why does everyone love obama so much? - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: why does everyone love obama so much?
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:33 PM on j-body.org
LOL, this is awesome. Cheap entertainment for the night.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Cursed Cav (Luke Heier) wrote:Wow, now you go and assume that I have rich parents. FYI, my parents haven't paid a PENNY of my education costs, thank you very much. They are just barely making ends meet. I've actually helped them out some. I work two jobs all year round. I pay my college tuition, my rent, my food, my clothes, my car, my insurance. When there is a will, there is a way. Get off your ass and pay your own way through. Don't wait for the government to handout money to you.

Luke I don't know why you waste your time arguing with the war forum's village idiot.

@!#$ you wade.

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:35 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Cursed Cav (Luke Heier) wrote:Wow, now you go and assume that I have rich parents. FYI, my parents haven't paid a PENNY of my education costs, thank you very much. They are just barely making ends meet. I've actually helped them out some. I work two jobs all year round. I pay my college tuition, my rent, my food, my clothes, my car, my insurance. When there is a will, there is a way. Get off your ass and pay your own way through. Don't wait for the government to handout money to you.

Luke I don't know why you waste your time arguing with the war forum's village idiot.

Haha, yeah I don't know why either. But it is sooooo much more fun than studying for a Marketing test! What can I say..I feed off of people's stupidity for my entertainment.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:39 PM on j-body.org
Red2.ZCavi - Just for you:

/end rant. that was satisfying!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:42 PM on j-body.org
lol

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:10 PM on j-body.org
Cursed Cav (Luke Heier) wrote:Red2.ZCavi - Just for you:

/end rant. that was satisfying!

That is awsome I about died laughing at those two pics.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:28 PM on j-body.org
I couldn't help but to throw that out there

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:25 PM on j-body.org
Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) wrote:@!#$ you wade.

LOL. Another well thought-out intelligent post from Red2.ZCavi.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:27 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:LOL RIGHT, and it was the white people who are supposed to be racist.

I wish Allen Keys would have run ageist him!

Chris
Is this an attempt at humor, or are you quite serious?. Because Allan Keyes tried his hand against Obama before and lost in a record landslide.

As for the whole OMG racism thing - both sides are stupid about it. The far left says that any white person who voted for McCain did so because of race. And the far right says that Black people only voted for Obama out of race and the white people who did so as well voted because of "white guilt." If you look at the loonies on both sides - they are exactly the same. Its sad.

This whole post election thing reminds me of 2000 exactly - with Republicans now acting exactly like the Democrats did then and the Democrats acting exactly like the Republicans did then. Different sides to the same sheepish coin.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:52 AM on j-body.org
When did they face off?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:38 AM on j-body.org
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:
(tabs) wrote:tax the big corporations, not the small businesses.

i had a biz here on the .org for a few years. even though it was a niche market and i admittedly didnt make jack squat in profits, my revenue was surprisingly high. i mean at $500 per hood and $800 per kit, it doesnt take much at all to add up to the 250k.

ummm....... wouldn't you have to have 250k in PROFIT for YOU after the bills for the business are paid in order for you to be considered as making 250k plus?

revenue is the gross amount that your business pulls in. you take the revenue and minus all of your expenses and expenditures to get the profit. profit, depending on the business type, market, etc is usually between negative and 30%. so if you are on the high end of profit % and come in right at 250k, then you would end up with 75k in profit. now the govt would take about 40% of that, leaving you with about 45k.

now as any small business owner will tell you, you bust your balls working. many small business owners will put in 60+ hours a week, every week, for a full year. so 60 hours a week for 52 straight weeks. thats 3120 hours in a year that you work. divide 45k by 3120 and you get $14.42 an hour for all of your hard work.

and thats on the high end of things. someone who has a profit margin of, say, 10% would be making about $4.80 an hour.

so what that means is that these are the businesses that cannot afford to have even small increases in taxes. since 90+% of the economy are comprised of small businesses, even a small increase could put many over than thin red line and into closure. if you are going to raise taxes on businesses, it needs to be done on the large, corporate level. instead of letting exxon make 60 billion in profits in a year while we pay $4 a gallon at the pumps, increase their tax by even half a percentage. then the mom and pop places can stay in business and you can have all the money you need for your welfare programs. (and those are another story on their own!)

Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) wrote:so you dont know what it says? im done with you.

i dont think anyone knows what you mean--mainly because you are making absolutely no sense whatsoever. do you even understand the words you are typing?

Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:30 AM on j-body.org
Tabs: That is the key...you tax the people that have the better margins. I agree with that

However, Obama, or McCain, would never give the proverbial shaft to those that funded their ascent to power--the bigarse corporations.

