Obama's radical friends - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obama's radical friends
Friday, October 10, 2008 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:While we are at it you complain about "not hearing the other side" but then choose to belittle a man who knows far more about politics and has done far more research then you. Hannity is not here to defend himself against you so you take a cheap shot at him on the internet. This is a cowardly act! He has a telephone number you can call him and have it out with him on and a message board where you can call him out without being cut off if that was your excuse for not calling.

Do you work for Hannity because I'm confused. You're the one whom posted his video, Tristan responded to you. I mean thank god you typed that, because saying that with a TV personality's dick in your mouth would've been hard. Or am I just calling names? Granted this is all just my opinion, so I guess I too shall leave this site. What a joke.

Wade Jarvis wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:so, im still not voting for some old man that doesnt even know what century it is when he speaks

But you would vote for Obama who said he has been to 57 states? Just imagine if McCain had said that. Video link of it below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Second time I seen you post this. First time I laughed, this time I said to myself "are you @!#$ serious?". In case you're looking for more YouTube ammo I caught a vid the other day where Biden asked the Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham whom is confined to a wheel chair to "stand-up". I'm sure it's old, but it'll serve as great use to prove that he's a worthless candidate in your eyes too.

Observing your constant defense of McCain I'll got out on a limb and say you voted for Bush.

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:33 AM on j-body.org
I am far from a fan of McCain. I much prefer him over Obama for president. Either way I know we will electing a politician. I am well aware of McCain's shortcomings, flip flops, and just how far derailed his Straight talk express is. I often joke it is more like a failroad.

I did not vote in the last election. At that time I had no intrest in politics. I am also not a Republican. I don't think part'ys should exist. The constant fighting and pitting of this gang VS that gang only further divides our country and the people.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The reason I attack Obama so fiercly is because he so far left and most people are clueless about it. Biden I attack him because he is a lifetime politician and if we truly want change we must not keep electing the same weasels.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, October 10, 2008 10:56 AM on j-body.org
I respect your response and appreciate the manner you chose.

I agree to the majority of such............I myself did not vote in the last election, hell I would love to avoid voting this year too however I cannot. I've done my fair share of research and I understand what you're saying. Maybe not quite as much research but I also realize no president is ever going to fit the bill perfectly for each individual and have accepted that.

However the thought of another Bush (McCain) in the office sickens me! ..............and to know the slight chance exists that Palin could lead our country further sickens me!

Not that either candidates could change much at this instant but down the road I think about whom can have the most impact and develop. IMHO we're @!#$, so eh.

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:so, im still not voting for some old man that doesnt even know what century it is when he speaks

But you would vote for Obama who said he has been to 57 states? Just imagine if McCain had said that. Video link of it below.

There are territories which are just like a state if you think about it. Maybe he visited those?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:19 PM on j-body.org
slick02eco wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:

There are territories which are just like a state if you think about it. Maybe he visited those?

True and I am sure that is what he meant.

My point was that Rodimus and many others are quick to bash McCain or Palin for the way they speak. Also that if it were McCain it would have been attributed to his age.

Lucky03 wrote:
Quote:

But you would vote for Obama who said he has been to 57 states? Just imagine if McCain had said that.

Dude people criticize politicians all the time for misspeaking. It means nothing just that they tripped on their words. It is the dumbest
way that you can hold a grudge on a candidate. FFS i once called my teacher in grade school mom. by your logic that makes me less of a person

I agree with you on this. I was just trying to make a point to Rodimus. Notice I did not hammer Obama for his comment where he mis spoke and said about giving children breathalizers. It is a given that politicians or anyone who does a bunch of public speaking is going to get tounge tied at some point.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:06 PM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:The only reason I mention your that this was your only post in the past 30 days is that I have not seen you post before and so I wondered if you just posted in one of the areas of this site that I don't frequent. It was interesting that the only thing you had to offer this community was your opinion. When I have nothing better to offer this site I promise I will leave.

"You say you haven't posted here in over 30 days? *scoffs* Your opinion is banned from the website until you post in other threads/forums!"

