Peak Oil/End of Democracy - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Peak Oil/End of Democracy
Friday, August 29, 2008 9:27 AM on j-body.org
Im surprised nobody has brought this up lately but the oil demand has cought up with the supply, and stats show the supply is just starting to decline. production is not getting any higher anytime soon. There is plenty of oil, were not running out, but because of the supply and demand prices will skyrocket. $300 a barrel is a good estimate, but others are expecting $350 a barrel. Demand is always going up. Theres just too many people on this planet.

This is going to be a global effect. Everything is already being held together with duct tape this will throw everything out of proportion and lives will be lost simply because 70% of the world is dependant on CHEAP oil. Being against rising oil prices is against tomorrows future.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/ is a good site to read for those who know nothing. more can be found just by typing in peak oil in google.

And while were on topic about things declining Democracy as we know it does not exist. We live in a MediaOcracy (canada and usa). Patriot Act and anti-terrorist act have left us with no rights. Large corporations own everything and control everything and there isnt anything we can do about it. welcome to the future. The media actually convinced people 9/11 was a terrorist act when in fact it was the US Government behind it. This is no "conspiracy" as that word is mainly used to make truths into beliefs and biased views.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'

Re: Peak Oil/End of Democracy
Friday, August 29, 2008 9:31 AM on j-body.org
oh gosh, i bet next you're gonna tell us to watch the Zeitgeist film........ again.

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:36 AM on j-body.org
I bet you're going to tell us George Bush was the second shooter in the grassy knoll next right?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:46 AM on j-body.org
I love these threads.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:20 AM on j-body.org
To take this seriously...

Why is the end of democracy a bad thing? Democracy has never guaranteed freedom. Just ask the people living in Nazi Germany in the 40's or Russia today how they feel about the democracies they live in. Also, the United-States has always been a fairly weak democracy. In your presidential elections you usually have TWO choices. Two, if I may remind you, is thissssss close to just having one; and one is the same as having none. In Canada we have four valid choices for prime minister for example. A democracy just means that you elect people to act "in your best interest" and your best interest is up to them to decide, if you know what I mean.

Also, peak oil? Meh, no more oil simply means no more industrial age. Granted, this could precipitate a third world war when the reserves get low, but again who cares? Always bet on human greed to trump anything else. The oil economy's collapse will only mean that the people who control it will move on to some other way of making money. They want to stay fat and rich, count on that. And a war economy is no way to have stable wealth. Yeah, you'll get rich but it's like staying warm by burning your house. Do that for too long and you'll get a hell of a surprise. A war economy is just a way to keep the OTHER guy from making money too and forcing both of you to toss good wealth after bad in a war until the one who manages to keep the most wealth wins.

Lastly, I think people have been bred to rely on the government too damn much. Don't like this modern age of being watched? Fine. Sell everything you own, hide some food money, and go live on the street. No one will bother you. You can live for more than thirty years on less than ten grand that way.

Everyone seems to want everything at the same time. You can't have luxury, freedom, stability and wealth all at once unless you were born a millionaire. So forget it.

We have one freedom in the world, just one, and it's something that a lot of people don't have. The freedom to be a rat in the walls of the west. We are spectacularly fat and wealthy and wasteful here and there are plenty of crumbs for a clever rat to live off of.
Friday, August 29, 2008 10:40 AM on j-body.org
There is not a decline in supply, there was a field discovered recently that is as large as the one in Saudia Arabia. Hell the Colorado Shale Oil reserve has enough oil to supply the country (at the current oil growth rate) for the next 200 years.

We are not running out of oil, take it from somebody who deals with companies like Pemex, Diamond Offshore, TransOcean, etc on a daily basis. The offshore oil industry is growing at a phenomenal rate. There's plenty of oil to go around...

So why are gas prices the way they are? A few reasons:

1. We've not built a new production facility in over 30 years (with the exclusion of the one that has just or is about to come online outside of chicago). All facilities are running at capacity, and there are still some major facilities that are crippled from Katrina.

