Why are so many people weird about guns and knives? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:07 PM on j-body.org
I dont get it.

Lets just say that I legally carry a gun pretty much wherever I go all the time. And I also carry a pocket knife for various reason.

Now I have a friend that has a baby and she's buying a new house. She told me that the only way I could come to the house warming party is if I left my gun and knife at home.

I'm sorry but she's an idiot. I might leave my gun in the car just to shut her up but thats it. I asked her why the hell it matters, they both stay in my pocket or coat and there's no way a child could get there hands on them.

I know leaving loaded guns around the house with kids in completely different than having one in a holster on your person.

She said that she doesnt want any guns going off since she has a baby. WTF... these people need to take a firearms safety class. A gun will not go off by itself just sitting there... theres a better chance that her furnace could explode and kill us all if she wants to get ridiculous. What I really dont get is that she has gone shooting with us.... she has fired my gun before.

It's her house and I'll respect her wishes by not going over there at all I quess.

Also... I had a person freaking out once because we had loaded guns on us sitting near a camp fire once.... and he only felt safe when we took the clips out.... now he's a real idiot. There's no way the heat from the fire can ignite the shells... we would be burning to death if it was that hot.... and even if it where possible (wich it isnt in the slightest sense) taking the bullets out of the gun would just increase the likely hood because the gun isn't around the bullets to shield them from the non existent heat.

As for the knife thing..... I cant even imagine what makes her think thats unsafe...a pocket knife tucked away in someones pocket cant hurt anybody unless the person takes it out and starts stabbing people.... it cant "go off by accident"... it's a damn knife.

If I dont understand or know about something.... I'm either smart enough to use rational logic or teach myself about something. Why cant these people do the same.

BTW a knife is much more dangerous than a gun as far as the accidental injuries that could be incured when handled by someone skilled and trained in there use. I bet that screws with some people...

I dont get it.






Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:59 AM on j-body.org
Because it is indoctrinated to us when we are young that guns\knifes are bad.

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:00 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

she has fired my gun before


hahahahaha, really?

But seriously, if you think it's bad, don't here in Quebec. You almost see people running when they see a gun. People's mentality about guns are like Chris said, they are bad and dangerous. Yet I never saw a gun loaded set on a table and fire by itself at people. Then I'd be scared but otherwise, it's the person behind the gun. Same thing with cars yet people are not scared but those wacko that shoot people are driving cars too but the cars are not dangerous?!?!?!?

Global stupidity can only grow bigger about guns.


Gilles
2.3 Ho

Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:38 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Global stupidity can only grow bigger about guns.


well put.





Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:50 AM on j-body.org
My dad was a gunsmith so I grew up around guns. I learned to respect them and what they can do and as a result I never had any "accidents" as a kid. I knew where a loaded handgun was at all times and I knew to not touch it. I had an argument with a former coworker about firearms once. They can not go off on their own unless there is a mechanical malfunction and you have a round in the chamber. A firearm is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. Just like hammer, unless it is picked up and used it can not do anything. They dont have a mind of their own and just decide one day to go of and kill someone. If I really wanted to I could kill someone with a Bic pen, when are those going to get banned?



Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:20 AM on j-body.org
Same as mitdr774, but with a slight additional...

I too see guns as tools, so it somewhat disturbs me to see people carry them idly. Not because I dislike guns, but for the same reason that I'd find it odd to see a Carpenter wear his tool belt everywhere. Weebel, you live in Medford, Minnesota. A town whose population is under 1000. What the hell you need to pack heat for? I don't mean this in a bad way, and maybe you have good reason, I'm just saying that I live in a small town as well (In Quebec) and I'd feel safe walking down the street in the middle of the nigh with several thousand dollars pinned on me. (Hell, I feel safe in dark alleys in Montreal, forget about about my hometown.) People here are pussies and my wife who's 5'3" and from New York could probably take on the meanest guy here.

The same is true for people who own like 90 of them. I understand the appeal of classic iron, no problem. But some people just seem to collect guns as if they genuinely are waiting for WW3. Personally, in the event of a major catastrophic breakdown of society you'd need a hunting rifle with a scope that uses common ammunition and a large caliber handgun like a 45 for close range stopping power. That's it. They're tools, not baseball cards.

See, what would bother me isn't the gun. It's that the guy carrying it around like it's the wild west all over again either has a real short temper or is a target for people with real short tempers. Either way...
,
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:41 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Because it is indoctrinated to us when we are young that guns\knifes are bad.