Thank you for pointing out the errors of my ways. You know I love people like you who come up with these arbitrary rules as to the value of your opinion. Because I went on a hiatus for a while my opinion is somehow devalued. Oh, and look at that. You joined a few months before me too. You're e-penis is way bigger than mine so you're opinion must be correct and mine nonsense. That's how things work around here, isn't it?

Wade Jarvis wrote:You go on about how Hannity is biased. Nobody was arguing that. If it really made that big of a difference then you could surely find some factual error and we could discuss it.

Now, since it's come to my attention that you only have the ability to glance at my posts, I'll reiterate my point. I didn't say the facts Hannity presents were all wrong. Yes, Obama knew/knows of Bill Ayers. What my point was that he doesn't just present facts. He presents the facts that support his opinion and then has people on to draw conclusions which he charades as facts. Far too many people watch that and just accept everything as fact even though at least two of the guests started their interview with things like "I believe."

Wade Jarvis wrote:As for the other side of the story Hannity has asked Obama numerous times to have a interview with him. Hannity said he would do the interview where ever was convenient for Obama. He would even do it on Hannity and Combs. Obama has said he will meet unconditionally with terrorist but won't even sit down with Hannity!!

Jon Stewart has repeatedly asked for President Bush to be on The Daily Show. Do you see that happening? Also, if Obama doesn't want to to do an interview with Hannity then that doesn't negate the other side of the argument. There are plenty of other informed people who could present the other side of the coin. But that's not how Hannity rolls.

Now this whole "meet with terrorists" thing. Now maybe I'm just completely crazy, but I would tend to believe it's a good thing to sit down with people who have extreme differences/distaste/hatred toward our country in hopes of moving toward peace/acceptance/tolerance/warm fuzzy feelings. I'm sure the fact that we ignore them and refuse to discuss/debate/anything with them really aides in changing their opinion of us. I'm sure it really keeps keep them from wanting to attack us/our allies too. Crazy, I know. We should probably just bomb them all.

Wade Jarvis wrote:If you can't have an intellectual or political debate without name calling then it is a sign of one or both of two following things. You either don't have any thing to back up what you are saying so you resort to name calling or you are very immature so you resort to name calling.

Wow, I call Hannity a tool and you act like I called you or your family member a name. I didn't realize you two were so tight. I stated my argument against Hannity and it is my opinion that he is, in fact, a rather large tool. If I called you a name or something I could see you making a case for this argument, but it's all moot because it's got nothing to do with you. And am I really to assume that you never resort to name calling in your life? Call someone an a-hole? Nah, you're too good for that. You're never "ignorant" or "immature." /sarcasm

Wade Jarvis wrote:While we are at it you complain about "not hearing the other side" but then choose to belittle a man who knows far more about politics and has done far more research then you. Hannity is not here to defend himself against you so you take a cheap shot at him on the internet. This is a cowardly act! He has a telephone number you can call him and have it out with him on and a message board where you can call him out without being cut off if that was your excuse for not calling.

Let me get this straight. I call a tv personality a tool and I'm a coward for not calling him up and saying it to his face? Are you serious? That may be the most incompetent argument I've seen yet. I'm supposed to take time out of my day to call of Mr. Hannity to inform him that he's a tool? Have you called up Obama to tell him he's a radical? Give me break.

Wade Jarvis wrote:The likes of Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) can continue to cheer lead for you but it does not change the fact that you have not found a single factual error.

Ooooo cheerleaders. Sweet. I've made the big leagues now.

This is the best f'n post I've read in a long time. Had me LOLing, for reals.

---

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:49 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Tristan wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:The only reason I mention your that this was your only post in the past 30 days is that I have not seen you post before and so I wondered if you just posted in one of the areas of this site that I don't frequent. It was interesting that the only thing you had to offer this community was your opinion. When I have nothing better to offer this site I promise I will leave.

"You say you haven't posted here in over 30 days? *scoffs* Your opinion is banned from the website until you post in other threads/forums!"

