McCain announces Sarah Palin...(who?) as his VP cadidate - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: McCain announces Sarah Palin...(who?) as his VP cadidate
Friday, September 05, 2008 8:23 AM on j-body.org
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Sorry guy's. Should have said "trying" to ban the bible.

I'll get back into this this weekend when I have a little more free time.

That's not gonna cut it. There's always someone trying to ban something else someone else likes. Like Palin trying to get librarians to ban books when she was mayor: http://www.google.com/search?q=palin%20banning%20books

This only matters when 1) It actually happens or 2) You support someone who does this.

#2 = Hypocrisy if you do, bro.

---

Friday, September 05, 2008 8:27 AM on j-body.org
The bible has no place in public school, parents that want thier kids heads filled with that nonsense can send them to private school at thier own expense

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:01 AM on j-body.org
With all due respect , the ignorant apologetic support for the tax and spend Washington bureaucracy here makes me laugh.

Or put another way, you all seem to be in a tizzy because McCain threw a curve ball that none of you anticipated and don't have a clue on how to deal with.

Well, welcome your worst nightmare.

Yes, this was supposed to be election the Democrats "couldn't" lose. Oprah has anointed Obama, Bush is unpopular and it's all in the can. Let's go have a beer.

But noooooo....suddenly,the opposition doesn't go by the anticipated beaten path playbook (ah, how quickly people forget McCain is a military strategist). Instead, they nominate an outsider - who just happens to be an attractive, articulate reformer who makes Obama look dull and Biden beyond dull (want to argue that? Chew on this and then forget even trying: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_power_fresh_face_now_more_popular_than_obama_mccain).

And for your sake I hope you don't all keep making the stupid mistake of underestimating the capabilities of this tough woman in an election race. The landscape of Alaska is littered with the corpses of people who did. And Biden (if he lasts, there are already serious rumors Obama is thinking of dropping him) is next.

And as for all the Daily Kos crap some of you are posting (yawn), please, get current. CBS and CNN have already tried to leverage that stuff and are getting nowhere. So your little investigative sandobx here is to put it politely a meaningless joke.
Friday, September 05, 2008 10:04 AM on j-body.org
mikeythemars wrote:With all due respect , the ignorant apologetic support for the tax and spend Washington bureaucracy here makes me laugh.

Or put another way, you all seem to be in a tizzy because McCain threw a curve ball that none of you anticipated and don't have a clue on how to deal with.

Yes, this was supposed to be election the Democrats "couldn't" lose. Oprah has anointed Obama, Bush is unpopular and it's all in the can. Let's go have a beer.

But noooooo....suddenly,the opposition doesn't go by the anticipated beaten path playbook (ah, how quickly people forget McCain is a military strategist). Instead, they nominate an outsider - who just happens to be an attractive, articulate reformer who makes Obama look dull and Biden beyond dull (want to argue that? Chew on this and then forget even trying: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_power_fresh_face_now_more_popular_than_obama_mccain).

And for your sake I hope you don't all keep making the stupid mistake of underestimating the capabilities of this tough woman in an election race. The landscape of Alaska is littered with the corpses of people who did. And Biden (if he lasts, there are already serious rumors Obama is thinking of dropping him) is next.

And as for all the Daily Kos crap some of you are posting (yawn), please, get current. CBS and CNN have already tried to leverage that stuff and are getting nowhere. So your little investigative sandobx here is to put it politely a meaningless joke.
Do you have any kool-aid to spare?

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:23 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
mikeythemars wrote:With all due respect , the ignorant apologetic support for the tax and spend Washington bureaucracy here makes me laugh.

Do you have any kool-aid to spare?

This comment made me laugh. You yourself have no room to be talking about kool-aid.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:28 AM on j-body.org
mikeythemars wrote:With all due respect , the ignorant apologetic

wtf

mikeythemars wrote:support for the tax and spend Washington bureaucracy here makes me laugh.

Same for me with the cut-taxes and spend

mikeythemars wrote: you all seem to be in a tizzy because McCain threw a curve ball that none of you anticipated and don't have a clue on how to deal with.

