Euthanasia - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Euthanasia
Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:46 PM on j-body.org
Discuss.




Re: Euthanasia
Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:52 PM on j-body.org
Re: Euthanasia
Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:53 PM on j-body.org
i just wrote a paper about it.

pro-active euthanasia. voluntary, involuntary, AND nonvoluntary, but not a fan of INACTIVE Euthanasia


AKA SKRILLA 818
Re: Euthanasia
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:44 AM on j-body.org
if you bring up a subject for discussion, shouldnt you offer the ground works of what you want discussed (or at least your own opinions on it) rather than just offering a broad subject and telling people to discuss.




Re: Euthanasia
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Liz wrote:

i just wrote a paper about it.

pro-active euthanasia. voluntary, involuntary, AND nonvoluntary, but not a fan of INACTIVE Euthanasia

I'd like to hear a more elaborate explanation here.

Any Peter Singer fans here? I'd love to hear some arguments on that side.







Re: Euthanasia
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:33 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

if you bring up a subject for discussion, shouldnt you offer the ground works of what you want discussed (or at least your own opinions on it) rather than just offering a broad subject and telling people to discuss.


Sorry I just posted it really quick before work.

I have no problem with it in terminally ill cases. I mean I dont want every idiot who think their life is bad to have help killing themselves off.



Re: Euthanasia
Monday, March 23, 2009 10:15 AM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire wrote:

(tabs) wrote:

if you bring up a subject for discussion, shouldnt you offer the ground works of what you want discussed (or at least your own opinions on it) rather than just offering a broad subject and telling people to discuss.


Sorry I just posted it really quick before work.

I have no problem with it in terminally ill cases. I mean I dont want every idiot who think their life is bad to have help killing themselves off.


Why not? Less people taking up space in the world.



Re: Euthanasia
Monday, March 23, 2009 12:57 PM on j-body.org
Because someone could have a bad day and call the kill me off squad and be killed and their family would file suit. If youre already for sure going to die why waste away. I watched my grandfather waste away for 3 years because of Lou Gehrigs. Id rather not live like he did during his last year.



Re: Euthanasia
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:23 PM on j-body.org
If you want to die go for it. There should be a form to fill out so the DR. can't be sued by surviving family members and what not. But yeah, don't want to live anymore have at it, sick or not. Doesn't affect me, so who am I to tell them they can't go kill themselves.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Euthanasia
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:59 AM on j-body.org
I'm amazed that anyone thinks someone should be forced to live for as long as possible no matter what... but they do for some reason.

I think the right to die - with your dignity still intact - and at any point you desire should be a basic human right.

No one is "saving a life" by merely delaying death. Death comes for us all sooner or later and I'd prefer face it on my own terms if I have the choice.





Re: Euthanasia
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:03 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

I'm amazed that anyone thinks someone should be forced to live for as long as possible no matter what... but they do for some reason.

I think the right to die - with your dignity still intact - and at any point you desire should be a basic human right.

No one is "saving a life" by merely delaying death. Death comes for us all sooner or later and I'd prefer face it on my own terms if I have the choice.


I normally do not agree with alot of your views, but this is dead on IMO.

no pun intended.







Re: Euthanasia
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:04 PM on j-body.org
Id rather go out on top than laying half concious in a nursing home kept alive by life support and a cathiter (sp?).

Like I said many of us have seen someone deteriorate to that point. I couldnt stand living nonverbal and nonmoving with nothing live for.



Re: Euthanasia
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:48 PM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire wrote:

Id rather go out on top than laying half concious in a nursing home kept alive by life support and a cathiter (sp?).

Like I said many of us have seen someone deteriorate to that point. I couldnt stand living nonverbal and nonmoving with nothing live for.


I think I would die if I can't take care of myself and can't go out and do things on my own. That would really stink and I could not take it. I would die of depression.

I try to enjoy my life as much as I can and try to be physically active as much as possible.
Specially road cycling. I love road cycling. and playing with my kid at the park and my step daughter who calls me dad.
Life is too short man
Re: Euthanasia
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:02 PM on j-body.org
Put me out of my misery, please.
I really hope this subject is thoroughly addressed before I get to that point...




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Euthanasia
Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:31 PM on j-body.org
sorry it took me so long to reply again.

here's are pieces from my paper:
WHAT IS EUTHANASIA?
Euthanasia translates from Greek to mean ďa good deathĒ and is basically an option of assisting a patient who is suffering unbearable pain due to an incurable disease or accident to put an end to their suffering by ending their life. There are two different types of euthanasia; passive euthanasia is withholding treatments that are sustaining the patientís life and letting the patientís illness or injury ultimately take their life. The second type is of euthanasia is active euthanasia, which is caused by lethal injection when it is in the patientís best interest to end their life painlessly and quicker than letting their body suffer by natural death. Euthanasia can be voluntary, non-voluntary or involuntary. Voluntary euthanasia is called so when there is legal consent by the patient to perform euthanasia. This consent also applies if while still competent the patient expresses that if a described situation ever was occur and at that moment they were no longer competent then a chosen person may carry out voluntary euthanasia upon the patientís prior request. Non-voluntary occurs when the person whose life ended didnít have a choice to decide or express whether they wanted it or not because immediate incompetence occurred by birth, by sudden illness or accident. In-voluntary euthanasia occurs when a patient was competent enough prior to being able to give or withhold consent but did not do so for whatever reason. This would include if life-sustaining treatment is withheld without patients prior consent, even if itís in the patientís best interest.

IS IT PRACTICED?
Non-voluntary passive euthanasia is practiced with many infants born with complications and the parents deny any life-saving operations or withhold life-sustaining treatments and let the infant die. It is unfair to let an infant die slowly and painfully simply because the child cannot speak for themselves. The same goes for patientís who no longer have the decision-making capabilities to ask for their suffering to end. It does not make moral sense to force these patients to continue to suffer.

IS IT IMMORAL?
There is also a great debate between the moralities of active euthanasia versus passive euthanasia. The difference is that passive euthanasia is letting the patient die naturally yet painfully versus assisting them to die quicker and without pain. Simply because many see active euthanasia is as if one is ďpulling the triggerĒ they feel that it is immoral. However, if one sees someone they care for suffering in pain and you have the cure, it is just as immoral to not help them relive their pain quicker, but is killing really worse than letting someone die? No, passive euthanasia is not less worse than active euthanasia, because in passive euthanasia the one is letting the patient suffer longer and therefore is immoral. Many people will argue that in the case of the patient expressing that they want to end their life, we should let them die naturally and we should not kill them by giving them a direct injection. The claim takes the view that euthanasia is immoral because one is bringing about the death of the patient. The bare realization is that either way if itís voluntary the patient is requesting their death anyway, and there is no need to make the patient needlessly suffer by leaving them in pain until their body decides to shut down when there is a quicker and painless option.


thats long enough... lol sorry to put all that out there, but that is just a small piece of what I think.



AKA SKRILLA 818
Re: Euthanasia
Friday, March 27, 2009 12:08 AM on j-body.org
for it... as long as its what you want... after that its up to your next of kin/first in will... Unfortunately that would be up to my ex whom i STILL love the most... I have no will but it would be up to her... i state that here and now...



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search