***STOP***COMPARING OBAMA TO ABE and MLK!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
***STOP***COMPARING OBAMA TO ABE and MLK!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:55 PM on j-body.org
I love how the media likes to compare Obama to Martin Luther King Jr. and Honest Abe. These two men were two of the most respectable men who ever walked the face of the planet! Obama is not! He will never be. His ethics are totally opposite. The only thing he has in common with MLK is he is part black. Lets give credit where credit is due and not try to sweeten up the appearance of our new president. To compare Obama with either man is a disgrace and should be made against the law punishable by a swift kick in the nuts followed by decapitation.

Re: ***STOP***COMPARING OBAMA TO ABE and MLK!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:10 PM on j-body.org
Truth. Obama is not a savior. Not yet at least. If he turns your country around, or makes a strong effort to do so, since it's not totally up to him, then he'll get credit. If he starts needless wars and runs your deficit to $598 trillion, then I'll remember him as a loser who should rot in hell for saying he's bring change to a people who need it. People have to stop labeling him a hero before he even does anything.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:43 PM on j-body.org
^agreed. Give him a chance to do something to be compared to those great men, but he can also be remembered as the president that was worse than what we had before he came into office...

CarDomain
Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:51 PM on j-body.org
chris wrote:..but he can also be remembered as the president that was worse than what we had before he came into office...

That will never happen. There are too many people that will love him no matter what. More so than any other president because of his congeniality and eloquence. Also, when the MSM loves you and reports everything in a glowing light, too many people will simply believe it.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 4:21 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
chris wrote:..but he can also be remembered as the president that was worse than what we had before he came into office...

That will never happen. There are too many people that will love him no matter what. More so than any other president because of his congeniality and eloquence. Also, when the MSM loves you and reports everything in a glowing light, too many people will simply believe it.

You mean, like how people do with Bush? ]:->
Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:36 PM on j-body.org
No, bill was impeached,

Remember?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:12 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Agreed although the flipside to this is IF and that is a big if the media ever turns on him he could be so screwed. Though it is hard to say with how politically correct the media is.

Sean Hannity was right people will look back and say 2008 was the year the media in america died. So many skeletons hiding in his closet. The media's job is to inform us not pick our canidate for us by means of destroying one canidates image by only reporting or shall I say creating fake controversy. If you want to really know about a canidate talk radio is where it is at.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:55 PM on j-body.org
Lincoln + MLK = Obama

I did that just to piss you guys off. Obviously though, I don't see how merely being black(or half black/half white at it where) and being successful automatically makes you a civil rights champion. People just need to forget his race or whatever, it has no bearing on your performance as president. People should instead judge him on the job he does as president - which I might add he hasn't even been sworn into yet...

So yes, even though I support him thus far, I am annoyed at all the "historic presidency" talk etc etc. My store even has "'Barack Obama's historic victory' commemorative plates," which are completely retarded. I look forward to marking them down and eventually just plain throwing them away as no one buys them.

Monday, January 19, 2009 9:53 AM on j-body.org
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
Lincoln + MLK = Obama
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK
HE IS BLACK

I did that to make them more mad too. specially the He is black part
Monday, January 19, 2009 1:10 PM on j-body.org
So, what does Obama have in common with MLK & Lincoln?

Nothing YET.....

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Monday, January 19, 2009 8:31 PM on j-body.org

Monday, January 19, 2009 11:33 PM on j-body.org
WOW! that video almost made my head explode
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:41 AM on j-body.org
Maybe he will have the same idea Lincoln did and send all of the black people back to Africa. Also, maybe he will be assassinated before he is able to. (Just a thought, I'm sure it will make somebody mad). Also, I agree and I hate it when they compare him to greats like MLK and Lincoln. As stated many times before, Hitler gave great speeches too.

On a side note.... the world ends in 2012, how long will Obama be in office? Coincidence? You decide.

