OBAMA AND THE SECOND AMENDMENT - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OBAMA AND THE SECOND AMENDMENT
Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:53 AM on j-body.org
.,...... Not if there wearing a heavy coat.....

want me to send you some buck?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:22 AM on j-body.org
This is true but i do have other options if need be. I plan on never needed to use any of the options though.

I have seen game loads do surprising amounts of damage to quite a few things before. I think I may have a box of buck somewhere around here.

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:15 AM on j-body.org
I was actually looking into getting a GLOCK 17 9x19 but I would honestly feel no need, EVER to carry it outside my home except for training or going to the range

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:34 AM on j-body.org
There have been many times and places I would have felt much safer having a handgun with me. As it is I always have something that could be used for personal defense.

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:36 AM on j-body.org
I used to do alot of mountain biking also where I would have felt alot safer with one, theres bears up where I ride

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:07 PM on j-body.org
If you think any president is going to take away your guns your bat @!#$ crazy.

The government tried taking away alcohol at one point in history and we see how well that worked.

-Chris

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:17 PM on j-body.org
ya, they did, and crime went thought the roof....

same would happen..

and billery did it to "HIGH CAPACITY" Mags in the 90's...

never knew a 14 round .45 mag was more deadly then a 10 round mag...

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:37 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I was actually looking into getting a GLOCK 17 9x19 but I would honestly feel no need, EVER to carry it outside my home except for training or going to the range

lmao. dont shoot yourself in the foot

and if the pres/government took away the right to bare arms. then the only people who would be able to get them are the criminals

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:40 PM on j-body.org
and me*

because, you can take my gun, from my cold dead hand.

Chris

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:27 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Agreed

You can have mine when you pull it out of my hand. Im not going down without a fight.

They dont have to ban them to effectivly remove them from the general population. Through taxes and limitations/excesive requirements they can effectively get rid of most. Of course these rules and laws only apply to lay abiding people. My dad used to be a gunsmith and saw plenty of illegaly modified firearms. Turns out the government would rather enact a new law than arrest the people that bring in illegal firearms.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:34 AM on j-body.org
True!

Chris

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:02 PM on j-body.org
Theres a difference between having guns and morons taking street sweepers and grenade launchers outside in the public, you have to draw the line somewhere, the 2nd amendment will never be removed but there should def be limits to what a non military civilian should be allowed to have. Some people I know have an armory that would make the terminator smile, enough to take over a small country. Its excessive and its a liability to the public safety. If the place ever went up in flames it would take out 5-6 houses around it.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:25 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Theres a difference between having guns and morons taking street sweepers and grenade launchers outside in the public, you have to draw the line somewhere, the 2nd amendment will never be removed but there should def be limits to what a non military civilian should be allowed to have. Some people I know have an armory that would make the terminator smile, enough to take over a small country. Its excessive and its a liability to the public safety. If the place ever went up in flames it would take out 5-6 houses around it.

those people with an armory that you know are not going out and killing people are they? or holding up banks are they? no they are not

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:03 PM on j-body.org
99redz24 wrote:those people with an armory that you know are not going out and killing people are they? or holding up banks are they? no they are not

Yes they are!! (They are minority but they do exist)
haven't you heard of a "Drive by"? When a scum drives a car full of people and the passengers inside the car pull out machine guns or whatever they have and start shooting somebody's house as they "drive by".
technically they are trying to kill people, but I don't think we are going to get rid of the second amendment. They can try all they want but it is not going to happen.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:51 PM on j-body.org
Ok, things like grenade launchers, silencers, and "machine guns" are damn near impossible to LEGALLY own already. Really as far as most gun control people are concerned I have to many firearms and I dont have that many. As far as I know the only legally owned full auto to be used in a crime since registration was required was used by a police officer. The people shooting up teh streets are not using legally owned/obtained firearms. You can legislate all you want but unless the current laws are enforced you wont make a dent in the illegal use with new laws/requirements.

Perfect example. Back in 1999 when I was in Scotland for some hunting a guy in London was shooting at police with handguns and AR style rifles. Both of these items had been illegal for quite some time by then. I was amazed by the collection they found in his home. You can not stop the criminals with laws.

There is no danger to public safety if firearms are properly stored, maintained, and used. A firearm on its own can not do anything, it takes a person with bad intentions to use it in a manner that causes undue harm to another person. My shotgun in the corner of my room has yet to hurt someone, in fact the only time it does anything is when I physically move it.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:31 PM on j-body.org
You all do know that (if you ever read the Federalist\Anti-Federalist papers) Citizens are supposed to have\be able to get CURRENT MILITARY ISSUED ARMS.

