McCain announces Sarah Palin...(who?) as his VP cadidate - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
McCain announces Sarah Palin...(who?) as his VP cadidate
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:24 AM on j-body.org
Discuss.....

Quote:

(CNN) -- John McCain needs what Kinky Friedman calls "a checkup from the neck up."

In choosing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate he is not thinking "outside the box," as some have said. More like out of his mind.

Palin a first-term governor of a state with more reindeer than people, will have to put on a few pounds just to be a lightweight. Her personal story is impressive: former fisherman, mother of five. But that hardly qualifies her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment.

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania. iReport.com: 'McCain pick might be a gimmick'

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television, and -- obviously -- a woman.

He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.

He passed over former congressman, trade negotiator and budget director Rob Portman.

And he also passed over Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas.

For months, the McCainiacs have said they will run on his judgment and experience. In his first presidential decision, John McCain has shown he is willing to endanger his country, potentially leaving it in the hands of someone who simply has no business being a heartbeat away from the most powerful, complicated, difficult job in human history.

Re: McCain announces Sarah Palin...(who?) as his VP cadidate
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:32 AM on j-body.org
god damnit john. i really want to vote for him, but he makes it tough. i think this is going to be a third party vote for me, or no vote at all. anybody here watch south park? this is the real episode of giant douche vs. turd sandwich.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:34 AM on j-body.org
Daaaaamn.. I cant beleive he passed over Mitt and Mike Huckabee. Oh well, not like McCain is gonna be in office anyway hehe

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:46 AM on j-body.org
She wins the MILF vote.

But seriously,she's got more experience then Obama...

http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/851orcjq.asp?pg=1

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:47 AM on j-body.org
i think he gave up any chance he had. is he retarded? he should know he's going to have to win over battleground states to have a chance, the republican party is hardly in great standing. so why not pick somebody that every conservative knows and likes? no... lets pick some chick who governs a couple hundred thousand people and nobody has ever heard of. god i hate election years.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:53 AM on j-body.org
Well played McCain. He will capture the votes from Hillary.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:01 PM on j-body.org
randizzle wrote:god damnit john. i really want to vote for him, but he makes it tough. I think this is going to be a third party vote for me, or no vote at all. anybody here watch south park? this is the real episode of giant douche vs. turd sandwich.

I don't see how that would make it tought to vote for him. I have an more faith in her than I have EVER had in any political canidate. What she has done in her own state speaks volumes about her. She does not just talk about change she makes it happen. I see her as somone to hold McCain to do the right thing and squeal lig a stuck pig if he intentionally heads down the wrong path.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:02 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Well played McCain. He will capture the votes from Hillary.

Agreed.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:07 PM on j-body.org
randizzle wrote:i think he gave up any chance he had. is he retarded? he should know he's going to have to win over battleground states to have a chance, the republican party is hardly in great standing. so why not pick somebody that every conservative knows and likes? no... lets pick some chick who governs a couple hundred thousand people and nobody has ever heard of. god i hate election years.

Who do you have in mind? I can't think of any well known actual conservative that conseratives actually like. Sure picking somone from a swing state is a great way to play politics as usual and better his chances of winning.

The republican party is barely standing becuase forever they went with the status quo. Let's face it the republican party is seen as the old rich white folks party. Washington is broken and people really do want change. That is why Obama is so popular. I think she brings just that instead of talking about it like Obama. Plus he needed to win over the female vote as well as young vote just as much if not more than he needed a swing state.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 29, 2008 12:11 PM

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:08 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Well played McCain. He will capture the votes from Hillary.

No she won't. Hillary grew with her supporters, and developed a very strong relationship with them. Not just because she was a woman, but she was their woman. You can't just substitute one female for another and expect the same outpouring of support. McCain made a poor choice, and is simply pandering to women. People will see that. Hillary will call him out on it, and her legions will stay away from the new girl.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:09 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:

Agreed.

x3...genius, and she supports drilling in ANWR. They should just wrap up the election now.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:11 PM on j-body.org
Allow me to be the first too.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:21 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:

No she won't. Hillary grew with her supporters, and developed a very strong relationship with them. Not just because she was a woman, but she was their woman. You can't just substitute one female for another and expect the same outpouring of support. McCain made a poor choice, and is simply pandering to women. People will see that. Hillary will call him out on it, and her legions will stay away from the new girl.

