Black panthers member trying to intimidate voters with a nightstick - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Black panthers member trying to intimidate voters with a nightstick
Friday, November 07, 2008 7:06 PM on j-body.org
@!#$, the Closest i shot in boot camp was 200 Yd, standing.
Earned expert.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, November 07, 2008 7:23 PM on j-body.org
Im not so good shooting free hand. Have made some very good shots on wounded game that was running, but prefer to shoot from a stable position. One of these days I would love to test the accuarcy at distance with the hunting loads for my .30-06. 180 grain bullet at 2750 fps should be decently stable for a ways out there. Or maybe get off my ass and play with some loads for the .300 Win Mag.

I would also like to shoot a .50 cal some time. Probably a little worse than the .475 Jefferies #2 I shot (would also depend greatly on the weight of the rifle). maybe some day my dad will build the .505 Gibbs he has been trying to plan out.

Friday, November 07, 2008 7:51 PM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:They hate it.

All my stuff is built for hunting, with the exception
Who cares if it is purpose built for hunting? That is not why the 2nd amendment exists

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, November 07, 2008 8:04 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:

Who cares if it is purpose built for hunting? That is not why the 2nd amendment exists

Where did I say it was?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It was there to allow the people to defend themselves against an oppresive government.

If you dont like guns then that is your choice. Personaly I find them to be my most valuable TOOL, after all they are just a tool. They bring me great enjoyment and have yet to do any harm to anyone (recoil and teh one time i was scoped by my .458 dont count obviously).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 07, 2008 8:17 PM

Friday, November 07, 2008 9:07 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:

Correct, But with this guy as president, and how the house and Senate are. I am worried about loosing the rights, once more, as they tried to do in the 90's.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, November 07, 2008 9:26 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:

Correct, But with this guy as president, and how the house and Senate are. I am worried about loosing the rights, once more, as they tried to do in the 90's.

Chris
Like him or not - he does respect the 2nd amendment and the constitution in general. You have nothing to fear on that front. Besides you know it takes a bit more than a simple majority to re-write the constitution - hence why we have seen no "Marriage Amendment," nor overturning of "Roe vs Wade" etc from Bush.

Your guns are quite safe.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Friday, November 07, 2008 9:31 PM on j-body.org
..safe like 07, or safe like 97?

having a M9, but not being to use the 15 round mag it was made for is not my idea of "safe" nor is " a gun with a flash suppressor, pistol grip, and a bayonet lug is BAD" but if you take one away, its Safe.

Any of that crap comes back...... he will be another slick willy in my book.

For now, i will hold judgment.

Chris

Friday, November 07, 2008 9:41 PM on j-body.org
Nothing to stop him from puting a bill through that severly limits ownership through impossible restrictions, licensing, fees, and taxes. You can effectivly eliminate a right through restrictions. Based on everything I have seen from his past history he would have no problem doing such a thing. They basicly did that with full auto firearms. To the best of my knowledge the only legally possessed "machine gun" used to commit a crime (since the NFA went into effect) was in the hands of a police officer. The AWB of the Clinton era was another similar attempt to limit rights and it accomplished nothing but make the Dems. feel good about themselves. Gun control laws do nothing to actually stop criminals.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:18 AM on j-body.org
I love guns, but I will say this about living in Canada. When I walk through Montreal at 4 in the morning in a bad neighbourhood, I feel totally safe. Okay... that's a lie. What I mean to say is that I feel MOSTLY safe. A hell of a lot safer than I would if I lived in Detroit or Los Angeles or New York walking in their bad neighbourhoods.

Yeah, criminals in Canada can buy guns more easily than honest citizens (which ticks me off), but regardless of that most criminals DON'T have guns. You'd think they would, but they don't. Think about it for a minute, the average black market gun up here isn't exactly cheap, nor is it probably a "clean" piece (in the sense that it probably killed three grandmas and a nun by the time it's sold in that back alley) AND you can't even buy bullets because you need a permit for that too. So 99 times out a 100 the hoodlums figure that it's simply more trouble than it's worth and carry around knives and crap. So the only criminals who tend to own guns are organized gang members like bikers and mobsters, but they're not exactly going to be mugging people on the street are they?

Dunno if it'd work in the States but as much as I hate to say it, it works here.
Saturday, November 08, 2008 4:51 AM on j-body.org
I work in Detroit, live right next to it, and have spent some time down there at night. I feel much safer than most would. On the occasions I heard gunshots in Detroit it sounded like an isolated incident (2 maybe 3 shots), and a couple times I heard full auto fire (illegally modified semi auto). My dad as a gunsmith had several Tec-9's (what a POS) come in with broken cocking pieces, no serial numbers, and some "slight" internal modifications to them. It took a fair bit of convincing to get the BATF to come in to apprehend the persons the brought them in. Classic example of not wanting to enforce an existing law (technically a min of 2).

Im guessing that Canada has fewer firearms to begin with, that would be a good starter explination as to why fewer criminals have them. Even countries with very trick control laws and on some firearms out right bans have problems with the controlled and banned firearms. Perfect example is when I was in Scotland the first time (holy @!#$ did I have to jump through hoops to bring my rifle there for some hunting) there was a guy in London shooting at police with handguns and AR variant rifles. When they raided his house I got a chub from looking at his "collection". These types of firearms had been banned for several years at this point in time. I guess the ban really did a lot of good to stop that criminal from getting LOTS of them.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:14 AM on j-body.org
Know what works really good for the swiss,

Everyone gets a FN-FAL, can carry it around everywhere, and is required to shoot 300 rounds a month.

Chris

Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:30 AM on j-body.org
^^^ I know where I want to move to.

Im sure there will be some liberal twist to this very soon.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:58 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Know what works really good for the swiss,

Everyone gets a FN-FAL, can carry it around everywhere, and is required to shoot 300 rounds a month.

Chris

It also kind of works that they live in what is pretty close to being the best country to live in the world. The Swiss have also always been traditionally non-violent. Now, I have a lot of love for you Yanks, but uh... you're not the most even tempered people sometimes.
Saturday, November 08, 2008 7:18 AM on j-body.org
IF every one had a FN... it would not pay well for somone to talk @!#$.

Chris

Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:50 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:IF every one had a FN... it would not pay well for somone to talk @!#$.

Chris

I rest my case!!!

I kid! I kid! Please don't kill me man!!!!
Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:43 AM on j-body.org
This is why i shoot better then most

Besides, I like you, your honest.

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search