Why is February Black History month? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why is February Black History month?
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:08 PM on j-body.org
I agree that it shouldn't be black history month. You can throw points out there all you want, but it's the same thing as with the commercials on TV that whine about people saying the word "gay". Equality means EVERYONE. Sorry to break everyone's heart, but equality for black people doesn't mean they get special treatment, and equality for gays are the same way. Although, that seems to be what everyone strives for... because they feel that their race/religion/sexual orientation is better than everyone elses for some strange reason.

So which would be easier.... just not having a black history month, or having a white history month, jew history month, gay history month, and so on and so on in addition to black history month?

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:11 PM on j-body.org
Borderlin3 wrote:what the F is up with everyone thinking they can put esquire at the end of their name, there is 3 people in this thread with it. Do you even know what it means?

And I love how he called jbo ignorant for having to ask what makes feb so special. sh!ts retarded.

So what you figured you would step into this thread too and get made fun of some more?

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:12 PM on j-body.org
Borderlin3 wrote:what the F is up with everyone thinking they can put esquire at the end of their name, there is 3 people in this thread with it. Do you even know what it means?

holy crap....3 people with it in their names? I don't see how no one has ever noticed this.

maybe it's an inside joke that you wouldn't have a clue about?

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:13 PM on j-body.org
just don't see the point, coming from being an animal and workhorse...not even being recognized as a person
then coming up and being part of society after society shunned you out for so long is an accomplishment and that is why I am proud of black history month. What you guys think or do or want to do is entirely up to you. to each his own. and if you want WET go make it or don't cry.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:17 PM on j-body.org
Harrington Esquire wrote:
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:
AWD GS wrote:
AWD GS wrote:
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:lol the ignorance of the org I love it. Well it is primarily black history month because some of our most powerful/Heartfelt history making situations occurred in Feb.
So much ignorance here and most of you guys are well into your what 30s, 50s for some of us I see.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmintro1.html

ignorance? no. having a point? yes. you cant say that if white people were to make some of the same things that black people have that we wouldnt be called racist.

so what if we found a month that contained most of our history making decisions/situations, would it be ok to have white history month?

yea who's talking about racism Igonorance as in not knowing about the month so well into Adulthood.

If you find an appropriate month hats off to you and I will be t here to celebrate with you. Don't bring race into this as if I'm assaulting the white race.

did i say you were assaulting the white race? im merely stating a fact that if the tables were turned, it would be looked at a completely different way.

To be honest I highly doubt anyone would care, when you bring hatred into it then people might care.,...

So your telling me that if there was a white history month, a WET TV station and a white guy collage fund that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan wouldn't care or say anything about it. Yeah right.

because they would get upset what does that have to do with me and they have college funds for everyone....Get out and look. I go to NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY not on an african american college fund, but on a consistent 3.3 gpa college fund. Don't get it twisted bro.....

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:30 PM on j-body.org
I agree the concept of black history month is a tad racist despite the intent. I don't think we should re-enforce the notion that being black makes you any different than any other American. I don't like the term African American either - unless you are referring to someone who was born in Africa but moved to America and obtained citizenship. I have therefore met exactly 1 African American in my entire life. The rest where just AMERICANS.

As for the whole WET concept, I say that should already be taken. There is a station that goes by WE - but stands for Women's Entertainment Television - I think we know it should really be called WET - and lets face it, a women's channel called WET... But following that naming convention, there should also be a Men's Entertainment Television station called ME.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:32 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:As for the whole WET concept, I say that should already be taken. There is a station that goes by WE - but stands for Women's Entertainment Television - I think we know it should really be called WET - and lets face it, a women's channel called WET... But following that naming convention, there should also be a Men's Entertainment Television station called ME.

i think the channel these folks are looking for is CMT.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:15 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote: there should also be a Men's Entertainment Television station called ME.

There is but it's called Spike.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:27 PM on j-body.org
Hellion179 wrote:I find it offensive too. There was an asian and african american club in the high school I went to. When someone created a white club.....too many people found it offensive and they took it to the school board....and since then they could no longer have clubs that were labeled by race....