Not even the right knows how to deal with this yet.

mikeythemars wrote:Well, welcome your worst nightmare

wtf.

mikeythemars wrote:Yes, this was supposed to be election the Democrats "couldn't" lose. Oprah has anointed Obama, Bush is unpopular and it's all in the can. Let's go have a beer.

Who said that? Show me. The democrats are fully aware of the Karl Rove driven campaign machines.

mikeythemars wrote:McCain is a military strategist).

He is?

mikeythemars wrote:Instead, they nominate an outsider - who just happens to be an attractive, articulate reformer who makes Obama look dull

That's an opinion that would be hard to argue.

mikeythemars wrote:and Biden beyond dull

Bro, everyone knows Biden is dull. But he was dull before Palin was born.

mikeythemars wrote: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_power_fresh_face_now_more_popular_than_obama_mccain).

I applaud actually using some supporting links at least once.

mikeythemars wrote:And for your sake I hope you don't all keep making the stupid mistake of underestimating the capabilities of this tough woman in an election race. The landscape of Alaska is littered with the corpses of people who did.

I agree with this statement.

mikeythemars wrote: And Biden (if he lasts, there are already serious rumors Obama is thinking of dropping him) is next.

Says who?

mikeythemars wrote:And as for all the Daily Kos crap some of you are posting (yawn), please, get current. CBS and CNN have already tried to leverage that stuff and are getting nowhere. So your little investigative sandobx here is to put it politely a meaningless joke.

I don't read the Daily Kos. Does anyone here read Kos? Apparently you do. So please tell me what you're talking about.

---

Friday, September 05, 2008 11:22 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:I wouldn't trust a supposedly Conservative woman who harps about family values, yet whose unmarried daughter is about to bring a bastard child in the world. If she can't convince her own daughter of the sanctity of marriage, how can she convince America?

Give me a break. Is that the best you have? That is a stretch. I mean god knows none of us EVER made a decision in the heat of the moment that our parents would not aprove of.

Notice the the pregnant duaghter is ENGAGED to the baby father. I guess you just conveinently forgot to mention that.

If you want to bring family into it we can talk about Obama's mother who got pregnant at the age of 17 and gave birth at 18. Oh yes and what about his father who bailed?

Now Obama himself said that quote "If my daughter makes a mistake I don't want her PUNISHED with a baby." Since when is manning up to your mistakes and becoming a responsible parent a bad thing? Or is it alright to just say oops I don't want to be punished and have to grow up I am too young I will just have an abortion a better way of taking responsibilty and making a bad situation better.

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:48 PM on j-body.org

Your forgetting that Palin has a lot of skeletons in her closet. America is going to learn a lot about her in the next two months.

Not to mention, once the pizazz wears off and her policies actually click in the brains of voters, she is going to lose a lot of support.

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:52 PM on j-body.org
^^^^ Actually she does not. So far they have all been found to be false. Troopergate for example.

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:01 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:Give me a break. Is that the best you have? That is a stretch. I mean god knows none of us EVER made a decision in the heat of the moment that our parents would not aprove of.

Notice the the pregnant duaghter is ENGAGED to the baby father. I guess you just conveinently forgot to mention that.

If you want to bring family into it we can talk about Obama's mother who got pregnant at the age of 17 and gave birth at 18. Oh yes and what about his father who bailed?

I agree. This picking on her because her daughter is pregnant is stupid.

I don't think her daughter's actions should invalid anything she believes in. I think her beliefs (which match the beliefs of many) should be brought up for the legitimate discussion and debate they deserve. Anything less insults my intelligence.

Just because her daughter is doing things a bit backwards doesn't mean that going to school, avoiding sex, getting married THEN having kids isn't still the best order to do things to have the best chances in life.

There are plenty of pregnant teens on both the abstinence AND sex education sides of this fence. One teen does not make a case, no matter who's kid it is.

It's one thing to say one thing and turn around and do something different - like John Edwards always tossing out how great his marriage is (they go to the same Mcdonalds they met at every year, bring the TV cameras!) then having an affair or THE REVEREND Jesse Jackson or gay-bathroom-lovin-gay-bashin' Larry Craig or ......... but it's another to make mistakes and learn from them.

