What do you think they ment? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What do you think they ment?
Monday, February 16, 2009 7:43 PM on j-body.org
So, I want your "explanation" of what OUR forefathers meant when they made THIS the preamble to OUR Constitutions Bill Of Rights.

Quote:

Congress OF THE United States
begun and held at the City of New York, on Wednesday
the Fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

THE Conventions of a number of the States having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution

RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.:

ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

Thoughts?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Re: What do you think they ment?
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:27 AM on j-body.org
What I see as I read it is the constitution when accepted by the powers of the people and their place of residence ie. the states creates the outline for power and what a government and citizen can and cannot do. As well the amendments are to limit the government's power not the citizen.

In short to protect the rights of the people from possible (now) overbearing rule of the government.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:19 PM on j-body.org
It is clear that they wanted to make sure the goverment could not overstep the power that it was granted under the constitution, and to add clarity to those limits, both for the sake of preservation of freedom, and the settling of any fear amongst the people that this government could become similar to that which they had only recently cast off.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:50 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:It is clear that they wanted to make sure the goverment could not overstep the power that it was granted under the constitution, and to add clarity to those limits, both for the sake of preservation of freedom, and the settling of any fear amongst the people that this government could become similar to that which they had only recently cast off.

What Quik said.

The founding fathers of the United-States were probably the most admirable politicians in history. I don't care where you're from or what you think about the US today; the founding principles of the United-States are the best of any country that has ever existed in all time. Yes, it all went wrong, but it was a genuinely beautiful idea. Here's a group of rich and poweful men who sought to create a government that would restrict it's own authority. When has this ever happened before or since?

You guys desperately need a third party that acts as an official opposition. You have to take power away from the Democrats and Republicans. The Independants are wortheless and unfocused, you need someone who can offer a genuine alternative and genuine ideas.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:16 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:you need someone who can offer a genuine alternative and genuine ideas.

Today it is difficult to allow any genuine alternative and genuine ideas because the media knows how to turn and twist things around

&

for example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:19 PM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:32 PM on j-body.org
So, My Second question posed isl; How can we get\ let the PEOPLE to take back THEIR Government?

And How do the Bill of Rights fit in to this? I.E First (ya know freedom OF Religion, NOT "From"), Second Amendments ect.

Third Question, How has Colleges helped indoctrinate children in to believing the government is supposed to help you live\give you things, were\when did Americans stop WANTING to EARN what they have?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:25 AM on j-body.org
How do we get it back? Organize, protest, and get involved. Know who in politics stands for what you believe in and help them out. There have been protests around the country already regarding the stimulus bill, and people are starting to organize in some areas via online local forums, and then gathering in person. I believe this will rise considerably in the near future, and I'm looking at finding or organizing one in my area. The biggest thing about politicians (most of them) is that they want to get re-elected next term. The more they understand how passionate the people are, the more they will want to go along with them, so as not to risk losing. If this happens across the country, it will have major effects.

The Bill of Rights fits into it simply by reminding those in office, or those running for office, that these rights are being trampled, and people will not put up with it anymore. For example, freedom of religion: the people that have been making the big deal of getting anything religious out of their lives are in a very small minority, but they have been the loudest complainers. If the people who disagree with them start being equally as loud, they will be drowned out very easily, because there are far more. Side note: I applaud BC College in MA for recently putting up crucifixs in every room in the school. The school has always been a Christian school, but had removed the crosses around 15 years ago to appeas the complainers. For starters, it's not a public school, so if you don't like it, don't give them your money, and don't go there. But I love the people who claim that we need tolerance, in the name of "freedom from religion", when they are the ones being intollerant. If they want everyone to be tollerant, then people can show whatever religious articles they want, and everyone would be tollerant of that. They have it so ass-backwards it's laughable.

Finally, to answer your question about schools: somehow, the majority of teachers ended up being liberals, and most of them teach their rhetoric starting at early ages, so that gets engrained in the children. My 8 year old daughter is constantly trying to find ways for our family to stop global warming. I'm in the process of trying to get her to separate that from simply being conscious of waste, and things that may harm nature around us, so that she understands that we don't have to be completely insensitive, but that we are not ruining the planet. What we can do on that front is to pay attention to what our children are learning, and if you notice any strong opinions in your child's teacher(s), speak to the teacher about it. Also, make sure to teach your children your beliefs.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:57 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:So, My Second question posed isl; How can we get\ let the PEOPLE to take back THEIR Government?

