Our Great new President..... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Our Great new President.....
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:40 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:Keep in mind in 8 years, time will only prove one of us right!
God help us if it's 8. He's planning enough damage after a week. Can you imagine how much he could do in 8?

Somehow I have a feeling he will be elected to a second term.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:41 PM on j-body.org
I wonder how many of those veterans even support obama?

Hell half the american population is griping that its an outrage he even got elected...

Whos this "Julie" person anyway, whats her credentials? I agree this is a @!#$ mountain out of a mole hill to me, Maybe for once we will have a president who DOES something instead of simply getting caught in the procedural political bull@!#$. Paying respect is nice, but I do believe his job is to run a country, not pay his homages.

If I remember correctly we are in the worst economical state since the Great Depression too, that was WAY before 1953 so I think him being occupied with other matters is not so far fetched, Regardless of what else he did that night.

Or here is an idea, lets stop raining our praise on decorated wartime veterans and instead make it a point to bring thanks and praise to the people who DONT receive that everyday and do not get recognized all that often. They would probably appreciate it a hell of a lot more.

As far as I'm concerned a good president should not have any more political or personal interest in the military then he would in any other special interest groups. He should be an objective decision maker on all fronts.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:19 AM on j-body.org
Alex Richards wrote:I wonder how many of those veterans even support obama?

Hell half the american population is griping that its an outrage he even got elected...

Whos this "Julie" person anyway, whats her credentials? I agree this is a @!#$ mountain out of a mole hill to me, Maybe for once we will have a president who DOES something instead of simply getting caught in the procedural political bull@!#$. Paying respect is nice, but I do believe his job is to run a country, not pay his homages.

If I remember correctly we are in the worst economical state since the Great Depression too, that was WAY before 1953 so I think him being occupied with other matters is not so far fetched, Regardless of what else he did that night.

Or here is an idea, lets stop raining our praise on decorated wartime veterans and instead make it a point to bring thanks and praise to the people who DONT receive that everyday and do not get recognized all that often. They would probably appreciate it a hell of a lot more.

As far as I'm concerned a good president should not have any more political or personal interest in the military then he would in any other special interest groups. He should be an objective decision maker on all fronts.

At this point it is insignificant how many support or do not support him, he was elected and just like every other time you have 4 years to begin researching what you would like to vote for or against in the next elections.

Your microcosm does not half the population make. And just in case you mean half by the other parties, well no @!#$ no one likes to lose, and if they did would you want them as the elected leader of your country?

IF he is able to make good on any or a small few of his campaign promises then there will most likely be little chance of re-election IMHO just due to the fact that although people want "change", as it was the apparent campaign moniker, most people are unable to adapt to "change" regardless if it is a good change or not. Other things he would personally like to do as far as policies will piss of myself and a great number of the people I know, only time will tell.

The military, while I can see where you are coming from, is not a special interest group. Veterans groups, of which I do belong, are special interest groups. Agreeably some of them are some whiney ass bitches, but do not think for one second that the members of the likes of PETA, NAMBLA, BSoA, or any other special interest group deserve equivalent "face time" or political interest from the President. IIRC he is the Commander in Chief, regardless of how some feel aboot that. As Com. in Chief he is the top of any military chain of command.

Some wartime vets do get a lot of praise, others do not nor do they care to. There are attention whores in all walks of life. If you feel so strongly on the subject the people you think deserve all this praise surely have their fair share of attention whores who would love a little recognition and you can start the organization to do it for them. Remember, attention whores do not appreciate the attention, they crave it.

(insert holy deity here) help us all if some white american bigot ass clown does try to assassinate the president or even succeed, we won't need to worry aboot Al-Queda for a while.

Edit: PETA just may need a little more attention, but only because they are @!#$ whacked out eco-terrorists.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:33 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:but now, with the release of everyone we have detained..

its all for nothing.

