Gender Differences - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gender Differences
Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:00 PM on j-body.org
Another one of my probably many Sociology topics to come. Were discussing gender differences, equality, etc.

Are children inherently the same from birth and learn their different gender roles through life or are they born with a sense of gender role? Excluding gender confused people.

Would the world be better if 50% of the worlds leaders were women?

Explanations for gender gaps in math and verbal on tests.

Discuss.

Re: Gender Differences
Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:56 PM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire wrote:Are children inherently the same from birth and learn their different gender roles through life or are they born with a sense of gender role?

I have a 7 year old step daughter and I can tell you a story about her and this little boy who lives next door and what happens when another boy shows up.

When is just the two of them outside playing, things are Okay.
BUT,
when another boy shows up, the two boys are completely buttholes against her so she comes home and finds something else to play.

That's why I think they're born the same, a baby is a baby. a baby doesn't know if is boy or a girl) but they learn their different gender roles through life and they grow apart from each other.
all it takes is two boys and one girl or two girls and one boy to learn their gender role, I think
am I right or am I wrong?
Friday, March 20, 2009 8:01 AM on j-body.org
Friday, March 20, 2009 12:55 PM on j-body.org
That was effing priceless. Reminded me of Im rubber and youre glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

Friday, March 20, 2009 3:45 PM on j-body.org
Sweet topic, seeing I am a sociology major myself, I have a lot to say on this matter. Sorry if it gets a little long.

IMO male and female babies are born with certain inherited qualities.
-Because of hormones and traits specific to sex, GENERALLY women are more able to empathize than men and are able to think in more layers considering each point of view. NOT all women are like this, trust me I know.

-Women are very verbal creatures.

-Men typically have a more grounded in their thought, not to sound rude but its a little more black and white so to speak.

-Men however when analyzing they see technicality and what makes logical sense, whereas women usually involved emotions and moral reasoning.

-Women tend to be multi-taskers (hence the working/housewife reasoning). Women are also think way more then men generally, their minds are constantly mulling over something. It is very difficult for a woman to rest her brain, and not consider every aspect. Where as men tend to like to focus on one thing.

This is my reasoning why women make amazing leaders. Women have an essence of strength that comes from passion and compassion and men's strength comes from logic and reasoning. Women are able to not only able to reason logically, but also muli-task and handle broad and narrow scale issues. (in many cases, if a man is in a high position it is because there is a woman behind the scenes running parts/all of the show)

On the matter of gender roles, being a sociology major (social services) my mind is always on learned behaviors rather than born behaviors. Much of who we are, as in how we act as an agent in society, is based on our surroundings. Poor neighboorhood, rich area, gang area, gated community, college graduates, high school drop-outs, etc.

This is just a sketchy explanations...i dnt know, if you all agree or disagree.

AKA SKRILLA 818
Friday, March 20, 2009 5:07 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emenarebetterthanwomen%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

Three things:
  1. Dr Phil is a worthless jerk
  2. That woman is butt-ugly
  3. That guy is a bigger worthless jerk than Dr Shill

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Friday, March 20, 2009 6:20 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emenarebetterthanwomen%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I knew someone would post this eventually in this thread. GREAT clip.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search