This whole bad economy thing is a LIE - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, March 06, 2009 10:58 PM on j-body.org
I'm so sick and tired of everyone complaining about the economy as a reason why they can't get or hold a job. I'm even more disgusted with businesses that are making a profit using this as an excuse to fire people they don't like. The real problem is that corporate America is managed with great stupidity. If your selling millions of units of a product and not making a profit YOUR DOING IT WRONG! The case might also be that there is some real fraud going on about what kinda profits companies really are making.

Lets put it this way, I work for a cell phone company, our store is next to a starbucks, a movie theater, gamestop, and Olive Garden. Now you would think that if people are so horrible off they would not buy 4 dollar coffee, go to the movies, buy video games or eat at an expensive restaurant. Fact is that about 5 days out of the week our lot is packed all day. So I have a hard time believing all this fear mongering the media is putting into everyone's heads because I don't see it.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, March 06, 2009 11:08 PM on j-body.org
Not agreeing with you 100%, but the MEDIA puts A LOT of stress out there! They make WAY TO big of a deal on things and HYPE them up so to say.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Friday, March 06, 2009 11:38 PM on j-body.org
Well because of teh slowing economy I did get laid off and its damn near impossible to find a decent job near where I live. Even the local McDonalds took down their now hiring sign, it has been up for as long as I can remember. I am working on moving so that I can get back to work.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:11 AM on j-body.org
i kind of agree, they " postponed " my company's raise schedule, but i have bben able to find alot of odd jobs as of late while advertising "American quality work for a quality American wage" you would be surprised how will a little sale-ship you can get more money , \/\/00+ for American pride!
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:15 AM on j-body.org
There is so much here I could laugh at. First off with the majority of the post I have read of your rod I would say you are a democrat. So now you say this isn't a bad economic situation and we aren't in a recession. Well in the beginning of all of this the dems were crying bloddy murder the sky is falling before the bail out and failures. No you switch to its not all that bad.

So chose a side. As for olive Garden being expensive i find that amusing. However people especially in this country use things to escape. Movies tv and food being the biggest forms. As well as alcohol. So that explains why it is packed. Moving on is one of the biggest reasons and problems with our economy is overspending and misuse of money people just through it on their credit card, and don't think about it the majority of people do not understand that they are a key factor in these problems even discluding mortages.

As well you have a problem with the press doing the fear mongering how about the president using it to push past bills and bailouts that are fundamentally hurting this country and may forever negatively change our capatolist society and economy. The press in majority follows the left wing side so before you have a hissy about that take it up with your party.


By the way global warming isn't our fault and the earth's climate changes constantly with or without influence by humans.


I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!



The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 1:30 AM on j-body.org
this thread is so amazingly idiotic and ignorant that im really not sure where to begin.

so, according to you, the dow being below 7k for the first time in a dozen years is.....? an elaborate conspiracy designed to allow companies to lay off employees they dont like? wow. ive heard of conspiracies, but this takes the cake.

if your local economy is doing well, then good for you. but take your head out of your ass and look around: over 4.4 MILLION people have lost their jobs in this recession so far, and the unemployment rate is at 8.1 percent. do you think the media (as horrible of an institution as they are) is simply making up numbers? perhaps all of the unemployed people are all paid actors!




Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 7:52 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I'm even more disgusted with businesses that are making a profit using this as an excuse to fire people they don't like. The real problem is that corporate America is managed with great stupidity. If your selling millions of units of a product and not making a profit YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

Obviously, you have absolutely zero experience in business management. Do you really think that Corporate America is stupid, and you have the answers?

There are way too many factors to even attempt at schooling you on it, but I will give you a real quick and high-level explanation to illustrate the point:

As the economy slumps, there is less purchasing going on. The lower volume in any business means profits margins (as a percentage of sale dollars) will be down. This is because all of the fixed operating costs have to be divided by less items being sold. When business is slow, raising prices will hurt your sales, and it further decreases profits. The single most effective way to combat this is reduction in payroll. Any company making a profit knows that effective manpower is the most valuable asset it has, and only cuts when necessary. Most profitable businesses are hoping to grow and have a larger workforce, not the reverse.

Now, as Tabs said, if your local economy is going strong, good for you. However, the statistics across the country are proof that we are, in fact, in a receeding economy. Do I believe some of this is because of the fear mongering spewing from the Whitehouse? Absolutely. For the last 3 months, it's been doom-and-gloom. People listen to that, and tighten up their spending, which means businesses make less money, and have to lay people off, etc. etc. etc....It becomes one big vicious circle of self-fulfillment.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Well in my personal situation we are without a contract right now that ran out in early feb, we are still working under the old agreement. A strike was voted on and approved but it hasnt happened yet. The main difference is that the company proposed wage increases do not offset the health care premiums so in reality we would all be making less money while the company continues to expand its profits each year, even now. It's not fair to us and they are using the excuse of "well you still have a job" and thats not good enough. Cell phones are recession proof, even homeless people have cell phones. Trust me they come in.

