Our Great new President..... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Our Great new President.....
Monday, January 26, 2009 6:18 AM on j-body.org

Re: Our Great new President.....
Monday, January 26, 2009 6:44 AM on j-body.org
As harsh as this may sound, i don't mean it to be an attack on you or your country, but i'm sure he had a just cause

....like trying to fix everything else your fellow US citizens bitch about.

And the fact that he visited 10 other balls that same night..now i don't know about you, but i would most certainly be exhausted.

Again i don't mean any disrespect but i mean cut the guy a little slack, he's got some big shoes to fill.

Yes, i'm not American and Yes i'm ready for a good flamming.

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:44 AM on j-body.org
Y'know, I'm getting tired of all the 24/7 wenching about obama. It's getting really old.

...but this is over the line. How can he not attend this, but find time to hang out with Jay-Z?

*sigh*

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:49 AM on j-body.org
hey thrice, the medal of honor is a big fuxxing deal over here.

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:49 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:Y'know, I'm getting tired of all the 24/7 wenching about obama. It's getting really old.

...but this is over the line. How can he not attend this, but find time to hang out with Jay-Z?

*sigh*

x2

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:52 AM on j-body.org
Thrice . wrote:As harsh as this may sound, i don't mean it to be an attack on you or your country, but i'm sure he had a just cause

And the fact that he visited 10 other balls that same night..now i don't know about you, but i would most certainly be exhausted.

Again i don't mean any disrespect but i mean cut the guy a little slack, he's got some big shoes to fill.

Direct quote from the article...

"Instead, Barack Obama chose to be in the company of Kanye West, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Stevie Wonder, Mary. J. Blige, Usher, Faith Hill, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, Shakira, will.i.am, Samuel L. Jackson, Sting, Mariah Carey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sheryl Crow and Marc Anthony, amongst numerous other celebrities in attendance at the balls he did appear at."

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:20 AM on j-body.org
where's a picard when you need one

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:33 AM on j-body.org
BUT BUT BUT He is wonderful i thought he was superman. I thought he could do everything. Oh except show respect. Remember when he took of his flag pin and fought about puting it back on.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:49 AM on j-body.org
This is no different then when he blew off visiting the wounded troops during the campain to go to the gym. So it really does not surprise me at all. Actions like this seriously make me question the respect he has for our military.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:54 AM on j-body.org
J03Y Esquire wrote:where's a picard when you need one

There you go.

ALmost makes teh "combobreaker" picture fitting.

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:05 AM on j-body.org
whooptie freaking do

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:14 AM on j-body.org
The Article wrote:
The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”

I guess the authors of the article are making a bigger deal out of it than the organizers of the event...

Mountain out of a mole hill I believe is the correct term.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:15 AM on j-body.org
every single president, has done it CONSECUTIVELY, not just here and there but every time since 1953, and yet he can see the pop stars, HI, IL, PA, DE, and other stuff but cant go to the medal of honor ceremony which if im correct, is the HIGHEST medal you can recieve, or just a video game, not sure. and it was in DC, im trying to think where he was inaugurated... oh yeah... and cant take 10 minutes out of your day to do so? that is just wrong...

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:18 AM on j-body.org
Okay, so unless someone shows me pictures of Obama hanging around with all those celebrities I don't care what the news says. They said those celebrities were in attendance at the balls he showed up at, doesn't mean they were with him all night. Yes, it's a little depressing that Obama was unable to show up at the ball, but considering how many people want his head on a platter it was probably pretty hard to get around with all his protection after going to 10 balls around D.C.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:38 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:whooptie freaking do
X2 it was inauguration night for god sake . Find something legitimate to bitch about. So he didn't make 10 parties that night . I understand that it is the most prestigious award a military person can receive but that doesn't make him a bad person for not attending a party. So Bush attended this party and then sent thousands to their death in iraq...

Windy City TurboZ
Monday, January 26, 2009 8:45 AM on j-body.org
I only one who i remember him "hanging out" with was Beyonce and she sang to him and his wife. I did watch him go to the Young party or what ever it was called, aka Mtv party where Kid Rock and Kayne West played. He walked out on stage was there for about 5-8 minutes and dipped.