When it comes to politics and elections, sadly US voters vote on "perception" not "substance."

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:24 PM on j-body.org
That is true, however, the Hillary army will still do her bidding. If she says Vote Obama, they will do it.

Besides, once the MSM gets ahold of this little doozy she has back in AK, public perception as "Miss Ethical Guvner of the Year" will be shattered.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/washingtonpostinvestigations/2008/08/mccains_vp_pick_palin_facing_e.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 29, 2008 12:26 PM

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:26 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:

I think this may be true of the die hard Hilary supporters. But would you expect any less. They were willing to vote for a FLAT OUT @!#$ LIAR! Sniper fire ring a bell anyone. She even forceed her own daughter into being confronted and having to lie or politcally manuver to avoid the question. But keep in mind alot of woman have lost respect for Hilary for not standing up to her adulterous man. They see her as waayy to personally politically motivated. She is also seen as a cruel, cold, calculating, bitch!

There were many woman who if you asked them who they were voting for said a woman when asked why it was more or less because she was a female. Now Palin is going to be seen as a hardworking mother witout a husband that is publicly cheating on her. I think as woman get to know her they will like her better than Hilary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 29, 2008 12:29 PM

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:30 PM on j-body.org
I think this is a great choice.

Quote:

DING DING.

Friday, August 29, 2008 4:22 PM on j-body.org
The summer soft-ball league, wallet-on-a-chain, crew cutter women will never vote democrat. But a lot of women will vote for McCain because of Palin. Look at Michigan....Granholm stole a lot of republican female voters who switched sides politically, just to have a woman in office. It has worked out wonderfully by the way. Side note: Palin is smokin'. Former runner-up for Miss Alaska. Does anyone see a Tina Faye resemblance here? Will SNL roll out Faye to do a parody of Palin sitting on McCains lap?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, August 29, 2008 4:34 PM on j-body.org
Friday, August 29, 2008 4:39 PM on j-body.org
^rofl

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, August 29, 2008 7:37 PM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o( theAnGrYCnSrvTve) wrote:I think this is a great choice.

Quote:

DING DING.

Friday, August 29, 2008 7:45 PM on j-body.org
How is she more experienced than Obama?

2 years as governor and a 6 years as mayor of an unknown town in Alaska?

How does McCain even know her? He met her ONCE before he nominated her.

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:00 PM on j-body.org
x2 McCain(former POW) is trying to corner the "stupid bitches who will vote for any female because somehow voting for someone because of what they are rather than who they are means equality" aka PUMA vote. That is exactly why he picked her. I mean its funny that he has went on and on about how important "experience" is, but Obama picked someone MORE experienced(and qualified BTW) than McCain(former POW) for VP, so McCain(former POW) picks someone with as little "experience" as possible. You can't write stuff this good - political comedy at its finest right here.

Bad Ace Design wrote:No she won't. Hillary grew with her supporters, and developed a very strong relationship with them. Not just because she was a woman, but she was their woman. You can't just substitute one female for another and expect the same outpouring of support. McCain made a poor choice, and is simply pandering to women. People will see that. Hillary will call him out on it, and her legions will stay away from the new girl.
I have less faith in the collective wisdom of Hillary supporters(as evidenced by the fact that they voted for her in the first place LOL). There is no shortage of people who supported her who now publicly declare they will vote for McCain(former POW) just to spite Obama. These people actually think that the only reason Hillary lost was... sexism(yeah right). They just cannot accept the outcome that Hillary lost, and now they are in full meltdown. If these people where actually concerned out of genuine respect for Hillary(who has repeatedly called for everyone to back Obama) and/or the real issues(where as Hillary and McCain(former POW) are only similar in their addiction to lobbyist's money) - they would obviously support Obama.

