Election Bugs Me and I Can't Even Vote!! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Election Bugs Me and I Can't Even Vote!!
Friday, October 24, 2008 11:39 AM on j-body.org
Spike J wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote: You know I go to a church where they won't condemn abortion clinic bombers... Does that make me a supporter of terrorism?! NO.

Yes it does Get your head out of your ass. I didn't say Obama condoned what his nutjob pastor said just that he supported him after it was aired all over the media.
On the subject - Palin: 'I Don't Know' If Abortion Clinic Bombers Are Terrorists. LOL.

In any case I support my pastor whom I majorly disagree with on many issues. I think that he is a good man at heart and quite dedicated to serving God in his own way - I respect him as much. I guess I really just need to take my head out of my ass then. I should start being as judgmental as your "stereotypical Christian" I suppose. Never mind how many times the Bible warns and commands against such a thing...

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, October 24, 2008 12:53 PM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:Congress may be making decisions but everything goes by the president and Bush has failed miserably. Threatening to veto bills before they even leave the senate; before he's even read them.

Hence why we need a system where we don't have conflicting parties in the Executive and Legislative branches. For example, Britain has it Parliamentary Democracy. Same branches as ours but the election/appointment system is different. The Prime Minister is chosen by the House of Commons. So therefore, same parties. This makes the whole law making process smoother because we don't have party politics where no one wants to approve something that "goes against their party beliefs" or just because the opposite party controls the Legislative Branch. It just makes more sense to me.

Friday, October 24, 2008 12:57 PM on j-body.org
Sources:

opensecrets.org
campaignmoney.com
maplight.org

And as I said, that list was only a few, and it did not include any special interest groups.

As for backing up the claim on taxes, that would take an entire thread in itself. However, if you google "voting record obama", you should come up with a few sources.
One that lists some information (not complete) on voting records, and an explaination of the bills at hand, is votesmart.org. There is another source that I can't remember off the top of my head, but it had really good information, broken down by categories better that votesmart. I don't have time to find it right now, but if I can remember it, I'll post it up later tonight. Or, if someone else knows it, please post it. It was a very interesting site.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 10:23 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
Spike J wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote: You know I go to a church where they won't condemn abortion clinic bombers... Does that make me a supporter of terrorism?! NO.

Yes it does Get your head out of your ass. I didn't say Obama condoned what his nutjob pastor said just that he supported him after it was aired all over the media.
On the subject - Palin: 'I Don't Know' If Abortion Clinic Bombers Are Terrorists. LOL.

In any case I support my pastor whom I majorly disagree with on many issues. I think that he is a good man at heart and quite dedicated to serving God in his own way - I respect him as much. I guess I really just need to take my head out of my ass then. I should start being as judgmental as your "stereotypical Christian" I suppose. Never mind how many times the Bible warns and commands against such a thing...

guess I should have worded it differently. What I meant was Take your blinders off, to reread what I wrote in my first post.

Check out one of the ABC news programs every once and a while they do a campaign truth bit and show who's spewing more BS. GMA usually does one once a week.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:01 AM on j-body.org
i just want it to end so obama can stop sending me flyers, i get one every single week and each one its about how bad mccain is and doesnt really say anything about himself. so much for being the man for change, apparently accordging to posts above when the going gets tough, he cashes in his chips and goes negative like everyone else. so much for being a washington outsider, seems like he's learned the game allready.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:16 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i just want it to end so obama can stop sending me flyers, i get one every single week and each one its about how bad mccain is and doesnt really say anything about himself. so much for being the man for change, apparently accordging to posts above when the going gets tough, he cashes in his chips and goes negative like everyone else. so much for being a washington outsider, seems like he's learned the game allready.

Bingo! He has actually been running negative adds longer than McCain. It is quite frustrating that so many people don't see through his facade. He is such a great speaker that too many people don't pay attention to reality, and think he can do no wrong.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:05 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
sndsgood wrote:i just want it to end so obama can stop sending me flyers, i get one every single week and each one its about how bad mccain is and doesnt really say anything about himself. so much for being the man for change, apparently accordging to posts above when the going gets tough, he cashes in his chips and goes negative like everyone else. so much for being a washington outsider, seems like he's learned the game allready.

Bingo! He has actually been running negative adds longer than McCain. It is quite frustrating that so many people don't see through his facade. He is such a great speaker that too many people don't pay attention to reality, and think he can do no wrong.

i kinda started liking him, probalby for his good speaking, but when you realise he's acting like he's above it all and to good to do a smear campaign and then you start getting stuff in the mail bashing the other guy, you realise he's just trying to hide the fact hes no better then the other guys. me personally i say just tell me im an @!#$, dont talk nice to me then turn around and attack me from behind.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search