Bridge to nowhere - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bridge to nowhere
Friday, September 19, 2008 2:33 AM on j-body.org
Per a speech yesterday by Palin: "That's exactly what we are going to do in a Palin/McCain Administration!"

Man she demoted him already!

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:30 AM on j-body.org
I should have clarified. I'd like Wade to provide proof that factcheck.org is biased, and to provide the unbiased alternative.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Friday, September 19, 2008 8:02 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:I should have clarified. I'd like Wade to provide proof that factcheck.org is biased, and to provide the unbiased alternative.
I think you misunderstood. I'm NOT claiming factcheck..org is biased and/or inaccurate. I think its legit. I was just saying that Neo-Cons will NEVER trust any site that ever says anything unfavorable about one of their own - because in their heads "it surely must be a liberal lie." Republicans can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a lying. The sooner you learn that the better.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, September 19, 2008 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
OHV notec wrote:I should have clarified. I'd like Wade to provide proof that factcheck.org is biased, and to provide the unbiased alternative.
I think you misunderstood. I'm NOT claiming factcheck..org is biased and/or inaccurate. I think its legit.
I know you're not, but Wade did, that's why I want him to provide backup for his opinion.
Bastardking3000 wrote:I was just saying that Neo-Cons will NEVER trust any site that ever says anything unfavorable about one of their own - because in their heads "it surely must be a liberal lie." Republicans can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a lying. The sooner you learn that the better.
You could substitute "Democrats" for "Republicans" and the statement would still hold true. Until we stop putting "D" or "R" next to people's names, nothing is going to change, the real issues will continue to be neglected, and positive legislature will continue to be blocked along party lines.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:10 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:
I think you misunderstood. I'm NOT claiming factcheck..org is biased and/or inaccurate. I think its legit.
I know you're not, but Wade did, that's why I want him to provide backup for his opinion.
Bastardking3000 wrote:I was just saying that Neo-Cons will NEVER trust any site that ever says anything unfavorable about one of their own - because in their heads "it surely must be a liberal lie." Republicans can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a lying. The sooner you learn that the better.
You could substitute "Democrats" for "Republicans" and the statement would still hold true. Until we stop putting "D" or "R" next to people's names, nothing is going to change, the real issues will continue to be neglected, and positive legislature will continue to be blocked along party lines.

I understand you wanting me to provide proof. As I mentioned once before I had a perfect example lined up almost 6 months ago. I am having a hard time remembering exactly what was said and how I proved it wrong. Believe me at this point I want to prove it worse than you can possibly believe. I am not going to just throw something up until I am 100% sure I have researched it and can prove it. At this point I had better be right or I will get pounced on like no other and I know this.

Some people seem to think I believe McCain is a savior. I am well aware he is a politician and I don't believe just because somone has an R or D next to their name they are always right or wrong. I can point out plenty of places where I think McCain has screwed up, flip flopped ect. The reason I attack Obama is because he claims not to be the typical politician and people think he is so much better than the rest of them.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:40 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:You could substitute "Democrats" for "Republicans" and the statement would still hold true. Until we stop putting "D" or "R" next to people's names, nothing is going to change, the real issues will continue to be neglected, and positive legislature will continue to be blocked along party lines.
True enough - I just see that alot more with Neo-cons. But yeah radical left people are the same way I've certainly noticed. For example Fox News is well known for their bias - but that doesn't mean that everything they say is patently false just because they said it. But to the kinda people that frequent DailyKOS etc - they pretty well think that anything from Fox is a lie. If Fox said the sky was blue, they wouldn't believe it.

That is why I cannot be a part of any political party. They want you to choose from the Blue Kool-aid or the Red Kool-aid. I want neither.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search