Peak Oil/End of Democracy - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Peak Oil/End of Democracy
Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:07 PM on j-body.org
CFJ: If you believe in the 2012 theory, you may disappointed to learn it already happened (2007).... The planetary alignment happened then, and... well... nothing happened. Same as in 2000... and 1983... and 1962... and... well... you get the idea.

Winter solstice 2012 will come... and go... just like the Millenium, just like the shift out of the age of Pisces and into the age of Aquarius... I'm not gonna say the earth abideth forever, but I really wish people would shut the f*ck up more often than they talk about things they really don't understand. (Not aiming that at yourself in particular, but I've heard this as much as I've heard about the Y2K world implosion.. well... I guess the world did implode because Gilligan managed to get into the Whitehouse)

Myles: Before you say I'm ignoring facts, you might want to acquaint yourself with the facts a little more intimately than you did with a couple of Youtube/google videos.

The issue is by far more complex and more involved than you can really distill down to a few 2 hour documentary feature.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 01, 2008 3:16 PM on j-body.org
Nothing bad will happen... we will never run out of oil, and why are people in north America really trying to do something with how WE pollute.. when the bad @!#$ is over in china and south America.....

we are all safe.

we will never run out of oil.

Bush did a hell of a lot better then kerry or egore would have.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 01, 2008 3:30 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch: you can't talk about what someone didn't do. Besides, Bush's plan for the environment is to basically do nothing... Well, except for gutting the Environmental Superfund that paid for cleanup of really nasty spills and other rife pollution. China makes for a lot of pollution, but really... they have 3 times the people, they have rural electrification, and they don't have as many clean power sources as the US has access to (and doesn't make real use of). They'll get better once they too get off fossil fuel.

Running out of oil isn't the problem: running out of clean air to breathe, and not being cooked when you go outside is.

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:04 PM on j-body.org
More CO2=more trees.

in the case of bush not doing anything,..... EVERY cent spent has to start in CONGRESS....and we all know this liberal congress is .....well, actually, what are they doing?...

and it was congress that said, we cant use nuclear power......forgot what one though.

This plaint will take care of its self.

we wont run out of oil, the air is and will be safe to breath in 100 years.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:09 PM on j-body.org
well if we quit wasting several billion a day in some stupid sand $#$%^#er country , maybe we could find a solution

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 01, 2008 4:09 PM

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, September 01, 2008 4:54 PM on j-body.org
go back to school and do it then!

all you who love to bitch and moan about how bad others are doing, WTF are you doing about it?

Chris

Monday, September 01, 2008 5:10 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:all you who love to bitch and moan about how bad others are doing, WTF are you doing about it?
Complaining about it on the JBO, duh.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Monday, September 01, 2008 5:34 PM on j-body.org
well sadly i alone do not have the power to control the military

Monday, September 01, 2008 5:46 PM on j-body.org
No its not sad, as you never held a commission, nor were enlisted.

Now, if you were to get a 4 year degree, do 6 years in the Marines, run for congress, then run for president, THEN you may have a say.

Chris

Monday, September 01, 2008 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:More CO2=more trees.

in the case of bush not doing anything,..... EVERY cent spent has to start in CONGRESS....and we all know this liberal congress is .....well, actually, what are they doing?...

and it was congress that said, we cant use nuclear power......forgot what one though.

Chris
Chris: Seriously.

1: More CO2 !=More Trees. You have to plant trees and stop cutting them down in order to have more trees. Look at Rain Forest Deforestation and tell me that there isn't a problem. Deciduous and evergreen trees don't remove the same amount of CO2 as Rain Forests either. BTW: you did know that Photosynthesis requires not only a living plant but also water from the ground as well, right?

2: Bush had a REPUBLICAN controlled Congress and Senate for 6 years... He also controls Whitehouse appropriations. He also (illegally) used signing statements to appropriate as much money as he needed to for anything... even in unrelated bills. How in God's name do you think he was able to take the greatest surpluses in American history (projected to $800 Billion in 2013, this was after universal healthcare, Education reform, Prison reform, Nation-wide ultra-high speed Internet implementation, and full funding of Social Security for all baby boomers and the generations after them up until their great-grandchildren, and all the pork barrell spending initiatives that have been inflating defence budgeting for 50 years.. all that paid for and you still have $800 Billion left over at the end of the year.. terrible what fiscal restraint under a Democratic President gets you eh?) and turned them into record deficits (ie, you're not even covering your interest payments, try that with a credit card and see what kind of hot water that leaves you in... Your President has landed you there with the Republican controlled senate and congress applauding merrily away)? Seriously, I want to hear the explanation of this, otherwise I seriously suggest you turn off Fox, put down Ann Coulter's lovely bit of textual diarrhoea hackery and please stop listening to Rush Limbaugh's jowls flap in righteous indignation. Please start reading the actual information and please start thinking for yourself... don't let your only brain atrophy.

