why does everyone love obama so much? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: why does everyone love obama so much?
Monday, November 03, 2008 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Both canidates have their faults. This is not a perfect world, unfortunately.

For further reading: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/fact_check_campaign_s_most_wanted

Monday, November 03, 2008 2:31 PM on j-body.org
allot of things are a wash, as many people who are voting for obama just because he is black youll have a same amount of people voting for palin just because she is a women.

the whole hollywood actors and actress whining do it because they know they can get votes from the uneducated nimrods who will vote for someone just because heartthrob joey x may leave the country if they dont vote for the guy. i dont think either candidate cares wether the voter is informed of dumb as a rock as long as they pull the lever for them.

to keeper and tabs and the like who dont like either party i wish you would vote for a third party guy. year hear it all the time people who dont want to vote for the main two but will anyway because they feel their vote would be a waste. if more people did this and people started seeing the results and realising that the third party has a chance them maybe things would be shaken up a bit. look at it this way. if you vote for a third party and yoru man loses your no worse off then if you voted for one of the main two guys and the one you chose lost.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 03, 2008 2:55 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:to keeper and tabs and the like who dont like either party i wish you would vote for a third party guy. year hear it all the time people who dont want to vote for the main two but will anyway because they feel their vote would be a waste. if more people did this and people started seeing the results and realising that the third party has a chance them maybe things would be shaken up a bit. look at it this way. if you vote for a third party and yoru man loses your no worse off then if you voted for one of the main two guys and the one you chose lost.

I don't dissagree with this on principle, but in the case of tomorrow's election, there is no way in hell that a third party candidate will get elected, so you are wasting a vote on them.

I say for all those who want a third party candidate, start tomorrow working your ass off to find more supporters who will also work their asses off, and get a grass-roots organization going. You have four years to make something happen. It's too late for this election, but you never know what you can accomplish in 4 years until you really put your mind to it.

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
sndsgood wrote:to keeper and tabs and the like who dont like either party i wish you would vote for a third party guy. year hear it all the time people who dont want to vote for the main two but will anyway because they feel their vote would be a waste. if more people did this and people started seeing the results and realising that the third party has a chance them maybe things would be shaken up a bit. look at it this way. if you vote for a third party and yoru man loses your no worse off then if you voted for one of the main two guys and the one you chose lost.

I don't dissagree with this on principle, but in the case of tomorrow's election, there is no way in hell that a third party candidate will get elected, so you are wasting a vote on them.

I say for all those who want a third party candidate, start tomorrow working your ass off to find more supporters who will also work their asses off, and get a grass-roots organization going. You have four years to make something happen. It's too late for this election, but you never know what you can accomplish in 4 years until you really put your mind to it.

if your voting for someone who you dont want to see in office just because you dont feel your guy will win, then that my friend is a thrown away vote.

there is no way an independant is just going to come out and win an election. its going to take a few votes for that to happen. right now the independants get no air time, no media time and are completly ignored. you have to get a good enough percentage on that first election to make people wake up and realise that with some effort they could win in the future. then the next election the people will talk more about them. the media will give them more coverage and then youlle gain a bit more ground. then in the next elections you may be on the same footing as the dems and repub's and can win and make change, the problem is you cant change the system overnight so you dont bother trying at all.

its like all the people who want a independant are going look at that big mountain to climb, mccain and obama are way up there. i'll never make it so your all afraid to take that first step. so what do you do. just stand there and throw your votes to people who you dont want to win in the first place and helping their mountains grow higher and higher.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 03, 2008 6:13 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:if your voting for someone who you dont want to see in office just because you dont feel your guy will win, then that my friend is a thrown away vote.

there is no way an independant is just going to come out and win an election. its going to take a few votes for that to happen. right now the independants get no air time, no media time and are completly ignored. you have to get a good enough percentage on that first election to make people wake up and realise that with some effort they could win in the future. then the next election the people will talk more about them. the media will give them more coverage and then youlle gain a bit more ground. then in the next elections you may be on the same footing as the dems and repub's and can win and make change, the problem is you cant change the system overnight so you dont bother trying at all.

its like all the people who want a independant are going look at that big mountain to climb, mccain and obama are way up there. i'll never make it so your all afraid to take that first step. so what do you do. just stand there and throw your votes to people who you dont want to win in the first place and helping their mountains grow higher and higher.