Thank you for pointing out the errors of my ways. You know I love people like you who come up with these arbitrary rules as to the value of your opinion. Because I went on a hiatus for a while my opinion is somehow devalued. Oh, and look at that. You joined a few months before me too. You're e-penis is way bigger than mine so you're opinion must be correct and mine nonsense. That's how things work around here, isn't it?

Wade Jarvis wrote:You go on about how Hannity is biased. Nobody was arguing that. If it really made that big of a difference then you could surely find some factual error and we could discuss it.

Now, since it's come to my attention that you only have the ability to glance at my posts, I'll reiterate my point. I didn't say the facts Hannity presents were all wrong. Yes, Obama knew/knows of Bill Ayers. What my point was that he doesn't just present facts. He presents the facts that support his opinion and then has people on to draw conclusions which he charades as facts. Far too many people watch that and just accept everything as fact even though at least two of the guests started their interview with things like "I believe."

Wade Jarvis wrote:As for the other side of the story Hannity has asked Obama numerous times to have a interview with him. Hannity said he would do the interview where ever was convenient for Obama. He would even do it on Hannity and Combs. Obama has said he will meet unconditionally with terrorist but won't even sit down with Hannity!!

Jon Stewart has repeatedly asked for President Bush to be on The Daily Show. Do you see that happening? Also, if Obama doesn't want to to do an interview with Hannity then that doesn't negate the other side of the argument. There are plenty of other informed people who could present the other side of the coin. But that's not how Hannity rolls.

Now this whole "meet with terrorists" thing. Now maybe I'm just completely crazy, but I would tend to believe it's a good thing to sit down with people who have extreme differences/distaste/hatred toward our country in hopes of moving toward peace/acceptance/tolerance/warm fuzzy feelings. I'm sure the fact that we ignore them and refuse to discuss/debate/anything with them really aides in changing their opinion of us. I'm sure it really keeps keep them from wanting to attack us/our allies too. Crazy, I know. We should probably just bomb them all.

Wade Jarvis wrote:If you can't have an intellectual or political debate without name calling then it is a sign of one or both of two following things. You either don't have any thing to back up what you are saying so you resort to name calling or you are very immature so you resort to name calling.

Wow, I call Hannity a tool and you act like I called you or your family member a name. I didn't realize you two were so tight. I stated my argument against Hannity and it is my opinion that he is, in fact, a rather large tool. If I called you a name or something I could see you making a case for this argument, but it's all moot because it's got nothing to do with you. And am I really to assume that you never resort to name calling in your life? Call someone an a-hole? Nah, you're too good for that. You're never "ignorant" or "immature." /sarcasm

Let me get this straight. I call a tv personality a tool and I'm a coward for not calling him up and saying it to his face? Are you serious? That may be the most incompetent argument I've seen yet. I'm supposed to take time out of my day to call of Mr. Hannity to inform him that he's a tool? Have you called up Obama to tell him he's a radical? Give me break.

Wade Jarvis wrote:The likes of Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) can continue to cheer lead for you but it does not change the fact that you have not found a single factual error.

Ooooo cheerleaders. Sweet. I've made the big leagues now.

This is the best f'n post I've read in a long time. Had me LOLing, for reals.

(takes bow) Thank you, thank you! I need all the cheerleaders I can get. It adds to my e-penis!

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again. The reason I attack Obama so fiercly is because he so far left and most people are clueless about it. Biden I attack him because he is a lifetime politician and if we truly want change we must not keep electing the same weasels.

And yet you're pro McCain who would actually be the person in power if elected. Wade, I've met you before, I know you can make more sense than this.

McCain/Palin like to talk about how they are Washington outsiders, and mavericks. I seem to remember the last group that claimed that was Bush/Cheney, and they sure proved to be the right choice in the end didn't they?

Oh yeah, on the radical friends thing... you know its really really neat that Bill Ayers has never been convicted of any single act of terrorism, and that he is now regarded as a distinguished professor at the University of Chicago. Frankly I only see benefit from people associating with people of those credentials, better to start your political career through him than through becoming the song bird in a Viatnemese torture camp.