How many of us have had to learn things the "hard way"? I'm guessing 100% of us, give or take 0%.

Quote:

Since when is manning up to your mistakes and becoming a responsible parent a bad thing? Or is it alright to just say oops I don't want to be punished and have to grow up I am too young I will just have an abortion a better way of taking responsibilty and making a bad situation better.

+1

---

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:^^^^ Actually she does not. So far they have all been found to be false. Troopergate for example.

Troopergate is false, huh?

Better tell the investigators, they have yet to make a conclusion.

Friday, September 05, 2008 5:26 PM on j-body.org

Tax and spend is by far preferable to Cutting taxes in a time of war and cutting taxes heaviest on the people that can afford to pay them.

You know why no other country or empire has ever once cut taxes in a time of war... EVER in recorded human history? It's a monumentally stupid idea.

Quote:

First: Don't count your chickens before they hatch. GHW Bush did, and he was a one-termer.
Second: McCain has voted along side Bush proposals something on the order of 95% of the time. That's not change... it's status quo. If you want to keep doing what doesn't work: Vote Republican.
Third: Oprah isn't God, Obama edged out Clinton.
Fourth: Guess what, if you want to talk about voting records, McCain is going to be seen as a party-liner. Not a lot else..
Finally: Just because Palin lacks a Y chromosome doesn't mean that she's going to win an election for McCain. Especially when she's not exactly a saint.

Quote:

You know. I'll put it this way: Rasmussen Reports seems to absolutely LOVE Bill Frist. 'Nuff said.

Next time, try using a link from a non-partisan source.

I used Fact Check.org just above (which BTW has no ties to either party, and is non-profit) and your idea of Palin being the X-factor (or is it a non-Y factor... anyhow) went up in smoke in one article.

Quote:

Tough woman? Please. I give her credit for being governor of the 47th most populace state (I live in a city that has roughly 1.5 times that number of people, and a smaller city council than Alaska's government), but if the state senate and congress was in session for longer than 30 days a year, it might have given her a little more credibility.

Hell, if you want to talk about it frankly, she got a total of about 1500 votes TOTAL over 2 terms as a mayor. Small town, small state.

Plus you really can't pressure to ban books without evoking that whole despot thing: call me crazy.

Quote:

You back-check your facts first.

You want current?

http://www.factcheck.org/just-the-facts/the_partys_over.html <-- Posted today, September 5th. If you go to 3:10, it debunks Palin's statements about saying "no thanks to a bridge to nowhere," when she actually supported the project, got money from Washington to fund the project, and then diverted it elsewhere. Good going!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, September 05, 2008 5:27 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Just because her daughter is doing things a bit backwards doesn't mean that going to school, avoiding sex, getting married THEN having kids isn't still the best order to do things to have the best chances in life.
There are plenty of pregnant teens on both the abstinence AND sex education sides of this fence. One teen does not make a case, no matter who's kid it is.

Kids having kids is inappropriate no question about it.
The problem here is, that her daughter's action is now being considered as acceptable and not a "problem." Lack of parenting on Palin's part? Or daughter not being the brightest light bulb? Either way it is not a positive image for teens to embrace.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, September 05, 2008 6:11 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

The problem here is, that her daughter's action is now being considered as acceptable and not a "problem." Lack of parenting on Palin's part? Or daughter not being the brightest light bulb? Either way it is not a positive image for teens to embrace.

How is anyone saying it is acceptable? You must be kidding. It seems to be the most brought up issue against Sarah Palin and it is a choice Sarah did not even make. As I stated before we all have made choices our parents would not condone! Now unlesss you are going to tell us you NEVER had pre-maritial sex then shut up and get off your high horse.

Friday, September 05, 2008 6:24 PM on j-body.org
He cant.

More people here need to read your sig Wade.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:34 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

How is anyone saying it is acceptable? You must be kidding. It seems to be the most brought up issue against Sarah Palin and it is a choice Sarah did not even make. As I stated before we all have made choices our parents would not condone! Now unlesss you are going to tell us you NEVER had pre-maritial sex then shut up and get off your high horse.

