Guys, seriously, we really need to stop - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Guys, seriously, we really need to stop
Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:53 AM on j-body.org
Cindy McCain is getting offended.

Quote:

(CNN) – Cindy McCain told an interviewer that she was "offended by Barack Obama" and other Democrats who have been hammering her husband John McCain for being unable to immediately answer a question about how many homes he owns.

"I'm offended by Barack Obama saying that about my husband," she told ABC News in an interview set to air Sunday. Asked if she thought Obama had gone too far in his criticism, she said "I do. I do. I really do."

Re: Guys, seriously, we really need to stop
Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:29 PM on j-body.org

Sunday, August 31, 2008 12:35 PM on j-body.org
like people don't know there both rich. One guy dosent know how many house he has and the other guy
had a criminal pay for the land around his.
Sunday, August 31, 2008 3:12 PM on j-body.org
You know, when I was 16, I lost count of how many Comic books I had so I sat down for a couple hours and counted them out... 3400.

You know what?

If you're losing count of your homes:

YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FUCKING MONEY!!!

Sorry, that had to be said.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 5:54 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:You know, when I was 16, I lost count of how many Comic books I had so I sat down for a couple hours and counted them out... 3400.

You know what?

If you're losing count of your homes:

YOU HAVE TOO MUCH @!#$ MONEY!!!

Sorry, that had to be said.
...or you're loosing your mind. No matter how rich I was, I might not even know how much money I had exactly(I'd know at least within 10,000 of the real figure), but I cannot see even Warren Buffet loosing track of how many houses he owns. Something like that is basic personal info. Someone should ask McCain if he knows his own phone #(or at least one of them, I'm sure he has plenty). That is right up there with forgetting what your favorite color is or forgetting which day New Years Eve falls on.

carnivorous mouse wrote:like people don't know there both rich. One guy dosent know how many house he has and the other guy
had a criminal pay for the land around his.
Rezko didn't buy Obama land, he sold him land adjacent to Obama's own house. They just happened to be neighbors(not so unlikely since well-to-do people do tend to live in their own areas together). If my neighbor wants to sell me land that I want for a reasonable price - He can be a drug dealer, pimp, or mafia boss for all I care - I'm buying it.

I'm sure if someone went through all the records(and chances are someone will before the election is done), chances are high that McCain has had bought/sold/ or had other business dealings with shady people - and he may or may have not known about their dealings at the time. I'd bet somewhere along the lines he has. I'm sure most of us have too whether we knew it or not.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Sunday, August 31, 2008 9:36 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
Rezko didn't buy Obama land, he sold him land adjacent to Obama's own house. They just happened to be neighbors(not so unlikely since well-to-do people do tend to live in their own areas together). If my neighbor wants to sell me land that I want for a reasonable price - He can be a drug dealer, pimp, or mafia boss for all I care - I'm buying it.

I'm sure if someone went through all the records(and chances are someone will before the election is done), chances are high that McCain has had bought/sold/ or had other business dealings with shady people - and he may or may have not known about their dealings at the time. I'd bet somewhere along the lines he has. I'm sure most of us have too whether we knew it or not.

Actually, according to CNN, Obama wanted to buy the house but he couldn't afford it because the seller would only sell it with the empty lot next door. Next thing you know Rezko buys the empty lot and Obama can suddenly afford the house. The, according to Wikipedia, Rezko sold Obama a 10 foot strip of the empty lot to him which makes Rezko's lot less buildable. Why would a real estate developer by land for $625,000 and not develop it but let it sit empty instead? I'm sure there's a good reason.

Monday, September 01, 2008 6:11 AM on j-body.org
Zero: Tell me which would be worth more money, an empty lot that's owned by a junior Senator, or a Lot that has a big-ass house on it that is adjacent to The President's house?

Timing means everything. If he loses a little time and the lot value doesn't go up as much as he'd like, he's not really out a major amount of money, but if he jumps the gun, develops and sells before November (which would be a little weird, since it'd take a bit more than 6 months to put together a house on property that expensive), he'd lose out on a serious chunk of cash.

Selling a 10 foot strip is a little odd, but (getting back on topic) losing track of the number of homes you own... that's not a good sign for someone that may elect as President. (Just to say unless anyone gets me wrong: I like John McCain, I think he's a good man and a very good senator, and he should have won out against Gilligan in 99-2000, but I don't think he'll be the better choice for President this go around.)

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 01, 2008 6:50 AM on j-body.org
Whats really funny is her excuse is John's parents were in the Navy..........ok? He's what 72, so that means 1920s and 1930s. So what if they were none of us were alive during WWI to really care!

What the hell does that have to do with being rich and out of rouch with the average American suffering from the failed republican economic policies?

This man clearly lives in the last century not the one the rest of us are living in

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search