Look that one up by the way. John songbird McCain. American hero my ass.

Actually since you've got a youtube boner - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g

Edited 4 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:28 AM

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:28 AM on j-body.org
LOL now there's something to brag about!

A terrorist professor!

Great!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Read Chris, Read, I know you can a little bit.

He was never convicted of anything. So calling him a terrorist is like me calling you a child rapist.

You should watch that video too. Somehow I'm sure you haven't or won't. Still. Just figured for someone so ape @!#$ about USA pride that you'd love to know about McCain giving away secrets while he was a POW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:46 AM

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:50 AM on j-body.org
Give it up Kurt, with all due respect. I've discovered no videos, or hard facts will sway someone's political views once they're chosen by said person.

Despite how it annoying it is, it's the truth. I've had the same debates with my grandfather for the past 2 weeks whom does nothing but watch MSNBC and repeat any negative Obama media that gets played to me like it's from the mouth of god himself. It's very repetitive and pretty arrogant to base your views on those sources solely but I just keep quiet and don't bother because I know I could not say one word to sway his opinion. I could have a million other sources discrediting his and it still wouldn't matter.

I find a lot of the older people and military crowd find it very hard to embrace Obama for whatever reasons may have you. This is not a fact but an observation from the people surrounding me. I have a friend in the Navy whom is not voting at all, but he stated if he was it would be republican because he likes getting paid. That got under my skin so bad but I kept my mouth shut.

A couple more weeks of these nonsense debates left .

Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:42 PM on j-body.org
I'm just here pushing buttons.

Trying to sway someone politically is like trying to sway someone religiously. You've got a better chance of doing a rwd burnout in a fwd jbody.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 4:26 PM on j-body.org
^ agreed.

which i why we need to leave iraq asap.

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:28 PM on j-body.org
The people that hijacked the plains in 9/11 were never convicted.. are they not terrorists then?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:52 PM on j-body.org
The 1 that didn't catch the plane and that faced trial was. Bill faced trial and no dice, sir.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:45 AM on j-body.org
KFLO: Ayers wasn't convicted because the FBI did improper surveillance and a lot of evidence that could have crucified him was inadmissible in court. In interviews he has stated that he committed and ordered terrorist acts when he was with the Weathermen. He has expressed remorse that he resorted to violence, but that hardly excuses the acts themselves.

Personally, I think Ayers is another silver spoon fed babyboomer whiny bitch from the 60's who had it way too good and with the Vietnam war found the perfect outlet for his teenage anti-authoriarian fantasies. Just like everyone else from back then. He has, at best, a shakey understanding of how people think and his ideals are as rigid and unyielding in the face of logic and common sense as any right wing jerk conservative.

However, how many killers and crazies do other US politicians cozy up with in order to further their goals? Technically speaking, Obama's just ahead of the curve.
Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Isn't it funny how the baby boomers, who where so against government in the 60's, are now running it for us?

Chris

Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:43 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Isn't it funny how the baby boomers, who where so against government in the 60's, are now running it for us?

Chris

Those who protest tyranny too loudly often do because they want to be the tyrants, not because they loathe tyranny.

I always thought that the only way to explain the 60's was that the babies born back in the 40's were poisoned somehow, like with Talidomide or something and it made them act out. Because even the punk generation of the 80's wasn't that horribly stupid and self centered.
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:22 PM on j-body.org
LOL

I have always thought it funny how the "greatest generation" went though the hardest of times........(... don't think me so shallow, i know that's why they were how they were) but its that very fact, that made the baby boomers how they were. There parents wanted to GIVE them more, and the boomers, for the most part, never had to EARN @!#$.

For this reason, in my eyes, any one of that generation who served is a tier above the protesters.

Chris

Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:13 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:
Those who protest tyranny too loudly often do because they want to be the tyrants, not because they loathe tyranny.
nice quote

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search