This is my guess- purely my guess and will probably start something else.

Gosh he was giving props back to the people who supported him- the young voters who helped make history. I don't know if the American Legion supported but I highly doubt that had anything to do with him not showing up.

I don't think he went to the BET ball- does that mean Obama is a racist now?

Come people - like it was said mountain out a mole hill. There where tons of balls he can't go to all of them.
Monday, January 26, 2009 8:47 AM on j-body.org
Those that as you so poorly put it who were sent to their death chose that path.

Wake up if you don't realize that when you enter the armed forces you are there to fight in one way over another.

And just to make it clear you don't help your country by dying for it you help it by making the other sorry son of a bitch die for his.

I quote George S. Patton.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Monday, January 26, 2009 9:04 AM on j-body.org
Thrice . wrote:As harsh as this may sound, i don't mean it to be an attack on you or your country, but i'm sure he had a just cause

Canada = loose

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:11 AM on j-body.org
Stephen (Cav) wrote:

Canada = loose

I'm sure there are some women in Canada that are loose. I think you were wanting to say "canada = lose" in which case "public education in americal = fail".

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:23 AM on j-body.org
James Larsen wrote:
Stephen (Cav) wrote:

Canada = loose

I'm sure there are some women in Canada that are loose. I think you were wanting to say "canada = lose" in which case "public education in americal = fail".

awesome reply.

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:23 AM on j-body.org
Stephen (Cav) wrote:

Canada = loose

You can't even spell lose, you're dumb as a pile of cat turds.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Stephen (Cav) wrote:

Canada = loose

Canada = i couldn't care less. politics are dumb, and the political parties associated with the government are even more dumb and i'm speaking about all countries, not singling out the US and Cana-duh.

If the news is going to make a big deal about a black guy hangin with his g's then we're all in for a sh!t storm.

It looks to me like Obama is just showing that he has nothing to be proud of his country for since it used to be run by a tool, and no-one really stood against him (meaning bush [obviously everyone has their own opinions about him, personally i think he is retarded, so you can replace the word "tool" with whatever word you feel fit]) So he is rewarding his country by skipping the medal of honour (for which was awarded for fighting in a war [Pretty sure Obama was against it from the start]) to show that for him to make an appearance, do something worth while.

Now i'm not putting down soliders, i'm just saying everyone makes dumb mistakes, especially Ex-leaders (bush for ex.) and now because someone with some actual power (Your new pesident versus the silenced voices of the citizens when Bush was leading) has an opinion it's a huge deal.

So he chose to see friends instead of going to an event of which he may not entirely stand for the meaning of why they're holding it.

Don't reward people for doing stupid things.....key example, the tv show Jackass. They do dumb crap, and make millions.

I'm not saying me/my country are perfect (far from it) but don't hate on a guy for NOT doing something he DOESN'T stand for.

p.s. i'm not trying to start a fight, remember i'm Canadian, i'm all about the love.

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:33 AM on j-body.org
Now that I look at my reply, I spelled america with an l, maybe I should have put "publik edumacation 'n Amerca = phail"

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:33 AM on j-body.org
James Larsen wrote:
Stephen (Cav) wrote:

Canada = loose

lol....

And Obama should have been at the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball, IMO...it's a slap in the face to the military.. "I want you to fight but I don't really give a $hit about you." is how i would of took it....

I'm sure he didn't want it to sound like that, but that's how alot of people including me, took it....and i do not blame them...i am very surprised that American Legion didn't care...or there just not publicly admitted that they do.

for the record....i would have did what he done though, probably was one hell of a night

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Monday, January 26, 2009 9:35 AM on j-body.org
Big f*ckin deal

He is going to be criticized in any possible way, if not more than every other president.

If he doesnt have his tie straight he'll probably be criticized.

Like I said in another thread... I didn't vote for him, nor did I want him in office, but he is, so I hope the truly important matters are dealth with and he makes the right choices for this country.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search