2. Politics, things going on in a lot of the world that affects oil production, this thing between Georgia and Russia, Brazil, Middle East, etc are all contributing to the rise in oil prices just on pure politics, nothing more.

3. The weak American dollar. Our economy is dragging other economies down (except for China).

There's more, but those are the three major ones.

Does that mean we shouldn't think about energy conservation, green living, etc? No, absolutely not. Reducing the dependency on oil will drive oil prices down somewhat, but it definitely won't hurt the environment to do so.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:42 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

And while were on topic about things declining Democracy as we know it does not exist. We live in a MediaOcracy (canada and usa). Patriot Act and anti-terrorist act have left us with no rights. Large corporations own everything and control everything and there isnt anything we can do about it. welcome to the future. The media actually convinced people 9/11 was a terrorist act when in fact it was the US Government behind it. This is no "conspiracy" as that word is mainly used to make truths into beliefs and biased views.

And that just made me laugh, you really need to get some kind of education, because anybody with an IQ can see right through that mainstream conspiracy theory bull@!#$.

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:49 AM on j-body.org
Yep, IBTL.

I'm guessing you watched that "loose change" video on youtube right?

While the bit about the pentagon I somewhat believed, the rest is horse-poo.

Refer to this article: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:05 AM on j-body.org
funny how everyone took my post out of context. I think ill trust the top scientists, geologists of the world over some people over the internet on the topic of peak oil. the end of democracy is good for us because we can get back our freedom. go ahead and believe what you guys want to believe because it wont change reality.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Friday, August 29, 2008 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Peak oil is an interesting theory.

Might I draw attention to the fact that it's still a THEORY. The biggest problem with oil at this point is that the high-pressure fields are fewer and farther between, and most of the newer fields that have been found are low-pressure ones that require different extraction methods.

Hell, the Alberta oil sands can sustain Canada and the US on their own for the next 75 years given today's growth rates. That means turning off every other source of oil.

2 new refineries are scheduled for construction in Canada, and there are 4 new fractionation refineries set for Khazakhstan (sp?) if my memory serves me. To top that off, China has plans to build new high-efficiency and high-volume refining facilities over the next 10 years to meet domestic supply, as it stands, they're buying most of their refined chemicals from Canada/US and Mid-East companies and shipping/piping them in... (If you want in interesting bit of conspiracy theory, look up how the Taliban hitched up plans to build a pipeline from Khazakhistan to China.)

Should we try and get off oil as a primary energy source? OF COURSE. It's finite, it's pollutive and destructive, and it's a bitch to clean up.

Solar/Wind/Tidal generation of electricity is the answer... but we still need all that liquid carbon, we just oughtta use it a little more carefully.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:24 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:To take this seriously...

Why is the end of democracy a bad thing? Democracy has never guaranteed freedom. Just ask the people living in Nazi Germany in the 40's or Russia today how they feel about the democracies they live in. Also, the United-States has always been a fairly weak democracy. In your presidential elections you usually have TWO choices. Two, if I may remind you, is thissssss close to just having one; and one is the same as having none. In Canada we have four valid choices for prime minister for example. A democracy just means that you elect people to act "in your best interest" and your best interest is up to them to decide, if you know what I mean.

Also, peak oil? Meh, no more oil simply means no more industrial age. Granted, this could precipitate a third world war when the reserves get low, but again who cares? Always bet on human greed to trump anything else. The oil economy's collapse will only mean that the people who control it will move on to some other way of making money. They want to stay fat and rich, count on that. And a war economy is no way to have stable wealth. Yeah, you'll get rich but it's like staying warm by burning your house. Do that for too long and you'll get a hell of a surprise. A war economy is just a way to keep the OTHER guy from making money too and forcing both of you to toss good wealth after bad in a war until the one who manages to keep the most wealth wins.

Lastly, I think people have been bred to rely on the government too damn much. Don't like this modern age of being watched? Fine. Sell everything you own, hide some food money, and go live on the street. No one will bother you. You can live for more than thirty years on less than ten grand that way.

Everyone seems to want everything at the same time. You can't have luxury, freedom, stability and wealth all at once unless you were born a millionaire. So forget it.