Chris
in the end, this is the biggest reason. the indoctrination of misinformation about guns and violence. people like to think that if you have a C&C that you are, as knox called it, waiting for WW3 or pretending to be a cowboy. in reality its usually neither of those things.




Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:47 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Because it is indoctrinated to us when we are young that guns\knifes are bad.

Chris
in the end, this is the biggest reason. the indoctrination of misinformation about guns and violence. people like to think that if you have a C&C that you are, as knox called it, waiting for WW3 or pretending to be a cowboy. in reality its usually neither of those things.


Wai...wai...wai...waidaminute now. I have said that I don't mind guns at all. Don't bunch me up with those "Guns are evil" wimps. What I said was simply that if your "collection" consists of 100 AK47s, 3 gattling guns and a rocket launcher, I'm going to think you're a kook. Much in the same way that I'd think you were nuts if you drove a Top Fuel Dragster to work. It's got nothing to do with the gun, and everything to do with it's rather odd usage.

Same goes for packing. If I lived somewhere dangerous you BET I'd have a gun. Probably two. Again it's the usage. If you carry a gun simply because you're scared of that some day you'll get held up, then you are a paranoid nut. Not because it can't happen. Could happen to you, could happen to me. We could also get into a car accident at any time but I don't see you wearing a helmet and 8 point race harness at all times. There comes a moment in your life where fear prevents you from enjoying life.

Again, it's all about circumstance. If I worked as a repo man. I'd want a gun. If I had to walk through dangerous areas often, I'd want a gun.

But if you wander around with a shoulder holster and 9mm because there's a one in a million chance that someone might decide to make you a victim, then you're doing more damage to yourself than anything. Trust me, I KNOW. I was one of those guys who locked all his doors and checked the windows three/four times in one night and slept with a weapon that I was well practiced in using within easy reach. I can't do that anymore. It takes away all the pleasure out of your life to always expect that "something" may happen. It eats away at you. Eventually you don't sleep and overreact to mundane situations because all capacity to judge danger.

Life isn't safe and sometimes you just gotta live. I'm not disagreeing with anyone's choices.
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:17 AM on j-body.org
So, you would feel safe going on a boat, knowing there was a 1 in a million chance of it sinking, and not care that there was a life preserver?


Both can save, and or take your life, when not used correctly.


I walked around with a 9mm strapped to me every day three years ago... And yes, iIfelt safer.
As soon as WI passes CC, my .45 will be too, Because much like the life preserver, you never know when you will need it, for your selves, or to "throw in" to protect others.


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:29 AM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:

My dad was a gunsmith so I grew up around guns. I learned to respect them and what they can do and as a result I never had any "accidents" as a kid. I knew where a loaded handgun was at all times and I knew to not touch it. I had an argument with a former coworker about firearms once. They can not go off on their own unless there is a mechanical malfunction and you have a round in the chamber. A firearm is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. Just like hammer, unless it is picked up and used it can not do anything. They dont have a mind of their own and just decide one day to go of and kill someone. If I really wanted to I could kill someone with a Bic pen, when are those going to get banned?

x2





Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

So, you would feel safe going on a boat, knowing there was a 1 in a million chance of it sinking, and not care that there was a life preserver?


Both can save, and or take your life, when not used correctly.


I walked around with a 9mm strapped to me every day three years ago... And yes, iIfelt safer.
As soon as WI passes CC, my .45 will be too, Because much like the life preserver, you never know when you will need it, for your selves, or to "throw in" to protect others.


Chris


Don't forget Chris, we, in quebec, have a very different mentality than you. The only time you hear about people getting shot it's in montreal, at night. Otherwise you can do whatever you want and there's more chance to win the lottery than getting shot.



Gilles
2.3 Ho


Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:09 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:

Weebel, you live in Medford, Minnesota. A town whose population is under 1000. What the hell you need to pack heat for? I don't mean this in a bad way, and maybe you have good reason, I'm just saying that I live in a small town as well (In Quebec) and I'd feel safe walking down the street in the middle of the nigh with several thousand dollars pinned on me. (Hell, I feel safe in dark alleys in Montreal, forget about about my hometown.) People here are pussies and my wife who's 5'3" and from New York could probably take on the meanest guy here.


Just because you feel safe doesnt mean that someone wont try to harm you. There has been multiple instances where people have be assaulted ON my college"s campus and they do employ a full time police force.





Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:

(tabs) wrote:

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Because it is indoctrinated to us when we are young that guns\knifes are bad.