Its absolutely amazing.

When its someone people support, talking about teen pregnancy is an entirely different conversation than when it is, oh, say a celebrity.

The hypocrisy is mind-boggling, John Stewart puts it best:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

Saturday, September 06, 2008 12:41 AM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:The hypocrisy is mind-boggling, John Stewart puts it best:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card
John Steward is king of making very good, perfectly constructed points, and all in the name of humor. He is not afraid to expose any absurdity. Its no wonder that the fake news show is more trusted than real news shows.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Saturday, September 06, 2008 1:15 AM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

Its absolutely amazing.

When its someone people support, talking about teen pregnancy is an entirely different conversation than when it is, oh, say a celebrity.

WTF? I think Wade has said in several different ways it is NOT OK to have a pregnant teen but yet got lumped in with O'Reilly's opinions?

---

Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:07 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Bad Ace Design wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

Its absolutely amazing.

WTF? I think Wade has said in several different ways it is NOT OK to have a pregnant teen but yet got lumped in with O'Reilly's opinions?

I wasnt attacking him. I was making a comment on the general hypocrisy of the American public.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:46 AM on j-body.org

The thing that scares me if McCain were to win.......Palin would be one step away from being president if something were to happen to him! I shutter at the thought. I love how they never talked about the real issues during the RNC that people are concerned about, but they spent a whole lot of time bagging on the Democrats.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:37 AM on j-body.org
The real concern, that they did talk about, that WILL make them win..

Drilling more for oil here. Getting price of gas down. THAT will make them win.

And if she becomes the first Woman president... GREAT.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:08 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:More people here need to read your sig Wade.
I think everyone has read it, and I'll bet everyone agrees with it... but not everyone will interpret it the same way. Just because you think we need to do one thing to serve our country (i.e. joining the military or propping up our leadership), other people will think we need to do something else (i.e. volunteering at a food bank or voting to put those in power who we believe will best lead this country).

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:07 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

And if she becomes the first Woman president... GREAT.

Chris

Are you kidding? That is scarier than Dick Cheney at the helm.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:13 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:More people here need to read your sig Wade.
I think everyone has read it, and I'll bet everyone agrees with it... but not everyone will interpret it the same way. Just because you think we need to do one thing to serve our country (i.e. joining the military or propping up our leadership), other people will think we need to do something else (i.e. volunteering at a food bank or voting to put those in power who we believe will best lead this country).

I agree with OHV and Chris here. More people should give it some thought although they will interperet it differently.

This is a litlle off topic but since it was brought up I felt I should say why I put it in my sig. Simply put I think people tend to put to much of their faith, hope, trust and reliance in the government to provide for them. Many seem to be looking to the government to provide health care, baby bonds, welfare...you name it they think it is the governments job to provide it. We all know how much coruption, special intrest, earmarks, and wastefull spending there is within the government. I don't think we should give them more of our money in return for things politicians promise. Since when can we trust them? They have bankrupted social security! We have a huge deficit and our dollar is not worth what it should be. Some say because the war, I personally think it is more due to wasteful spending but that is another debate for another day.

For me there is also the military side of it. I have too many family members to list in the military

It sums up my feelings about what our government was founded on.

If anyone wants to discuss this further that's fine PM me or we can start another thread. I want to kep this one on topic.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 12:17 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:

Remove your broom stick off your ass there buddy. I quoted "Agustin"... so relax.

Just from my local paper here and some answers here (ie quoted one) there seems to be strong downplay on Palin's daughter actions. And if this stupid trend continues, many (especially in the religious category group) MAY classify this as a norm. Remember there are many groups that don't teach or practice with contraceptives

Now your comment of
Quote:

As I stated before we all have made choices our parents would not condone! Now unlesss you are going to tell us you NEVER had pre-maritial sex then shut up and get off your high horse.

Sorry, but defending lack of education (mother) or irresponsibility (daughter) is ludicrous. Either way it is sending the wrong message to teens. As for me riding on my high horse... I was smart and responsible enough wrap it up.... hence no kids

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search