We have one freedom in the world, just one, and it's something that a lot of people don't have. The freedom to be a rat in the walls of the west. We are spectacularly fat and wealthy and wasteful here and there are plenty of crumbs for a clever rat to live off of.

Thanks to contributing an intelligent relevant post unlike some other people.

Nobody likes what will happen so we just gotta learn to live with it. Europe's gas prices are sky high because russia supplies them. If we had prices like that over here we would be in better shape. we are going to see a war of resources and its started already. Iraq for instance. The media actually has people thinking there were WMD, then it was about democracy (more bs lies). They are there for oil.

We are entering a new age soon.

Does anybody realize when loans are lent for automobiles, mortgages, credit cards they create bank notes with your signature. Creating money can only do one thing and thats bring debt to society so in the end theres just lots of debt. Its how banks have been operating since the early 1900s sadly enough.

Im still living my life and getting on with my activities. When gas prices go up ill drive less.

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Shifted wrote:
Quote:

And that just made me laugh, you really need to get some kind of education, because anybody with an IQ can see right through that mainstream conspiracy theory bull@!#$.

Thats the idea getting AWAY from the mainstream bull@!#$ not buying it.

How nice of you to question my IQ because of your own ignorance.

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:42 AM on j-body.org
GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE!

Friday, August 29, 2008 11:53 AM on j-body.org
Myles wrote:

Nobody likes what will happen so we just gotta learn to live with it. Europe's gas prices are sky high because russia supplies them. If we had prices like that over here we would be in better shape. we are going to see a war of resources and its started already. Iraq for instance. The media actually has people thinking there were WMD, then it was about democracy (more bs lies). They are there for oil.

Does anybody realize when loans are lent for automobiles, mortgages, credit cards they create bank notes with your signature. Creating money can only do one thing and thats bring debt to society so in the end theres just lots of debt. Its how banks have been operating since the early 1900s sadly enough.

Im still living my life and getting on with my activities. When gas prices go up ill drive less.

1. Read this: http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

You see where Iraq is on that list? Saudia Arabia is #2, and Canada almost doubles it (see Total imports per day, bottom list). So America, being in Iraq for oil, to take the #2 oil country? If our motives were oil, don't you think we would have annexed Saudi? At least have made it a province? Have you seen oil imports from there go up AT ALL since Desert Storm started? No. If America wanted to take over a country for oil, it sure would be Canada. Largest undefended border in the world, one of the smaller military forces, very small navy, very small air-force, etc.

2. Loans... there hasn't been enough gold to back up the paper and coin money since long before the 1930's. Its not how the banks have been operating, its how EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD has been operating. You think Canada, Japan, China, Europe, etc have any tangible backing to ANY of their money? Hell no.

Really by coming here and posting all of this bull@!#$ I don't have to question your intelligence, you are putting it out there for everybody to see.

Friday, August 29, 2008 12:48 PM on j-body.org
Shifted wrote:
Myles wrote:

1. Read this: http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

You see where Iraq is on that list? Saudia Arabia is #2, and Canada almost doubles it (see Total imports per day, bottom list). So America, being in Iraq for oil, to take the #2 oil country? If our motives were oil, don't you think we would have annexed Saudi? At least have made it a province? Have you seen oil imports from there go up AT ALL since Desert Storm started? No. If America wanted to take over a country for oil, it sure would be Canada. Largest undefended border in the world, one of the smaller military forces, very small navy, very small air-force, etc.

2. Loans... there hasn't been enough gold to back up the paper and coin money since long before the 1930's. Its not how the banks have been operating, its how EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD has been operating. You think Canada, Japan, China, Europe, etc have any tangible backing to ANY of their money? Hell no.

Really by coming here and posting all of this bull@!#$ I don't have to question your intelligence, you are putting it out there for everybody to see.

I think you missed my point.

America can't literally take the oil from iraq, but control it because it would be in volation of UN rules which it doesnt seem to listen to anyway so yeah I think they are stealing some oil over there for sure. They break every other law out there why not some more. The united states is/have been building military bases overseas. Why wouldnt they be stockpiling oil for themselves. Good strategy if you ask me.

