Oil prices Down, gas prices Up! WTF!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil prices Down, gas prices Up! WTF!!!
Monday, February 16, 2009 4:45 PM on j-body.org
I think we are getting screwed either way. if we lower the demand, or if we increase the demand.
What happened to all that talk we heard from Bush about supply and demand crap?

Oil prices go lower, but the gas prices still on the rise

Quote:

Americans are paying more because we're spending less at the pump across the country.

President Bush said that we needed to lower the demand in order to lower the price at the pump, but this

Quote:

Americans are paying more because we're spending less at the pump across the country.

really pisses me off!!! What makes me mad is the fact that we are lowering the demand as we were told, but they still want to raise the price anyway.

Quote:

because refiners are cutting back their output

of course we are cutting back, no one wants to pay or can afford 4 dollars a gallon at the fuel pump, that is just not right.

it would really suck if they go back up to 4 dollar because we are "cutting back our output"

I'm just goinna....

LOL!!

Re: Oil prices Down, gas prices Up! WTF!!!
Monday, February 16, 2009 5:56 PM on j-body.org
Not to sound like one of the people I often make fun of, but the world is driven by an oil economy. It's the most important ressource on Earth, so the price goes up if they don't sell enough in order to keep their insanely massive profits up and the price goes up when they sell too much in order to force demand down. Either way we're screwed. Basically oil only ever goes down when they need to stimulate sales.

However, at the moment I think the prices going up have more to do with the collapsing US Dollar than anything else.
Monday, February 16, 2009 7:35 PM on j-body.org
Correct, and the fed\state tax's on said gallon of gas.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:52 AM on j-body.org
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:09 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:I think the prices going up have more to do with the collapsing US Dollar

I think if the dollar is down, then the price of a oil barrel would go up.
Yesterday was 35.00 dollars. last year it went up to 150.00

the the article said, the prices are going up simply because we are spending less at the pump across the country.
And that's the truth, we are spending less, we have to pay more.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:12 AM on j-body.org
so maybe if we spend more, then maybe the prices will go down.

oh no wait...

then we are going to hear the talk about supply and demand and that will increase the price at the pump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:13 AM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:34 PM on j-body.org
TAX... government wants more money.... this will never end.

Time for another Tea Party.

with gas?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:35 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:TAX...

I think so too!

but the stupid media is telling me that gas prices are going up simply because “consumers are not spending too much at the pump”

Pump less, pay more, done! That’s it, end of the story, byebye, cya later!

What they forgot to tell us was that the reason why gas prices are going up, even if the price of oil is down, is because the economy is down and many states are running out of tax revenue. Because so many people are losing their jobs, they need to raise the price of gas to help increase tax revenue and that money helps to pay for the school budget, state unemployment budget, and if we have enough taxes then they can balance the state budget.

The tax revenue has to come from somewhere somehow and the media doesn’t tell us the whole story.
That’s why I HATE the freaking Media.
They need to say, Because the national tax revenue is down and the national debt is up, gas prices have to go up to help increase tax revenue.
Not just people pump less, now they need to pay more, done! WTF!

I’m like damn it, lower the price to 1.09 per gallon, people will drive more, spend more, buy more, get out of the house more and let us spend our money the way we want to spend it. Not at the pump, correct?
What’s the point of having a full tank of gas if we don’t have as much money to blow?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:54 PM on j-body.org
SHHHH! thats THINKING....

Tea Party!

Chris

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:23 PM on j-body.org
Are there actually numbers out there supporting the whole "we're using less" portion of this? I don't know anyone who has cut back at all, other than one of my bosses who switched to public transportation (not because of the gas though).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:20 AM on j-body.org
im sure the numbers are out there. more people losing their jobs means less time spent on the road going to work. less money to go out on etc. people who are fearing losing their job will start holding onto their money so less going out and less trips. less vacations etc. etc. etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Friday, February 20, 2009 1:07 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

President Bush said that we needed to lower the demand in order to lower the price at the pump, but this

Quote:

This is called politic's and buisness.

The reason is because oil companies need to profit, there for they will do precisely what there doing here to achieve them. If not no profit would be made.

This is a fruitless argurment

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:27 PM on j-body.org
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This is called politic's and buisness.

The reason is because oil companies need to RAPE, there for they will do precisely what there doing here to achieve them. If not no b]RAPE would be made.

This is a fruitless argurment
fixed

They are making profit even without this - and lots of it - just less insane profits. But I agree - they are a business - and this is what businesses do(whatever they can to make $$). Only most businesses loose customers when they do this much. Since you only have a few options on who you buy fuel from, and since there is CLEARLY no price fixing agreements between companies(and CLEARLY no sarcasm there), there isn't a damn thing consumers can do about it but drive less - and then they jack up prices more to compensate - and there is a minimum fuel amount that we can purchase if we, I dunno... work for a living.

In a somewhat related matter, does anyone still think its a good idea that we subsidize this industry?! I'd really like to hear a good argument as to why it is.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Oddly, my gas at Hess finally had a drop of 10 cents this week.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:00 AM on j-body.org
What are you paying a gallon?

Chris

Saturday, February 28, 2009 11:33 AM on j-body.org
I paid $2.14 for 93 octane.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:54 PM on j-body.org
That's about what it is here also...

And in WI, we have 80-95 cents in state tax alone.... nifty right!

Chris

Monday, March 09, 2009 5:22 PM on j-body.org
This Obama guy is going to prove himself just as worthless and a liar as the last 3 presidents.
The House and Senate are in control and Obama is a retarded puppet.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search