Peak Oil/End of Democracy - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Peak Oil/End of Democracy
Friday, September 05, 2008 11:26 AM on j-body.org
Good God.....do people start these posts just to prove how bad the public education system is?
Please realize that learning isn't supposed to stop after high school. In fact the most important thing to learn in school is that they are only teaching you enough of the basics so that you can get out into the world and survive, not be useful. The best analogy is High School to car ownership. You get to own the car and drive the car, you might even learn enough to put gas in it. After that you need to really learn how to maintain it yourself, or let other people do it for you.
Given the stupidity of this post....please, choose other, more competent people do your thinking......or maybe that's already happened...and you chose wrong.

And GAM---Why do you keep wasting your time arguing with your facts and evidence against people who are armed with Wikipedia, cable news, and are younger than most of my cars.....

And remember:
The best thing about the computer is it's mass availablity to everyone.
The worst thing about the computer is any moron can get one.

Suffering from more imagination than sanity......

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:37 PM on j-body.org
Phil (Not QBE) wrote:Good God.....do people start these posts just to prove how bad the public education system is?
Please realize that learning isn't supposed to stop after high school. In fact the most important thing to learn in school is that they are only teaching you enough of the basics so that you can get out into the world and survive, not be useful. The best analogy is High School to car ownership. You get to own the car and drive the car, you might even learn enough to put gas in it. After that you need to really learn how to maintain it yourself, or let other people do it for you.
Given the stupidity of this post....please, choose other, more competent people do your thinking......or maybe that's already happened...and you chose wrong.

And GAM---Why do you keep wasting your time arguing with your facts and evidence against people who are armed with Wikipedia, cable news, and are younger than most of my cars.....

And remember:
The best thing about the computer is it's mass availablity to everyone.
The worst thing about the computer is any moron can get one.

speaking of how bad the public education system is....i see at least one grammatically incorrect thing in that post. If you're going to throw insults about peoples education, you should at least exercise correct grammar. Just saying.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 10:11 PM on j-body.org
But Joey, you did not capitalize in making your point!

Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:34 AM on j-body.org
Joey: The marin8r has a point, chum.

Phil: Cable news and Wikipedia are okay news sources, but to be honest, I don't trust them 100%. Why? Simply because when there's nothing new to say, they editorialize, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but when editorial (which is what EVERY POLITICAL BLOG IS, don't fool yourself) becomes news, then you're in a dangerous territory where Objectivity takes a back seat to someone selling you a story. This is a serious problem that a media unaware public (not denoting any specific demographic, age or otherwise) doesn't intrinsically understand.

To me, it's an information overload response where someone just picks one charismatic outlet (ie, Air America, Rush Limbaugh, etc. etc. Sadly there isn't as much on the liberal side of media) and shuts out any counterpoint.... Worse is when someone just ignores information completely and picks the candidate that appeals to them on a "regular guy" basis (Which to me is the damned stupidest idea ever: I like my neighbour, but I sure as hell don't want him running a country, he can't even reign in his kids or balance his household budget!). Apathy is not an entirely unreasonable response to the crap that's been happening politically in the US.

I mean, I know that more than once I asked myself (even pre-9/11/2001), "could someone PLEASE give this twit a BJ so he can get impeached?" But I digress... If nothing else I don't want to see bad thinking and bad information collude into really dumb decisions.

I won't say say one way or the other what the CORRECT decision is, because that's not for me to decide for anyone: If you can get counter-point to what one side is saying (because right now, the idea of objective journalism is as much a myth as the lie of a liberal media), maybe, just maybe that'll stimulate an internal dialogue in people's heads and they'll start figuring @!#$ out for themselves. I have my take on things, and if someone agrees whole-heartedly, great. If not, just as well: but don't use a partisan blog to prove your point: Get the facts, just the facts. Let me decide for myself... I really wish more people would do that, good/bad or indifferent.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:40 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Joey: The marin8r has a point, chum.

Phil: Cable news and Wikipedia are okay news sources, but to be honest, I don't trust them 100%. Why? Simply because when there's nothing new to say, they editorialize, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but when editorial (which is what EVERY POLITICAL BLOG IS, don't fool yourself) becomes news, then you're in a dangerous territory where Objectivity takes a back seat to someone selling you a story. This is a serious problem that a media unaware public (not denoting any specific demographic, age or otherwise) doesn't intrinsically understand.

