House votes down Bailout!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
House votes down Bailout!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008 11:38 AM on j-body.org
Current
________YES_____NO_____ no vote
Dems___141_____ 94
Repubs__ 66_____132______1
Total___207_____226

More Democrats vote against bill than Republicans voting for it.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: House votes down Bailout!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008 11:45 AM on j-body.org
good . I dont know the specifics of the plan but seems like it was just thrown together.

Monday, September 29, 2008 11:52 AM on j-body.org

Monday, September 29, 2008 11:54 AM on j-body.org
YAY!

bailout was a horrible idea. There are better ways to approach this problem.

-Chris

Monday, September 29, 2008 12:22 PM on j-body.org
Good. F-em.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, September 29, 2008 12:33 PM on j-body.org
Like was already said..there problem, our Money.

I'd rather have a BigMac and Fries and watch them suffer for there own ingornace then send the money that way.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Monday, September 29, 2008 2:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Here's what McCain staff and surrogates were saying before the vote:

"This bill would not have been agreed to had it not been for John McCain... This is a bipartisan accomplishment, a bipartisan success. And if people want to get something done in Washington, they just watch John McCain. He's been the guy whose name is at the top of major pieces of legislation for a long time."
-- Mitt Romney, NBC's Today show, 9/29/08

"What Senator McCain was able to do was to help bring all of the parties to the table, including the House Republicans, whose votes were needed to pass this"
-- Steve Schmidt, NBC's Meet the Press, 9/28/08

"We're optimistic that Senator McCain will bring House Republicans on board without driving other parties away, resulting in a successful deal for the American taxpayer."
-- McCain spokeswoman Kimmie Lipscomb, 9/26/08

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:25 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Good. F-em.

Agree!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:51 PM on j-body.org
Tribals wrote:
Quote:

"This bill would not have been agreed to had it not been for John McCain... This is a bipartisan accomplishment, a bipartisan success. And if people want to get something done in Washington, they just watch John McCain. He's been the guy whose name is at the top of major pieces of legislation for a long time."

"What Senator McCain was able to do was to help bring all of the parties to the table, including the House Republicans, whose votes were needed to pass this"

"We're optimistic that Senator McCain will bring House Republicans on board without driving other parties away, resulting in a successful deal for the American taxpayer."

Dude, you're trying to make this a rep vs. dem issue which it isn't. Both sides have been screwing us for a very long time, probably since before most of us were born, and maybe now it's coming to a head. I did like how it failed because people were calling their congressmen and telling them they didn't support this insane bill so when the time came the stupid congressmen actually listened to their bosses for the first time ever.

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:31 PM on j-body.org
I wonder how many people actually understand the way the economy works. The 700B plan would've helped everyone, by tossing a stitch on a open wound. Fundamentals go like this; if the stock market goes down ,you lose your job, than you lose your income, than you lose your home, than finally you live on the street.... So in reality its a big @!#$ you when this bill doesnt pass.

The bill didn't pass today and the stock market hit its all time low -774 points. Maybe thats not a sign for people who dont understand economics. But for us who do thats a very heavy sign of a few things to come, we'll see this friday whether or not everyone idea of f-em is correct when the new unemployment report comes out for the month of September. You think its just the CEO's who are getting the money from this bill, but its really helping the workers in that company. The people lowest on the @!#$ totem pole make money and provide for their family. Hell the job your working it is probably has something in the stock exchange, or are receiving help from the banks via loans in order to stay operational. Don't think cause it hasnt affected you yet, it won't, cause that @!#$ will hit you soon enough.

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Monday, September 29, 2008 7:48 PM on j-body.org
Bubba wrote:I wonder how many people actually understand the way the economy works. The 700B plan would've helped everyone, by tossing a stitch on a open wound. Fundamentals go like this; if the stock market goes down ,you lose your job, than you lose your income, than you lose your home, than finally you live on the street.... So in reality its a big @!#$ you when this bill doesnt pass.