Chris
in the end, this is the biggest reason. the indoctrination of misinformation about guns and violence. people like to think that if you have a C&C that you are, as knox called it, waiting for WW3 or pretending to be a cowboy. in reality its usually neither of those things.


Wai...wai...wai...waidaminute now. I have said that I don't mind guns at all. Don't bunch me up with those "Guns are evil" wimps. What I said was simply that if your "collection" consists of 100 AK47s, 3 gattling guns and a rocket launcher, I'm going to think you're a kook. Much in the same way that I'd think you were nuts if you drove a Top Fuel Dragster to work. It's got nothing to do with the gun, and everything to do with it's rather odd usage.


Ok no one put you in any category tabs was just explaining and reiterating what others had said. Second of all the guy in the dragster is USING the dragster as the other person is just collecting them. I am sure he would shoot them but my guess is that he would be shooting them at a range, he isn't strapping one to himself and off he goes for his morning jog. (I realize this is an example.) So the difference in your examples helps your argument but is biased. How many people collect cars, spoons, balls anything that can be collected is jesus its hilarious the stuff people collect so what is wrong with collecting guns? There is a lot to honor in a gun the smith craft technology looks style and heritage of a weapon or its maker. So it is something more worthwhile to collect than say buttons off shirts. If having a large collection of weapons is bad please tell the airforce museum in my town to get rid of theirs as well as the Smithsonian and all other military museums.

About the paranioa thing well I will take the odds of having a gun at the time. My college town is dangerous many of my friends have been held up. Two people were kidnapped until they gave over their cash. I have had near incidencses where if I hadn't simply stood up to the guys they would have screwed me up. So a gun is a totally realistic thing. I am sorry but the police aren't always around and making sure nobody is in danger. Most of the time they will come after the fact and then apprehend. So it is up to us to not allow ourselves to fall victim. Look at it this way a guy mugs me i shoot him in the leg and call the police with him there think of the man hours and money I just saved my local government by protecting myself. As well he won't be able to do it again or maybe I just stopped a guy who has been mugging a bunch of people. So no it isn't being paranoid it is being prepared and willing.

Back to Weeble's question man I am right there with you on how idiotic people have become about guns. I had a friend when I was little mine like 16 years ago whose parents all of the sudden asked me to leave because they didn't believe in weapons anymore and I had brought over a toy gun or something like that. Yes please if we hide our face when a weapon comes out and say oh no I am sorry i don't believe in those they don't exist crime will go up.

Why can people not simply look at a weapon logically.


I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!



The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:54 PM on j-body.org
I think I just strayed from the topic, sorry Weeble. You see, I agree with Weeble that people are totally freakish about guns. It's because it's an unknown and it frightens them. Much as I think people will act around cars in about 100 years when those are banned too. They won't see a 1966 Corvette 427 tri power, they'll see a big loud thing that is dangerous and might explode just sitting there.

But back to what I accidently led this thread to.

You wanna know what bugs me? It's not guns, it's not people who carry guns, it's not people who collect guns, it's not people who hunt with guns. A hobby is a hobby and I get that. I love guns dammit. I own guns! I have books on guns. I like reading about guns. I am, to be honest, a slight gun buff.

So get any preconceptions of me HATING GUNS out of your head, please.

What bugs me is the 22 year old Fred Durst looking kid with a "The South Never Surrendered" tattoo who is illegally packing and likes to go to bars. Know what? I don't trust him. No more than I trust a 16 year old street racer. I don't hate cars, I don't hate street racing, but I don't trust people who almost have a sign on their head that say "I'm going to end up in the newspaper." and like it or not you ALL know at least one gun owner or driver like that. Someone who is irresponsible and stupid and who hasn't had anything happen to them yet but gives a bad name to everyone who loves what you love.

Like I said, I-Don't-Hate-Guns. At the same though I live in one of the safest places on the planet, so it's pointless for me to have one. If I lived in the United States of COURSE I'd have one and if I lived somewhere with a bit too many people with stories like "...and then I watched him run off with my jacket." then I'd have a C&C permit. It's all about putting things in the proper perspective.

Sometimes you gotta be Zen about stuff.
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:41 PM on j-body.org
"What bugs me is the 22 year old Fred Durst looking kid with a "The South Never Surrendered" tattoo who is illegally packing and likes to go to bars. Know what? I don't trust him. No more than I trust a 16 year old street racer. I don't hate cars, I don't hate street racing, but I don't trust people who almost have a sign on their head that say "I'm going to end up in the newspaper." and like it or not you ALL know at least one gun owner or driver like that. Someone who is irresponsible and stupid and who hasn't had anything happen to them yet but gives a bad name to everyone who loves what you love."