Like I said, I don't disagree on principle. I understand your point, and it makes sense.

I just believe that you have to look at it strategicly, from the standpoint of the fact that clearly one of the two will be running the country you're a part of for the next 4 years, affecting your life, and one of them will have an agenda that you are against more than the other. Is it worth letting that person get in because you want to get another guy noticed?

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:19 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

if your voting for someone who you dont want to see in office just because you dont feel your guy will win, then that my friend is a thrown away vote.

If this election were not so close I would vote third party. I just can't stand the thought of throwing my vote away essentially giving more weight to those who don't know jack about Obama but are voting foir him anyway. Since I live in Iowa and it is a swing state I simply won't do it this time around.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:26 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:I just can't stand the thought of throwing my vote away essentially giving more weight to those who don't know jack about Obama but are voting foir him anyway. Since I live in Iowa and it is a swing state I simply won't do it this time around.

Pretty much my feeling. If you feel strong enough against a candidate, it makes more sense to me to vote for the one who has the best chance of beating them.

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:32 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:I just can't stand the thought of throwing my vote away essentially giving more weight to those who don't know jack about Obama but are voting foir him anyway. Since I live in Iowa and it is a swing state I simply won't do it this time around.

Pretty much my feeling. If you feel strong enough against a candidate, it makes more sense to me to vote for the one who has the best chance of beating them.

but the sad thing is, every election everyeone says the same exact thing.....

Monday, November 03, 2008 6:36 PM on j-body.org
That's why I say, if you really want to make something happen, start tomorrow working hard to find others that will do the same. Don't wait until 2011 when the season starts again.

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:32 PM on j-body.org
As I have been saying, (yet people think i only mean join the military) get off your lazy ass's and DO something.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:44 PM on j-body.org
Too bad everyone in the world wouldn't get up off their asses and DO something. The world might actually be a nice place, were it not full of lazy idiots who can't think for themselves.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:52 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]If you vote for a Republican or a Democrat you're voiting to keep things the same, status quo bipartisan system that screwed over the country and it's citizens.
thats just as much bs as the people who vote solely on party lines. again, i use Ron Paul as an example.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

I am not going to sit here and type up my degrees that have because I don't need deter the topic to not answer a question. But I tell you one thing (IF) you are going for your Ph-D, one wonders how did you get so far with out even knowing what liberalism is. But what ever the case your responses are not Ph-D material and wish you success on your long journey ahead.
As for sleeping well at night... I know I will sleep just fine that I will be voting for candidate that is actually friend a to this country and not a foe. I would have like to see other parties or even other candidates for the republican and democrat ticket, but unfortunately that was not the case.

so you instead deter the topic and avoid the original question by going on and on about liberalism liberalism liberalism.

and for the hell of it.....unless you have or are working towards a phd or higher, what would you know about what constitutes phd material? let me go ahead and answer for you: "bs excuse that avoids the topic and merely insults you more." gee, did i get that right?

and you keep making veiled, generic references for obama, but you have yet to actually state the WHYs of your support. "he's a friend to our country" just doenst cut it. so again, WHY do you support him? please list some specifics.

Looks like you missed the point, or can't comprehend what I wrote to you, either way your response does not coincide with what I wrote. But one thing, if you remotely think that Palin is qualified for that position after opening her mouth on all these interviews, proves the point that the only reason you're going for McCain is because of party affiliation, therefore you're not a smart voter, to the very least informed voter.
Good thing voting is mandatory, right?

i'm certainly glad you haven't read (or comprehended) a single thing i've said in this thread. firstly, i am NOT voting for mccain for any reason, least of all for something as illogical as mere party affiliations. i suppose that would make you not a smart.....reader?

seriously.....get over this "if you aren't for obama you are an ignorant redneck that only votes on party lines" bull shit. its getting very old.

and so palin isnt as good of an orator as obama. what of it? at least as a governor she didnt sit on her ass voting "present" for the majority of her decisions.

