ATF and good old Obama's - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ATF and good old Obama's
Monday, October 27, 2008 2:17 PM on j-body.org
I personally Had a bunch of people tell me this kidna thing would happen.

I however don't appreciate the usauge of "Skin head" so losely. Yea, thats what there called, however if other racial terms were used so losely I find they would have lawsuites out the ass. Concidering the basis of the article is racial... why stir the pot with suck street talk?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_el_pr/skinhead_plot

Quote:

WASHINGTON – Federal agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

Thoughts?

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"

Re: ATF and good old Obama's
Monday, October 27, 2008 6:17 PM on j-body.org
Obama will win, he will get assassinated by someone and Biden will take over. You heard it here first.

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:25 PM on j-body.org
I lump those groups in with the remainder of the undesirables in our society. This grouping includes people of all origins.

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:13 PM on j-body.org
WIn for the OP.

I totally agree, there would practically be an uprising if the N-word or "spic" was used in an article like that. Complete double standard.

"AP – This undated photo obtained from a MySpace webpage shows Daniel Cowart, 20 of Bells, Tenn. holding a …"

At least myspace is good for something...lol

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, October 27, 2008 7:26 PM on j-body.org

how is skin-head racial? thats what THEY called themselves.....

either way who effin cares?

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:50 PM on j-body.org
"neo-Nazi's" and "skinheads" are things they call themselves. It isn't a racial slur, it is a name of a group of elitest scum bags who don't deserve any courtesy to begin with, so who the hell cares if they even WERE racial slurs?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, October 27, 2008 7:53 PM on j-body.org
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:how is skin-head racial? thats what THEY called themselves.....

need we reference rap music and other forms of popular culture to see how often black people refer to themselves and others as niggers?

although i was unaware that skinhead was considered a racial term either. not that it matters......thats just part of the great american double standard. minorities can do whatever, but white men cant do or say @!#$ w/o being called a bigot, racist, hatemonger, ignorant redneck, etc. oh well

Monday, October 27, 2008 8:56 PM on j-body.org
Two things...

titus03 wrote:Obama will win, he will get assassinated by someone and Biden will take over. You heard it here first.

No, we didn't. People have been saying that for weeks...

And

(tabs) wrote:
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:how is skin-head racial? thats what THEY called themselves.....

need we reference rap music and other forms of popular culture to see how often black people refer to themselves and others as niggers?

They say niggas, big difference

Monday, October 27, 2008 9:53 PM on j-body.org
The point is the term itself and where it's usage was. That being a major "News" article.

Nigga, spic or any other term, besides possibly it being a direct quote from someone... and even then, none would take the public risk.

The discussion wasn't how each person coins the word, It was meant that it was a bit out of context being used by press.

Really.. do you ever see an article that states- "Some Nigga got shot today slingin' crack." How about "Some Towel-head named jamel blew himself up becuase he hates the US right outside a local starbucks today" Not a chance in hell.

Tabs got it, the lovely double standard.

Monday, October 27, 2008 11:01 PM on j-body.org
umm no I think I got it when I said there is a big difference between a racial slur and a self-made term for the low life scum buckets on this earth.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, October 27, 2008 11:58 PM on j-body.org
Oh, Lordy Lordy another injustice to the white man. When will it ever end! Who's gonna be the first to bring up the BET vs WET thing??? Please I love these things!

Come on people we are talking about a term that was used for hundreds of years to degrade a entire race vs a term created by a group to describe themselves.

I can ASSURE you that no black person came up with the N word, furthermore the negative stigma that it carries makes it wrong to use by any person regardless of color. I know that alot of you are about to go "OMFGSWEERSPOTOBBQ Those rap song! They say it!" Yes, good you have heard of the rap genre now go back under your rock and die. Just because one person does it doesn't mean its as widely accepted as you think. I for one don't go around saying it, nor does anyone i know for that matter. That's like saying just because some 3 dollar whore you met like being called a bitch, every woman likes it.

True, there are some women that get off on it, but most do not. WTF are you doing hanging around with 3 dollar whores anyway?!?

I am not here to start a flame war or whatever it is you guys do on this here interweb these days, to be honest I only chimed in because of "fuzzy logic" of comparing 2 terms that were created for 2 totally different reasons.

-red(black)bird

coming soon!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:47 AM on j-body.org
Look I agree that sometimes there is a double standard against white people(I can't help but notice since I'm a honkey cracker gringo myself) but really it isn't that bad.

And oh come on - "skin head" is a racial slur now...