Thus, the whole tax issue: I don't think even worst-case with Obama that McCain would be any better. After all, the national debt, war in Iraq, et al would have to be paid sometime, and unless one of these politicians grow pair (balls or breasts--it doesn't matter), and start sticking it to the large corporations, who are raping the populace, wer're screwed no matter what.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:52 PM on j-body.org
and here my boy ron paul wants to do away with the irs and personal income tax. more money for all of us! but noooooo! we cant do something sensible like that!

Friday, November 07, 2008 10:21 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:When did they face off?

Chris
They faced off for Obama's IL Senate race. Yes, after (accurately) calling Hillary a carpetbagger for moving to NY to run, he did the same and moved to IL to run against Obama. He was a supreme embarrassment to the IL GOP every time he opened his mouth and IIRC Obama got better than 70% of the vote. Obama ate him alive.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the

Friday, November 07, 2008 4:15 PM on j-body.org
hmm, Never heard about it.

Chris

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:13 AM on j-body.org
The nation was in shambles. A previous ruler had led the country into an unnecessary war, the economy was failing, and a sense of depression filled the air.

Then, a new, charistmatic leader emerged.

He was a dynamic, motivating speaker, offering hope, change, and a fix to the economy. He wrote two books about his experiences, referencing their conclusions to justify his positions. He was an open christian with some muslim friends. He called for unity and considered himself an advocate of peace.

Many of his political opponents cast him as naive and inexperienced and also pointed out he had many radical ties.

But the media, and ultimately the voters, were willing to overlook that.

His name was Adolf Hitler.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:16 AM on j-body.org
The election summed up. Pokemon Style.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:25 PM on j-body.org
mikeythemars wrote:The nation was in shambles. A previous ruler had led the country into an unnecessary war, the economy was failing, and a sense of depression filled the air.

Then, a new, charistmatic leader emerged.

He was a dynamic, motivating speaker, offering hope, change, and a fix to the economy. He wrote two books about his experiences, referencing their conclusions to justify his positions. He was an open christian with some muslim friends. He called for unity and considered himself an advocate of peace.

Many of his political opponents cast him as naive and inexperienced and also pointed out he had many radical ties.

But the media, and ultimately the voters, were willing to overlook that.

His name was Adolf Hitler.

LOL

now, is he going to try to take guns away like hitler did in the 30's?

That will be a good tell tail of his agenda.

Chris

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:42 PM on j-body.org
Mike Huckabee wrote: It's no secret that I personally supported John McCain for president. I agreed with him on core issues and he and I are in the same party, but I also truly believe he's an extraordinary and honorable American hero.

I campaigned hard for him — to the point of losing my voice in fact. But Americans elected Barack Obama and it's time to put the election behind us and the country in front of us.

Barack Obama wasn't my choice, but come January 20, he will be my president. I will pray for him and his family. I want him to be successful in leading our country.

I will not seek to see all of his faults and none of his qualities.

Some of President Bush's harsh critics went beyond loyal opposition and engaged in angry, vile and mean-spirited hate.

Those of us who found that kind of attitude and behavior despicable can hardly engage in similar conduct toward a President Obama.

We can show our true patriotism conducting ourselves in the way that we wanted people to have treated President Bush.

In my lifetime, I saw the revolting and repulsive indignities of racism manifested in people of color being subjected to separate schools, waiting rooms, seating areas in theaters and water fountains.

It's an embarrassing part of our nation's history that we can never ignore. The evil, selfish — yes, sinful — treatment of other Americans because of color cannot be erased. But we can all celebrate that on this Election Day, a man was elected to live in the White House who 50 years ago would have at best been able to serve coffee there.

It means that when mothers put their children to bed, they will be able to tell them that there are no limits to their opportunities in America and young black children will be able to know that their pathway to the top is not necessarily limited to sports or entertainment, but might be through education, hard work and public service.

Surely, even the most partisan Republican can appreciate that.

If Barack Obama pushes tax increases, indifference to the sanctity of life or same sex marriages, I'll strongly and loudly disagree. But I will still show him the respect that he has earned having been elected president of the United States.

Yes, my president.

Thank you Mike, for setting a fine example for all the Obama haters.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:19 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

In my lifetime, I saw the revolting and repulsive indignities of racism manifested in people of color being subjected to separate schools, waiting rooms, seating areas in theaters and water fountains.

Like the LA riots!

Chris

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:54 AM on j-body.org
^^^All that proves, Taetsch, is that the blood is on EVERYONE'S hands.

And further proves my point. We have far too much pride--we need more shame. IMHO you shouldn't be able to exhalt your virtues publically unless you're willing to condemn your faults publically.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search