Dear Mr. Obama - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dear Mr. McCain
Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:34 AM on j-body.org
First link that Google gave me.

I will never salute him.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:27 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:First link that Google gave me.

I will never salute him.

Chris
You can Salute Bush in good conscience?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:32 AM on j-body.org
Yes.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 15, 2008 6:41 AM on j-body.org
Knowing he couldn't complete his ANG commitment without getting comped about 75 credits? Come on man.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:22 AM on j-body.org

yes.

Chris

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:38 PM on j-body.org
Maybe i'll just paraphrase myself on this:

Your forefathers didn't fight and die for your freedoms, they fought for theirs. Unless you're willing to throw down against all comers--including the government, you'll never have the freedom your forefathers relished.

So lets stop with the @!#$ting red-white-and blue get behind the troops no matter what soapbox. Respect the troops on an individual basis for who they are as people and maybe a bit more because they're willing to fight for a cause they believe in, but putting on a uniform and acting like a douchebag is not grounds for any respect. Men and women like Saint--class act. Men and women like the ones that violated prisoners with broom handles...defenestration is too good for them.

I think the thing that many are forgetting is liberal or conservative, democrat or republican, no matter what, any politician is there for one reason--to keep their job and serve their own interests. More oven than not that means walking all over you to do so. While I think it would be very hard for Obama or McCain to be any worse than Bush, neither of them give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...

And for the record, not every place outside the US is a @!#$hole. Canada, while i've ran into quite a few dickheads on my trips up there (more so than New York, go fig), is not bad of a place. Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia--on the surface they just have different architecture, different language, and a different group of assclowns running their respective countries...they're not that much different deep down than the US--or Canada is.

So stop with the Flag-waving that every other country is worse off than the US. There's worse, yeah, but were not far and away better than every place else.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, September 15, 2008 8:36 PM on j-body.org
So i watched the Dr. Obama video.

What the speaker fails to mention is that had we not gone over there, our people wouldn't have died. We wouldn't have lost brothers.

No one denies that there are some hero's but they should never have had to make those sacrifices.

Also he's censoring the comments on the video...someone seems to be afraid of differing opinions.

We have one of the most horribly broken manipulative governments in the world but many can't seem to see past the BS.

-Chris

Re: Dear Mr. Obama
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:34 PM on j-body.org
Hijack:

john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) , that is the nicest Sunfire I have seen, and kudos on all the work you have done.

-------------
About Obama:

Obama's views and opinion waver more than a flag in a hurricane.

Even Palin has more experience in government than he does.

Obama has always got his positions by default, check into it.

Obama is a racist, and a faultering lying opportunist.

I don't think Bush is great by any means, but people who assume because McCain is "Republican", he is going to run this country into the ground is retarded. We need someone who is good with foreign policy in the climate we are in right now, and McCain is the right choice between the two.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/4 inch down-pipe, a ported LSJ manifold, E-bay strut brace, and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:22 AM on j-body.org
Mike85220 wrote:Obama's views and opinion waver more than a flag in a hurricane.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/flip-o-meter/
Whether this is good or bad depends on who you ask. Dems, you can't complain about someone who goes by the motto "stay the course", and then denounce someone who flip-flops. You either prefer bacon or eggs, and being a vegetarian will get you nowhere fast.
Mike85220 wrote:Even Palin has more experience in government than he does.
Once again, whether this is positive or negative will depend on who you ask. But Reps, you can't support Palin as a "fresh new face", and then Denounce Obama for a lack of experience. Bacon or eggs people (I'm hungry, need breakfast)...
Mike85220 wrote:Obama is a racist, and a faultering lying opportunist.
The racist comment makes it sound like you've been reading one too many of those chain emails, lol. As for him being an opportunist...um, duh? Politician = opportunist.
Mike85220 wrote:I don't think Bush is great by any means, but people who assume because McCain is "Republican", he is going to run this country into the ground is retarded.
I think it's more because of their parallel voting records, and the fact that McCain is using so many of Bush's advisers on his campaign.
Mike85220 wrote:We need someone who is good with foreign policy in the climate we are in right now, and McCain is the right choice between the two.
Reasoning? Personally, I would even take isolationist over "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"

Now, breakfast time

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:37 AM on j-body.org
Mike85220 wrote:
About Obama:

I don't think Bush is great by any means, but people who assume because McCain is "Republican", he is going to run this country into the ground is retarded. We need someone who is good with foreign policy in the climate we are in right now, and McCain is the right choice between the two.

