Medical Marijuana - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Medical Marijuana
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:54 AM on j-body.org
Thank you Ron Paul -
Quote:

Calling his efforts part of "two very popular marijuana films," Baldwin even acknowledged his filmography as a point of credibility to bolster his argument that "marijuana leads to doing worse things."

"That's just a fact," claimed Baldwin. "I don't care what anybody says. What the debate is. If you smoke marijuana at a young age, that'll usually lead to alcohol abuse and harder drugs."

Paul dismissed his concern as "silly."

"The most addictive drug in the country, in the world, is nicotine," he said. "Nobody talks about nicotine being a gateway drug, so there's no sense to that. And besides, [marijuana] is not nearly as addictive as alcohol. If you're a consistent person and you think the government should be regulating personal behavior, you should be in favor of prohibition of alcohol."

Attributing the earlier prohibition for the creation of "the Al Capone's," he drew a clear connection between current prohibition policies in the US and the escalating cartel war in Mexico.

"You know the people who benefit most by these laws?" he asked. "These are the drug cartels. They lobby to keep these laws in place because they can't exist without them."
Apparently Ron Paul agrees with my post directly above this. I might add, I don't even smoke pot or any drugs. I doubt he does either.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search