email I recieved thought it was funny - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
email I recieved thought it was funny
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:18 AM on j-body.org

I Voted Democrat.............
I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.
I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my *** that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

Re: email I recieved thought it was funny
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:38 AM on j-body.org
Hey look, someone else complaining about the President. That's new.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:43 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:Hey look, someone else complaining about the President. That's new.

I don't see any names listed. possibly it's about all democrats in general?

regardless, there is a large number of Republicans that fi this bill as well, and some dems that don't. I wouldn't call all of those digs solely democratic based.....more like government based in general

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:50 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
ThatGuy85 wrote:Hey look, someone else complaining about the President. That's new.

I don't see any names listed. possibly it's about all democrats in general?

regardless, there is a large number of Republicans that fi this bill as well, and some dems that don't. I wouldn't call all of those digs solely democratic based.....more like government based in general

exactly I'm pretty much fed up with the government as a whole
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:56 AM on j-body.org
also people that vote without learning anything about the person or item that they are voting for
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:57 AM on j-body.org
Jesse 02 wrote:also people that vote without learning anything about the person or item that they are voting for
and then you have people who "learn" about the politicians by believing every email rounder and nutty rumor website they can find. You can never disprove anything to these people.

J03Y wrote:
regardless, there is a large number of Republicans that fi this bill as well, and some dems that don't. I wouldn't call all of those digs solely democratic based.....more like politician based in general
This but corrected. That and some of those complaints are legit, others are retarded.

Also
Quote:

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

First off - cry me a river over "the slaughter of millions of babies," and second... that statement is a 2 way street. I support the death penalty but anyone who claims to be "pro life" and who supports the death penalty is a @!#$ idiot. I'm not "pro life" however, so that contradiction doesn't apply to me.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:01 PM on j-body.org
Ron Paul in 2012.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 3:01 PM on j-body.org
I can't decide if the pre-2008 emails or the post-2008 emails are worse...
However, during 2008 they were guaranteed to be entertaining

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

***BREAKING NEWS*** notec's steps to a brighter American future:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=36&i=58477&t=58099#58477

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 5:37 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:First off - cry me a river over "the slaughter of millions of babies," and second...anyone who claims to be "pro life" and who supports the death penalty is a @!#$ idiot.

Oh really? What did the unborn baby do to get his or her death sentence? That is a completely ignorant comparison and you can't even put the two in the same category.
That statement proves that you are the idiot.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:21 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
bk3k wrote:First off - cry me a river over "the slaughter of millions of babies," and second...anyone who claims to be "pro life" and who supports the death penalty is a @!#$ idiot.

Oh really? What did the unborn baby do to get his or her death sentence? That is a completely ignorant comparison and you can't even put the two in the same category.
That statement proves that you are the idiot.
Oh yes I'm an idiot because I don't consider a biological reaction (that may as well be a tumor except for being regulated by the mother's body) a life. Abortion is a "death sentence?!" LOL. Spare me your bleeding heart conservative mantra(well I guess its too late). How DARE I not share your philosophical views!! Oh yes that makes me an idiot.

And furthermore you are sidestepping my point - Belief in the Death Penalty and being "pro life" are not compatible without contradiction. "Deserving" death has suddenly makes life no longer "sacred?" Not that I believe it is to start with BTW - but are we humans to be the judge over what life is "sacred" and which is not? Being a Christian(which BTW short of being hi-jacked by social conservatives The Bible is actually fairly neutral on the abortion issue) and all - I think that is God's role to judge.

In the case of abortion - I don't even consider the embryo to be a life with a soul yet - Just as I believe God breathed into Adam "the breath of life" - so I believe is true of all Adam's descendants. I have yet to see any decent Biblical evidence that embryos receive souls upon conception or even anything Biblical that straight up supports opposing abortion. Hebrew law even had different punishments for striking a woman hard enough to cause her to loose her pregnancy and actually killing her - loss of pregnancy is a fine but murdering the mother herself = eye for an eye(aka death - same punishment as if you had murdered anyone).

With hundreds of commands(not just 10) and an Omnipotent, Omniscient God that isn't shy and doesn't mince words about what he likes and does not - yet there is NOTHING forbidding/prohibiting abortion(a practice which BTW was carried out to a very small extent even in those days)... go figure. I guess Almighty All-knowing God must have "forgot" to write that in?![/extreme sarcasm] Just how anyone can say that being anti-abortion is part of their Christian beliefs... its beyond me.

Back on task, let me ask you - what of the many innocent people who have later been proven to have been falsely executed? Did they deserve death? Is not life "sacred" for them? How about starting wars? Wars kill many combatants and non-combatants. Is not their life "sacred" as well? In that regard the tree-hugging hippies are the "pro-life" group. I support war(excluding stupid conflicts) and the Death Penalty - but again I don't think life is sacred so for me there is no contradiction.

Likely you say something like "life is sacred" and then you start adding in buts, excepts, ifs, etc - but life is either sacred or it is not. You cannot have your cake and eat it too all while maintaining your diet. If you aren't pro-life all the time, then you have no right to call yourself as much. If life is "sacred," then no human has the right to take it - despite the situation - then life is God's and God's alone to take. If it is not sacred - then what's the problem with abortion? Believe whatever you want to believe, but cut the BS for the rest of us, OK?.

And FYI - as much as I could go back and forth with you - calling you an idiot (etc) and exchanging petty childish insults (like BOTH you and Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. love to do with each other) and receiving petty childish insults in return - its not my thing so leave me out. Attacking ideas and attacking people directly aren't the same thing. And furthermore, attacking the messenger doesn't do anything to prove your case. Nor does does having different views than your own make someone an idiot. If you really believe otherwise then I'd suggest you aren't doing sufficient scrutinizing of your own views. From my POV, you seem FAR, FAR too assured in what you think. So please consider that men far more intelligent than both of us combined have both agreed and disagreed with all of your beliefs and my own.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search