Oh sweet irony. You put a cartoon up about stupid voters right after you spout off your uneducated rhetoric. Bravo! You might want to google: McCain flip flop or even compare the actual public service records of Palin and Obama. I for one would love to see you prove that Obama is a racist, you know... with facts.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:15 PM on j-body.org
OH THE IRONING!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:40 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
Mike85220 wrote:
About Obama:

Oh sweet irony. You put a cartoon up about stupid voters right after you spout off your uneducated rhetoric. Bravo! You might want to google: McCain flip flop or even compare the actual public service records of Palin and Obama. I for one would love to see you prove that Obama is a racist, you know... with facts.

Actually, McCain is the racist. And here's FACT to back it up.

"I hate the gooks." -John McCain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:47 PM

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:08 PM on j-body.org
^^^^
Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.

Considering the beatings they gave him that is almost nice. It does not mean he feels that way about all North Vietnamese. I actually apluad him for being man enough to stand behind his comments instead of trying to weasel out of them like Obama.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:14 PM on j-body.org
Sure John McCain never tries to weasle out of comments he has made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-DnNsoA5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:32 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:^^^^
Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.

Considering the beatings they gave him that is almost nice. It does not mean he feels that way about all North Vietnamese. I actually apluad him for being man enough to stand behind his comments instead of trying to weasel out of them like Obama.

Of course you feel that way, if it were Obama who made racist comments however, this would be a whole different ball game.

Besides, its not necessarily the sentiment, its the racial insensitivity. If it were just some guy, I wouldn't care, but not for a presidential candidate. That is straight up unacceptable. That would be unacceptable of Obama too.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Im religious!

I hate Hoggies!

Chris

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:^^^^

Of course you feel that way, if it were Obama who made racist comments however, this would be a whole different ball game.

Besides, its not necessarily the sentiment, its the racial insensitivity. If it were just some guy, I wouldn't care, but not for a presidential candidate. That is straight up unacceptable. That would be unacceptable of Obama too.

I see nothing wrong with holding hostile feelings towards those who have totured and held him captive. I don't care if it is McCain, Obama or Joe Blow off the street I would be understanding of a coment directed towards their captors. Now if he said it about every person of that race is where it would be different.

As for Obama I would say he is racist. I don't see any possible way somone could go to a church like he did for 20 years have the pastor marry him and his wife baptise their kids and call him his mentor unless he believed what the pastor was preaching.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:14 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Oh yeah, Google it, lets use the internet for real proof.

How about the news?

Obama saying his mother is "the typical white"
Obama attending the church of "hate whitie"

Give me an f'ing break, where the heck where you when this hit the news?

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:23 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

You put a cartoon up about stupid voters right after you spout off your uneducated rhetoric.

Facts? Here is the facts you uneducated dumb as a stump POS:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5122299489124936290&ei=RhnTSPOuMYbs-gGFusnDAg&q=obama+hates+whites&vt=lf&hl=en

His grandma is the "typical white"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6002472787605876804&ei=kBnTSM_DOYrw-gGtsqHGAg&q=obama+church+scandal&vt=lf&hl=en

Even blacks know this guy is prejudiced.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8840739756948925590&ei=zhnTSNyfEoXc-AH9mpyyAg&q=obama+not+saluting+the+flag&vt=lf&hl=en

Oh yeah, here he is NOT saluting the flag and refusing to wear a flag pin, unpatriotic POS.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8840739756948925590&ei=zhnTSNyfEoXc-AH9mpyyAg&q=obama+not+saluting+the+flag&vt=lf&hl=en

He wants us to know what he feels this country SHOULD be, ----communist.

