Another Email I got. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Email I got.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:56 PM on j-body.org
Thought I would post this too.

(and Hopefully piss some people off.)

Quote:

Subject: An Obituary Worth Reading contributed by Mr. Robert Hennsler of Las Vegas, NV
An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and sadly rather true.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.



Chris


"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry



Re: Another Email I got.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:09 PM on j-body.org
So true.



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:08 AM on j-body.org
old, but 100% true





Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:11 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

old, but 100% true



This


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Very true, but you couldn't have just made one topic called "Chris complains about the economy"?



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:21 AM on j-body.org
i remember the day common sence died. it was the day a judge awarded a women several million dollars for spilling hot coffee on herself.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:28 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

Very true, but you couldn't have just made one topic called "Chris complains about the economy"?


haha I was just thinking the same thing




Brian


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Hey then don't look at his threads and quit bitching. Go stick your head in the sand and think life is wonderful and not care and not do anything since I know you don't.


I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!



The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:32 AM on j-body.org
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:

Hey then don't look at his threads and quit bitching. Go stick your head in the sand and think life is wonderful and not care and not do anything since I know you don't.


Because you're apparently doing so much more than I am to help fix the economy.



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:39 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:

Hey then don't look at his threads and quit bitching. Go stick your head in the sand and think life is wonderful and not care and not do anything since I know you don't.


Because you're apparently doing so much more than I am to help fix the economy.


Maybe not but I bet he is more up to date and aware of FACTS pertaining to politics and the economy than you are.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:44 PM on j-body.org
^ I can't wait to see how you/he back up that statement...




Brian



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:02 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Regularly read in the war forum for 3-4 years and you will see who is mad as sh!t, full of sh!t, smart as sh!t, blind as sh!t, spewing sh!t, conservative as sh!t, liberal as sh!t, fed up with sh!t, smells like sh!t, has brains made of sh!t, eats up sh!t, regurgitates retarded sh!t, thinks about sh!t, stirs sh!t, can see through the sh!t, has stepped in sh!t, knows when sh!t is going to hit the fan, has been sh!t on, or have opinions that are sh!t.



KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:03 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

^^^ Regularly read in the war forum for 3-4 years and you will see who is mad as sh!t, full of sh!t, smart as sh!t, blind as sh!t, spewing sh!t, conservative as sh!t, liberal as sh!t, fed up with sh!t, smells like sh!t, has brains made of sh!t, eats up sh!t, regurgitates retarded sh!t, thinks about sh!t, stirs sh!t, can see through the sh!t, has stepped in sh!t, knows when sh!t is going to hit the fan, has been sh!t on, or have opinions that are sh!t.





well played





Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:17 PM on j-body.org
^ I've been reading the War forum since the day it was created (circa 2003 if my mind serves me?), I know the "sh!t" you're driving at...

4 years ago would have put M-1 Erma Jean at the wise old age of...16? I highly doubt he was immersed in much more than biology homework and acne.

His statement was ignorant...that's it...now back on topic.




Brian


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:35 PM on j-body.org
FrostySunfire wrote:

^ I've been reading the War forum since the day it was created (circa 2003 if my mind serves me?), I know the "sh!t" you're driving at...

4 years ago would have put M-1 Erma Jean at the wise old age of...16? I highly doubt he was immersed in much more than biology homework and acne.

So you don't believe that a 16 year old might be informed and paying attention to what's going on in the country? I can tell you that I was paying attention to politics since I was about 14. Once I started working, and paying taxes, I started realizing that it might behoove me to pay attention to the people who take my money.

Also, if he was 16 four years ago, what's that got to do with now?







Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:42 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

FrostySunfire wrote:

^ I've been reading the War forum since the day it was created (circa 2003 if my mind serves me?), I know the "sh!t" you're driving at...

4 years ago would have put M-1 Erma Jean at the wise old age of...16? I highly doubt he was immersed in much more than biology homework and acne.

So you don't believe that a 16 year old might be informed and paying attention to what's going on in the country? I can tell you that I was paying attention to politics since I was about 14. Once I started working, and paying taxes, I started realizing that it might behoove me to pay attention to the people who take my money.

Also, if he was 16 four years ago, what's that got to do with now?


Ding, ding, ding we have a winner, Gutter tell him what he's won.

FrostySunfire, with that logic, I am older than you so I must be smarted. / sarcasm


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:43 PM on j-body.org
lol @ Gutter.






Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:50 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

lol @ Gutter.