Although it took everyone getting sand in their vagina over the white club, after accepting the others without a problem, I'd say the end result is a win. We need more of that sh!t to happen.

I say they start WET, white history month, the white college fund, and get everyone in an uproar about it, until both sides of the issue agree that to really stop racism, it's got to be removed from everything.

K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:...and they have college funds for everyone....Get out and look. I go to NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY not on an african american college fund, but on a consistent 3.3 gpa college fund. Don't get it twisted bro...

What you're missing is the point that there are funds specificly for blacks, but if there were a fund specificly for whites, there would be an outrage. Nowhere did he say that whites can't get a college fund.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:32 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Hellion179 wrote:I find it offensive too. There was an asian and african american club in the high school I went to. When someone created a white club.....too many people found it offensive and they took it to the school board....and since then they could no longer have clubs that were labeled by race....

Although it took everyone getting sand in their vagina over the white club, after accepting the others without a problem, I'd say the end result is a win. We need more of that sh!t to happen.

I say they start WET, white history month, the white college fund, and get everyone in an uproar about it, until both sides of the issue agree that to really stop racism, it's got to be removed from everything.

K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:...and they have college funds for everyone....Get out and look. I go to NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY not on an african american college fund, but on a consistent 3.3 gpa college fund. Don't get it twisted bro...

What you're missing is the point that there are funds specificly for blacks, but if there were a fund specificly for whites, there would be an outrage. Nowhere did he say that whites can't get a college fund.

no one would care, that fund was started by african americans for african americans. If you want one specifically for yourself, call a big time money man and start one so you guys can all stop whining.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:55 PM on j-body.org
seriously, all this @!#$ from something stupid
why do we need a month to recognize anything?
@!#$ happened on a day, celebrate that day
end of story

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:55 PM on j-body.org
lol.... I was just watching the Beverly Hillbillies on TV Land and they had a comercial that had a sign that said "Black History Month" and a hand removed the "Black" and replaced it with 'American."

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 3:02 PM on j-body.org
Native-American???

Oh wait we don't use a hyphen...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 3:43 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

no one would care, that fund was started by african americans for african americans. If you want one specifically for yourself, call a big time money man and start one so you guys can all stop whining.

You are blind if you think that wouldn't cause an outrage over it being specificly for whites. Just look at what happened with the clubs at Hellion's school.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Did you know that Charlize Theron is African-American?

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:24 PM on j-body.org
The whole concept of giving an ethnic group a month of reverence 140 yrs after slavery ended and 40 years after oppression stopped is a bit tired. I think the main reason of we are over it. Damn theres a black president if that means that were still racist and bigots then idk what to say. The idea is understandable but anymore we need to start working towards getting the country as a whole to unite at Americans and not well Im African American and Im Native American Chinese American etc. These "acceptable" phrases only do more to emphasize the point that were different and nothing to unite us. As was said in the article we should know each other by who we are by our values and things we do and our personality and not that black guy. They want equailty but all theyre doing is perpetuating that theyre unequal and different. Quite hypocritical.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:16 PM on j-body.org
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:just don't see the point, coming from being an animal and workhorse...not even being recognized as a person
then coming up and being part of society after society shunned you out for so long is an accomplishment and that is why I am proud of black history month. What you guys think or do or want to do is entirely up to you. to each his own. and if you want WET go make it or don't cry.

i'm sorry k but if you look at how they live and act like in africa as in dar 4<mis spell and all the villages where they go in and kill all the men rape and kill women and childern and all the other stuff they do over there even to this day and age. then you will relize what all the above is talking about. yes whites mistreated coloreds but at the same time in most all situations they provided for them also in return for there services. not like should of but something. they also relized how to become educated and civilized. after learning how to do that they used it against the community to gain more and more taking advantage of the systems. i honestly am an very opened minded person on everything but don't think its right to keep bring up the past to get something that you never worked for,. no matter what your skin color is. i think this goes for everybody. rich poor or whatever. i say bear down be a man and prove your self.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:33 PM on j-body.org
WOW

Think of this, In all the month of february, as FAARRRR back as you can remember, how many times did the fact its black history month come up in your day to day lives.

