Obama vs. Harper (Canadian PM) - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Obama vs. Harper (Canadian PM)
Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:44 AM on j-body.org
This was taken from the Toronto Sun Columnists/Editorials
I thought it was interesting. It shows how the media spins everything.....

Enjoy and discuss

Greetings, fellow journalists, and welcome to the founding meeting of the Canadian chapter of The Media of Obama. Or, as we like to call ourselves, THE MOB, Canada.

As you know, THE MOB, Canada, will be operating as a subsidiary of its American parent, The Media of Obama, USA, (THE MOB, USA) for the foreseeable future.

Our job, as a branch plant of our American head office, will be to provide Canadians with objective news analysis of the glorious presidency of Barack Obama, compared to the disappointing prime ministership of Stephen Harper.

Inspired by the "news" judgment of former Democratic party strategist Chris Matthews, president of THE MOB, USA, who, during his duties co-anchoring MSNBC's coverage of the presidential primaries declared, upon hearing a speech by Obama: "My, I felt this thrill going up my leg! I mean, I don't have that too often!", we at THE MOB, Canada, will endeavour to bring similar objective news analysis to the table whenever comparing president-elect Obama to what's-his-name.

Our first order of business will be to wonder out loud -- ad nauseam -- why we can't have a leader as eloquent, wonderful, intelligent, sexy, glorious, transformational and messianic as Obama ... and then figure out if there's some way we can blame that on Harper, too.

From there, we will go on to inform Canadians of the many fundamental policy differences between president-elect Obama and the other guy.

For example, we must explain why Harper is evil, cruel, mean, homophobic and a closet Christian bigot for having supported civil unions for homosexuals, but not gay marriages, in Canada, while Obama is enlightened, wise, metrosexual and -- excuse me, I'm tearing up a bit, here -- Christ-like, for having supported civil unions, but not gay marriages, in the U.S.

This as indicated by Obama's totally secular remarks during his campaign for the U.S. Senate in 2004, when he sensitively declared: "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman." (Source, Chicago Tribune, March 25, 2007).

LACKEY OF ALBERTA OIL

Next, we must emphasize that while Harper is an unscrupulous, evil, planet-killing, lackey of the Alberta oil industry for having previously opposed efforts to fight global warming, while today hypocritically claiming to be on side, Obama is an ethical, moral, green god for having previously voted, at the urging of the Illinois coal industry as an Illinois state senator in 1998, in favour of a bill condemning the Kyoto accord and prohibiting the state from regulating greenhouse gases, while today sincerely supporting efforts to combat global warming.

Finally, let us explain to our readers and listeners why Harper is an arrogant, imperialistic, jingoistic, death-monger for supporting the war in Afghanistan, while Obama is a humble, multilateralist, peace-seeking, saint for supporting the war in Afghanistan.

Yes, fellow members of THE MOB, our mission going forward is clear.

And remember, whenever comparing the two leaders, always remind your audience about how YOU felt the night Obama was elected president of the United States.

Because, after all, that's what's really important here ... Isn't it?

Sincerely,

Lorrie ('Obama Boy') Goldstein

President, THE MOB, Canada

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search