life.

Look at it this way: the most modern incarnation of goth is descended from more blackmetal/new wave/industrial roots--depending on the flavor. Emo is more punk roots. But, Emo is to punk what John Bon Jovi is to Exodus.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:01 PM on j-body.org
you mean the latest version of emo is to punk what hair metal was to real metal
cheap, poppy, and pussified, with a preference for style over substance

Friday, April 04, 2008 9:25 AM on j-body.org
^^^Exactly.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:21 AM on j-body.org
Why do people need to label others in the first place? Do we HAVE to categorize ourselves? I get hit with the stupid emo label way too often. Some ask me if I consider myself emo, which I do not, and I tell them that I'm Mark, and nothing more, nothing less. Who cares what you are? Just be yourself. and who cares what others are? They're not hurting you.

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:30 AM on j-body.org
Human nature, Mark. I've found that in most people, unless there's an "us" vs. "them" mentality, we can't function.

Genre
Musical preference
Sexual preference
Race
Religion
Nationality
Political affliliation
or even coke vs. pop. vs. soda

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:42 AM on j-body.org
Me first.

Musical preference = Punk rock (KORN) and Old blues music
Sexual preference = Streight
Race = White
Religion = Other, N/A, Athiest, Egnostic (whatever you call someone that doesn't give a crap about religion one way or another)
Nationality = Mixture of English, Irish, and German
Political affliliation = Whoever the conservatives are
or even coke vs. pop. vs. soda = SODA!!! damnit.

Lets all fill that out and just piss eachother off

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:29 AM on j-body.org
Musical preference: original emo, hardcore, grindcore, techno, old rock, thrash
Sexual preference: straight
Race: white
Religion: catholic
Nationality: german/native american
Political affiliation: republican
or even coke vs. pop. vs. soda: pop

Monday, May 12, 2008 12:26 PM on j-body.org
I'm game:

Musical preference = Black, Death, Thrash, Gothic, Doom, Symphonic, and Melodic Metal styles, as well as old punk, Industrial, Gothic, Classical, Opera, and some Trance/Techno.
Sexual preference = Straight
Race = Bioluminescent
Religion = Pagan offshoot (Antitheism)
Nationality = Mostly Italian, but some Polish and Irish in there
Political affliliation = If Left wing is Liberal and Right wing is conservative, I think I'm the cloaca.
or even coke vs. pop. vs. soda = Soda. Pop is a noise and coke is a kind of soda.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:52 PM on j-body.org
i call these kids scene kids, not emos because even the "hardcore" scenesters look like this bull@!#$

music and fashin is completly different from what it use to be, and that saddens me
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:17 PM on j-body.org
Give it time, Brian. Everything will change again to something that was cool sometime in the past.

Remember, there was a time when no one wanted to wear bellbottoms or sideburns 'cause that what their parents wore. There was a time when hammer pants were cool. There was a time when mulets were cool, then derided, and now they're making a comeback.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:36 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Give it time, Brian. Everything will change again to something that was cool sometime in the past.

Remember, there was a time when no one wanted to wear bellbottoms or sideburns 'cause that what their parents wore. There was a time when hammer pants were cool. There was a time when mulets were cool, then derided, and now they're making a comeback.

It's actually simple to anticipate. It's always cool to do something that is widely considered "not cool" and that no one does anymore; and things stop being cool when everyone does it.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:23 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

and things stop being cool when everyone does it.

Aint that the damn truth..... it's all the damn yuppies faults LOL

All to often... the masses ruin things for us.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:22 AM on j-body.org
Exactly. I'm waiting for some fad to come up that makes people look like complete prats, in which the mindless masses follow so we all look like idiots..

Let me count the ones so far:

Hammer Pants
The Mullet
The Tauxhawk
The Peewee Herman haircut
The Teased bangs
The "lines" that guys had in their hair in the early 90's
Pogs
Guitar picks (this seems to have been a local fad where eveyone would carry around a guitar pic even if the closest they ever got to a guitar was listening to Warrant's "Where the Down Boys Go")

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Genre: Generally Human Male
Musical preference: Anything except new country I'll listen to... Depends on my mood if I'll like it.
Sexual preference: Hetero, and as MUCH AS F**KING POSSIBLE
Race: Yep... got R rated Tires.
Religion: without science is blind, Science without religion is lame.
Nationality: Soviet Republic of f**k Pat Buchanan
Political affliliation: I have no political predilictions.
or even coke vs. pop. vs. soda: Pop. There's no Soda in Soda, Coke is a brand, and the tabs used to actually POP when you'd peel the foil off the drinking slit.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:10 PM on j-body.org
80's REM type emo, and Modern Emo = way different things.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:39 AM on j-body.org
i dont even see that any more where i live.
skateborders have black clothes and tight pants
kids in bands have same style of dress
Teen girls who want to attract boys in bands and skate boaders wear the clothes
They are trying to be different from the norm and in doing so are blending into a different main stream
so aside from being Moody they have human interaction cutting.
the death of grundge brought on goth first ( making your self look evil corpse style make up, disturbing MM t-shirts.) well that hung around for a while until manson faded (keep in mind that i know there a bunch harder darker black medal bands from Europe). Out came emo screamo bands which i think bridged the gap to people who didn't want to dress like rapper or dress like a corpse. This form of music and dress had a soul
for a while then like every thing some one had to make money off it. enter Hot-topic, Avril levine, GC, My Chemical Romance. So now it has become so eroded and faded that pretty People are wearing the clothes and listening to the music. Dressing in black and feeling like $H&T was Ugly person thing. What do pretty teen girls have to depressed about they have not hit 30 yet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search