Chris

The problem I had with Guantanamo always had to do with the hypocrisy of it and not some bleeding heart concern for the rights of the people imprisoned there. Frankly, the US tried to have it both ways. It wanted to perpetually detain people without trial forever and at the same time pretend it was being humanitarian. Come on now.

Either put them up on trial, kill them or let them go. If you don't have enough evidence to convict them and you feel strongly enough that they're dangerous, at least have the balls to shoot them in the head. They may be the enemy, but every soldier deserves the honor of dying for their cause. You can't just leave them to rot like that.

there not soldiers... they serve no "flag" thus, they get treated like spies, and the Geneva convention articles do no apply to them.

i say shoot them.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:50 AM on j-body.org
^^^^^
I day drop them off in the desert strapped with an explosive vest and let them pull the triger. Let them take their own life. We will see how much they trust their god and that what they are doing is right. We will see how bad their cowardly leaders want to commit suicide for 72 virgins.

But seriously what do you do with them? We can't just release them back into the country they came from to continue to try to kill us. There is no rehabilitating somone who is that messed up in the head.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:45 AM on j-body.org
This is kinda 2-3 days old but for those who don't know the president is trying to pass another stimulas check bill. The problem is that the republicans are questioning why EVERYONE including NON TAX PAYERS are included? Why are they? Why should the country go more in debt paying for people who aren't contributing to society by paying their taxes as I am and every other hard working American? What is the reasoning there? Someone please explain your presidents thoughts here?
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:20 PM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:This is kinda 2-3 days old but for those who don't know the president is trying to pass another stimulas check bill. The problem is that the republicans are questioning why EVERYONE including NON TAX PAYERS are included? Why are they? Why should the country go more in debt paying for people who aren't contributing to society by paying their taxes as I am and every other hard working American? What is the reasoning there? Someone please explain your presidents thoughts here?

For the same reason Canada does it, because people will spend that money in 2 seconds. It's not a tax rebate, it's a stimulus bill for companies and wal-marts and whatall. Doesn't matter who gets it, only that they'll spend it mighty quick.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:09 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:
Wiezer Walley wrote:This is kinda 2-3 days old but for those who don't know the president is trying to pass another stimulas check bill. The problem is that the republicans are questioning why EVERYONE including NON TAX PAYERS are included? Why are they? Why should the country go more in debt paying for people who aren't contributing to society by paying their taxes as I am and every other hard working American? What is the reasoning there? Someone please explain your presidents thoughts here?

For the same reason Canada does it, because people will spend that money in 2 seconds. It's not a tax rebate, it's a stimulus bill for companies and wal-marts and whatall. Doesn't matter who gets it, only that they'll spend it mighty quick.

The rebate for non-tax payers is bad enough, but it's only the small part of the problem.

The Congressional Budget Office analyzed the "stimulus" plan, and questioned why the majority of it will be spent in 2-6 years, and much of it seems to have nothing to do with job creation.

There is almost nothing but government expansion in it. Pork, pork, and more pork. Everything that the liberals have tried in other ways to get passed, but now they figure that in the name of stimulus, they can make the country fear the inaction, and let it get pushed through. What happened to the Obama that was not going to sign a single bill with any pork or earmarks? Is anyone beginning to see him for what he really is yet?

And nice example of bi-partisanship, huh? He'll meet with the Republicans, but throws out everything they suggest, and simply keeps trying to pressure them to support it.

I like how the administration created the website recovery.gov to allow "transparency" as to where and how the bill's money is spent, but does not have any info currently, and says to check back after this bill passes. Clearly they don't want the public to see what they're doing until it's too late.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:37 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:^^^^^
I day drop them off in the desert strapped with an explosive vest and let them pull the triger. Let them take their own life. We will see how much they trust their god and that what they are doing is right. We will see how bad their cowardly leaders want to commit suicide for 72 virgins.

But seriously what do you do with them? We can't just release them back into the country they came from to continue to try to kill us. There is no rehabilitating somone who is that messed up in the head.

