A $50 lesson in economics. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A $50 lesson in economics.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:28 PM on j-body.org
(just a story)

I recently visited a friend from college who had married about 7 years ago and he + his wife had a charming little girl. After making our aquaintences, I asked Megan what she wanted to be when she grew up. Megan proudly responded that she was going to be President of the USA! Her parents smiled and told me it might happen, since her teacher said she was very bright and extremely mature for her age.

"And what would be the first thing you would do if you became president?" I asked her. " I'd give all the homeless people free groceries and a nice places to live." (her parents, both liberal greenie-rainbow types simply BEAMED!!!)

I said " well that's a truly noble goal, but you don't have to wait until you are presdent to do that, you can start this afternoon" Really? How? "Well, you can come to my house, pull the weeds in my garden, carry the trash out of my garage, help wash my car, and give my dog a bath. I'll give you $50, then we can go down to the gas station where the homeless guys hang out, and you can give him the $50 for the groceries and a down payment on a new house!"

"Megan looked puzzled, thought for a moment, then said " Why doesn't the homeless guy do all that stuff and just give him the $50?"

Welcome to the republican party Megan" I said.

Her parents still won't speak to me anymore.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: A $50 lesson in economics.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:34 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha

Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:32 AM on j-body.org
A+

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:14 AM on j-body.org
hahaha that's actually pretty funny

Brian

Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:29 AM on j-body.org
That was great.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:34 PM on j-body.org
for once, youve posted something that i didnt cringe at reading.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:53 PM on j-body.org
Yes Tabs, but I see you simply HAD to see what it was though....

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:23 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Yes Tabs, but I see you simply HAD to see what it was though....
I cringe when I see the idiot on "World's Wildest Police Chases" get run over by the tractor-trailer, but I still watch

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:38 PM on j-body.org
Same concept. You know if you drive too slowly past the wreck on the freeway, you'll see the head roll out when the door opens....yet you just can't speed up...

Tabs is this way with my posts. He doesn't like what I think, hates my ideas, despises my rightwing thinking, but has to look at it anyway, KNOWING he'll get pissed off.

Would like me purposely reading Rosie O'douchebags new book and proper childrearing.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:50 PM on j-body.org
Actually, tabs is pretty right-wing. I think he was referring to your posts usually being pretty poorly worded, often melodramatic, sometimes incoherent, and just not very well thought out. Kind of like a train wreck... or a post by Taetsch, lol.
Carefully re-read your last post here and you might get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:05 PM on j-body.org
That was friggin fantastic. I got an email about a chick in college talking to her dad. Different story, same principle. Awesome.

What's funny to me is people bragging about beating Cavaliers in street races.

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:02 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Same concept. You know if you drive too slowly past the wreck on the freeway, you'll see the head roll out when the door opens....yet you just can't speed up...

Tabs is this way with my posts. He doesn't like what I think, hates my ideas, despises my rightwing thinking, but has to look at it anyway, KNOWING he'll get pissed off.

Would like me purposely reading Rosie O'douchebags new book and proper childrearing.

It's not your ideas, it's your delivery.

Most of your posts seem to lack clarity or proper articulation, and end up looking like a foolish, uninformed rant.

Tabs is fairly conservative if you've paid any attention to his posts in this forum. I'd bet his reason for cringing when reading most of your posts is due to the fact that when someone on your side looks like a fool, it hurts your own cause.

Friday, March 27, 2009 8:58 AM on j-body.org
yes, quik and OHV have it correct. you are rude, arrogant, and ignorant and you present yourself in ever increasingly polarizing ways. you think that your opinions are fact and you like to flaunt them, but when someone else tries to give theirs you insult them for doing the same thing as yourself. ive not attacked you once on this board, but you blindly lumped me into the boat with the rest of your detractors without even reasoning it through.

as quik pointed out, we are more on the same side than not, but when people like you post all you do is drive away people who might otherwise learn something from a real discussion of the matter at hand. i am a registered republican, practicing libertarian, and a medium grade conservative. but instead of taking any of that into consideration, you chose to spew vile, venomous ignorance and hatred my way because you mistake doing so with being able to debate. that is why i cringe at what you post and why i usually dont read your threads and do my best to gloss over your posts in other people's threads.

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:18 PM on j-body.org
" He doesn't like what I think, hates my ideas, despises my rightwing thinking, but has to look at it anyway, KNOWING he'll get pissed off." this is a perfect example of "vile, venomous ignorance and hatred "-tabs

Golly gee, if that is vile, venomous, hateful ignorance, then I'd hate to see what you'd label something like: Tabs is a dummy dum bum bummy. Would you lump me in the same category as cannibals, black-market organ dealers, and clubbers-of-baby-seals? Ability to debate? If you are such a larry elderish republitarian, then, by your own admission, our political leanings are likely similar. So what's up for debate? Nuva ring vs. the pill? Blondes vs. Brunettes? Whole-wheat vs. buckwheat.? Truly, I am wondering now, and will not need a pot of cofee to keep me up tonight, for all the wondering and fretting I'll be doing. Incoherent enough for ya?

Oh, piss off + refer to my sig.

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:51 PM on j-body.org

Man, you just don't get it.

The entire point is that most of your rantings are an embarrassment to our side of the argument. Hence the cringing.

Friday, March 27, 2009 8:49 PM on j-body.org
You can add to this joke, but I giggled on this one though.

But yep, still an idiot. Now a idiot with a sense of humor.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:17 PM on j-body.org
Ok, you got me.... Now tell me where the blueprints are + I'll let your girlfriend live.

So, here you were, championing the cause of 89 octane conservatives on j-body, + then I started posting, causing you and the other core members of the intelligencia to lose ground in your battle for the minds + hearts of J-body owners. You had nearly convinced GAM to move to Alabama, and KOTL to buy a pink car, and BAM! my stupid posts arrived and suddenly everything you've been saying is dumbed down.

Gee mister, you sure are giving me a lot of credit for spoiling your side of the argument. Guess me and jimmy will scram + let you and the fellas duke it out for a while.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:24 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Ok, you got me.... Now tell me where the blueprints are + I'll let your girlfriend live.

So, here you were, championing the cause of 89 octane conservatives on j-body, + then I started posting, causing you and the other core members of the intelligencia to lose ground in your battle for the minds + hearts of J-body owners. You had nearly convinced GAM to move to Alabama, and KOTL to buy a pink car, and BAM! my stupid posts arrived and suddenly everything you've been saying is dumbed down.

Gee mister, you sure are giving me a lot of credit for spoiling your side of the argument. Guess me and jimmy will scram + let you and the fellas duke it out for a while.

wat

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, March 30, 2009 4:08 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Ok, you got me.... Now tell me where the blueprints are + I'll let your girlfriend live.

IMO you're a tool.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Monday, March 30, 2009 4:21 PM on j-body.org

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search