Wow, wonder why McCain has some bad blood with the Vietnamese??? Duh!
He can't even lift his arms past his shoulders thanks to them.

OMFG dumb, dumb, dumb.,.. I am not even going to follow this post, it has way too many Obamanations...
Pathetic.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:35 PM on j-body.org
..that last one pissed me off...

wow..

and who wondered why i will never salute this asshatt!

Chris

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:12 AM on j-body.org
Mike85220 wrote:
Quote:

You put a cartoon up about stupid voters right after you spout off your uneducated rhetoric.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5122299489124936290&ei=RhnTSPOuMYbs-gGFusnDAg&q=obama+hates+whites&vt=lf&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6002472787605876804&ei=kBnTSM_DOYrw-gGtsqHGAg&q=obama+church+scandal&vt=lf&hl=en

Oh yeah, here he is NOT saluting the flag and refusing to wear a flag pin, unpatriotic POS.

Wow, wonder why McCain has some bad blood with the Vietnamese??? Duh!

OMFG dumb, dumb, dumb.,.. I am not even going to follow this post, it has way too many Obamanations...
Pathetic.

Ok you cum gargling, cock hording, fisting your own a$$, shaft smokin, ball suckin piece of sh!t. Oh wow, I can call names like a e-thug too. Hope you feel like a real big man now. I said you were spewing uneducated rhetoric, I didn't call you names. Why don't you grow up and find some facts and actual proof that he is a racist. While there are some items taken out of context in your videos for the purpose of trying to make him look like a racist not one of them prove he is a racist. As for not putting his hand over his hart during the Star Spangled Banner, I never do either, guess I am an unpatriotic communist too, I just hope you don't beat me up for it.

Friday, September 19, 2008 5:42 AM on j-body.org
I think it's just precious the way y'all are talking about politicians as if you were rooting for the hometown team. I also think it's very conveeeeeeeeeeenient that most of you happen to like the politicians whose political ideology you agree with and viciously hate the ones who happens to have ideas different from yours.

If you believe one word one of these presidential nominees say then you're simply buying into the hype. These are professional politicians trying to sell their image for votes. Wether it's wise old war veteran McCain with his plucky vice presidential nominee or Mr Obama goes to Washington with a father figure/mentor as his vice-president, it's all as phony as the commercials for a summer blockbuster. They are playing you and you're allowing yourselves to be played like idiots.

You know what I blame for all this? The way you pledge allegiance. You pledge allegiance to god, flag and country. These are rather esoteric ideas (in the sense that everyone has a different idea on what it all means) and it makes you see the country itself as good and pure and the politicians who oppose your ideas as these monstrous carpet baggers ready to wipe their filthy feet on the flag for their own personal gain. On the other hand, we in the old British Commonwealth countries pledge allegiance to our leaders, not the country. We pledge allegiance to physical, tangible people, not somewhat vague ideas open to interpretation. That way we see the country, not as purity itself, but as something wicked that has to be tamed by both countryman and leader. Makes us less emotional about the whole thing, and it prevents us from fearing change like you do.

Look, we're gonna have an election in Canada on October 14 and I know that every single person I can possibly vote for is either a liar or has an agenda whose principal purpose is to screw me. So who am I gonna vote for? Probably the biggest rabble rouser I can think of, just to piss off people. Because no matter who I vote for, the country will forge on. We need an idiot in power and since they're ALL idiots it pretty much comes down to the same thing no matter who I could vote for.

Relax people, it's all just for show. Enjoy the ride a little, have fun with voting.
Friday, September 19, 2008 6:22 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:On the other hand, we in the old British Commonwealth countries pledge allegiance to our leaders, not the country.
I find pledging to a human being even more distressing than a fictitious figure. You'd have to be nuts to have that much faith in humanity, even more so a politician. At least pledging to a mythical figure is more of a moral statement, a commitment to your beliefs.

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Friday, September 19, 2008 9:07 AM on j-body.org
True, but by pledging an allegiance to a King or Queen you have to learn to understand that leaders, bad or good, must be respected and obeyed; and that you'd better make damn sure you want them there in the first place. It's not about them leading the country towards... whatever. It's about your pledge to be loyal to them. Sometimes it's a lot easier to sell out the country than to sell out your own personal integrity. Makes you think twice about making the wrong choice. Also, it has the virtue of making you appreciate good men (and women) with whom you don't share values.