What's funny to me is people bragging about beating Cavaliers in street races.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:36 AM on j-body.org
Alex Patch wrote:On a side note.... the world ends in 2012, how long will Obama be in office? Coincidence? You decide.
So is Obama going to cause the end of the world, or is it just going to be the end of the world if he leaves office?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:22 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Alex Patch wrote:On a side note.... the world ends in 2012, how long will Obama be in office? Coincidence? You decide.
So is Obama going to cause the end of the world, or is it just going to be the end of the world if he leaves office?

Lol. That's why I wrote you decide. I have no idea what is going to happen. I can only hope and pray for the best.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:59 AM on j-body.org
that 2012 bit sounds familiar....mencia.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:02 AM on j-body.org
2012 is also when the Mayan calender ends.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:14 AM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:2012 is also when the Mayan calender ends.

im pretty sure the mayans just got bored with making up events and planning out days so they decided to make the world end then. i doubt it will happen. but if it does, i gotta get as many credit cards open as i can, max them out and live like a rich whore.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:14 PM on j-body.org
23:59 is when the time ends on a clock.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:52 PM on j-body.org
SO how many of you know that MLK cheated on his wife and was not always the GREAT man people think of him as. Yes the civil rights movement that he spear headed was wonderful. However it was not just him there were others many others who spoke and who simply fought the system at the time. He gave speeches and got people to move. That is all and great but he was not the only one.

The heralders of Obama will compare him with ANYTHING that links him to being black and slavery and what not forever since he has yes unfortunately made history. Funny thing though you don't hear a whole lot about his drug usage as a problem.

I must now wait and see what he will do because I didn't vote for him. He has proven himself just slightly. He may lift the ban on gays in the military which means that people who have been clambering for their rights will now have the chance to protect them. Except I know he did it to show he has and "open" mind, for gays.

I had to listen to his inaugeration speech and it is funny the oh so strong character that built America is really not what the Democratic party stands for.

Oh well I will just have to wait and watch as he lets down all the black people who think they will automatically succeed now becuase we have a black president. Cool thing is now when they say the man is keeping them down now its own of their own.

Sweet I get to think the man keeps me down!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:24 PM on j-body.org
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:...I had to listen to his inaugeration speech and it is funny the oh so strong character that built America is really not what the Democratic party stands for...

I listened to that and thought similarly. His call for more liberty, more personal responsibility, and prosperity, and to not have to appologize for our way of life all fly in the face of what he's been talking about, and what he's stood for so far. I can only hope that he listens to his own speach, and strikes a chord with himself on that. Pretty ironic, huh?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:48 PM on j-body.org
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:
Oh well I will just have to wait and watch as he lets down all the black people who think they will automatically succeed now becuase we have a black president. Cool thing is now when they say the man is keeping them down now its own of their own.

True story.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:40 PM on j-body.org
this does mean that the Nigger jokes are free game!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:42 PM on j-body.org
Relating the the Mayan Calendar, the end of their calendar isn't supposed to be the end of the world, its just the end of their calendar - which then starts over. Much like how 11:59PM(that's 2159 for you Taetsch) is the end of the day, but the clock just rolls over to start the next day.

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:SO how many of you know that MLK cheated on his wife and was not always the GREAT man people think of him as. Yes the civil rights movement that he spear headed was wonderful. However it was not just him there were others many others who spoke and who simply fought the system at the time. He gave speeches and got people to move. That is all and great but he was not the only one.
So you're saying that MLK was... human? You're saying that he was not a divinely created being of light? Clearly you are racist.

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:all the black people who think they will automatically succeed now becuase we have a black president.
Its good enough to me if they at least give it there all to succeed. I think far too many minorities don't make the full effort because they think they are doomed to failure anyways - since they think "the man is gonna hold me down." If they see Obama and think they now can actually succeed if they try(which was just as true before he got elected), then they might actually try at least. I think the only benefit minorities are gonna see out of the Obama presidency is a psychological one - but its a much needed one IMO.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:01 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:Relating the the Mayan Calendar, the end of their calendar isn't supposed to be the end of the world, its just the end of their calendar - which then starts over. Much like how 11:59PM(that's 2159 for you Taetsch) is the end of the day, but the clock just rolls over to start the next day.

LOL. DId you mean 2359?

I don't know of any place in the world that has only 22 hours in the day.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search