No law is going to stop them from doing what they are already doing. I was going to save my tax return check but I am debating using to to purchase a handgun. I live 5 miles outside of Detroit and a lot of the @!#$ from that city has been spilling into my area in recent years. I may even get my CCW even though I plan on moving in 5 months.



Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Mfk-223 wrote:

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

So, you would feel safe going on a boat, knowing there was a 1 in a million chance of it sinking, and not care that there was a life preserver?


Both can save, and or take your life, when not used correctly.


I walked around with a 9mm strapped to me every day three years ago... And yes, iIfelt safer.
As soon as WI passes CC, my .45 will be too, Because much like the life preserver, you never know when you will need it, for your selves, or to "throw in" to protect others.


Chris


Don't forget Chris, we, in quebec, have a very different mentality than you. The only time you hear about people getting shot it's in montreal, at night. Otherwise you can do whatever you want and there's more chance to win the lottery than getting shot.



Good point, the media paints Guns\Knifes in a bad light too.

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:12 PM on j-body.org
Nahh... I dont mind where this is going.... it's really all the same argument.

As far as feeling the need to carry one.......

1. I was raised that way
2. I've been shot at
3. I've had a gun pulled on me when I was in my car at my apartment (I speed off and got away thank god) it turned out he just robbed the local subway
4. I was in the military and was also trained in both fully automatic assault rifles, and hand guns (both military and civilian training)
5. Having a gun on me has saved my ass a few times

I've been taught to be prepared at all times.... which is also the reason I carry a knife 100% of the time. (not so much as a weapon but as a tool)

Do I feel safer with a gun on me? Yes I do... well because I am... although I do realize that I'm not untouchable even if I have one.... other people have them too.... but it certainly helps my chances.

Carrying a weapon isn't a burden... I can hardley tell it's there.... although it can be a pain in the ass if I happen to come accross a metal detector that I didn't know about ahead of time..... god those guys at Hot Import Nights pissed me off LOL.

Most people dont screw with me anyway because of the way I look.... Would you mess with the hardcore looking biker that just pulled up at the gas station? prob not... but you never know....

The other thread about the gun ban list where I posted "just try to f@cking take them"... that picture is actually me LOL

Guns arnt dangerouse when handled correctly.... unless you have a round chambered and the firing pin is back (no hammer) there it no more of a chance of the bullet firing that if it where sitting in a box of ammo. Thats why any hand gun I own has a hammer that I can "uncock" so I can saftely keep a round in the chamber.... any semi auto hammerless rifles I own, are kept unchambered.

I'm not trying to be a cowboy.... and I don't consider myself paronoid, but most other people do.

But theres nothing wrong with being a little paranoid.... those people are the ones that end up living through the crazy @!#$ that comes out of no where..... and If your ready for something that doesnt happen... well... no harm no foul.

People have owned and carried guns since the dawn of this country.... in reality... nothing has changed other than there are more people and the common IQ of the average person has significantly dropped..... to me.... I dont see a difference between carrying a gun now than there was back then.....

People are becoming pussies and becoming more ignorant at an ever increasing rate in our world..... and those select few of us that are somehow immune to this trend our now known as the odd balls that go against the grain... or troublemakers.


BTW.... sorry for the bad grammar.... it's been awhile since I've typed on a regular basis.






Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:17 PM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:

"What bugs me is the 22 year old Fred Durst looking kid with a "The South Never Surrendered" tattoo who is illegally packing and likes to go to bars. Know what? I don't trust him. No more than I trust a 16 year old street racer. I don't hate cars, I don't hate street racing, but I don't trust people who almost have a sign on their head that say "I'm going to end up in the newspaper." and like it or not you ALL know at least one gun owner or driver like that. Someone who is irresponsible and stupid and who hasn't had anything happen to them yet but gives a bad name to everyone who loves what you love."


No law is going to stop them from doing what they are already doing. I was going to save my tax return check but I am debating using to to purchase a handgun. I live 5 miles outside of Detroit and a lot of the @!#$ from that city has been spilling into my area in recent years. I may even get my CCW even though I plan on moving in 5 months.


Dude, if I lived anywhere remotely near Detroit, I'd have an M60 mounted on a tripod welded in the back of my pickup truck with a gunner named "Steve the Crazy Swede" riding with me every day.

As for laws, I don't believe in laws or bans. They're pointless and restrictive to the wrong people.