Olive Garden is about 15 bucks a meal, I can go for 3 days on that amount of money. If your really that bad off you shouldn't be looking for "escapes". Truely hungry people are not picky. That kind of stupidity is why this country is as dumb as what it is.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:41 AM on j-body.org
cell phones are not recession proof. brightpoing is indiana and i beleive they are the largest distributers of cell phones in the world and they have seen a 20% drop in purchases over last year.

just because your starbucks is doing great doesnt mean all starbucks are doing great, they have been closing stores left and right, and are ones on a list of possibly going under this year.

we work in construction and jobs are coming in super slow this year. construction that was on the books is being stopped and scrapped. weve had millions of dollars of work being pulled off the books from owners deciding not to build. just be happy your business is still up and running, and yes right now it is good to just be employed. thast not make believe whoo haa its just facts. most smart companies have been cutting back employees and extra expenses so they can make sure they make it thru the storm. the dumb ones are the ones that will continue on like nothing is happening and hope it gets better before they go under.


as for olive garden your just not making sence. just because some people are still eating out doesnt mean anything. maybe those people are cutting back, maybe those are people that would have normally went to a$20 a plate joint, so now their eating at a less expensive resteraunt


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:53 PM on j-body.org
Yes, this is a conspiracy. That's why my company hasn't laid off a single worker and is now selling their product at a loss to keep us working. The particular division that I work at has lost on average of 20 million a month since November, yet we still haven't (and won't) lay a single person off.

Please stop being an idiot at least part of the time.


.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 6:38 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Well in my personal situation we are without a contract right now that ran out in early feb, we are still working under the old agreement. A strike was voted on and approved but it hasnt happened yet. The main difference is that the company proposed wage increases do not offset the health care premiums so in reality we would all be making less money while the company continues to expand its profits each year, even now. It's not fair to us and they are using the excuse of "well you still have a job" and thats not good enough.

if you have a job in this economy, then you shouldnt be complaining. to think that you should get a raise now is beyond stupid. go ahead and strike....see how long theyll keep your store around.

you know what....its this sort of ignorance that just irritates me to no end. i cant believe you would vote to strike during a recession. F it.....you deserve whatever you get.

Rodimus Prime wrote:

Cell phones are recession proof, even homeless people have cell phones. Trust me they come in.
no, they arent. just keep telling yourself that though...then when you DO get laid off, itll be like a surprise! yay! everybody loves surprises! retard.

Rodimus Prime wrote:

Olive Garden is about 15 bucks a meal, I can go for 3 days on that amount of money. If your really that bad off you shouldn't be looking for "escapes". Truely hungry people are not picky. That kind of stupidity is why this country is as dumb as what it is.

look at the great depression...escapism is even more important to people WHEN times are bad. the longer this recession continues, youll see more and more comedies and inspiring stories from hollywood and much less dramas and serious movies. people NEED to escape like this. all it is is a momentary respite from the gloomy reality of life.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:09 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I'm so sick and tired of everyone complaining about the economy as a reason why they can't get or hold a job. I'm even more disgusted with businesses that are making a profit using this as an excuse to fire people they don't like. The real problem is that corporate America is managed with great stupidity. If your selling millions of units of a product and not making a profit YOUR DOING IT WRONG! The case might also be that there is some real fraud going on about what kinda profits companies really are making.

Lets put it this way, I work for a cell phone company, our store is next to a starbucks, a movie theater, gamestop, and Olive Garden. Now you would think that if people are so horrible off they would not buy 4 dollar coffee, go to the movies, buy video games or eat at an expensive restaurant. Fact is that about 5 days out of the week our lot is packed all day. So I have a hard time believing all this fear mongering the media is putting into everyone's heads because I don't see it.


and you're a fan of Ron Paul? really?



Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 12:55 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I'm so sick and tired of everyone complaining about the economy as a reason why they can't get or hold a job. I'm even more disgusted with businesses that are making a profit using this as an excuse to fire people they don't like. The real problem is that corporate America is managed with great stupidity. If your selling millions of units of a product and not making a profit YOUR DOING IT WRONG! The case might also be that there is some real fraud going on about what kinda profits companies really are making.

Lets put it this way, I work for a cell phone company, our store is next to a starbucks, a movie theater, gamestop, and Olive Garden. Now you would think that if people are so horrible off they would not buy 4 dollar coffee, go to the movies, buy video games or eat at an expensive restaurant. Fact is that about 5 days out of the week our lot is packed all day. So I have a hard time believing all this fear mongering the media is putting into everyone's heads because I don't see it.