There's a reason why George W Bush's 2 terms have been a colossal failure. He's always been first to tell you what is wrong, and sell you a disingenuous bill of goods that is what he and his ilk (ie. extremely privileged, extremely wealthy and incredibly well connected people that have no interest in the common good outside their tax bracket) want you do think is best for you... because it's what's best for them. Seriously, when was the last time in recorded human history that taxation cuts happened in a time of war? Never... know why? Because it's a monumentally stupid idea. This is just the visible part of the iceberg of fiscal insipidness the Bush Administrations have foisted on you the people.

3: Congress never said you can't use Nuclear power... if that happened over 1/3 of the US would be in the dark. They said no new reactors could be built within X miles of a current installation or a major population centre... This was back under the jack-booted heel of that incredibly tyrannical Democratic President Ronald Reagan. (No, I didn't get that wrong, it's Irony. See 3 mile Island incident for the reason why you don't want a privately operated nuclear power plant in your backyard.)

4: Yeah, you're right.. it will. We'll just be committing mass-suicide while run-away desertification kills the methods that the earth uses to get rid of CO2... well... that and about 99% of higher life forms including us humans. No, this is entirely self-interest I'm talking about. I'd like to see humans living a little more sustainably, because that means we'd be living a bit longer than if we were dumping hundreds of metric tons of industrial fall out into the ocean of air we use to breathe. If you want to get the bigger picture, think of it this way: Tape up and seal every opening in your garage with the car in there.... Then, start up your car and stay in it for 2-3 hours... get the picture? We're in the car... and we're filling up the garage (ie our atmosphere) with carbon dioxide and other crap that was at one point actually sunk underground and in liquid form... long term survivability is pretty much zero if we keep up what we're doing at the pace we're going at. (I'm also not excusing Canada in this picture: We're fu*king stupid to be selling you 40% of your oil diet at a capped $35 per barrel.)

5: Really? how's about this: go to the Los Angeles Valley on a high smog day and tell me that. Or... Toronto, or Tokyo, Beijing, New York, London... Have I made my point? There's a reason there's a LOT more kids these days that have asthma and other susceptibilities to environmental fall-out: it's because of the @!#$ we're pumping into the air. I'm going to refer back to the car in the garage analogy, low lying Ozone has been accumulating in high-population areas in greater concentrations causing air quality to become a lot less breathable than it was even 35 years ago.

I'm not going to rip you a new one on this, but Taetsch: what you just posted is either incredibly understated comedy, or easily the most silly post I've read since I've been on JBO. And that's saying a lot either way.

Monday, September 01, 2008 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:No its not sad, as you never held a commission, nor were enlisted.

Now, if you were to get a 4 year degree, do 6 years in the Marines, run for congress, then run for president, THEN you may have a say.

Chris

You do know that GW Bush didn't fulfill any but the first condition you pointed out, right?

And to top it off, he didn't even do 100% of his time in the Texas or Alabama ANG and had to get comped 75 credits worth of time, at a time when most ANG enlistees were getting 300 credits a year.... right?

Come to think of it... neither did... well... GHW Bush, Reagan, Clinton (given, but he got a degree in Law and a Rhodes' Scholarship during Vietnam, so I think we can forgive him that), Carter, Nixon.... hell...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:32 AM on j-body.org
No wonder canadians are so gahy.

There all tree huggers!

matty, I didn’t read all that you posted, and I wont, call it what you like, but you really seem to love to put yourself above all others.... we could do that one on one.. see who comes out the victor there...

That you can blame on me just being a silly American.

Chris

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:36 AM on j-body.org
Ya-all know oil prices are going down, right?

Chris

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:47 AM on j-body.org
Clearly you dont need a degree to be president - Look at dubya his dad paid for his and he's still stupid as @!#$

You dont need to be in the military to be president, I think we have had far too many military "my way or the highway" people in office in the first place, Thats why we are on such @!#$ty terms with the rest of the world. Yes that is important because of China and Russia did team up, they could most certainly kick our ass.

You think going around the world playing Team America world police all in the name of "serving your country" makes you some sort of expert on how to run a country? Your full of @!#$. We need more ppl in office that actually live in this country and have to work a real job and have to pay bills, dont get free living, healthcare and benefits, etc. They have a much better understanding of the world the majority of us live in.

Its morons like you that will cause the human race to starve to death within the next 100 years, but you dont care because you like to pass the buck, pass the national debt to someone else, etc

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:46 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:No wonder canadians are so gahy.

There all tree huggers!

matty, I didn’t read all that you posted, and I wont, call it what you like, but you really seem to love to put yourself above all others.... we could do that one on one.. see who comes out the victor there...

Chris

No, Chris... If you're not even going to bother reading then you might as well keep your fingers in your ears too.