Hey yawn all you want, but you are still ignorant on the notion and worst case you are spewing it like as if you know what it means. Lastly, words don't make new meaning to accommodate your stupidity, they are there as written in stone. And the right wing media and politicians all use it in the wrong context, worst thing about it, instead of learning what it means, here you are acting like a lemming and use it as to belittle people.
Good job there Ace.

as a communications major, i will adamantly argue this point. words can change from their original meanings. it doesnt mean jack shit what locke intended when he coined the term a few hundred years ago. what matters is how it is used today. you don't think words can attain new meanings? so does that mean after obama wins tomorrow that youll go around telling everyone that youre gay for obama? since gay only means happy, of course, and nothing else....

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:08 PM on j-body.org
on the issue of a thrown away vote...

im a democrat and im in texas. my vote IS thrown away because of the(STUPID @!#$) electoral college.

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 2:46 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:for those of you who plan on voting for him, please let me know why you are doing so.

Why does anyone owe you an explanation as to why they are voting for who they are voting for?

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:26 AM on j-body.org
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:
(tabs) wrote:for those of you who plan on voting for him, please let me know why you are doing so.

Why does anyone owe you an explanation as to why they are voting for who they are voting for?

its the war forum and i was trying to engage a healthy debate. if you dont feel like saying why, then theres not much need to post in here.

i ask because, as ive said in the original post, i have yet to hear many (if any) people say "well, i agree with him on his fiscal/foreign/monetary policies of X, Y, and Z". you know why people dont state specifics? its because obama rarely does either. its hard to actually agree with someone who hasnt really laid out a plan for you to agree with. instead its just been generic talk of "CHANGE" w/o actually going into detail of what that change would entail. this was meant as an open invitation to voice what individuals agreed with in particular, which it doesnt seem anyone has done.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:35 AM on j-body.org
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:

why are you in the war forum?

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:22 AM on j-body.org
Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) wrote:on the issue of a thrown away vote...

im a democrat and im in texas. my vote IS thrown away because of the(STUPID @!#$) electoral college.

so then your voting all republican right?

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:14 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
youre gay for obama...

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:58 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

no i voted for obama...

its suprisingly still close in tx...

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 7:19 PM on j-body.org
Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) wrote:
sndsgood wrote:

no i voted for obama...

its suprisingly still close in tx...

Until the white people get home from work.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:48 PM on j-body.org
lol, thats what a freind of mine stupidly said.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:39 PM on j-body.org
if/when he is elected. anyone making more than $250,000 gets their taxes increased. my mom owns a ups store and the income is well over $250,000. good news right? WRONG. it cost about $300,000 to $400,000 to run the store and she has to take some money from my dads income to run the store. so once obama gets it we go bankrupt. and there goes his helping the middle class BS. you either love him or hate him and i for one cant stand him. he is a rookie senator who hasn't strayed 2 ft off his party lines. i don't want Mccain either, or palin. biden has the best chance but i dont want any of them, i already voted and i sat there for almost 10 minutes trying to figure out who was going to @!#$ up the country the least.

This is the problem people who don't have a businesses cant seem to understand that operating costs have went up also. If people have businesses they should not be punished. Even though im Low life i fully understand that it takes money to make money. I visited my friend in NC and he has business Between the corrupt town officials to customers trying to F*(&*k him over. He burns through money like crazy if he had his taxes raised he will pass it on to customer. So how does attacking company owners help, it just means higher prices for every one else any way.

Punishing sucsess is un-American
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:57 PM on j-body.org
tax the big corporations, not the small businesses.

i had a biz here on the .org for a few years. even though it was a niche market and i admittedly didnt make jack squat in profits, my revenue was surprisingly high. i mean at $500 per hood and $800 per kit, it doesnt take much at all to add up to the 250k.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:44 PM on j-body.org
carnivorous mouse wrote:if/when he is elected. anyone making more than $250,000 gets their taxes increased. my mom owns a ups store and the income is well over $250,000. good news right? WRONG. it cost about $300,000 to $400,000 to run the store and she has to take some money from my dads income to run the store. so once obama gets it we go bankrupt. and there goes his helping the middle class BS. you either love him or hate him and i for one cant stand him. he is a rookie senator who hasn't strayed 2 ft off his party lines. i don't want Mccain either, or palin. biden has the best chance but i dont want any of them, i already voted and i sat there for almost 10 minutes trying to figure out who was going to @!#$ up the country the least.