If it inconveniences you that much, maybe you should be shot.

The only reason I can think of, is to give history teachers enough time to explain what has happened in our country's past that involves black people.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:26 PM on j-body.org
Teachers have more than enough time its called the entire school year. That is what teachers are supposed to be doing teaching. They don't need a specific month just do it. Oh wait now they want to government to tell them what they should do.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:44 PM on j-body.org
I laughed when some comedian on comdey central made the statement, "You know your white when yourself and all your freinds constantly justify why your not racist". lol TROOF!

Here's a little history 101. E is for education, hence why, if you throw the race card... you are simply ignorant and undereducated.

1. "Slavery", what Blacks complain about most right? This goes right with equal rights and so forth. Well "African" tribe's leader's traded there own men (some even from from rival tribes) for guns, salt(which was very valuable in that time), spice's, gold, and other things of value. So no imprisonment is not the word, betrayal from your tribesmen landed you on 'The boats".

2. White men fought along side black men in the Civil war against the south and there slavery liking ways. Simple pictures and paintings from this era will reveal this, very simple. The end result both white and black lives were lost...but a greater good was gained.

So really if you put the "Ignorant Racism" comments to the side, and the "Brotha's unite against the white man" bull@!#$ on the back burner. You will find that things are very diffrent when you read the history books and observe how these very things came to existance.

.......Now back to more org. ranting.....

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:44 PM on j-body.org
Borderlin3 wrote:WOW

Think of this, In all the month of february, as FAARRRR back as you can remember, how many times did the fact its black history month come up in your day to day lives.

If it inconveniences you that much, maybe you should be shot.

PMS?

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:44 AM on j-body.org
so we should just forget the past?

what happens when we get rid of black history month? years from now our children, and their children after, might not be taught about african american history, slavery, etc and not have any appreciation for how far we have progressed from the attrocities that we as a nation have gone through.

but hey, maybe ignorance truely is bliss. maybe if people grow up not knowing that blacks were once slaves and considered to be less than human they won't have that concept in their head to start with and won't figure it out for themselves. doubt that will ever happen though.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:56 AM on j-body.org
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:

2. White men fought along side black men in the Civil war against the south and there slavery liking ways. Simple pictures and paintings from this era will reveal this, very simple. The end result both white and black lives were lost...but a greater good was gained.

If thats what you think the civil war was fought over you need to study your history alittle bit more. It was accutally fought over money, the north was trying to ride on the souths backs. Because they were the ones growing all the crops that were being exported. Everyone tries to say thats all it was fought over was slavery, but thats just wrong. Anyone that has every studied out the civil war knows that.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:05 AM on j-body.org
Jesse 02 wrote:
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:

If thats what you think the civil war was fought over you need to study your history alittle bit more. It was accutally fought over money, the north was trying to ride on the souths backs. Because they were the ones growing all the crops that were being exported. Everyone tries to say thats all it was fought over was slavery, but thats just wrong. Anyone that has every studied out the civil war knows that.

money is hardly the only reason the civil war was fought. A significant reason....yes. The only reason...no.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:48 AM on j-body.org
I just realized this got moved to the war forum.

Quote:

so we should just forget the past?

what happens when we get rid of black history month? years from now our children, and their children after, might not be taught about african american history, slavery, etc and not have any appreciation for how far we have progressed from the attrocities that we as a nation have gone through.

but hey, maybe ignorance truely is bliss. maybe if people grow up not knowing that blacks were once slaves and considered to be less than human they won't have that concept in their head to start with and won't figure it out for themselves. doubt that will ever happen though.

The way I see it is Black history is as much a part of American history as White history, American Indian history, etc. is. It's all art of the same whole. Way back in the dark ages when I was in high school (late 60's - early 70's) We were taught about Malcom X, George Washington Carver, Sitting Bull and many other important historical Americans of various colors.

The reason find Black history month offensive is because they are claiming and celebrating their history and it's my history too. Washington, Jefferson, and Linclon belong to us all as do MLK, Garrett Morgan, and Crispus Attucks.

Separating Black history from the rest of American history is divisive and not in the best interest of the nation as a whole.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search