As for Weebel, there's nothing wrong with you carrying if you've had stuff happen. But some people are a little too ready. It's like those guys walking point who start to see stuff moving in the corner of their eyes. They're so strung up that they start to see sh!t and that actually makes them less ready because it exhausts them jumping at shadows.
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:48 PM on j-body.org
Its not that bad yet. If you mention owning a gun you will get a lot of negative reaction.

When I went to Australia for a hunting trip I had to change planes in LA. The fastest way to get through an airport and go straight to the front of the check in line is to have a double gun hard case. You get a nice police escort everywhere. You also get a lot of scared looks from other people.





Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:59 PM on j-body.org
My uncle and my friends dad both have rooms full of guns. Most of which havent actually every been shot. Seems conpletely pointless to me. I can understand CC in large cities but not around here. Both of those guys carry now and I know their kids are going to. There hasnt been a violent crime in my city in 40 years. I find that slightly paranoid.

My cousin works for his sisters fiancee doing lawn care on govt repo houses and he had to go to the ghetto of dayton and he brought a 9mm with him. I totally agree with him on that. Because theres a possiblility of him actually being in danger.



Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:45 AM on j-body.org
This is where I think it's kinda funny....

If your in a safe location why have a gun? is what a lot of people are saying.

Sure you prob wont need one.... Hell, I'll prob never need mine again..... but there really isn't a reason NOT to carry one that I can think of. (for me anyway)

Im trying to think of a good comparison other than the condom rule.

To me it's kinda like... I'll prob never get a flat tire or hit something with my car.... but I still have a spare tire and wear a seatbelt. They dont do any harm, but are extremely usufull if needed.

And if your ever in a situation where you need it and dont have it.... your screwed.

I honesty dont understand why everybody doesnt carry a pocket knife...... even if you only use it to open letters.... it can be a life saving TOOL (not necessarily a weapon) if god hates you enough lol

When I see a gun.... I just see a gun... I dont see a tool of death, although I know thats honestly what it's designed for..... they are designed to kill.... the thing is.... when it's in my hands I know that it wont kill anything that I I dont intend to harm.... I treat them with the respect they deserve and although I know what they can do.... I know that it will only do what it's desinged to do when I make it do it and only to it to what I intend to shoot.

To be honest.... I am a gun nut.... If I had he money I would have a collection of guns... although the only thing I would use them for is shooting targets and self protection... i'm not a hunter.

When other people see a gun... they think about getting shot.... or being stabbed when they see a knife. Those people are timid. The weapon... regardless of what it is has no disposition against you.... it's the person that handles it that you have to asses. When people see a claw hammer.... they dont think about having thier brains bashed in... they think about nails and wood.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people...

Wich brings us to the Fred Durst analogy.... wich I happen to agree with.

Some people (actually most) are not responsible enough to carry a weapon.... especially a firearm. These are the people that cause gun control laws and give guns a bad rep.

Now if you don't wish to own or carry one... thats your choice.... but at least be educated on them if only in general.

It used to be "you dont have a sidearm or rifle on you? are you crazy?" Now it's "you have a gun? what do you need that for"?

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory nut job..... but we've been tought to think that way over the years so we can be better controlled by our government..... and it's working.

I personally believe all this stems from the same problem that most our problems as a nation and world come from..... The average person is a stupid, ignorant, sheltered, obliviouse, moron.... and it gets worse every day.


Sorry to be negative..... I'm just in disbelief of what I see around me sometimes,








Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 8:36 AM on j-body.org

Please refer to my GreenieRainbow thread....same concept.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 12:59 PM on j-body.org
How do homos and tree huggers have anything to do with gun control?



Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:07 PM on j-body.org
Schools teach about how guns are bad. In school we had sex ed and drug programs but it is big @!#$ fit anytime someone suggests firearm safety be covered in school. I was always told I was wrong whenever I would try and correct the misconceptions told in school. If you tell a lie enough times it becomes truth.



Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:16 PM on j-body.org
I guess my school is just messed up. Im pretty sure theres kids with rifles in their trucks here. Most of them carry knives even though getting caught is grounds for suspension. I havent ever been in a class where I was told that guns are bad.

Id say the media is more to blame with the fear of guns like the standard story of dumbass dad leaves a gun laying out his 3 yr old shoots him in the face. Thats why people are paranoid. They assume every gun is like child bait but i guess if youre stupid enough to leave it out you deserve what you get. Also the stories of The Fred Durst look alike cleaning his gun with the safety off and shoots himself. Thats his fault not the guns.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search