You do as General did 90 years ago,

Line them all up, kill a pig, dip the rounds in pigs blood, and kill all but ONE, send the one back, tell him "every round used to kill you PEOPLE will have pigs blood on it."

But a hogie president would not like that.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:06 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:^^^^^

You do as General did 90 years ago,

Line them all up, kill a pig, dip the rounds in pigs blood, and kill all but ONE, send the one back, tell him "every round used to kill you PEOPLE will have pigs blood on it."

But a hogie president would not like that.

Chris

Why bother telling them? Either you're ready to exterminate them or you aren't. If you threaten people, you're just boasting for you own enjoyment. It's just for you, does nothing for them. This isn't a schooyard brawl, it's a war. War isn't about feeling better, it's about killing people and it's about winning. War is cold, very cold. You're too passionate and angry for war. You're an idealist. Someone who wants the world to be the utopia you were promised so badly that you hide all that anger behind conservative stubborness. I admire the sentiment, I was like you once, but wars aren't fought with passion. They're fought with funerals. Whoever ends up with the most loses.

Also, Muslims don't have that big an aversion to pork. They're not supposed to eat it, but it isn't a sin in a time of crisis.
Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:31 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Knoxfire wrote:

Politicians care about soldiers in the same way a carpenter cares about his hammer. He may be fond of it, but he can always get another if one breaks. It's a tool, no more. Don't go getting any illusions. Only men who've bled care, no one else can understand.

QFMFT

And no sense in trying to make them understand, or being pissy aboot it if they don't.

Yep.
The military in last century and today are the business' peons. We don't go to war for defense, we go for buisness interest. With this being said if you feel better that you joined that is your prerogative, but don't expect every one to cheer and praise your enlistment, some go past that and just feels sorry for you because you fell for it.

Lastly, this was a toughie... Obama not going, or Bush jr administration not properly taking care of the Vets from past or current wars and occupations. Have any doubts on what I said, look up Bob Woodruff's findings.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:43 AM on j-body.org
they believe that they will be soiled if they eat it. Gen. Pershing set a president when he killed them with pig blood lased .030 cal rounds.. making them believe that they cant go to heaven.

Im ok with that.

Chris

Friday, January 30, 2009 3:57 PM on j-body.org
It's not like the media is tracking where they go after being released from Gitmo... My guesses:
A) Antarctica is the new Australia, or B) we are just taking them back to Irag/Afganistan and pumping them full of hot lead before dropping them out of a chopper.

And I agree, people are missing the "stimulus check" concept, although I would most definitely prefer a tax rebate program.

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Friday, January 30, 2009 4:17 PM on j-body.org
Your right.

The Military dose\has\and HOPEFULLY, will continue to do so.
(when we released them in the past... and 9 times out of 10, they end up back there....)

Chris

Friday, January 30, 2009 4:22 PM on j-body.org
One other thing that I forgot to mention about the stimulus checks in the plan:

They are a "refundable tax credit". In plain english, you're going to pay it back at some point. The term refundable tax credit has been used for a first time homebuyers one-time tax credit (refund) that can be used toward a down payment on a new home purchase, but is then repaid as a no-interest loan. This is another reason that this will not stimulate the economy. A marginal tax rate decrease across the board, even a small one, is a permanent incentive that everyone can grab onto. Think about this: if you get $1000, you might pay off some bills, or you might blow it, but from then on, your paychecks will be the same, and it's back to how it was before the $1000. If your tax rate drops, your paycheck increases, and you now know that you have more money every week, so you start to feel better about your situation, and loosen up a little. This spread across the board equals widespread increase in consumer confidence, investment confidence, and economic activity. With this, in spite of a rate drop, the actual tax revenue will increase over what is currently being collected.

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:16 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:If your tax rate drops, your paycheck increases

I think that's what the republicans want to see on this stimulus bill and hopefully the democrats will add tax cuts to business owners and workers and also delete programs off the bill that we do not really need.
it will get there hopefully
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search