Scary Thoughts - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scary Thoughts
Friday, November 07, 2008 1:31 AM on j-body.org
Occasionally I think of scary things. Not monsters or boogeyman, but truths about human nature that just chill my spine right down to my balls.

For example:

* All those Obama supporters who cried when he got in. Okay, some of them had reason to be emotional. Old black grandmas who'd had dogs sicced on them in the days of Jim Crow. Civil rights people. For them, I totally understand. But amongst the tearful were very rich. very suburban and very white people my age. The Grunge Generation. Cynical, ironic, anti-authoritarian, government hating rabble rousers. Is it that easy to sway people? Just tell them what they want to hear in a soothing voice?

* People who actually liked Palin more than McCain. They exist, I heard them. You can read their babblings online. Look, whatever one may say about Obama, he does talk a good game. He sounds like someone who knows what he's doing. Palin on the other hand sounds like a country fried rube who spins ignorance into cute colorful sayings and is clueless to how utterly stupid she looks to someone with an education who's seen more of the world than Disneyland. Never mind that she's a conservative. Never mind that she's a woman. Never mind her level of experiece. I'm talking about her character. That "Proud to be a Redneck that's never been outside mah country!" attitude. Are there still people like that? Jesus.

Who needs ghouls and goblins when you got the human race?

Re: Scary Thoughts
Friday, November 07, 2008 4:47 AM on j-body.org
this is what scares me.

Friday, November 07, 2008 7:23 AM on j-body.org
The American citizen as a whole in this day and age is still very naive and sheeplike. No we aren't as stupid as a half century ago. We know that duck and cover isnt going to save @!#$ in a Nuclear War. We do realize that skin color doesnt make you any less human, its just percieved that anything you achieve is based on color.

Theres still a long way to go

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, November 07, 2008 7:28 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:Is it that easy to sway people? Just tell them what they want to hear in a soothing voice?

should that ever be in question? people are mindless automatons. always have been, always will be.

Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:44 AM on j-body.org
truth is people would rather be lied to then told the truth.as long as you do it in an eloquent way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 10, 2008 12:25 PM on j-body.org

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search