I dunno... my own 2 cents. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is something to think about.
Friday, September 19, 2008 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Mike85220 wrote:
Quote:

First off congratulations - you may win an internet name calling contest. I hope that makes you feel all warm inside. It does nothing to support you point. Attacking the message instead of the messengers is pointless but by far easier.

OH NO!! He said "typical white person" - THAT IS SO RACIST!! [/extreme sarcasm] Or maybe he was pointing out his experiences in a world where people seem to have a natural mistrust of anything different than themselves. A guy like him - who really doesn't "belong" to either race(remember earlier in the race when everyone said he wasn't "black enough?!") can really understand the problem of racism from all fronts.
1. He IS just as white as he is black - 50/50. So he must apparently hate half of himself.
2. He must also hate half his family - where as the white side was the side that raised him.
3. Surely he was filled with hatred for white people from his father who he really never knew - he left when Barack was 2 years old and died in a car accident.

You have any REAL proof that he is racist - because watch any decent clip of him speaking and he is very anti-racist. Watch the videos I embedded at the bottom(esp part 3).
Mike85220 wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6002472787605876804&ei=kBnTSM_DOYrw-gGtsqHGAg&q=obama+church+scandal&vt=lf&hl=en

So he speaks for Barack? No one speaks for me - not my former pastors nor anyone. And I certainly hope that people don't hold what my current and former pastors have said against me. I certainly disagree with alot that any of them have said - and they have likely said alot of things I don't know about. Politically speaking, my church is basically against everything I stand for - But I don't go there for their opinions(which I wish they would keep to themselves). I go there to WORSHIP. So much for that theory.

Mike85220 wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8840739756948925590&ei=zhnTSNyfEoXc-AH9mpyyAg&q=obama+not+saluting+the+flag&vt=lf&hl=en

So he didn't participate in false and ultimately empty signs of patriotism? Oh no!! Where is YOUR flag lapel pin? Are you wearing it now? I don't own one, and I don't care about the Pledge of Allegiance. My love of America doesn't need meaningless symbols like that. Our forefather had no such pledge. When you truly love something, it shows through actions - not hollow recited words.

Its no different than all the would-be-Christians I know - they wear their faith on their sleeve and talk a good Christian talk but don't live a good Christian walk outside the pews. Then there are some that don't need to do all that fake @!#$ - they just silently live a good Christian walk.

Mike85220 wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8840739756948925590&ei=zhnTSNyfEoXc-AH9mpyyAg&q=obama+not+saluting+the+flag&vt=lf&hl=en

Repost of the same video twice - where is this so called communist thing you speak of?

Mike85220 wrote:Wow, wonder why McCain has some bad blood with the Vietnamese??? Duh!

Pathetic.
So the actions of a few Vietnamese should foster a hatred of all of them you say? That makes perfect sense... LOL. For the record I think he is alot of unflattering things but I DO NOT think he is racist in the least. That comment is in fact directed at his Vietcong captors who harshly imprisoned him for years. He has actually spearheaded(along with Kerry) our normalization of relations with Vietnam. He also adopted a black girl(which in 2000 was used in a smear campaign against him by Karl Rove) - so he doesn't much hate black people either I imagine.

But given the fact that you even had to defend his comment - do you see the problem with everyone thinking they know everything about someone from a few drive-by quotes? This is what people do to Obama and you see how doing the same thing you just did makes McCain look even more racist when he most likely is also not a racist.

Here is an interview of Obama being interviewed before his political career began. You want the real Barack? Here he is -

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Yep he was the same even before the politics. He is the poster child for understanding other races and cultures. But that is just the opinion of this typical white person. I also think he isn't a typical black person(well half black anyways). He never used his race as an excuse to fail(I suppose me saying that would make me a racist to some). He rose up despite everything. He is proof that no matter what you are born as - you can do anything if you give it your all.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search