The JBO 2008 voting thread - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The JBO 2008 voting thread
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:27 AM on j-body.org
big time in the electoral college. not big time in the popular vote.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:54 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:big time in the electoral college. not big time in the popular vote.

In the end the popular vote does not matter.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:14 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]I did...it was "NONE OF THE ABOVE"

I couldn't in good conscience throw away my vote on any of these clowns.
Well exactly what kinda clown WOULD you vote for? Perhaps you are just bigoted against clowns in general? Bozo the clown with punish you swiftly.

Actually, if the original Bozo was alive, I would vote for them.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
(tabs) wrote:big time in the electoral college. not big time in the popular vote.

In the end the popular vote does not matter.

i understand that. but the difference in the electoral vote belies what still stands as a few % difference in the popular vote. and if you look at some of the key states he won, it ends up being very close--many within a 1-2% swing--which gave him the large electoral # and makes it look like it was a larger victory than it really was.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2:22 PM on j-body.org
guys get over it... he lost.

hopfully his dumb ass dont try running in 2012

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Monday, November 10, 2008 11:43 AM on j-body.org
I still think that they need to get rid of the damned electoral college. It's been obsolete for a long time now.

Plus, i'm insulted at the pretentiousness of the idea: I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to vote for such matter so i vote for some dickweed (my representative) who will vote the way I want him to?

You've got to be effing kidding me!

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, November 10, 2008 12:17 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]I still think that they need to get rid of the damned electoral college. It's been obsolete for a long time now.

Plus, i'm insulted at the pretentiousness of the idea: I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to vote for such matter so i vote for some dickweed (my representative) who will vote the way I want him to?

You've got to be effing kidding me!
The funny thing is that the electoral college is supposed to keep it balanced, when in reality, it makes it possible for a candidate to focus on turning key states instead of having to campaign everywhere.

In case this makes no sense to anyone, a candidate can capaign very lightly, or not at all, in a state where they already have a huge lead, but then focus on a state where they are behind. They don't really risk anything in the state they have the huge lead in, because it's all or nothing with the electoral votes, but if they can just push over the 50% line in the state they are behind in, they will gain all of those votes.

This election wasn't a great example of it, although it's a little telling when the election was won by a landslide in electoral votes, yet only 3 percentage points in the popular vote. They focussed very hard on the states they needed to flip.

I can't believe that in 2008, we aren't all voting on computer terminals, thereby being able to see real-time what's happening. It's not like they don't posses the technology to keep it secure.

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:54 PM on j-body.org
Thanks for reminding me...How to make it better:

Abolishment of the electoral college

Abolishment of political parties in leiu of candidate merit.

And lastly...

MANDATORY VOTE AUDITS BY CITIZENS GROUPS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL ENTITY.

After all, it's well known that people from both sides adhere to the old Chicago adage of "Vote early and vote often."

I don't know about you all, but i would take some comfort in being able to recall my personal voting record and check it for errors...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, November 10, 2008 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Yep - the electoral college sucks. The only people who like it are those who come to power through it - which is exact;y why it still exists. In 2000 Republicans where fine with it when it handed Bush the victory despite losing the popular vote - and fast forward to now - I've seen Democrats talking about how the electoral college is really good after all and Obama's domination of it is proof of why it was made. LOL. But once the next Republican is elected, Republicans will remember that its a good thing after all and Democrats will remember why it is evil. Gotta love the sheeple from both parties...

It needs to die.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search