I figured you would like the "smarted" comment better.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:03 PM on j-body.org
...4 years ago....the whole "regularly read for 3-4 years" comment?....nevermind. Simple simple minds. In retrospect, my comment really has no validity, but I don't really give a flying @!#$. Blame it on my liberal thinking and bring on the backpedal comments. I am still standing by the fact that his comment was mindless and does nothing to prove that he is any more "up to date and aware of FACTS" than a rock.

/me in this thread










Brian


Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:04 PM on j-body.org
In case anyone cares to recognize my main point:

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:

Hey then don't look at his threads and quit bitching. Go stick your head in the sand and think life is wonderful and not care and not do anything since I know you don't.


Aside from the awkward grammar, he's saying he KNOWS I don't do anything about the economy.

Whether or not this is true, he is 1: relying on inferences instead of the FACTS that so many of you claim to have an enormous wealth of.
2: I'm willing to bet he, like damn near everyone else on this board, does nothing but forward snarky emails and send a teabag to the White House for a secretary to throw away thinking they will scare the government into compliance with their will.

Sorry to say folks, but posting these witty, and often true emails on a messageboard isn't doing anything for anyone. the same 20-30 people read it, and the same 5 people sit here and have an e-war over who's right.

If you actually, TRULY want to take your government back, why do you waste your time here instead of marching on the steps of Washington?



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:30 PM on j-body.org
Ok well I am back from class so let the true games begin.

Where to start. Lets see at the ripe old age of 11 I was having political debates with not only my peers but my teachers as well. So I was more well informed than most children at that age. At sixteen I paid a decent amount of attention to what was going on and how the economy worked as well as taxes and government. I had to (first off I had a thirst for it) secondly well that was just a part of my school as the students there and the way the school functioned.

Now my comment well let me see. The only mindless thing was saying "I know you don't", My comment was in a retort to you complaining about someone complaining, discussing and sharing a joke, as well as societal observation, and the fact that you in essence ignore statements that people post about the topics of today. In fact your own as well as Frosty's actions in this post proved it over again. I slightly remember people's conversations on the boards (sigs help with that) and can say that you act as if everything will get better and really don't understand how the economy works and go on acting as you did before the "crisis".

Now what do I do for the economy.

1) I don't spend all my money I save it.
2) I invest my money and encourage others to save and invest.
3) I have been paying income taxes since I was at least 12 how long have you?
4) I heavily care about what the government does along with the private sector. Caring will always make you better than the apathetic.
5) I discuss this topic with many people of many different statures and different titles form student to senators and accountants.

As for the sending tea bags thing. No I didn't do it for a couple of reasons. Lets start with the symbolism is nice but does not properly adhere with what is going on today. Two It is really not a good idea if I am going to send anything to Washington it will be a letter saying I don't agree with these things and informing my senator's not to vote on certain stances. Thirdly I pay taxes so I sure as hell am not going to give them more of my money to do something idiotic by sending it in the mail. ( In case you didn't know the mail system is operated by the government.)

Oh Frosty please find in my post where I stated that I was more up to date than anyone else. I know it was a big post but find it for me will you dear.

Marching on the capital right now does make a statement but more people will be needed to send a true message. So what I do in the mean time is to inform and encourage people so that I won't march alone.



Please bring it on and prove me mindless I don't do anything mindlessly (not even @!#$ting).




I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!



The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig

Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:34 PM on j-body.org
Oh side note

I really never had acne. Plus by 16 i was studying Chemistry oh yea and American Government.


I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!



The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:19 PM on j-body.org
*sigh*

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:

Ok well I am back from class so let the true games begin.


OH NOES!!!! I hope you don't prove me wrong TOO bad! I couldn't stand the embarrassment!!! Dude seriously you seem WAY too excited about this arguing on the internet thing. Chiiiilllll.... Every one of your posts it's like you're itching to shoot someone.

Quote:


Where to start. Lets see at the ripe old age of 11 I was having political debates with not only my peers but my teachers as well. So I was more well informed than most children at that age. At sixteen I paid a decent amount of attention to what was going on and how the economy worked as well as taxes and government. I had to (first off I had a thirst for it) secondly well that was just a part of my school as the students there and the way the school functioned.

Congratulations? I can imagine how these "debates" went on...

Teacher: Okay class, apparently Mr. Clinton kissed another girl an...
Tripp: NUH UH! MY DAD SAID HE GOT HEAD FROM MONICA LEWINSKY!!!
Teacher: Uh... Noo... lets not talk about that
Tripp: I KNOW THE FACTS!!!

Quote:


Now my comment well let me see. The only mindless thing was saying "I know you don't", My comment was in a retort to you complaining about someone complaining, discussing and sharing a joke, as well as societal observation, and the fact that you in essence ignore statements that people post about the topics of today.