This is the problem people who don't have a businesses cant seem to understand that operating costs have went up also. If people have businesses they should not be punished. Even though im Low life i fully understand that it takes money to make money. I visited my friend in NC and he has business Between the corrupt town officials to customers trying to F*(&*k him over. He burns through money like crazy if he had his taxes raised he will pass it on to customer. So how does attacking company owners help, it just means higher prices for every one else any way.

Punishing sucsess is un-American
Punishing success... nigga please.

Do you actually believe that you are actually gonna pay 100% of your income above $250,000 or something? It doesn't work that way. Second, the increase isn't that much - just back to Clinton era levels. I bet your mom did just fine in those years. And have you considered that she would do better if her customers(nearly all of whom will be seeing a tax drop) had more money? Much like the "stimulus checks" we got except more of a permanent thing, customers have more to spend and that help every aspect of business.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2:58 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

I am not going to sit here and type up my degrees that have because I don't need deter the topic to not answer a question. But I tell you one thing (IF) you are going for your Ph-D, one wonders how did you get so far with out even knowing what liberalism is. But what ever the case your responses are not Ph-D material and wish you success on your long journey ahead.
As for sleeping well at night... I know I will sleep just fine that I will be voting for candidate that is actually friend a to this country and not a foe. I would have like to see other parties or even other candidates for the republican and democrat ticket, but unfortunately that was not the case.

so you instead deter the topic and avoid the original question by going on and on about liberalism liberalism liberalism.

and for the hell of it.....unless you have or are working towards a phd or higher, what would you know about what constitutes phd material? let me go ahead and answer for you: "bs excuse that avoids the topic and merely insults you more." gee, did i get that right?

and you keep making veiled, generic references for obama, but you have yet to actually state the WHYs of your support. "he's a friend to our country" just doenst cut it. so again, WHY do you support him? please list some specifics.

Yep, because much the same way you dislike Obama because of rhetoric from McCain and wrongfully labeling people liberalist, it was clear what ever anyone said on this thread will not be accepted by you. In other words find excuses, to find faults.
And no I am not going for my Ph-D I already reached all the levels of my degrees, but you sir write as if you're not Ph-D material. But still wish you luck.
As for my support for him, I am not crazy for the guy, but my BIGGEST concern is the current occupation of Iraq and how much it's costing us in order to enrich a select few and have world wide hatred toward us. He did not vote for it and wants to get out, hopefully by doing so he will spend it in the US, where it is needed. There are many more reasons, but that was my biggest one.

(tabs) wrote:
Looks like you missed the point, or can't comprehend what I wrote to you, either way your response does not coincide with what I wrote. But one thing, if you remotely think that Palin is qualified for that position after opening her mouth on all these interviews, proves the point that the only reason you're going for McCain is because of party affiliation, therefore you're not a smart voter, to the very least informed voter.
Good thing voting is mandatory, right?

i'm certainly glad you haven't read (or comprehended) a single thing i've said in this thread. firstly, i am NOT voting for mccain for any reason, least of all for something as illogical as mere party affiliations. i suppose that would make you not a smart.....reader?

seriously.....get over this "if you aren't for obama you are an ignorant redneck that only votes on party lines" bull shit. its getting very old.

and so palin isnt as good of an orator as obama. what of it? at least as a governor she didnt sit on her ass voting "present" for the majority of her decisions.

Palin is a joke, enough said, period, the-end.
All I can say I am glad you didn't vote for McCain. I thank-you.

(tabs) wrote:
Hey yawn all you want, but you are still ignorant on the notion and worst case you are spewing it like as if you know what it means. Lastly, words don't make new meaning to accommodate your stupidity, they are there as written in stone. And the right wing media and politicians all use it in the wrong context, worst thing about it, instead of learning what it means, here you are acting like a lemming and use it as to belittle people.
Good job there Ace.

as a communications major, i will adamantly argue this point. words can change from their original meanings. it doesnt mean jack shit what locke intended when he coined the term a few hundred years ago. what matters is how it is used today. you don't think words can attain new meanings? so does that mean after obama wins tomorrow that youll go around telling everyone that youre gay for obama? since gay only means happy, of course, and nothing else....

Oddly enough Journalism/ Communication was one of my majors too lol.
But...
The "gay" thing was funny but not a good choice to support your platform of: "change the definition to accommodate stupidity." The word "gay" has had sexual connotations & happiness for centuries. Although funny, but you failed to prove your point.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search