Dear Mr. Obama - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dear Mr. Obama
Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:22 AM on j-body.org
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

And for those who so quickly forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD22elf8roo

I lost a cousin at the Pentagon and a nephew in Iraq. Please enjoy your freedom.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: Dear Mr. Obama
Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:44 AM on j-body.org
and what do we get in return for paying this cost of freedom other than dead bodies coming back home and ruining our economy?

Gratitude? They will stab us in the back just like every other nation we have ever helped or saved. France, Japan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia just to name a few

let them kill each other, because as soon as we no longer need oil thats what we will do, just like we ignore a real crisis like the genocide that occurs in Africa because theres no financial interest there for us

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:46 AM on j-body.org
Oh, i cant watch that second one today....

Anyways, Thank you for posting that up.

Cpl Chis Taetsch
USMC
Keep up the Fight, Semper FI

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:49 AM on j-body.org
If you think that bringing in the Patriot Act, and denying Habeas Corpus are protecting your freedoms you need a lesson in History.

Going into IRAQ was NEVER about American freedoms and has no relation to the events of September 11th. The republican party will @!#$ us over for another 4->8 years if you let them.

-Chris

Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:08 AM on j-body.org
I did not watch either link.

And I am a true believer in the freedoms the constitution speaks of.

But as I am only a few hours past having to remove my clothing and open my baggage for search and inspection...
Because I was in the process of committing a crime, or at least I guess I had to be because the 4th amendment says I would not be going through that unless I was or had committed a crime...
And that crime, as it turns out (I had no idea it was one), was the intent to use a mass transportation system to travel from NC to MI...

I have to ask...

WHERE IS THIS FREEDOM YOU SPEAK OF ME ENJOYING?????

I may want to move to that country.

sig not found
Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:22 AM on j-body.org
protomec wrote:I did not watch either link.

And I am a true believer in the freedoms the constitution speaks of.

But as I am only a few hours past having to remove my clothing and open my baggage for search and inspection...
Because I was in the process of committing a crime, or at least I guess I had to be because the 4th amendment says I would not be going through that unless I was or had committed a crime...
And that crime, as it turns out (I had no idea it was one), was the intent to use a mass transportation system to travel from NC to MI...

I have to ask...

WHERE IS THIS FREEDOM YOU SPEAK OF ME ENJOYING?????

I may want to move to that country.

No offense but this kind of @!#$ really gets to me. Sure the TSA and other governmental agancys may have have imposed restrictions you and I don't like. I know all about them as I work at the airport for my second job.

If you don't think you have freedom here in the US then you obviously take it for granted and are unaware of just how bad it could be in other countrys. What is more is that our government will not stop you from moving. So if you don't like just STFU and GTFO!

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:28 AM on j-body.org
Sorry for your minor inconvenience.

Perhaps at the end of your travel day you could just say thank you to the next person you see in uniform. Thank you that my means of pubilc,mass transportation was not hijacked and used for a weapon of mass destruction. Thank you for at least trying to keep me safe with your very life on the line.

Maybe we have become much to complacent in our freedoms...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:31 AM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:If you think that bringing in the Patriot Act, and denying Habeas Corpus are protecting your freedoms you need a lesson in History.

Going into IRAQ was NEVER about American freedoms and has no relation to the events of September 11th. The republican party will @!#$ us over for another 4->8 years if you let them.

You would know after all I am sure you were privy to all the info the president was at the time. /sarcasm

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:36 AM on j-body.org
Yea we all are alot more free since 9/11 ......................

The only ppl I know in uniform are drunks that waive thier guns and badges around like they are jesus and deserve some sort of special treatment, not to mention all the military @!#$s that come into our store and want everything for free just because they are military.

Perhaps if our national guard was used to defend this country and help its own citizens during times of national disaster I would feel a bit more gratitude.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:41 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:The only ppl I know in uniform are drunks that waive thier guns and badges around like they are jesus and deserve some sort of special treatment, not to mention all the military @!#$s that come into our store and want everything for free just because they are military.

they do deserve special treatment. they put their life on the line so you can sit here and @!#$ bitch about them.

read the sig. under the pic.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:43 AM on j-body.org
Serving in Iraq is of absolutely no benefit to this nation financially, security, or improving relations with any part of the world.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:49 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Serving in Iraq is of absolutely no benefit to this nation financially, security, or improving relations with any part of the world.

maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. what kind of expert are you to make that determining factor? what knowledge do YOU personally have that the President and Joint Chiefs of Staff don't have? we're talking FACT here, not your personal opinion that you've most likely gained from the mass media. you don't know, I don't know, nor does anyone on this forum know all of the facts and details that occurred.