Actually it was a lighthearted joke about Chris making 4 new topics. Congratulations for over-reacting.

Quote:


In fact your own as well as Frosty's actions in this post proved it over again. I slightly remember people's conversations on the boards (sigs help with that) and can say that you act as if everything will get better and really don't understand how the economy works and go on acting as you did before the "crisis".


You're right. Because if everyone went into panic mode, we'd be a lot worse off. The economy could get worse, it could get better. I live well within my means, have several backup plans if I were to lose my job (and I haven't yet, knock on wood) so no, I'm not overly worried about myself at this point in time. This could change in an instant, I know this well.


Quote:


Now what do I do for the economy.

1) I don't spend all my money I save it. Isn't this how the economy started to downturn in the first place? No one was buying anything, everyone was saving everything they have. Businesses can't profit if no one is buying their stuff. Please explain to me, political prodigy, how this helps the economy?
2) I invest my money and encourage others to save and invest.
3) I have been paying income taxes since I was at least 12 how long have you? 16, if you must know. So I'm supposed to be impressed by this? Congrats, you had a paper route. Next point
4) I heavily care about what the government does along with the private sector. Caring will always make you better than the apathetic.
5) I discuss this topic with many people of many different statures and different titles form student to senators and accountants. By senators you mean emailing them your views on the economy, only to be blocked by their spam filter, right?

Quote:


( In case you didn't know the mail system is operated by the government.)
No way. SRSLY?



Re: Another Email I got.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:14 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

*sigh*

M-1 Erma Jean wrote:

Ok well I am back from class so let the true games begin.


OH NOES!!!! I hope you don't prove me wrong TOO bad! I couldn't stand the embarrassment!!! Dude seriously you seem WAY too excited about this arguing on the internet thing. Chiiiilllll.... Every one of your posts it's like you're itching to shoot someone.

Quote:


Where to start. Lets see at the ripe old age of 11 I was having political debates with not only my peers but my teachers as well. So I was more well informed than most children at that age. At sixteen I paid a decent amount of attention to what was going on and how the economy worked as well as taxes and government. I had to (first off I had a thirst for it) secondly well that was just a part of my school as the students there and the way the school functioned.

Congratulations? I can imagine how these "debates" went on...

Teacher: Okay class, apparently Mr. Clinton kissed another girl an...
Tripp: NUH UH! MY DAD SAID HE GOT HEAD FROM MONICA LEWINSKY!!!
Teacher: Uh... Noo... lets not talk about that
Tripp: I KNOW THE FACTS!!!

Quote:


Now my comment well let me see. The only mindless thing was saying "I know you don't", My comment was in a retort to you complaining about someone complaining, discussing and sharing a joke, as well as societal observation, and the fact that you in essence ignore statements that people post about the topics of today.

Actually it was a lighthearted joke about Chris making 4 new topics. Congratulations for over-reacting.

Quote:


In fact your own as well as Frosty's actions in this post proved it over again. I slightly remember people's conversations on the boards (sigs help with that) and can say that you act as if everything will get better and really don't understand how the economy works and go on acting as you did before the "crisis".


You're right. Because if everyone went into panic mode, we'd be a lot worse off. The economy could get worse, it could get better. I live well within my means, have several backup plans if I were to lose my job (and I haven't yet, knock on wood) so no, I'm not overly worried about myself at this point in time. This could change in an instant, I know this well.


Quote:


Now what do I do for the economy.

1) I don't spend all my money I save it. Isn't this how the economy started to downturn in the first place? No one was buying anything, everyone was saving everything they have. Businesses can't profit if no one is buying their stuff. Please explain to me, political prodigy, how this helps the economy?
2) I invest my money and encourage others to save and invest.
3) I have been paying income taxes since I was at least 12 how long have you? 16, if you must know. So I'm supposed to be impressed by this? Congrats, you had a paper route. Next point
4) I heavily care about what the government does along with the private sector. Caring will always make you better than the apathetic.
5) I discuss this topic with many people of many different statures and different titles form student to senators and accountants. By senators you mean emailing them your views on the economy, only to be blocked by their spam filter, right?

Quote:


( In case you didn't know the mail system is operated by the government.)
No way. SRSLY?


HAHA LMAO!!!

Thatguy85 that was funny as hell. In general, I think you're right.
Re: Another Email I got.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:26 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:



1) I don't spend all my money I save it. Isn't this how the economy started to downturn in the first place? No one was buying anything, everyone was saving everything they have. Businesses can't profit if no one is buying their stuff. Please explain to me, political prodigy, how this helps the economy?


Really? This is what you believe started the economy on the down swing? Have you been paying attention to anything the past few years?







Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search