If you think it's self-love... whatever. I'm explaining a point. If you want to stay ignorant keep your head in the sand.

I don't blame you for being a silly American, just being silly.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:34 AM on j-body.org
Myles wrote:wow some of you are just plain stupid. conspiracy? We have no resources left. We have too many people on the planet. Every economy is going to go down following the united states. Were @!#$, well a good chunk of people on this planet are. This kind of population is completely out of control. Why must everyone have kids theres plenty of them to live on. 1 kid per 2 adults is more than enough to sustain a society. when you have more it becomes unsustainable just like society these days. The roman empire fell and this one rose to the top. what do you possibly think will happen, just look at history and you will find the answer. Everything has gone to @!#$ if you haven't noticed everywhere. Where can you even get on the idea were doing ok. Ignorance and denial are my 2 guesses at some of these childish replies.

Im over the fact that most people on this planet consume too many resources that are not infinite. People are so into living 'their lives' when its not their lives they are living but just mass media and ignoring reality. Nobody even wants to discuss how @!#$ we are and what to do about it but some of you create arguments in disbelief of whats really happening because you really do not know very much. History repeats itself and has been for the past few thousand years its pretty funny actually. If one can't laugh at human stupidity what else is there to live for because it consumes everything. Because of it space exploration may not have a future anymore unless a new form of energy was found something along the lines of nuclear maybe. Solar and wind are good sources of power but there isnt enough to save everyone.

The movie who killed the electric car is a good documentary. Profiteers did not like the idea of electric cars saving the planet so it was replaced with hydrogen which uses more oil producing the new fuel than it does saving the environment. Look at roads on google earth. They seem to go around in circles, dead ends just like society has become. it doesnt even know whats next because nobody told them yet.

Go ahead and ignore the facts and believe whatever you want because your probably not capable of surviving on your own. Some replies tells me some of the people believe in god (not real) but don't believe in peak oil (real). Im not even going to explain the stupidity behind this idea because its pretty clear for somebody. Belief is not even relevant to anything on this planet as it serves no purpose in living.

please, do not reproduce

Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:42 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:No wonder canadians are so gahy.

There all tree huggers!

Chris
If you are too lazy to read then why aren't you too lazy to have an opinion?

That is not a GAM vs you thing. Get that whole "us vs them" mentality as far out of your head as possible - its VERY apparent and a distraction from dealing with real issues. You just need to learn to check your facts and not get pissed if your opinions don't match the facts.

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:More CO2=more trees.

Chris
Your scientific basis (for any of those statements) is....?

The only thing I agree with is that Congress is currently useless. But I like a do-nothing congress better than the previous @!#$-up-America-as-much-as-possible congress.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:48 PM on j-body.org
There are more trees in North America then in 1492.

All you anti us people... make me glad you’re a minority.

Also, how is it that people on a CAR forum and worried about there tail pipe emissions?

Chris

Thursday, September 04, 2008 4:34 PM on j-body.org
Really?

And to whom should you credit the information that there are more trees? You DO realize that there was never a comprehensive forestry study in North America before 1900 (which is a shade over 200 years after Columbus landed in THE BAHAMAS).
2: There was also next to no Indian tribes near Mountain ranges, most of them were in low-land and prairie areas, so... The Mid-west and east are losing forested areas, and even the western areas are losing forested area to an unknown disease.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:30 PM on j-body.org
Then I guess the scientist that wrote my earth science book was wrong.

Oh well

We are all going to die from Co2.. Look out!

Chris

Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:53 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:There are more trees in North America then in 1492.

All you anti us people... make me glad you’re a minority.

Also, how is it that people on a CAR forum and worried about there tail pipe emissions?

Chris
Um a so called fact like that needs a reference. Thanks.

And exactly where do you get off thinking that anyone who DARES question your beliefs is "anti-US?" People on the internet have some nerve. That is a total load of crap right there.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, September 05, 2008 4:56 AM on j-body.org
good thing you people on the internet were not the ones that were alive back in 76.

because you all are really a bunch of hypocrites. your here because of cars... cars that are sucking all the very small amount of oil we have (in school, back in 92 we where "taught" that we would run out by 01) and are going to all die from Co2 asphyxiation!

lame.

so yes, if you want to, look up what i said, you are not worth my time.

Chris

Friday, September 05, 2008 5:02 AM on j-body.org
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm going to go drive my GTO and wast gas with my BIG BAD V8!.. Right now...

I can feel my lungs dieing already!

Chris

Friday, September 05, 2008 8:47 AM on j-body.org
Well thats the attitude most ppl have, oh its not effecting me that means the danger isnt real. By the time it does directly effect you its going to be far too late to stop.

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:45 AM on j-body.org
thats why you got a biger supercharger.....

Right?

Chirs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search