I want my M249!

Chris

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:36 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
99redz24 wrote:those people with an armory that you know are not going out and killing people are they? or holding up banks are they? no they are not

Yes they are!! (They are minority but they do exist)
haven't you heard of a "Drive by"? When a scum drives a car full of people and the passengers inside the car pull out machine guns or whatever they have and start shooting somebody's house as they "drive by".
technically they are trying to kill people, but I don't think we are going to get rid of the second amendment. They can try all they want but it is not going to happen.

those people are criminals. not your random good people that rodi, you, or i know that have the sense not to do a "drive by"

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:59 PM on j-body.org
having a random AK is not a "armory"....... those guns are junk.

over the last 100 years the government has been able to hinder the Second Amendment, all in the name of Security, and they still WANT MORE LAWS.

face it, they wont stop until they have total control.

Or we listen to what our founding fathers said...

"Some times the the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of tyrants."
(I think Thomas Jefferson said it...)

Chris

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:32 PM on j-body.org
Pretty much every gun law thats been passed has been good , such as the ban on assault weapons the background checks so that guns dont get into the hands of criminals, not that it stops it, but it helps

your still allowed to have as many guns as you want at your home, that will never change, thats how it should be

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:47 PM on j-body.org
The assault rifle ban was a complete joke. The background check is another joke. The idea is nice however the system has some flaws. I have seen people with 100% clean records be denied because somewhere someone else with the same name (first and last only) has a blemish. They also dont crack down on people that try to buy something even though they know they cant. You would be surprised how hard it was for the shop my dad worked at to get the BATF to come in and investigate/arrest the people bringing in modified semi auto pistols. Yes it is illegal to modify your semi auto to fire multiple rounds per trigger squeeze.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:34 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:bk3k- not even you can disprove the FACTS on how he has voted and the conflicts of interest that surround him. Facts are indeed facts. As far as all of the other stupid Obama threads........... the last 8 years there were probably 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 stupid posts about the former president. Get ready because this is only the beginning of the next 4 years of stupid posts.

Great, just what we need, memory eating "stupid threads."

One thing is for sure, we need to reinstate the "Brady Bill." It is not a good thing when criminals are going around with "six shooter" while our law enforcement have to make do with "bows and arrows."

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:39 AM on j-body.org
LOL

dumb.

LE has M4's... so your saying that Criminals have M249's?

Chris

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:45 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

One thing is for sure, we need to reinstate the "Brady Bill." It is not a good thing when criminals are going around with "six shooter" while our law enforcement have to make do with "bows and arrows."

WOW, the brady bill did nothing to stop criminals. If a law enforcement agency is under armed it isnt because a criminal bought a better firearm. I will use the North Hollywood bank as an example. From all teh footage I have seen the robbers were using full auto AK style rifles. They were not legally owned. The LE was under armed because they never had to deal with this type of thing and what they had was not suitable for body armor. Of course if they were a good enough shot they could have completely avoinded teh armor and gone for teh head. Th epolice went to a local gun shop and borrowed firearms so they could do their job. If such firearms were illegal to buy then the shop would not have had them and the robbers would have probably done a lot more damage than they did. All that gun control laws do is hamper law abiding citizens rights. You can not legislate criminals out of commiting crime.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:47 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I was actually looking into getting a GLOCK 17 9x19 but I would honestly feel no need, EVER to carry it outside my home except for training or going to the range

Are you serious? God you are such a @!#$ band-waggon faggot.

Seriously, being the anti-gun cry baby in EVER SINGLE gun thread didn't make you nearly as cool as you thought it would, so now you come into one and say you are going to buy a gun? Hoping it will make you fit in a little better than your anti-gun approach did? You need to STFU in every gun thread on the forum. You know nothing about them, nothing about the citizens who legally own them, and apparently now that you realize being the "against the grain" anti-gun pussy in every gun thread didn't make you cool, you want one now. Grow up and shut up seriously. God you annoy the @!#$ out of me sometimes.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:21 PM on j-body.org
I seriously wonder when the majority of people will accept the fact that anti gun laws don't do anything but keep law abiding citizens from owning them. Criminals get their hands on guns no matter what the laws are, so why stop the law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search