Hey Canada...Look what I can do! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey Canada...Look what I can do!
Saturday, July 05, 2008 5:15 PM on j-body.org
www.opencarry.org

Gotta love the ole U S of A. Sure you could rattle off a dozen why nots, but I can.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Hey Canada...Look what I can do!
Saturday, July 05, 2008 9:44 PM on j-body.org
Surprise, you can get a concealed carry permit in Canada.

Guess what, I have one.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:28 AM on j-body.org
ummm, ok?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:34 AM on j-body.org
GAM, I am aware that certain people in Canada may qualify for a concealed carry. I suspect, however, that one would have to meet very stringent criteria to obtain the permit though. Congrats on having the right job to qualify. What is it that you do for a living?

Michigan, along with a bucket load of other states, is an open carry state. There is no law on the books that says I can, just no law that says I cannot.

Of course, someone may feebly attempt to make a comparison by saying something like "well, there's no law stating that you can't mount a pseudo .50 caliber on the roof of your Hummer H2, but that doesn't mean you can do it." It would be funny if they did...I need a good laugh today.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:13 AM on j-body.org
congrats......?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:16 PM on j-body.org

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:45 PM on j-body.org
Basically, in order to qualify for concealed carry:
- You need a restricted weapon permit.
- You need a full background check (which is 25 years, and disclosure to look into pardoned files) and interview.
- You need a transport permit.

To get open carry, you need the transport permit and restricted weapon permit. Both are not too hard to get, but they take a good amount of time. What I do doesn't matter, I had conceal carry when I got my Firearms acquisition certificate - Restricted weapons class. (I was willed a few guns and a pistol from my grand-dad) It was another $100 then.

Now, it's about another $500, but IIRC it's a 10 year permit. Unless you have a criminal record or police contact (ie domestic dispute), you won't have a big problem getting it if you don't mind waiting.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:38 AM on j-body.org
It's still much easier where I live than in Canada.... I've had one for years......

woopdie doo btw..

Saturday, July 12, 2008 8:47 AM on j-body.org
True, but at least here we're not shovelling guns @ people that clearly should NOT have them.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:00 AM on j-body.org
Is MI getting that bad where you need one?

Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:13 AM on j-body.org
ohh ohh i got it you can be another arrogant american prick with a gun, great just what the world needs

most of canada don't care about your stupid right to bare arms, we have the right to bare breasts

Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:06 PM on j-body.org
neal howell (the sarcastic one wrote:most of canada don't care about your stupid right to bare arms, we have the right to bare breasts

This man knows the true greatness of Canada

Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:27 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:

This makes me ROFL.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:16 AM on j-body.org
Ya a lot of people shouldn't have them that do.... ... but most of the people you have to worry about are just going to carry one without a permit anyway.... so it doesn't really make a difference.... it just helps protect the people that should have then from the retards that shouldn't.

I need to look up when it actually became a law that anyone couldn't carry a gun on their hip anymore that wanted to in the US... it wasn't always that way.

We need to go back to the old ways.... we've become what our for fathers where running away from when they left Europe and founded this country.... it pisses me off that people cant handle freedom.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Are people in the US really so insecure about their lives that they feel the need to carry a gun, to at least appear to themselves to be a big man?

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:54 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:We need to go back to the old ways.... we've become what our for fathers where running away from when they left Europe and founded this country.... it pisses me off that people cant handle freedom.

Yes.. the old ways:
- Simple grudges that used to be settled with a drunken fist fight escalate into gun fights.
- Shooting police was an entirely acceptable way to avoid prosecution
- Shooting fellow firemen was the way local fire companies would secure the scene to loot the house before it burned completely down.
- Having to check your firearms was reason to avoid a function.

Sorry, I'll take today with all the litigiousness, and the lack of firearms today. You're alive today because you really don't need guns to survive.

If you honestly, honestly think that a well armed society is a polite society, may I offer up the most polite societies on earth:
- Somalia
- Chechnya
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Sudan
- Pakistan
- Afghanistan
- South Afrika

They're still using "The Old Ways."

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:31 AM on j-body.org
I have no idea why somebody would want to wear a gun on their body, this isn't the old west lol ok coral. If I lived in a @!#$ hole where it seemed necessary to wear a gun, I'd move.

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:26 PM on j-body.org
Another worthless thread brought to you by ScottaWhite.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Although this thread is worthless.....most of ya'll can @!#$ off...so what if we choose to carry...I don't do it for protection..hence i hardly carry but I do have the permit that says i can. And its concealed, so i def don't do it to be cool, cause know one knows...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search