OBAMA AND THE SECOND AMENDMENT - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OBAMA AND THE SECOND AMENDMENT
Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:49 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

You all do know that (if you ever read the Federalist\Anti-Federalist papers) Citizens are supposed to have\be able to get CURRENT MILITARY ISSUED ARMS.

TRUTH. The Constitution defines in the 2nd amendment what a well armed militia is: and elegible militia members are --- EVERY CITIZEN.

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:48 AM on j-body.org
^^ If you listen to most democrats the militia is the state national guard. They dont care about individual gun owner rights. I have had to listen to the BS from anti gun people for as long as I can remember. Even in school they used to try and cram it down our throat that guns are bad and cause crime to go up. My teachers would get upset when I took a week off every fall so I could go up deer hunting. I had one teacher try and claim that every firearm designed for military use at any time in history should be banned. That would include just about every one out there as just about every action is based on a military design.

Most of my Mausers are based on a design from 1898 and one is a 1896 design.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 30, 2009 7:50 AM

Friday, January 30, 2009 4:14 PM on j-body.org
Guess they don't know history well.....

lets see how does...

Why were the first shots fired in the Revolution? And what were the British marching on Concord for?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:27 AM on j-body.org
So I state that I want to learn the proper way to use a gun from professionals and I get flamed for it, wow if the intelligence was any lower I would be amazed

I'm not anti gun, I'm anti stupidity with guns theres a difference. Seriously your the one that needs to grow up you dont know how to debate anything in a respectful manner. Also its pretty hilarous that the one with the most childish behavior at the bash that got the cops called on us for setting off fireworks at 2am tries to accuse else anyone of being immature or stupid.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:32 AM

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:34 AM on j-body.org
1. You just said "...accuse else anyone of being immature or stupid." that is hilarious. In the 2 edits you put on that post, you couldn't correct that pure display of stupidity and lack of knowledge for grammar, in a statement of you trying to call someone stupid. I'm seriously having a hard time breathing over laughing at you right now.

2. You say you are not anti-gun but every time someone makes a post about their new gun, you say "no one needs a gun like that" or some other completely ignorant @!#$.

Seriously, Matt, I don't know how many times I have said this to you in the gun threads: Buying, owning, modding, and shooting guns is a hobby to a lot of law abiding citizens and we enjoy the hell out of it. None of those people are hurting anyone with their guns. A lot of us also hunt. The people you are referring to, committing crimes, don't get their @!#$ legally any way. How is my hobby of going to the range any different than yours of hitting up a race track? How is my hobby of putting a new stock or sight rail on a rifle any different than your hobby of putting a better looking set of wheels or better motor mounts on your car? It is a hobby and a lot of mature people take it seriously and never abuse their RIGHT to own firearms.

ALSO, I think it is hilarious that the only argument about me you ever have is about the bash. I got drunk, had a good time, brought some fireworks, cops got called. NO ONE GOT IN TROUBLE. Not a single person went to jail or got kicked out of the hotel. You will get over it, at least I hope so. You would have to be a sad pathetic person to dwell on something that has nothing to do with you directly, for as long as you are already.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:40 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Guess they don't know history well.....

(Fixed)
lets see who does...

Why were the first shots fired in the Revolution? And what were the British marching on Concord for?

Chris

Any takers???

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, February 01, 2009 1:01 PM on j-body.org
The revolution was in opposition to British taxation and limitations imposed on the colonies. The British attack was an attempt to seize the militia munitions supplies so they could not defend themselves or country (well not their country yet).

How did I do?

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:45 PM on j-body.org
Taxation was ended 2 years before the first shots were fired.

The second part is correct.

Wonder what will happen when O(b)soma comes for ours?

Chris

Sunday, February 01, 2009 6:43 PM on j-body.org
I guess that is what I get for not paying attention in history class. Then again one of my teachers was a drunk.

If they do try and come for ours there will be a big ass mess to clean up in the end.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:24 PM on j-body.org
A mess, like we had in the 1780's I can live with.

Now, if only we had the means to drill for our own oil... because our infrastructure would have to be redone..

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search