I could care less what some people on the internet think of me as it has no relevance. Ignorance is bliss as some say.

Friday, August 29, 2008 1:32 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

1. You see where Iraq is on that list? Saudia Arabia is #2, and Canada almost doubles it (see Total imports per day, bottom list). So America, being in Iraq for oil, to take the #2 oil country? If our motives were oil, don't you think we would have annexed Saudi? At least have made it a province? Have you seen oil imports from there go up AT ALL since Desert Storm started? No. If America wanted to take over a country for oil, it sure would be Canada. Largest undefended border in the world, one of the smaller military forces, very small navy, very small air-force, etc.

Man, that's just what the MEDIA wants you to believe
</sarcasm>

Friday, August 29, 2008 1:44 PM on j-body.org
Myles wrote:
Shifted wrote:
Myles wrote:

I think you missed my point.

America can't literally take the oil from iraq, but control it because it would be in volation of UN rules which it doesnt seem to listen to anyway so yeah I think they are stealing some oil over there for sure. They break every other law out there why not some more. The united states is/have been building military bases overseas. Why wouldnt they be stockpiling oil for themselves. Good strategy if you ask me.

I could care less what some people on the internet think of me as it has no relevance. Ignorance is bliss as some say.

well i am old enough to remember paying $1 a gallon for gas and now i pay $4 so its compelty rational to think that oil at $100 a barrell will one day reach $300 a barrel.

you dont care what people on the internet think of you, yet you post up the stuff you do and get into debates about it. if you really didnt care you wouldn't bother posting. there are allot of oil spots out there that havn't been tapped yet. i never understood the whole going to iraq for oil premise, i mean we allready went there 10 years ago and people then were screaming were just doing it for the oil, if was about the oil we would have done it the first time dont you think? and if you think the goverment did 9/11 your completly nuts. hell the world finds out when a guy gets a blowjob under his deck don't you think they would find out about this as well? maybe its not us thats being spoonfed stuff and maybe its just you being spoon fed comspiracies because your trying to hard to stay out of the mainstream. staying out of the mainstream doesnt nessicarily make you more informed then anyone else.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 29, 2008 2:10 PM on j-body.org
We WILL NEVER run out of oil.

Thats all.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, August 29, 2008 3:18 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

because we can get back our freedom

Good because I have to take a massive sh*t and Georgie W. took all my potty paper.

Now if you will excuse me.. I need to sip coffee from me "I survived rosswell" and read public records and pretend I am ON THE INSIDEEE

"The truth is out there!!" -Fox Mulder

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Friday, August 29, 2008 5:04 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:We WILL NEVER run out of oil.

Thats all.

Chris

Sure *we* will if we never develop another energy source that renews itself faster than oil.

However, for the amount of CO2 that gets released when an oil based energy source is used: We'll likely never have to worry about it because the CO2 will hit a toxic level in the atmosphere... especially when *we're* destroying the rain forest at a rate that basically guarentees 90% of what was available in 1960 will be gone, and the CO2 removal (let alone the biodiversity) capacity will be gone as well.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:06 AM on j-body.org
yea there will be an end to oil and it will be during this century, however before its out, it will become too expensive to the point nobody can afford it and other solutions will arise

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:21 AM on j-body.org
Yep, Armageddon is just around the corner, especially if you buy into every conspiracy theory with a website...

RandomGuy 171 wrote:GEORGE BUSH HATES BLACK PEOPLE!

Rodimus Prime wrote:yea there will be an end to oil and it will be during this century

Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:13 AM on j-body.org
wow some of you are just plain stupid. conspiracy? We have no resources left. We have too many people on the planet. Every economy is going to go down following the united states. Were @!#$, well a good chunk of people on this planet are. This kind of population is completely out of control. Why must everyone have kids theres plenty of them to live on. 1 kid per 2 adults is more than enough to sustain a society. when you have more it becomes unsustainable just like society these days. The roman empire fell and this one rose to the top. what do you possibly think will happen, just look at history and you will find the answer. Everything has gone to @!#$ if you haven't noticed everywhere. Where can you even get on the idea were doing ok. Ignorance and denial are my 2 guesses at some of these childish replies.