To me, it's an information overload response where someone just picks one charismatic outlet (ie, Air America, Rush Limbaugh, etc. etc. Sadly there isn't as much on the liberal side of media) and shuts out any counterpoint.... Worse is when someone just ignores information completely and picks the candidate that appeals to them on a "regular guy" basis (Which to me is the damned stupidest idea ever: I like my neighbour, but I sure as hell don't want him running a country, he can't even reign in his kids or balance his household budget!). Apathy is not an entirely unreasonable response to the crap that's been happening politically in the US.

I mean, I know that more than once I asked myself (even pre-9/11/2001), "could someone PLEASE give this twit a BJ so he can get impeached?" But I digress... If nothing else I don't want to see bad thinking and bad information collude into really dumb decisions.

I won't say say one way or the other what the CORRECT decision is, because that's not for me to decide for anyone: If you can get counter-point to what one side is saying (because right now, the idea of objective journalism is as much a myth as the lie of a liberal media), maybe, just maybe that'll stimulate an internal dialogue in people's heads and they'll start figuring @!#$ out for themselves. I have my take on things, and if someone agrees whole-heartedly, great. If not, just as well: but don't use a partisan blog to prove your point: Get the facts, just the facts. Let me decide for myself... I really wish more people would do that, good/bad or indifferent.
That sounds like terrorist talk to me.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Yeah.... thinking for yourself....

pretty f*cking scarey concept.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:47 AM on j-body.org
The Nazi's used to question anyone that disagreed with their version of democracy or Patriotism. I don't really see the republicans as any different, I mean after all we have the most facist leader in the world in office right now, other than maybe Kim Jong.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:51 PM on j-body.org
LOL

The Nazi's also made everyone register firearms too

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:28 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:LOL

The Nazi's also made everyone register firearms too

Chris
that's not all - read my sig

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:40 AM on j-body.org
so, your saying, in 1941, people didn't want war?

BS

*looks around*

I'M DRIVING MY BIG BAD V-8! AND, AND... WASTING GAS ON A DYNO TOO!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, September 12, 2008 11:02 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:so, your saying, in 1941, people didn't want war?

BS

*looks around*

I'M DRIVING MY BIG BAD V-8! AND, AND... WASTING GAS ON A DYNO TOO!

Chris
I wasn't exactly the common people's idea to start one, was it? What I'm saying is that the Nazi's whipped people into panic mode to support their war. It was all about "protecting Germany from the Communist threat." They fed them enough false patriotic nonsense and people ate it up. The stuff the Nazis where saying(minus the rampant racism) to garner support doesn't sound a whole lot different than what the Neo-Cons have been saying since 2001. You basically change some nouns and there is very little else different. It worked pretty well for the Nazis and so far the Neo-Cons have done pretty well with it.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:30 AM on j-body.org
Dont care about them, I was talking about the US...
And, along with everyone else that VOLUNTEERED for the military between 9/11, and oh IDN NOW, wanted war. Im all about leaving my KBAR our side some hoggies neck\head.

****Went to the dyno! so much high octane fuel was burnt..man..

we are all going to die like with in 5 hours now.

ON TOP OF THAT, Im going to drive my GTO once more, just to help!

Chris

Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:54 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:And, along with everyone else that VOLUNTEERED for the military between 9/11, and oh IDN NOW
I think that was Bastardking's point...

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:59 AM on j-body.org
then you mis took my point.

I JOINED TO KILL HOGGIES.

Chris

Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:then you mis took my point.

I JOINED TO KILL HOGGIES.

Chris
But I'll ask you, did you want war to happen pre-9/11? Most people did not. And so you see where my signature comes into play. In order to whip people into a war frenzy, you need an enemy and fear of said enemy. When people feel safe, they don't want war.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:12 PM on j-body.org
ahh, so you believe we had them attack us? along with the japs? right?

Chris

Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:42 PM on j-body.org
Every Devil needs an advocate, and the irony here runs deep:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:why didn't you answer me?

And for good measure, I will apply these two:
Quote:

Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
Quote:

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:21 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:ahh, so you believe we had them attack us? along with the japs? right?

Chris
I believe that I don't know what happened on 9/11. I have a few ideas but certainly nothing solid. Maybe someday that will change.

Pearl Harbor, we didn't make them attack us, but we did know it was coming. People pre Pearl Harbor had a very anti-war sentiment as a result of WW1. Why do you think we didn't join the fight before that? If the Japanese didn't attack us, it would have been very hard to sell the people on WW2 - even though history has proven it that fighting it was the right thing to do. So yes I think that FDR and co did the right thing in not averting it. It was a most "necessary evil."

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:22 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch: Just remember, World War II started in 1939 for the rest of the world.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search