and before you go generalizing all uniformed individuals like that, you should really sit back and educate yourself as to what they do. grow up and educate yourself, before you say the wrong thing and some Marine or Navy Seal knocks your dick in the dirt.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:59 AM on j-body.org
Well sadly our government isnt upfront and honest with its citizens so its really hard to say isnt it? I don't generalize ppl, I only go by what I see on a daily basis. Your job doesnt make you a god or better than anyone else, and to be quite honest alot of these kids that come in are about a 140lbs straight out of hs less than 6 feet tall and I have no idea how they would kick anyones ass. So I really don't have anything to worry about.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:59 AM on j-body.org
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Sorry for your minor inconvenience.

Perhaps at the end of your travel day you could just say thank you to the next person you see in uniform. Thank you that my means of pubilc,mass transportation was not hijacked and used for a weapon of mass destruction. Thank you for at least trying to keep me safe with your very life on the line.

isnt the point of terrorism to inflict the most amount of damage and loss of life. If you have a wmd and want to get on a plane so you can blow it up your one retarded ass terrorist. If a person wants to do something, they will do it. But in order to inflict it, destroying a airport will be more significant than destroying one plane. And to achieve that all you have to do is drive up to it, and walk into the check in station. There is no form a security there its only when you get into the terminal itself do you have security and to follow procedure.

Yea we should all feel really safe shouldn't we? Maybe in small towns they have security everywhere but in major cities its going to happen whether you like it or not. Their isn't anything to stop it from occurring.

And for those who think Iraq was to protect our "freedom" are you paying attention to the same war as the rest of the country? The real war that is for our freedom we are losing because some jackass in the white house wanted to go into another country. So save that hypocritical crap about fighting for freedom, when freedom has slowly started to trickle away, because son's and daughters are fighting and dying for a war they don't believe in. And they fight so they can go to college with the money they're supposed to be paid and receive the prestige of being in the military. People fight so they can better themselves, or they believe everything is like how you see it in the history books.

And every country has its forms of freedom and its forms of tyranny, don't think the United states is at the top of the list when it comes to freedom....

The movies I'll watch later and give my thought on them

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:35 AM on j-body.org
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:
maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. what kind of expert are you to make that determining factor? what knowledge do YOU personally have that the President and Joint Chiefs of Staff don't have? we're talking FACT here, not your personal opinion that you've most likely gained from the mass media. you don't know, I don't know, nor does anyone on this forum know all of the facts and details that occurred.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.

I totally agree with FReQ Z

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:53 AM on j-body.org
Bubba wrote:
isnt the point of terrorism to inflict the most amount of damage and loss of life. If you have a wmd and want to get on a plane so you can blow it up your one retarded ass terrorist. If a person wants to do something, they will do it. But in order to inflict it, destroying a airport will be more significant than destroying one plane. And to achieve that all you have to do is drive up to it, and walk into the check in station. There is no form a security there its only when you get into the terminal itself do you have security and to follow procedure.

Yea we should all feel really safe shouldn't we? Maybe in small towns they have security everywhere but in major cities its going to happen whether you like it or not. Their isn't anything to stop it from occurring.

ALERT

Coming from someone who knows (me) you are flat out wrong. I would highly advise you don't put your self out there sounding like an expert when you don't know @!#$.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:32 AM on j-body.org
Have you walked into airports in a major traveled city? Are you checked in the door or when you get to the terminal. I know here we have NWK which is Newark Liberty Airport, does that name ring a bell? It should because thats were the aircraft used in 911 came from. All you need to walk into that airport is a flight ticket after that you have free range till you get to the the terminal check-in station which than splits up to the different areas of the airport. So you have quite a span of walk around room if a person wants to commit a act of terrorism. Yea and at any given day NWK is packed like a city. Same thing goes for JFK, I've been to both within the past 2 years, since I travel a lot. Thats two big airports that are RIGHT next to an area which terrorist have attacked before. So for me not knowing anything you must be mistaken, I actually like to know what goes on around in my area. Since it has been attacked before and has been in the eyes of terrorist for a while.

Also answer me this when was the last time you saw an act of terrorism in or around the city you live? I dont think Des Moise really has anything worth while to commit an act of terrorism. It's not like its a Financial center or holds the stock exchange or anything of that nature. Maybe the airport you work in is capable of having security for every person that walks in that door, but as I said if someone wants to commit terrorism they will. All you can do is postpone it...