Im over the fact that most people on this planet consume too many resources that are not infinite. People are so into living 'their lives' when its not their lives they are living but just mass media and ignoring reality. Nobody even wants to discuss how @!#$ we are and what to do about it but some of you create arguments in disbelief of whats really happening because you really do not know very much. History repeats itself and has been for the past few thousand years its pretty funny actually. If one can't laugh at human stupidity what else is there to live for because it consumes everything. Because of it space exploration may not have a future anymore unless a new form of energy was found something along the lines of nuclear maybe. Solar and wind are good sources of power but there isnt enough to save everyone.

The movie who killed the electric car is a good documentary. Profiteers did not like the idea of electric cars saving the planet so it was replaced with hydrogen which uses more oil producing the new fuel than it does saving the environment. Look at roads on google earth. They seem to go around in circles, dead ends just like society has become. it doesnt even know whats next because nobody told them yet.

Go ahead and ignore the facts and believe whatever you want because your probably not capable of surviving on your own. Some replies tells me some of the people believe in god (not real) but don't believe in peak oil (real). Im not even going to explain the stupidity behind this idea because its pretty clear for somebody. Belief is not even relevant to anything on this planet as it serves no purpose in living.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:07 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Peak oil is an interesting theory.

Might I draw attention to the fact that it's still a THEORY. The biggest problem with oil at this point is that the high-pressure fields are fewer and farther between, and most of the newer fields that have been found are low-pressure ones that require different extraction methods.

Hell, the Alberta oil sands can sustain Canada and the US on their own for the next 75 years given today's growth rates. That means turning off every other source of oil.

2 new refineries are scheduled for construction in Canada, and there are 4 new fractionation refineries set for Khazakhstan (sp?) if my memory serves me. To top that off, China has plans to build new high-efficiency and high-volume refining facilities over the next 10 years to meet domestic supply, as it stands, they're buying most of their refined chemicals from Canada/US and Mid-East companies and shipping/piping them in... (If you want in interesting bit of conspiracy theory, look up how the Taliban hitched up plans to build a pipeline from Khazakhistan to China.)

Should we try and get off oil as a primary energy source? OF COURSE. It's finite, it's pollutive and destructive, and it's a bitch to clean up.

Solar/Wind/Tidal generation of electricity is the answer... but we still need all that liquid carbon, we just oughtta use it a little more carefully.

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Sure *we* will if we never develop another energy source that renews itself faster than oil.

However, for the amount of CO2 that gets released when an oil based energy source is used: We'll likely never have to worry about it because the CO2 will hit a toxic level in the atmosphere... especially when *we're* destroying the rain forest at a rate that basically guarentees 90% of what was available in 1960 will be gone, and the CO2 removal (let alone the biodiversity) capacity will be gone as well.

see, this is why I love reading this guy's posts.. his points are vaild, make perfect sense, and dont run on for days and days... this oil crisis everyne is talking about isnt gonna matter soon, 'cause with the rate of pollution versus the rate of domesticating the land (i.e. cutting down trees to make room for commerce), there wont be enough trees to produce enough oxygen for everyone, especially not enough to contend with the amount of carbon that will undoubtedly build up in the atmosphere. I never got to see the Electric Car documentary, altho I'm dying to.. just another example of greed on the behalf of the conglomorates (sp?), 'cause they dont care what the consequences of their actions are, as long as its puttin that green paper in their pockets. or if you believe in the Mayans, we'll all be wiped out in 2012 when the galaxy decides to to take a sh*t on us, and knock off the Earth's axis, 'causing mass flooding and earthquakes.. that is, if you believe that. personally, I believe we'll see the rapture before then.. yes, I am a man of faith

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:29 AM on j-body.org
GAM and Shifted ftw
Myles, the whole point to a good debate is to see the other side and dispute it, not bash whatever argument is made that does not agree with yours

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search