An Email I got... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: An Email I got...
Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:45 AM on j-body.org
Honestly, I don't think the guy is going to go broke paying taxes. Unless he is getting a rediculous income at his old age, then I highly doubt the government is going to rob his savings that he already paid taxes on over the years.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:56 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:I like who ever wrote that...

And houses are just priced to high... people believed the banks when they told them they could afford it...... If you don't know what you can and cant afford.... your an idiot..... you should know better.

Case in point... a friend of mine just took out a 30 year loan for $182,000 for this.... and its in an average sized town in middle america (Minnesota)

WTF..... That house is going to cost her about $1,500 dollors a month, and it's nothing special.... I still say thats way to much money for a house like that and she cant afford it.

Besides.... it's ugly as hell..... but it;s nice inside.

Ha... I wish I could get something like that. Instead, I'm stuck spending my share of $2740 a month (plus $150 per person for parking) to rent a frickin apartment. $350,000 is the minimum to get a ONE bedroom condo around here. Anything with a yard is going to run you $480k+. And on the lower end of that spectrum is houses that were build around the first World War, don't have A/C or garage, and are generally just small (2 bed, 1bath... 1000sq ft) or need tons of work.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:11 AM on j-body.org
So move.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:Ha... I wish I could get something like that. Instead, I'm stuck spending my share of $2740 a month (plus $150 per person for parking) to rent a frickin apartment. $350,000 is the minimum to get a ONE bedroom condo around here. Anything with a yard is going to run you $480k+. And on the lower end of that spectrum is houses that were build around the first World War, don't have A/C or garage, and are generally just small (2 bed, 1bath... 1000sq ft) or need tons of work.

You're a great illustration of the misconceptions many have that all people making anything in six figures are doing well. (based on your rent, I'm guessing you've got to be up there, or at least close). You can't even afford a house in your area for what would buy a mansion in other parts of the country. But because of your income bracket, you're one of the targets. People who pay less than you and have more think you don't deserve your income, regardless of what your cost of living is. Right there is part of the big lie everyone keeps falling for.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:38 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:You're a great illustration of the misconceptions many have that all people making anything in six figures are doing well. (based on your rent, I'm guessing you've got to be up there, or at least close). You can't even afford a house in your area for what would buy a mansion in other parts of the country. But because of your income bracket, you're one of the targets. People who pay less than you and have more think you don't deserve your income, regardless of what your cost of living is. Right there is part of the big lie everyone keeps falling for.

Yeah, this area (Greenwich, CT) is a little absurd.

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:So move.

Chris

Wall Street isn't moving, so I'm not. I've got a good job with seemingly unlimited possibilites. The only way I'd move is on the company's dime, which I might do. I'm looking to do a 3 to 6 month stint in one of our other international offices (London, Tokyo, Singapore, Honk Kong).

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:54 AM on j-body.org
Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:
Weebel wrote:I like who ever wrote that...

And houses are just priced to high... people believed the banks when they told them they could afford it...... If you don't know what you can and cant afford.... your an idiot..... you should know better.

Case in point... a friend of mine just took out a 30 year loan for $182,000 for this.... and its in an average sized town in middle america (Minnesota)

WTF..... That house is going to cost her about $1,500 dollors a month, and it's nothing special.... I still say thats way to much money for a house like that and she cant afford it.

Besides.... it's ugly as hell..... but it;s nice inside.

Ha... I wish I could get something like that. Instead, I'm stuck spending my share of $2740 a month (plus $150 per person for parking) to rent a frickin apartment. $350,000 is the minimum to get a ONE bedroom condo around here. Anything with a yard is going to run you $480k+. And on the lower end of that spectrum is houses that were build around the first World War, don't have A/C or garage, and are generally just small (2 bed, 1bath... 1000sq ft) or need tons of work.

That is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, and thats a lot of damn money for around here.... 98% of people around here can't honestly afford that.... although thats a common price..... your situation is just another example.... although more extreme of how crap just costs way too much... and how greed is ruining everything....

By comparison..... I make damn good money for where I live ($17.10 . hour)..... now take what you prob make and do the math...... It averages out to be pretty close to even I bet..

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:56 PM on j-body.org
What would happen if the government taxes everyone’s income at the same percentage rate? 10%, 20% or 30% regardless of the income level? 20,000 50,000 250,000 500,000 1,000,000 50,000,000 Everyone gets taxed the same.

is it stupid?
Monday, March 23, 2009 4:00 PM on j-body.org
I like the idea of a flat percentage tax, however no democrat will ever go for it unless it was some stupid high tax rate. Even then they would still find a way to not tax the people that have low income, you know the inner city people that get them elected.

Monday, March 23, 2009 4:25 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:What would happen if the government taxes everyone’s income at the same percentage rate? 10%, 20% or 30% regardless of the income level? 20,000 50,000 250,000 500,000 1,000,000 50,000,000 Everyone gets taxed the same.

is it stupid?

No, that would actually be the fairest tax rate.