My plan is to pay everything off. we can't pay off the house but yesterday I paid off my platinum credit card and canceled the membership. The APR was going up so I told them byebye and they didn't even give me an offer with a lower APR. Now all I have is a KOHLs credit card with a zero balance.

The worst thing we can do right now is to stay home and do nothing.

My advice to everyone. Republican or democrat. Liberal or conservative, is to go OUT and support your local businesses. If you're single, go to the Club at the VIP and dance. dance by yourself if you can't find a partner. If you have kids, take them out to eat, go to the park, go watch a movie ect... also go buy you some clothes but don't use credit. but If you have a store credit card, use it but then turn around and pay it off with cash. (that's what I do when I go to kohls. I use the card to get the 10% discount, but then I turn around and pay off the balance with cash and because they let me do that, that is why I have the card)

Don't worry be happy!
and I'm serious, don't stay home, go out and spend to get the economy moving.

Ohh I also have a best buy credit card with zero balance. My exwife really screwed up my credit with those bad loans so now I'm trying really hard to get my credit back on track. that's why I ended up with a cavalier hehe but the cavalier is doing good. 3 more payments and is paid off.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:00 PM on j-body.org
ohh we paid off the best buy card with the income tax. we bought a Wii with all the games and controllers and a netgear router.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:12 PM on j-body.org
I don't agree with you man! The economy is bad but the Media is making it look even worst !!!!! I don't know I always seem to look to the past at things and read about problems in the past, we were far worst in the past then we are today (that gives me hope). The recovery will come and we just need to have high hopes and confidence. It's happened before like in 1982, read about it guys. History repeats itself alot and economies go up and down all the time.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:49 PM on j-body.org
just be thankful you have a job instead of crying about getting a raise for sitting on your ass all day selling stupid phones



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 3:57 PM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:

It's happened before like in 1982, read about it guys. History repeats itself alot and economies go up and down all the time.

Yes, but look at the contrasting approach. The approach in 1982 was lower taxes, which turned the country around to a long road or prosperity.

The approach this time is tax and spend. Every time it's happened, it has failed. That is what they did with the great depression, and it prolonged it for years. They need to let the public keep their money.







Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 7:17 PM on j-body.org
And print more cash.... because that worked so well in the 30's..

Right?

Tea Party!
(for now)


Chris






"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 8:43 PM on j-body.org
I'm just saying in GENERAL things shape up and that's keeping my spirits up. There are alot of smart people in Washington and all over the world working to fix this.

I was reading in 1982, the Gov't wanted to control inflation so they jacked up interest rates and controlled the flow of money. This caused the recession, inflation did eventually lower and interest rates were lowered also. The first couple years for Reagan were hard.
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Sunday, March 08, 2009 9:44 PM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:

I'm just saying in GENERAL things shape up and that's keeping my spirits up. There are alot of smart people in Washington and all over the world working to fix this.

I was reading in 1982, the Gov't wanted to control inflation so they jacked up interest rates and controlled the flow of money. This caused the recession, inflation did eventually lower and interest rates were lowered also. The first couple years for Reagan were hard.


In General things will get better, Yes.
Am I thankful I have a job, Yes.
am I optimistic, Yes

Now,
if gas prices go up again, 4.99 a gallon,. things will not get better unless we have electric cars

I wonder what caused gas prices to go up 4.99 and what made the fuel demand to go up sky high too?
Can too much economic growth be a dad thing at the end?
Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 5:47 AM on j-body.org
lol @ the cell phone salesman giving economic advise. do you even understand how free markets work? Does the piss that flows from your mouth make sense in your head when you're typing it?


maybe you should do some reading and educate yourself into macro and microeconomics.

I patiently await your ridiculous and nonsensical reply.






Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 6:10 AM on j-body.org
i dont know wny you all think it is so hard to find a job, i have had 4interviews in the last week and 3 more coming up this week, and i expect at least 3-4 call backs. i say take a look at your resume and perk it up, make sure you using the right words and phrases. Dont feed me crap about experience, because there not always looking for experience, and btw its not what you know that gets you a job its who you know.



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 6:25 AM on j-body.org
SSSSSoooooo what you're trying to say is that it was just a joke when i got laid off?? holy Sh|t!! and this whole time i was taking it serious!

this thread = stupid



Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 6:38 AM on j-body.org
well maybe then its just my area, but it doesnt seem that bad when people are out in droves at places they dont need to be if they are in such financial ruin



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: This whole bad economy thing is a LIE
Monday, March 09, 2009 6:46 AM on j-body.org
no im not saying that im just saying that people that are blaming not finding a job on the economy are just finding an exuse. losing a job is very serious and i dont take that lightly. i have been there.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search