The bill didn't pass today and the stock market hit its all time low -774 points. Maybe thats not a sign for people who dont understand economics. But for us who do thats a very heavy sign of a few things to come, we'll see this friday whether or not everyone idea of f-em is correct when the new unemployment report comes out for the month of September. You think its just the CEO's who are getting the money from this bill, but its really helping the workers in that company. The people lowest on the @!#$ totem pole make money and provide for their family. Hell the job your working it is probably has something in the stock exchange, or are receiving help from the banks via loans in order to stay operational. Don't think cause it hasnt affected you yet, it won't, cause that @!#$ will hit you soon enough.

i don't think you understand the economy
this bill is a temporary band aid to a large problem stemming from many different areas of our economy

*edit
i like your sedan btw, sorry it was hit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 29, 2008 7:51 PM

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:04 PM on j-body.org
Thank god this didn't pass. It does not benefit you or me in any way nor does it help the people in foreclosure .They still will take their houses away. It is a corporate and wall street bail out. F ck EM

Windy City TurboZ
Monday, September 29, 2008 9:23 PM on j-body.org
zero wrote:
Tribals wrote:
Quote:

Dude, you're trying to make this a rep vs. dem issue which it isn't. Both sides have been screwing us for a very long time, probably since before most of us were born, and maybe now it's coming to a head. I did like how it failed because people were calling their congressmen and telling them they didn't support this insane bill so when the time came the stupid congressmen actually listened to their bosses for the first time ever.
I only posted those quotes because of his original comment ...."More Democrats vote against bill than Republicans voting for it."

Yes both sides have screwed up BIGTIME and they better think of something soon.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:01 AM on j-body.org
t2 wrote:
Bubba wrote:I wonder how many people actually understand the way the economy works. The 700B plan would've helped everyone, by tossing a stitch on a open wound. Fundamentals go like this; if the stock market goes down ,you lose your job, than you lose your income, than you lose your home, than finally you live on the street.... So in reality its a big @!#$ you when this bill doesnt pass.

this bill is a temporary band aid to a large problem stemming from many different areas of our economy

*edit

I rather have a temp fix then a full blown eruption of the economy. Hence why a said a stitch on an open wound .....

As you can tell by my sig, Im trying to get a new car right now and I already know its going to be a bitch to get a loan because of this crap. $700b even though it should be $1.2t, would've helped regardless of what people think. What it boils down to is people will lose their homes and jobs if something doesn't get fixed. The one thing I did like about this bill that failed was CEO's lose money they would get, limiting them to 500k when @!#$ hits the fan and they bail out. So no more 10m+ parachutes for the corrupt bastards. The plan seemed like it will work at least till the next president and treasury secretary iron out there plan to fix the economy even more.

Either way you look at it if the 700b would've went to Banks, since they are the ones who are slowly dying. It would free up alot of what is going on in wall street, as well as help regular people out. You might disagree and think its going to only help out the businesses and the common folk are stuck with the bill. But in reality without the businesses the common folk would be stuck without a job.

*And t2 I do miss my car couldn't have happened at a worse time....

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:46 AM on j-body.org
Bubba wrote:
t2 wrote:

*edit

I rather have a temp fix then a full blown eruption of the economy. Hence why a said a stitch on an open wound .....

As you can tell by my sig, Im trying to get a new car right now and I already know its going to be a bitch to get a loan because of this crap. $700b even though it should be $1.2t, would've helped regardless of what people think. What it boils down to is people will lose their homes and jobs if something doesn't get fixed. The one thing I did like about this bill that failed was CEO's lose money they would get, limiting them to 500k when @!#$ hits the fan and they bail out. So no more 10m+ parachutes for the corrupt bastards. The plan seemed like it will work at least till the next president and treasury secretary iron out there plan to fix the economy even more.

Either way you look at it if the 700b would've went to Banks, since they are the ones who are slowly dying. It would free up alot of what is going on in wall street, as well as help regular people out. You might disagree and think its going to only help out the businesses and the common folk are stuck with the bill. But in reality without the businesses the common folk would be stuck without a job.

*And t2 I do miss my car couldn't have happened at a worse time....

I agree that something needs to be done but this bailout is not it. Take the $700B and renegotiate all the loans that are in foreclosure, if you bought a house for $500K and could not afford it, well guess what you now have a 60 year loan with payments that you can make. No rescue for the banks, they created the situation (not totally at fault, people who were dumb enough to accept these loans are to blame too) they should not get rescued by the government. People who were stupid enough to take out loans they couldn't afford should be held accountable as I stated above. Change the rules of bankruptcy again, now you cant file on homes, you bought it, your stuck. This is a classic case of the rich (politicians) helping the rich (wall street suits). Just goes to show you that no matter what they say the government really don't give a @!#$ about the middle and lower classes.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:18 AM on j-body.org
and why would they care? if you think they do or have ever then your eyes are wide shut.

simple case of the 'im better then you' just on a massively larger scale.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:25 AM on j-body.org
I like to think the Democrats were inspired by the Reagan administration's bailout of Chrysler, Citibank, Chase-Manhattan and Bank of America in the 80's. They figure lightning may strike twice and the economy will go up again like it did then.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:13 AM on j-body.org
Tribals wrote:
zero wrote:
Tribals wrote:
Quote:

I only posted those quotes because of his original comment ...."More Democrats vote against bill than Republicans voting for it."