If they would ever go with this, and just give everyone the same individual and dependant deductions, this country would grow in ways it hasn't seen in 100 years. I'd say 15%, and give everyone an $8K deduction per family member, including the primary filer.

Edit: Wait, f&$k that. Cap the deduction at 4 family members. I don't want to see f&$king octob!tch getting a $70K deduction for being irresponsible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 23, 2009 4:32 PM

Monday, March 23, 2009 4:27 PM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:I like the idea of a flat percentage tax, however no democrat will ever go for it unless it was some stupid high tax rate. Even then they would still find a way to not tax the people that have low income, you know the inner city people that get them elected.

And there are more low income inner city votes, then higher income inner city votes.
In other words, there are more poor uneducated people than rich educated people so when the race starts, poor uneducated has a huge lead on votes.
Like a cavalier with a turbo and lots of NOS
Monday, March 23, 2009 5:39 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
spoiler wrote:What would happen if the government taxes everyone’s income at the same percentage rate? 10%, 20% or 30% regardless of the income level? 20,000 50,000 250,000 500,000 1,000,000 50,000,000 Everyone gets taxed the same.

is it stupid?

No, that would actually be the fairest tax rate.

If they would ever go with this, and just give everyone the same individual and dependant deductions, this country would grow in ways it hasn't seen in 100 years. I'd say 15%, and give everyone an $8K deduction per family member, including the primary filer.

Edit: Wait, f&$k that. Cap the deduction at 4 family members. I don't want to see f&$king octob!tch getting a $70K deduction for being irresponsible.

In what year the government decided to lower the tax bracket to lower income levels?
Can’t we just all pay 15% of all earned income? (regardless of income, children, married or single)
If you earn $1.00 then you owe uncle Sam 0.15
If you earn $100.00 then you owe uncle Sam 15.00
If you earn $20,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 3,000.00
If you earn $50,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 7,500.00
If you earn $100,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 15,000.00
If you earn $1,000,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 150,000.00
If you earn $1,000,000,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 150,000.000.00
IF you earn $1,000,000,000,000.00 then you owe uncle Sam 150,000,000,000.00

(not sure if my math is correct)

Monday, March 23, 2009 5:43 PM on j-body.org
Would be a decent tax reduction for me.

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:02 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
And there are more low income inner city votes, then higher income inner city votes.
In other words, there are more poor uneducated people than rich educated people so when the race starts, poor uneducated has a huge lead on votes.

So the REAL reasion osoma got voted in comes out!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:23 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Chris

lol
you're so silly... There are lot of other factors why he got voted.

15%<--------- for richer or for poor

Tax everyone the same 15% to settle some peace when it comes to income-level-tax-rate-bracket.
Monday, March 23, 2009 11:24 PM on j-body.org
Your forgetting about rich uneducated people. There's a good handful of them too. There called the people running the country.

And a flat percentage like that honestly is the only fair way to go..... as long as it's low enough that is doesnt cripple or screw over the lower middle class and poor.

The problem is that it probably would.

I say that we should just get rid of income tax all together.... like before WW2.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:21 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Chris

lol

15%

And what about all those poor uneducated people with no job, not paying tax, and collecting welfare?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:10 PM on j-body.org
Defenetaly would not vote for some one that would make them work...

Gov Thompson's Work Fair comes to mine... billey boy hated it... until other states started, then he "came up" with the idea him self...

wonder if that's how the internet idea came to be...

Chris

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:06 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:And what about all those poor uneducated people with no job, not paying tax, and collecting welfare?

Ask Obama

http://www.whitehouse.gov/OpenForQuestions
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:23 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
J03Y wrote:And what about all those poor uneducated people with no job, not paying tax, and collecting welfare?

Ask Obama

You posed the original question, why should I ask Obama?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:56 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Ask Obama

Because, contrary to popular belief, he's still your President....not spoiler.

Brian

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:03 AM on j-body.org
FrostySunfire wrote:
J03Y wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Ask Obama

And yet, Spoiler asked the question....to which I posed a counter-question.

So again....why should I ask Obama about a theoretical question that Spoiler asked?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:48 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
spoiler wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Chris

lol

15%

And what about all those poor uneducated people with no job, not paying tax, and collecting welfare?

Okay,
so what about people collecting welfare?

Could you please be a little more specific? it sounds like an incomplete question. Just be a little more specific

All those poor uneducated people with no job, not paying tax, and collecting welfare____________blank______________________?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:00 PM on j-body.org
and the reason why they do not have a job?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:36 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
FrostySunfire wrote:
J03Y wrote:
spoiler wrote:

Ask Obama

And yet, Spoiler asked the question....to which I posed a counter-question.

So again....why should I ask Obama about a theoretical question that Spoiler asked?

because soon we're going to be calling him "Obama The All Knowing" or "Leader" or maybe even "God."

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:16 PM on j-body.org
Personally I think we'll all just be calling him that a$$hole that said he would fix everything and didn't..

And yes... we definatley need to reavaluate some of these people on welfare.... make them get damn jobs if they are able to work.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search