Please... wash the sand out of your collective vagina now.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:26 AM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:Two things...

titus03 wrote:Obama will win, he will get assassinated by someone and Biden will take over. You heard it here first.

ive been saying this for years, well before any black person has made it this close.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:01 AM on j-body.org
i despise the use of the word as well.... but it comes up in more than just one song by one artist......... and have i heard several people call themselves and their "associates " the exact same word.

sometimes i just hate the world that we live in. and when i look outside of my house, its pretty much all the time

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:20 AM on j-body.org
Ummm..... last I checked, they're called skinheads because they shave their heads... Its not a racial term at all. I know a couple of guys who were into the skin scene back in the late 80's early 90's and a lot of them were anti-racist, the problem was, as usual, that the biggest idiots of a group tend to be accepted as the status quo. But there were black skinheads too so I'm pretty sure the term has nothing to do with race.

Now, if you really want the argument about the double standard, how about Jesse Jackson calling NY "hymietown" (a slur against jews) and then leading the push to get Imus fired for "nappy headed ho's"?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:22 AM on j-body.org
bada-bing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:27 AM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:
They say niggas, big difference

No there is no difference besides dialect. the black people who actually use the word "nigga" dont pronounce any word ending in "er", they all pronounce it with "a" at the end.

whens the last time a white person DID NOT catch hell for using nigga instead of nigger.

on a slightly different topic......why is it that nigger is the only racial slur thats treated as a unmentionable word? any other racial slur can be used , in the media for example, but anytime nigger comes up it referenced as the N word.no ones says:

the K word (kyke)
the W word (wop)
the S word (spic)
......and so on

thats what I call a double standard
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:39 AM on j-body.org
why yall niggas be hatin

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:58 AM on j-body.org
AWD GS wrote:
Bad Ace Design wrote:Two things...

ive been saying this for years, well before any black person has made it this close.

He is not black, he is mulatto.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:21 PM on j-body.org
Lol maybe there is a diffrence in the two as far as there origin and context and such. I didn't intended a full out racial debate.... leave that stuff to the Rev. he seems to get wood from it. This is more about word choice... it's a trash word no matter who uses's not fit to put in press.

My thoughts at the very least pictured some kid using the article for a social studies class. Or some kid thinking it's okay to call all bald people skin heads.. it was a poor word choice

I never asked how it tied in with other racial terms.. nor how many times they call themselves that everyday, it was the point of using a term like the word "Nigga" in press. Not how the two compare put next to each other.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:They say niggas, big difference

The history of each word does not make a bit of difference. Both groups tend to call themselves each one but one happens to be extremely taboo. A black person can say cracka or honky all day long and it's either annoying or funny. But as soon as a white person says nigga in public, their looked down upon as a racist, bigot, etc. Same principle with the press, nigga is censored while white slurs aren't. America doesn't owe black people anything btw

choosey moms choose J03Y wrote:why yall niggas be hatin

/thread

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:20 PM on j-body.org
1LiTCaV wrote:Lol maybe there is a diffrence in the two as far as there origin and context and such. I didn't intended a full out racial debate.... leave that stuff to the Rev. he seems to get wood from it. This is more about word choice... it's a trash word no matter who uses's not fit to put in press.

My thoughts at the very least pictured some kid using the article for a social studies class. Or some kid thinking it's okay to call all bald people skin heads.. it was a poor word choice

I never asked how it tied in with other racial terms.. nor how many times they call themselves that everyday, it was the point of using a term like the word "Nigga" in press. Not how the two compare put next to each other.

and you still seem to be missing the fact that skinhead is not a racial term whatsoever. a big influence in skinhead culture was Jamaican rude boy culture... and skinheads started among the working class in the predominantly white UK but had nothing to do with them being white. The N word started as a derogatory term for blacks that was coined by white people, particularly slave owners/traders. There is simply no comparison as far as being racial statements, because one of them has NOTHING to do with race. Skinhead is no different than me calling someone a punk, emo, surfer, etc, its a style and culture not a race or ethnicity.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:25 PM on j-body.org
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:The N word started as a derogatory term for blacks that was coined by white people, particularly slave owners/traders. There is simply no comparison as far as being racial statements, because one of them has NOTHING to do with race. Skinhead is no different than me calling someone a punk, emo, surfer, etc, its a style and culture not a race or ethnicity.

Actually nigger started out as a word that means black... as in the color black. In particular I mean negro - the Spanish/Portuguese word meaning "black."

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:50 PM on j-body.org
Christ.. the term nigger I don't even know how got incorporated. Or this battle of waht racial or not. Shall we try publicly acceptable, work enviroment freindly (Granted you don't work at mcdonalds and have an education).

I find it offensive, and the point stands, I wouldnt want my kid's calling someone a skinhead, nigga, or any other bs "NON RACIAL" nicknames. Here's a prime example, do you use that kind of vocabulary at work... call Jaron from accounting a nigga when he's doing a good job?

No, I see no reason for it to be published either, under the same context as any other nickname for any other race or geographic origin.

So let's leave the true racial terms out of this, the focus in a completely diffrent direction

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:51 PM on j-body.org
I'm a skinhead, and I'm not a nazi bonehead. Boots and braces don't make me racist.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search