Yes both sides have screwed up BIGTIME and they better think of something soon.

Sorry, reading it again I see what you were going for.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:25 AM on j-body.org
Ever notice how the band-aids are getting bigger and bigger. Sorry to propetuate the gross analogy, but we should have let this wound scab over after the tech stock crash in the late 90's early 2000's. Instead Fed reserve rates were lowered as a band aid.

What could have been a scratch has turned into a gaping wound. Yes it is bad news for everyone when the market topples like it did yesterday, and we are getting farther and farther from recovery. But sending 700B dollars out is not the answer - now all we can do is let economic nature take its course.

f you bought a house that you couldnt afford for whatever reason - @!#$ you
If you're a bank and you lended out that money so haphazardly - @!#$ you
If you a rich broker/bank executiver or whatever who's lost a lot of money in this turn - @!#$ you
If you live within your means and did not bite off more then you can chew and your 401k is down almost half this year alone - hang in there it will get better eventually

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:20 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

f you bought a house that you couldnt afford for whatever reason - @!#$ you
If you're a bank and you lended out that money so haphazardly - @!#$ you
If you a rich broker/bank executiver or whatever who's lost a lot of money in this turn - @!#$ you
If you live within your means and did not bite off more then you can chew and your 401k is down almost half this year alone - hang in there it will get better eventually

Absolutely... My 401k took a big jump this morning

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:41 AM on j-body.org
Exactly. My 401k dropped, but i'm still not freaking.

The way I see it is this: assuming the worst, the market will crash and those living beyond their means will be hurt the most. Those that aren't may be stung, but they'll get by just fine.

Sometimes, you gotta take off the band-aids and let the wound heal naturally.

Besides, me, someone that lives within means and doesn't own a house--why the smeg should I be paying MY tax money out so someone who was fiscally irresponsible could get a bailout, so the banks/govenment could by the defaulted properties at knock-down rates, which, when everything corrects itself, they'll try to gouge me on prices?

No thank you, and before you start spewing out stuff about the plight of my fellow human, spare me. I'm a misanthropist and if you have to sell your home and your SUV at a loss, and end up buying a used pacer and live in an apartment where youir kids can't wear Prada and have to (gasp) share a bedroom, well cry me a freaking ocean, life life sucks get a freaking helmet.

Really, it seems to me that the only ones that are freaking are the cause of this mess.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:06 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Really, it seems to me that the only ones that are freaking are the cause of this mess.

amen.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:06 PM on j-body.org
I am in class right now so I don't have time to read through all these posts but i have something to say. For everyone saying these people were fiscally irresponsible are dumb they do not see that although the corporate heads made bad choices but irresponsible is wrong. For one thing they gave the CHOICE to people to get loans on homes that were to much for them they did not make the people take the loan so the irresponsibility is on Many people. It isn't one set of peoples fault it is situation when a lot of bad things come together. Its like katrina (don't start katrina crap here please.)

For the rest of you that say WAH!! I don't want the government to bail out corporations cut the Sh*(& about hating corporations and understand the economy as well as understand that is WELFARE so if you have a problem with this then tell your congressmen to abolish welfare and medicaid and all other programs like it.

Let me say this I am glad that the bill didn't pass and I am a republican. I think the government needs to keep its nose out of our free market economy. It wasn't structured well enough and didn't impose a good enough time limit or cap saying we won't bail you out again. i think our economy is hurting and could use a boost but guess what this is when opportunity rings and people who were smart enough to save some money and invest now will make more money in a few years. News to you folks the economy goes both ways.

SO STOP PANICKING and start saving tighten up your wallet and look to the future. OH yea read an economics book.

kthxbai

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:46 PM on j-body.org
choosey moms choose J03Y wrote:[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Really, it seems to me that the only ones that are freaking are the cause of this mess.

amen.

x2
Even if things take a horrible turn for the worst, I'd rather not put my tax dollars on the line for the people who made the mess. If I'm really going down, they're all going with me!! The government cannot effectively end this crisis, only prolong it and in doing so cause it to snowball.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:48 PM on j-body.org
so did the senate vote it in tonight?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search