I have never seen gas prices... - Page 7 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I have never seen gas prices...
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:48 AM on j-body.org
Jesse 02 wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:

As a side note - if the economy recovers, expect gas prices to skyrocket again(as demand increases again). So if Obama does well, you will be able to legitimately thank him for gas prices rising.

you do realize that the demand never got up enough to cause the prices to go up as high as they did. In all actuality the demand started going down way before the price of oil got up so high. The reason behind the prices sky rocketing was the big banks like JP Morgan was using the oil market to make money causing a fake demand increase. Then they were selling it off before taking delivery. Notice the banks started getting in trouble they started selling off, which in turn made the value bottom out on oil. If the government would watch the futures market alittle bit better it would keep them from doing business like that if the economy ever rights itself.
I am not unaware of speculation. Prices where higher than they should have been. But even if you managed to end all speculation, once demand rises, prices will also rise. Its a basic economic principle, and economic recovery will cause a rise in demand.

and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.
...and I'm not a pedo either, everyone knows I've got a pissing/pooping fetish.
...or at least now they do

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:14 AM on j-body.org
What I was saying though is that according to a few studies I have heard states that the actual demand has never been any where near what the prices were indicating it to be. When the price of oil was in the $120-$140 range the actual demand was going down but the prices were climbing higher and higher.
Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:28 PM on j-body.org
Thus we should start making our own Oil.

I keep saying this.......

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:23 PM on j-body.org
we needed to drill a long long time ago. hopefully GM will bring the Chevy volt sooner than expected
Friday, January 16, 2009 6:29 PM on j-body.org
so, keep the mind set of "its to late to help"

Bet the french and Brits like that we did not think that way in 41

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search