Now for the video's I finally finished watching them. And I gotta say is yea a life lost isn't a mistake, but pushing a democracy is no different than pushing communist beliefs. Fighting for someone elses freedom at the cost of your sons and daughters, isn't needed. As stated above I don't see the U.S. protecting the genocide countries in Africa. I guess thats because there isn't a financial factor there. There is a reason we are in Iraq, but it isnt for the belief of freedom. Its for something else, a strategic placement of troops in the middle east.

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:55 AM on j-body.org
i fail to see how this is related to Obama at all

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:45 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Serving in Iraq is of absolutely no benefit to this nation financially, security, or improving relations with any part of the world.

QFT

And before you say "the troops defend your right to say things like that" well no they don't. Our grandfathers fought for our rights to be free and live in a free world. There has not been an attack by any nation on our soil since WWII plain and simple, therefore there is no threat to my freedom, the only threat to my freedom is my government taking away my freedom in the name of security, security from what, terrorists? The way to stop terrorism is to stop pouring gas on the fire, not by taking my rights away to try and "prevent" it. If there is ever an attack by a foreign nation on our soil I will be the first to stand up and go fight. Iraq has nothing to do with our security here in the US. The only thing we accomplish by being in Iraq is fueling the hate that terrorists have for this country, why do they hate us, because we stick our nose into their affairs and we have no right to do so. If the people of Iraq as a whole wanted to be free they would have stood up to thief oppressors just as our forefathers did to England. Some in Iraq tried and failed, they failed because it was not the whole country standing up to oust the regime that was in power before we stepped in, that says to me that a majority of the country did not want to be free. If the majority of the people over there would have wanted a western style democracy they would have stood up and fought for it, they didn't and I do not feel sorry for them, nor do I feel it is our job as a country to do it for them.

FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:

You are correct we do not have the intel that the government has. So how do you know the were right to begin with? The coin has two sides, your blind Republitard defense of a crooked administration does not make this war right. The people have to question the decisions our government makes in all affairs, the problem is the government does not want you to have all the "FACTS" because then we would all realize how crooked and @!#$ up our leaders have become. How can I tell if they did the right thing if they wont let me know the whole story? How can YOU tell if they did the right thing if YOU do not know the whole story either.

FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:
and before you go generalizing all uniformed individuals like that, you should really sit back and educate yourself as to what they do. grow up and educate yourself, before you say the wrong thing and some Marine or Navy Seal knocks your dick in the dirt.

Please "educate" me what do they do? I am a little fuzzy on this, do they protect American interests or US government interests abroad?

Since when does someones opinion give the right to a Marine or a Navy Seal to knock anyones dick in the dirt?

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:46 AM on j-body.org
themarin8r wrote:i fail to see how this is related to Obama at all

Because Republicans said so.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:05 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:

You are correct we do not have the intel that the government has. So how do you know the were right to begin with? The coin has two sides, your blind Republitard defense of a crooked administration does not make this war right. The people have to question the decisions our government makes in all affairs, the problem is the government does not want you to have all the "FACTS" because then we would all realize how crooked and @!#$ up our leaders have become. How can I tell if they did the right thing if they wont let me know the whole story? How can YOU tell if they did the right thing if YOU do not know the whole story either.

I was not defending this administration at all. I was pointing out that no one here can make a truly informed decision on what happened. if you don't know, don't post as if what you're saying is truth.

Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:

Please "educate" me what do they do? I am a little fuzzy on this, do they protect American interests or US government interests abroad?

Since when does someones opinion give the right to a Marine or a Navy Seal to knock anyones dick in the dirt?

fine. I am of the opinion that those that serve this country, in any capacity, DO deserve special treatment... military, police office, firefighter or otherwise. if you try to lump them all into this group of "drunks that waive their guns and badges around like they are jesus and deserve some sort of special treatment", then the military members I have known would knock your dick in the dirt.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:48 PM on j-body.org
Where's the person that claimed responsibility for 9/11? Anybody?

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!
Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:08 PM on j-body.org
It starts with the patriot act and ends with 1984...

I feel there hasn't been a war worth fighting since WWII, so I don't give soldiers any more respect than they deserve. They're just people, you know, fighting for what they believe in. It just isn't what I believe in.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:45 PM on j-body.org
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Sorry for your minor inconvenience.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

The only way "we" have become to complacent in our freedoms is in the way we freely give them up in the name of some demented feeling of "patriotism".

sig not found
Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:38 PM on j-body.org
Poor Mans Cavalier wrote:

I feel there hasn't been a war worth fighting since WWII, so I don't give soldiers any more respect than they deserve. They're just people, you know, fighting for what they believe in. It just isn't what I believe in.

werd

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search