Quote:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that declares "a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

THAT'S why the Second Amendment was written into the our Bill of Rights.

also, see: "Guy Fawkes" and the movie "V for Vendetta". another way to take our country back.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:08 AM on j-body.org
Live It,Believe It.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:50 AM on j-body.org
So, It could be said, that The Founding Fathers Knew this may happen in the fucther, and that Citizens should use there First Amendment Right First to try to get the Government back on track.

Is it plausible to say, if that did not work, that's what the second is for?

Chris

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Yes The whole point everything the founding fathers did was to ensure that the US never became the place they had fought so hard to be free from!!!

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:29 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Finally, to answer your question about schools: somehow, the majority of teachers ended up being liberals
I've never understood where this came from
I've had just as many conservative teachers as liberal (at least as far as those which publicize their beliefs, the large majority don't), but maybe it just depends on what field you are going into, or where you live? My business professors have all been conservative for sure. My Asian engineering professors have all been highly liberal. Even my most artsy class (environmental design), had a conservative teacher.

My cousin is a grade school teacher, and highly conservative. But, my little sister's teacher has assigned homework making peace posters and such (I don't think you could approve war poster projects though...).

Chris. Spell check. Please.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:07 PM on j-body.org
I am good at shooting, I dare say the best here, Spelling is not a strong point, if the computer dose not catch it, it will not get fixed.

Moving on;

So, where do we go from here?

Chris

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:43 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:Finally, to answer your question about schools: somehow, the majority of teachers ended up being liberals
I've never understood where this came from
I've had just as many conservative teachers as liberal (at least as far as those which publicize their beliefs, the large majority don't), but maybe it just depends on what field you are going into, or where you live? My business professors have all been conservative for sure. My Asian engineering professors have all been highly liberal. Even my most artsy class (environmental design), had a conservative teacher.

My cousin is a grade school teacher, and highly conservative. But, my little sister's teacher has assigned homework making peace posters and such (I don't think you could approve war poster projects though...).

It might be where I'm from (the northeast is heavily liberal), but most of my teachers were pretty liberal, especially the literature and history (maybe just that they showed their beliefs easier because of the subject matter). However, I've heard this from other people I've met from various parts of the country.

Taetsch, where do we go from here? I am dead serious about this, and I'm researching my area right now: Find or start an organization in your area of people who believe as you do. Talk with people who don't, and have rational discussions with them. They may come around, unless they don't get it, or are still caught up in the whole glamour hype from the MSM's. When you get enough people energized, hold protests, write petitions to your representatives and senators. If all else fails with them, there is always a recall election, if your state allows it. Not an easy undertaking, and likely not successful, but if your reps are acting against your wishes, even after protests and other repeated messages, it would send them a message they might pay more attention to.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:56 PM on j-body.org
put up targets.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:01 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
It might be where I'm from (the northeast is heavily liberal), but most of my teachers were pretty liberal, especially the literature and history (maybe just that they showed their beliefs easier because of the subject matter). However, I've heard this from other people I've met from various parts of the country.

Taetsch, where do we go from here? I am dead serious about this, and I'm researching my area right now: Find or start an organization in your area of people who believe as you do. Talk with people who don't, and have rational discussions with them. They may come around, unless they don't get it, or are still caught up in the whole glamour hype from the MSM's. When you get enough people energized, hold protests, write petitions to your representatives and senators. If all else fails with them, there is always a recall election, if your state allows it. Not an easy undertaking, and likely not successful, but if your reps are acting against your wishes, even after protests and other repeated messages, it would send them a message they might pay more attention to.

Teachers are like that here also.....

I have, and am in the processes of working with some state senators now....

After all, what powers not delegated to the federal government, are with held for the state.

Chris

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:20 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:if the computer dose not catch it, it will not get fixed.
Firefox
Quiklilcav wrote:have rational discussions with them
I actually LOL'd at that (because of the audience).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:12 PM on j-body.org
screw protests and petitions, we need a revolution.

Check out my build thread!

Friday, March 06, 2009 7:40 PM on j-body.org
We'll get there.

Chris.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search