I think most of Hillary's support/votes came from -
1. People who wanted to elect a woman.
2. People who recognize her name more and/or love Bill Clinton.
3. People who barely actually follow politics and the world in general.
4. People who are scared of Obama(and yet I've never seem a LEGIT reason for this).

Palin - as short as her political career is - ALREADY had a scandal hanging over her head before she was picked. I think she will fit in the white house just fine. I wish McCain(former POW) would have picked Rudy(911) for VP - just for laughs. They are a matched pair IMO. That would have made for a comical campaign season for sure.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Friday, August 29, 2008 9:26 PM on j-body.org
Double post FTW - well I forgot to include this in the last one.

BP wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:

Agreed.

x3...genius, and she supports drilling in ANWR. They should just wrap up the election now.
ANWR is SUCH a perfect solution to all out problems!! Never mind the fact that it will take about 30 years if we start today to actually see any substantial oil come out of that place, or that by the time that rolls around that it can only supply < 1% of the worlds supply needs. I mean since that is our ONLY OPTION, lets @!#$ that whole area up and dig in!! [/extreme sarcasm] That's what happens when you LOOK UP THE FACTS and DO THE MATH. How about we look for a REAL solution and not one that will take 30 years and really not even help that much even then? Thank you.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:42 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:Double post FTW - well I forgot to include this in the last one.

BP wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:

Agreed.

ANWR is SUCH a perfect solution to all out problems!! Never mind the fact that it will take about 30 years if we start today to actually see any substantial oil come out of that place, or that by the time that rolls around that it can only supply < 1% of the worlds supply needs. I mean since that is our ONLY OPTION, lets @!#$ that whole area up and dig in!! [/extreme sarcasm] That's what happens when you LOOK UP THE FACTS and DO THE MATH. How about we look for a REAL solution and not one that will take 30 years and really not even help that much even then? Thank you.

Maybe you might wanna recheck your facts..... ANWR is part of the solution not the ONLY solution. Also ANWR (or any other place) could be producing oil within 5-7yrs or less and already has a pipeline in the works for natural gas. Now the immediate effect on the oil markets if we opened up drilling on off shore and ANWR would be significant. Oil, natural gas, clean coal and nuclear power is and only power option for the immediate future. Nuclear power plants, new refineries and more drilling would increase the jobs in America and help in the long term. Alternatives fuels, solar, wind etc etc will take a long time to get anything major online and the cost and development is still being worked on.

America is ready for a drill here drill now policy. With something like 75% of Americans wanting drilling and our Congress NOT doing what the people want of this country just add's to the problems. If the elected low life scum in the house and on the hill would actually do something for America and its people they would actually might get liked. It is time for a change on the hill and house and I see that with McCain and Palin now in the mix, it will surely be a good thing. Now I dont like some of the stupid things McCain has brought up like an Amnesty bill, global warming and such but Over all he is on the right track and with Palin now with him, it's a very very good thing.

I wont even begin as to why I dearly hope BO does not get into the white house!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:47 AM

Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:55 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
randizzle wrote:i think he gave up any chance he had. is he retarded? he should know he's going to have to win over battleground states to have a chance, the republican party is hardly in great standing. so why not pick somebody that every conservative knows and likes? no... lets pick some chick who governs a couple hundred thousand people and nobody has ever heard of. god i hate election years.

Who do you have in mind? I can't think of any well known actual conservative that conseratives actually like. Sure picking somone from a swing state is a great way to play politics as usual and better his chances of winning.

The republican party is barely standing becuase forever they went with the status quo. Let's face it the republican party is seen as the old rich white folks party. Washington is broken and people really do want change. That is why Obama is so popular. I think she brings just that instead of talking about it like Obama. Plus he needed to win over the female vote as well as young vote just as much if not more than he needed a swing state.

Very well said Wade, Plus I might add she is a true conservative, young and a reformer. She brings life and unity back to the republican party as well as bringing in liberal and some of the not-so-sure voters. McCain has made a great choice with her and I see the the party really really uniting with her and McCain. Lets just hope she sticks to her guns and really proves her nickname and really goes at it for the next couple months!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search